Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I have a quandary. Does anyone know where I might find some skins/wraqps for a Sigelei Minibook? I've looked at Mightyskinz, I've looked at Jwraps, and nobody seems to offer skins for Minibooks. AARGHHH! I just ordered 2 white Minibooks from Blackoutvapors, because they seem to be the only place that has them, and they had them for $24.99, and with all this recent bullshit about GA maybe enacting a ban on online sales of vape products, I figured i'd better get 'em while I can. But I really want to wrap them! But I can't find any wraps for them! AAARGHHHH!!!

I looked one place, they offered wraps for something called a "Sigelei 75w" and it looked VERY much like the Minibook... but then I thought about the Minibook's very unique battery door, and thought that might pose a problem. Any suggestions, anyone???

Help!
Andria

The Sig 75 is nothing like the Mini Book IRL. It has panels on both sides that completely detach, plus it's just a larger mod overall. You probably could make it work, but you'd have to get mighty creative and steady-handed. I wouldn't attempt it for myself.

Hopefully you found something you like on Amazon.

I still haven't found a skin for my Luna. Guess I can understand that most people wouldn't put a skin over stabwood, but I definitely would use one on the white mosaic design, if I could find one.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still haven't found a skin for my Luna. Guess I can understand that most people wouldn't put a skin over stabwood, but I definitely would use one on the white mosaic design, if I could find one.
Contact paper? A request to Jwraps? They used to do that, haven't ordered there in forever.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and Liion also has some matchy matchy brown wraps cheap. ordered 20 of them.

Although in 5 years I have only wrapped 3-4 cells. None since I binned that el cheapo owl squonker. At least that is what I think it was called.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Huck to the rescue!

No kidding!!! Thx @Huckleberried !!!

Found this one, which totally fits into my recent obsession with all things gray --
grayladywrap.jpg
...with which I could use either one of my black w/white swirls Mings, or just a plain white Ming.

But when I ordered my orange Michelle from AHD, I discovered that she's having a sweet giveaway, offering me a choice of either blue or gold sparkles, and I opted for blue, since the gold probably wouldn't look great with my titanium Achilles. but I'm having a hard time choosing a blue-themed wrap that would match the hue of the blue sparkles; cookie monster comes closest I think... or maybe the white with a rainbow that says "support LGBT", and that would be great, to support my son... and since the base color is white, it would fit the white minibook really well without the edges looking odd. So I'll probably go with that one. I had wanted something that looked denim, but had no idea that the "big wrap guys" had totally discontinued supporting REAL mods in favor of this recent Juul obsession. :facepalm: coughcoughIdiots.

Really, @Huckleberried -- thx a ton!!!! That's a goldmine! I did check amazon last night. but wasn't finding much, so however you found those, KUDOS!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh and Liion also has some matchy matchy brown wraps cheap. ordered 20 of them.

Although in 5 years I have only wrapped 3-4 cells. None since I binned that el cheapo owl squonker. At least that is what I think it was called.

I have to wrap batts fairly often, because the minibook is a really tight fit, and if I'm not REALLY careful, I can ding the wraps really easily, just inserting the battery -- though someone here gave me a fantastic tip when I first got my first minibook, about loosening or removing the atty, to allow the 510 pin a little wiggle room when you insert the battery, and that usually works well. But one of my old iPV Minis is still functional, and has a really sharp edge inside the battery channel, and it ALWAYS scratches the wrap when the battery is inserted OR removed. Hence I don't use that iPV much anymore, though it's one with a wrap I LOVE -- the abalone on the black iPV Mini.

To quote Ms Rosannadanna, "it's always SOMETHING." :teehee:

Andria

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered batteries. Charged batteries. Tried a few single flavors. Mixed a blueberry custard with the relatively new TFA Vanilla Custard II. Almost pulled the trigger on a flavor order......gotta do one more sweep......lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No kidding!!! Thx @Huckleberried !!!

Found this one, which totally fits into my recent obsession with all things gray --
View attachment 156069
...with which I could use either one of my black w/white swirls Mings, or just a plain white Ming.

But when I ordered my orange Michelle from AHD, I discovered that she's having a sweet giveaway, offering me a choice of either blue or gold sparkles, and I opted for blue, since the gold probably wouldn't look great with my titanium Achilles. but I'm having a hard time choosing a blue-themed wrap that would match the hue of the blue sparkles; cookie monster comes closest I think... or maybe the white with a rainbow that says "support LGBT", and that would be great, to support my son... and since the base color is white, it would fit the white minibook really well without the edges looking odd. So I'll probably go with that one. I had wanted something that looked denim, but had no idea that the "big wrap guys" had totally discontinued supporting REAL mods in favor of this recent Juul obsession. :facepalm: coughcoughIdiots.

Really, @Huckleberried -- thx a ton!!!! That's a goldmine! I did check amazon last night. but wasn't finding much, so however you found those, KUDOS!!!

