Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saturday is Field Day here. Did up a little mess of dishes, took out trash, cleaned stop top. Here in a bit going to shower. Got two jobs on offer not in the school system.

One is with MOTVA, Easy Rider buses. They need another set of hands on their 4PM to 12AM shift. The night loop lady driver told me, one guy fidgets with a maintenance box, sweeps and mops inside the bus while the other fuels it. She further said, "nothing to it, we just got one guy doing what was a two guy job."

The second offer is over at the Em-- branch of our local Library. It is custodial. That is just 4 PM to 8 PM, & likely a giant pay cut. Still it may be attractive to me for the work reduction, finding out my get-up and go, obviously got up and went without a forwarding address.

In the school system, looking at a possible transfer to another school. If I can find other work at near comparable pay though, looking to be out of the schools. It was a career maybe 30 years ago, now it is a j.o.b. like everything else. Not worth it either if you end retiring a crippled old man, bitter over the pettiness of humanity. Sure, good pay, great benefits, but still not worth it.

I'm still part timing at Gabes as well. We had fun this morning, Micheal, who I call Tweety, got asked by Victoria how old he thought she was. LOL He tried 40, to his credit. I chuckled, "Nah, you aim for 20 something, you silly fool." She gave him a look and busted out laughing. Four of us stood there and cut up over it, two managers and two maintenance/custodial people.

We all still got the work done, we were all still professional. We all had a bit of fun though and felt human, valued, respected. There isn't that for me in the schools. MOTVA seems a good crew of folks, and will likely afford as close a pay scale as the schools. Bonus they use BC&BS for insurance from what I am led to believe.

We'll see where life rambles. I've rambled enough to be talked out for now. Keeping busy, y'all run 'er slow.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saturday is Field Day here. Did up a little mess of dishes, took out trash, cleaned stop top. Here in a bit going to shower. Got two jobs on offer not in the school system.

One is with MOTVA, Easy Rider buses. They need another set of hands on their 4PM to 12AM shift. The night loop lady driver told me, one guy fidgets with a maintenance box, sweeps and mops inside the bus while the other fuels it. She further said, "nothing to it, we just got one guy doing what was a two guy job."

The second offer is over at the Em-- branch of our local Library. It is custodial. That is just 4 PM to 8 PM, & likely a giant pay cut. Still it may be attractive to me for the work reduction, finding out my get-up and go, obviously got up and went without a forwarding address.

In the school system, looking at a possible transfer to another school. If I can find other work at near comparable pay though, looking to be out of the schools. It was a career maybe 30 years ago, now it is a j.o.b. like everything else. Not worth it either if you end retiring a crippled old man, bitter over the pettiness of humanity. Sure, good pay, great benefits, but still not worth it.

I'm still part timing at Gabes as well. We had fun this morning, Micheal, who I call Tweety, got asked by Victoria how old he thought she was. LOL He tried 40, to his credit. I chuckled, "Nah, you aim for 20 something, you silly fool." She gave him a look and busted out laughing. Four of us stood there and cut up over it, two managers and two maintenance/custodial people.

We all still got the work done, we were all still professional. We all had a bit of fun though and felt human, valued, respected. There isn't that for me in the schools. MOTVA seems a good crew of folks, and will likely afford as close a pay scale as the schools. Bonus they use BC&BS for insurance from what I am led to believe.

We'll see where life rambles. I've rambled enough to be talked out for now. Keeping busy, y'all run 'er slow.
Thanks for dropping by with an update, I've been worried about you since you last stopped in.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for dropping by with an update, I've been worried about you since you last stopped in.

Yeah, had sciatic back pain for about two and half weeks. Went to see a chiropractor who obviously knew what she was doing. Told me she didn't need an x-ray to know I had a swollen disc.

"Popped" open two vertebrae that were pinching the disc. I could tell instantly the pain would stop. It did, nearly on the spot. She aligned my neck as well and did a few more pops near my shoulders.

Feeling a great deal better physically, still I'm also realizing that "gee, I'm an old man, now, gotta slow way down." As far as mentally, emotionally, I'm okay and not dwelling on the negatives. As the axiom goes, ... "one day, one step at a time."

Mammy keeps knocking me out as a reminder who is now Boss. *grin*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Take 'er slow yourself my friend.
Roger, Wilco.

Seems to be sorting. Did something interesting Saturday morning. A lady customer at Gabe's came out of the restroom.

"M'am, was our restroom sufficiently clean for you," I asked.

She turned to me with a big smile, thumbs up, "Yes sir, it was very clean, thank you."

Told her I appreciated the consumer feedback, good or bad, and thanked her. Saw Tweety, told him customers gave us compliments on how clean our restrooms were. He got a smile from it.

Little things add up to bigger things. :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spring Ahead and Fall back so which one was first? That would be regular time. If we went back then now would be it but if it went ahead first then yesterday was Normal Time. Now I m confused????
Me too that's why they need to leave it one way or the other, I don't care which cause I am retired :giggle: just leave one way all year

VU Sponsors