Become a Patron!

We love DOGS too...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of dog and text that says 'Do you think dogs should be allowed in hospitals?'

My vote is YES, they can give a therapy of the heart that no hospital can

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This Just Isn't Right :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Watson the corgi was debarked 4 years ago, after his previous owners were forced into getting the procedure done because of regulations in their apartment complex. It is legal in almost every state for real estate developers to require debarking, an invasive and irreversible procedure that can cause medical problems for the dog for the rest of their life. Petition starter Teresa is fighting to make debarking illegal, so dogs like Watson aren’t forced to undergo traumatizing and unnecessary medical procedures. Join her by signing the petition now.​
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
10,915 have signed Teresa Jack’s petition. Let’s get to 15,000!​
mail
mail
mail
My name is Teresa Jack and this is my Corgi, Watson. He was rehomed to us 4 years ago, but only after his former family made a critical decision that changed his life forever. Watson was De-Barked. Devocalization is a medical procedure done to dogs under general anesthesia that removes a part of their vocal chord to silence the animal. It is irreversible and illegal in 4 states.

Watson was De-Barked due to housing regulations at the apartment complex his former family lived in.

It is currently legal in 48 states for Real Estate Developers to REQUIRE this surgery for a dog to reside there. Our housing shortage weaponizes poor people’s necessity for shelter against our animals.

I have lived with a De-barked dog for almost 5 years and I have seen the impact it has had on his quality of life. Debarking is a medical procedure that is never in the best interest of the dog. Not only has my dog been sick with respiratory and airway issues from the procedure, but he has not been able to use his voice to ward off predators, or individuals he feels threatened by. This means that without his voice, Watson has resorted to the only other method he has to protect himself, his teeth. Watson bites. According to his previous owners, Watson never showed aggression towards any person before the procedure. He bites because it is the only way he can defend himself. Not having a voice is dangerous for him and the community.

Debarking dogs fills the community with frustrated dogs who bite because they cannot growl.
  • We seek to make it illegal for any housing developer to require or suggest de-barking an animal as a prerequisite to their living on the property.
  • We seek to make it illegal to De-vocalize domestic animals including dogs, cats, and birds.
  • We seek to punish breeders who include de-vocalization in the cost of selling a puppy.
Watson was stripped of his voice, and now I have the responsibility to speak for him.

Please sign our petition to ask members of our state senate and congress to BAN DEBARKING IN DOGS.

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION IF YOU WANT DEBARKING ANIMALS TO BE ILLEGAL.
mail
mail

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

Watson the corgi was debarked 4 years ago, after his previous owners were forced into getting the procedure done because of regulations in their apartment complex. It is legal in almost every state for real estate developers to require debarking, an invasive and irreversible procedure that can cause medical problems for the dog for the rest of their life. Petition starter Teresa is fighting to make debarking illegal, so dogs like Watson aren’t forced to undergo traumatizing and unnecessary medical procedures. Join her by signing the petition now.​
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

mail
My name is Teresa Jack and this is my Corgi, Watson. He was rehomed to us 4 years ago, but only after his former family made a critical decision that changed his life forever. Watson was De-Barked. Devocalization is a medical procedure done to dogs under general anesthesia that removes a part of their vocal chord to silence the animal. It is irreversible and illegal in 4 states.

Watson was De-Barked due to housing regulations at the apartment complex his former family lived in.

It is currently legal in 48 states for Real Estate Developers to REQUIRE this surgery for a dog to reside there. Our housing shortage weaponizes poor people’s necessity for shelter against our animals.

I have lived with a De-barked dog for almost 5 years and I have seen the impact it has had on his quality of life. Debarking is a medical procedure that is never in the best interest of the dog. Not only has my dog been sick with respiratory and airway issues from the procedure, but he has not been able to use his voice to ward off predators, or individuals he feels threatened by. This means that without his voice, Watson has resorted to the only other method he has to protect himself, his teeth. Watson bites. According to his previous owners, Watson never showed aggression towards any person before the procedure. He bites because it is the only way he can defend himself. Not having a voice is dangerous for him and the community.

Debarking dogs fills the community with frustrated dogs who bite because they cannot growl.​
  • We seek to make it illegal for any housing developer to require or suggest de-barking an animal as a prerequisite to their living on the property.
  • We seek to make it illegal to De-vocalize domestic animals including dogs, cats, and birds.
  • We seek to punish breeders who include de-vocalization in the cost of selling a puppy.

Watson was stripped of his voice, and now I have the responsibility to speak for him.