Andria

That’s so cool that you support your son like that. Good for you.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to wrap batts fairly often, because the minibook is a really tight fit, and if I'm not REALLY careful, I can ding the wraps really easily, just inserting the battery -- though someone here gave me a fantastic tip when I first got my first minibook, about loosening or removing the atty, to allow the 510 pin a little wiggle room when you insert the battery, and that usually works well. But one of my old iPV Minis is still functional, and has a really sharp edge inside the battery channel, and it ALWAYS scratches the wrap when the battery is inserted OR removed. Hence I don't use that iPV much anymore, though it's one with a wrap I LOVE -- the abalone on the black iPV Mini.

To quote Ms Rosannadanna, "it's always SOMETHING." :teehee:

Andria

I’ll have to try that with some MXJO 21700’s that won’t fit my Cut squonk. But I had a Recurve on it while trying.

But I think it just might be those cells. Possibly rewrapped too much or something. But they’re brandy new.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s so cool that you support your son like that. Good for you.

Well, he's my baby, even if he IS almost 32. :teehee: I doubt any parent really wants the deets on their childrens' sex lives, anymore than kids want the deets on their parents'... but whatever floats his boat and makes him happy, how could I NOT support that??? Since I want him to be happy, I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to make him UNhappy... which is exactly what judgmental, control-freak parents are doing. Parents who think they have the right to tell their kids how to be, usually lose even those kids' interaction, and that is justified. I love my son, I LIKE my son, and I respect my son enough to figure that he knows his own inclinations. :)

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, he's my baby, even if he IS almost 32. :teehee: I doubt any parent really wants the deets on their childrens' sex lives, anymore than kids want the deets on their parents'... but whatever floats his boat and makes him happy, how could I NOT support that??? Since I want him to be happy, I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to make him UNhappy... which is exactly what judgmental, control-freak parents are doing. Parents who think they have the right to tell their kids how to be, usually lose even those kids' interaction, and that is justified. I love my son, I LIKE my son, and I respect my son enough to figure that he knows his own inclinations. :)

Andria

My brother in law’s sister is gay, but the family acts like they have no idea. She’s never had a boyfriend!! Thankfully my sister and her hubs don’t care, so she’s got someone on her side. Her parents are crazy religious, so they think it’s against God or something. :smh:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My brother in law’s sister is gay, but the family acts like they have no idea. She’s never had a boyfriend!! Thankfully my sister and her hubs don’t care, so she’s got someone on her side. Her parents are crazy religious, so they think it’s against God or something. :smh:

My parents were like that too, about my son. My mom is gone now, and my stepfather is far too big a prude to discuss ANYTHING sexual. He does like to force his religion on us from time to time, but we put him in his place right quick about that shit.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Today, I mixed for the first time ever!
Made a little berry medley with menthol based on one of wildgypsy70's recipes that she's been making for me.
Turned out good, I think, for a first time attempt.

Good for you!! Gypsy is a great mixer, so you picked a great recipe. If you vape it and you like it, it’s good juice. You’re the only one who’s going to think it’s good or not.

Really happy for you, Chain. And right in time before Deeming.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Transferred some nicotine to 30ml glass bottles. Re wicked my entheon for work tomorrow. Charging batteries now. Still have about 6-8 attires to clean and pack up for later use. Just not feeling that one tonight.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Built the RTA for a new Fireluke tank, filled with another of those mixes that I forgot about (Black Forest Cake, needs work but it's ok), tried out a TFV16 that came in today's vape mail, put batts in a GV Blade and put this Fireluke on it. Messed and messed with the airflow on two tanks, trying to get them not to whistle!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you!! Gypsy is a great mixer, so you picked a great recipe. If you vape it and you like it, it’s good juice. You’re the only one who’s going to think it’s good or not.

Really happy for you, Chain. And right in time before Deeming.
Yes, she's a fantastic mixer. She was kind enough to share the recipes for my favorites that she made me, so now I can make them myself.
I gotta say, vaping this first bottle that I made, is very satisfying! Like, I made that, and it cost me very little compared to buying commercial juice.
And after a few hours with this first mix, I'm really digging it. Nice iced berry medley.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, she's a fantastic mixer. She was kind enough to share the recipes for my favorites that she made me, so now I can make them myself.
I gotta say, vaping this first bottle that I made, is very satisfying! Like, I made that, and it cost me very little compared to buying commercial juice.
And after a few hours with this first mix, I'm really digging it. Nice iced berry medley.
Told ya it was easy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone heard, is MyVaporStore going out of business? They seem to be out of stock on damn near anything worth buying, all they have much of is all that pod bullshit. *sigh*

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

That’s a great feeling for me, as well. I’m sorry that I bought so much juice during bans trying to stock up. I like my mixes better than store juice. What a relief to know you can make your own and that it really does taste good!!

I bought two 500ml of 3mg nic base to mix with for less than $20. I mix using 50ml bottles, so that’s 20 bottles of juice at $1 each plus flavors. Wow!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Has anyone heard, is MyVaporStore going out of business? They seem to be out of stock on damn near anything worth buying, all they have much of is all that pod bullshit. *sigh*

Andria

I haven’t heard, but I noticed their stock is really low. There was supposed to be a NYC ban, and who knows maybe there still might be.
It’s odd because judging by their address, they’re only a few towns away from me. They used to be a great store, I bought some of my first mods there!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t heard, but I noticed their stock is really low. There was supposed to be a NYC ban, and who knows maybe there still might be.
It’s odd because judging by their address, they’re only a few towns away from me. They used to be a great store, I bought some of my first mods there!

