Become a Patron!

Vg intollerant?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone had to take a break from vaping to recover?

Hobart, Tasmania

I strongly don't recommend it. I took a 4 day break from vaping after my appendectomy, because i was simply too sick to eat, drink more than a few sips of pepsi, or vape. When i was finally interested in vaping again after that, IT TASTED LIKE TOTAL SHIT. I started back smoking, because EVERYTHING tasted like shit, after that. Sure, so did smoking, along with everything else that passed my lips, but at least the smoking cured the godawful cravings. I'd been smoke-free for 3.5 months, and it then took me another month to work up the necessary nerve to lay the smokes down again.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't taken a break from vaping, since I started. I just adjusted the ratio of my juice, once I nailed down which one was causing the issue. For me, it was VG.

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried vaping hangsen usa tobacco today mixed at 5% 50/50 @ 12mg nic. I felt my windpipe closes up a bit and my throat was raspy.

Just now I have tried vaping pure vg and will try pure pg tomorrow to see the effects. I will then try pg and vg on there on with about 6% nic, then try flavoured.

Vg is cancelled out as an issue, now to cancel out flavourings and nic.

Hobart, Tasmania

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone had any sensitivities to tobacco flavourings or certain types of nic (brands and pg/vg)?

Hobart, Tasmania

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried vaping hangsen usa tobacco today mixed at 5% 50/50 @ 12mg nic. I felt my windpipe closes up a bit and my throat was raspy.

Just now I have tried vaping pure vg and will try pure pg tomorrow to see the effects. I will then try pg and vg on there on with about 6% nic, then try flavoured.

Vg is cancelled out as an issue, now to cancel out flavourings and nic.

Hobart, Tasmania
What device are you vaping with. Unless it is MTL your nic is high for the majority of us.

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was using mtl but usually use a dripper at 3% max vg. I tried some max vg mtl at 3% this morning which seemed alright but the flavour is minimal but will try it in the dripper once I see the doc again anout the sore throat.

Thanks for the input. Can anyone recommend any good vg nic and flavourings?

My theory is that I was irritating my throat from too much heat chasing the clouds with the rda, so instead maybe I could mix 100% vg at about 2% using temp control and and still get some decent vapor production.

I can't recommend enough taking a break then vaping vg and pg separately without nic, then flavoured without nic before moving onto nic at different levels. Remember that nic as an irritant as much as pg or vg if not more.

Thanks for everybody's input, I was on the verge of becoming a vaping drop out.

Hobart, Tasmania

VU Sponsors