Please sign our petition to ask members of our state senate and congress to BAN DEBARKING IN DOGS.

mail

mail
what comes out of a dogs mouth is truth. what comes out of a dogs butt is still better than a politician.
dogs do not lie nor steal, a politician does 30 seconds after waking up.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

mail

Debarking dogs fills the community with frustrated dogs who bite because they cannot growl.​

mail

mail
everybody please show you love for dogs, the most loyal and trusted friend that you will ever have, hands up for our dependant friends, show a finger (or a butt) for bloody politicians.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i always find it strange that anything/anyone who do not have the means or the money to defend themselves, are the ones who are constantly attacked, i wonder if a dog could vote by using their paw prints then how would they be thought of? if a homeless person could pay for a lawyer. how would they be treated? do they own a dog? or a farm with noisy animals? do they watch tv with no sound? do they fart?
here is the true definition of a politician as told to me by a homeless guy i met, he said:
"A politician is a person who knows 100 ways to make love, problem is, he knows no women"

we seem to live in a world with no soul. me/you have all stolen something in our lives, we have all broken laws by speeding etc, we have all told a lie, we have all left a skid mark. please please use common sense we created this world, we chose to live as we do, we all want things to be as we want them to be. let get real, we are all basically selfish, self righteous, and not really what we say we are, but before the plastics start..i believe we all have moments where we can help people we can understand that just perhaps their views that are different to ours could be right,
But we are smart enough to know there is only so much we can do, only so much that is possible, can a politician look in the mirror and believe what he is saying? do they have a shadow on a sunny day?
i feel insulted by one old saying, and that is "people get the government that they deserve"
i do not like being called stupid, do you?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
6 keys to a healthy, long life for pets
While Americans spend around $100 billion on their pets each year, few pet owners know what it takes to give their pets the healthcare they need to live long, healthy lives.​

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
6 keys to a healthy, long life for pets
While Americans spend around $100 billion on their pets each year, few pet owners know what it takes to give their pets the healthcare they need to live long, healthy lives.​
thats very true jimmi, they smile ,as we do when we get a hug. the only difference is that you know the hug from your dog is real. dogs are a couple of steps up from humans in that there are no pretend hugs or hugs that you get for an alternative reason. its just pure undiluted love.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

mail

mail

mail

Signed and Shared to Facebook so it will get a bunch more signatures.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I wish I could have another Fur Baby but 1st reason I can't is because it broke my heart losing my last little buddy and I won't go thru that again. Second reason is I don't have the time to take care of it like you must do. But I enjoy making little friends with all the people who walk them past here or bring them into the Schoolyard behind my house.

My favorites are the Rescues~!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I want one of these shirts

May be an image of dog and text that says 'DOGS MAKE ME HAPPY HUMANS MAKE MY HEAD HURT''DOGS MAKE ME HAPPY HUMANS MAKE MY HEAD HURT'

Yeah, I need one also @Jimi~! Today I called Corporate on a shithead who works in Produce at King Kullen after I reported him to the MOD. I mentioned all the nice people in the store but this guy next time will be being recorded so I can call the DM with his Direct Number. Takes a real asshole to get me pissed but now I am so peeved I am going to get him fired. Not the first time but this is the LAST~!

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Lmfaooooo
did u hear about the politician that got caught stealing puppies from amish farmers...

Lol, thats the end, thats not a segway to a joke, tff

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I wish I could have another Fur Baby but 1st reason I can't is because it broke my heart losing my last little buddy and I won't go thru that again. Second reason is I don't have the time to take care of it like you must do. But I enjoy making little friends with all the people who walk them past here or bring them into the Schoolyard behind my house.

My favorites are the Rescues~!
good man.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i think with all the rapists murders etc being a hangman is a job i could do, being a vet putting down a dog is something that would be impossible for me, no matter what i got paid.

When I was in high school, my plan was to become a vet because I loved animals so much, but that thought right there is the one that stopped me. Maybe I could do it if one was really suffering and in pain, but even that would be hard. I could doctor them and fix them up, but not kill them.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I was in high school, my plan was to become a vet because I loved animals so much, but that thought right there is the one that stopped me. Maybe I could do it if one was really suffering and in pain, but even that would be hard. I could doctor them and fix them up, but not kill them.
You woulda been a wonderful vet @Lannie. Now a days there is so many vets that could care less they are just in it for the money. A true vet does it for the love and care of animals and from all I have seen you fit the bill perfectly ;)

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
now my bloody health is f!!ked!!! last week i paid $45k getting the drive in my new house, it was love, today sunday 27th feb..the bloody interior builders came in...i went out..got back..2 40 LITRE TUBS OF F!!KING PAINT BURST OPEN ON MY BLOODY DRIVE!!!!!! JIMI YOUR GOAT IS ABOUT TO GREET THE BUILDERS!!!

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

mail

mail

mail
my heart goes out to you. if someone should we say, had a good talking to, i would pay the drink bill. more sense comes out of a dogs mouth than does come out of 100 politicians
give an Australian pat to Watson for me..

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You woulda been a wonderful vet @Lannie. Now a days there is so many vets that could care less they are just in it for the money. A true vet does it for the love and care of animals and from all I have seen you fit the bill perfectly ;)

Well, as it turns out, because of a lack of "real" vets, I have had to become a vet. I just don't have the certificate. I went to the Veterinary School of Hard Knocks to learn my trade, and I have learned it pretty well, I think. I've done some things to save a life that would curl your hair, but they had to be done, so I had to do it. Some things were very hard, physically, and I'm thankful that I had the muscle to do it.

I have stabbed my beloved cow with a steak knife to release the life threatening bloat that had her only minutes from death, I've sat here at my kitchen table with my finger up the south end of a chicken to push a prolapsed vent back in, and keep it in, and I've had most of my right arm up the back end of another cow for the same reason - pushing a prolapse back in. Oy. THAT was hard. She was pushing back, LOL! I've brought sick calves back from the brink of death, I got a 5-week premature calf on his feet and back to his mother after a week of intensive care on my kitchen floor (and lots of physical therapy by Rich), I was able to graft a 2-day-old calf onto my other cow when her mother died of a stomach twist (I couldn't do anything about that, unfortunately), and there were several chickens that stayed in the Love Acres Hotel (which is a dog crate in my living room) when they were sick. They recovered and went back out to live with the flock again. And the list of dogs and cats that I've treated for various injuries and ailments with herbs or homeopathic remedies is too long to even remember. And sometimes "real" meds, like vaccine or antibiotic shots when necessary.

When I was a city girl, I never imagined I would do things like this, but when it's necessary, and there's no one else to do it, you just have to hitch up your Big Girl Panties and get on with it. (By the way, after the cow-stabbing episode, I received the rank of BAFG from my fellow milk cow cohorts, which stands for Bad Ass Farm Girl. The cow survived, by the way.)

I wish I could say I've never lost one, but I have. And if I hadn't done any of those nasty things I referred to up there, I would have lost a lot more. All in all, I think I've done pretty well, considering I never went to vet school. :)

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
eat him boy!
You would've liked Trigger (black one)
0be79561318a28224b4e53a55d88c786.jpg

When bro would bring him here to run around, on three occasions, he chased down three cats. Two of them my Guy had to shoot them, but the third one I had to do it. I hated having to kill the cat ! Killing any animal stinks, even for food. Looking into the eyes of an animal than shooting it, well, it sucks !!!

WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
My dogs being aggresively friendly with a recent house guest.

My older dog, Stella, had a recent stroke. But a $1000 trip to the emergency vet told us next to nothing. It was frustrating, and I was left Googling how to help my baby recover naturally.

I realized knew little about holistic pet care, so I wanted to share this upcoming practitioner training with you.

It's called "Unlock the Secrets of Functional Medicine For Pets And Discover Why Conventional Approaches Are Falling Short" and it's happening on Saturday, March 4, 2023, at 8:30 am PST / 11:30 am EST.
This lecture is going to be led by Dr. Ruth Roberts, a highly respected veterinarian and 'The Original Pet Health Coach.'

She'll be diving into the concepts of functional medicine and showing you how to apply them to dogs and cats.
To register, simply click on the link below!

XO, Bridgit​

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
mail
My dogs being aggresively friendly with a recent house guest.

My older dog, Stella, had a recent stroke. But a $1000 trip to the emergency vet told us next to nothing. It was frustrating, and I was left Googling how to help my baby recover naturally.

I realized knew little about holistic pet care, so I wanted to share this upcoming practitioner training with you.

It's called "Unlock the Secrets of Functional Medicine For Pets And Discover Why Conventional Approaches Are Falling Short" and it's happening on Saturday, March 4, 2023, at 8:30 am PST / 11:30 am EST.
This lecture is going to be led by Dr. Ruth Roberts, a highly respected veterinarian and 'The Original Pet Health Coach.'

She'll be diving into the concepts of functional medicine and showing you how to apply them to dogs and cats.
To register, simply click on the link below!

XO, Bridgit​
err jimmi, your dogs look cute but your guest looks cutt,,,,,,,,,,, no no i stop.

VU Sponsors