I've bought a lot there, thru the years, and I've never seen their stock so low. Dammit.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stock is low pretty much everywhere right now due to CNY and Corona virus complications in China and vendors letting their stock dwindle for May 12.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ordered 8 oz of vanilla whipped cream. Will now have juice ingredients for at least 3 years with the flavorings and such that I have.
Actually I will not need to buy anything vape wise for around 3 years.

Did you manage to nab it on sale at all?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stock is low pretty much everywhere right now due to CNY and Corona virus complications in China and vendors letting their stock dwindle for May 12.

I guess I should be grateful for the orange Solo, which I just bought another for my son, and that i was able to find ANY Minibooks whatever, especially those white ones that I love so passionately. I know you're a white mod man yourself. :D My son and I both want an Aegis Mini, a 2nd for him and 1st for me, but I dunno if they're findable.

Everyone always said to prep for vapocalypse, and though I never really believed it would happen, I'm really glad that I did, because apparently it's here, or about to be. Fuckheads.

What's May 12?

Andria

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My aromamizer plus came in today so I threw a quick, rather large .29 ohm 4mm 24g nichrome build in it after work. It seems to be wicking well and hits like I remember. I still think it's one of the best tanks to ever come out.

That being said, I had my first oops moment since getting back into building. I forgot I always built, wicked, cut off the juice flow, filled, flipped it upside down, opened the juice flow, and flipped it right side up to create a vacuum for the juice. I did everything except flip it upside down before openining the juice flow so when I filled it and opened the juice flow, it peed all over my desk. Lol Oh well, it's vaping great now at 50w and hasn't leaked a drop since. Looks pretty snazzy on the aegis legend too, imo.

I'm having to make due with the 10ml glass at the moment which I do not care for looks wise, but I have 3 glass kits coming from FT with the 5ml drop glass included which is my preferred setup. They should be here next week at some point as they are ready to fly over (float over? Idk this time) from China right now along with my preferred drip tips as I've never been a fan of basically any stock drip tip that's come with an 810 atty.

All in all, I'm glad I picked another one up. I wish I could find the old one so I could've saved $25 but it was worth it. Good times. :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My aromamizer plus came in today so I threw a quick, rather large .29 ohm 4mm 24g nichrome build in it after work. It seems to be wicking well and hits like I remember. I still think it's one of the best tanks to ever come out.

That being said, I had my first oops moment since getting back into building. I forgot I always built, wicked, cut off the juice flow, filled, flipped it upside down, opened the juice flow, and flipped it right side up to create a vacuum for the juice. I did everything except flip it upside down before openining the juice flow so when I filled it and opened the juice flow, it peed all over my desk. Lol Oh well, it's vaping great now at 50w and hasn't leaked a drop since. Looks pretty snazzy on the aegis legend too, imo.

I'm having to make due with the 10ml glass at the moment which I do not care for looks wise, but I have 3 glass kits coming from FT with the 5ml drop glass included which is my preferred setup. They should be here next week at some point as they are ready to fly over (float over? Idk this time) from China right now along with my preferred drip tips as I've never been a fan of basically any stock drip tip that's come with an 810 atty.

All in all, I'm glad I picked another one up. I wish I could find the old one so I could've saved $25 but it was worth it. Good times. :)

Sometimes they'll leak the first time you fill 'em after you've put new wicks in, but after that, after cotton has had time to fatten up, they're ok until next wicking time. My Zeus X was like that.

Others, you have to do the flip-on-its-head thing every time. Have some like that, too.

Sounds like for the most part, you're settling right back into a good routine!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I flip my Subtank minis upside down, remove base, fill replace base, and vape. Why a topfill if you have to flip em anyway?
And using the RBA unless you really mess up the wicking they never leak or dribble.
Just last week I cleaned up some that had been sitting the stand with juice in em for at least 6 months, nary a dribble.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Someone in another thread mentioned their SC atty being fiddly to wick. Maybe you could help them out. I don’t build or use rebuildables yet. Thanks!

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I flip my Subtank minis upside down, remove base, fill replace base, and vape. Why a topfill if you have to flip em anyway?
And using the RBA unless you really mess up the wicking they never leak or dribble.
Just last week I cleaned up some that had been sitting the stand with juice in em for at least 6 months, nary a dribble.
Honestly, it was a habit from my early rebuildable days. Always flip and leave an air bubble. It always worked so I kept doing it even when juice flow control became a thing. Lol

Edit: As a side note, I took it with us tonight to go eat with the in-laws for my MIL's birthday. It stayed in the car for a couple of hours sitting idle and not a drop of leakage. All good! haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I have gotten into the habit of doing that with all my tanks from way back when. The other thing I do is I have one of those blunt syringes and I fill my Tanks from the bottom if I can. That works also. Have you seen the new Plus V2 that is getting ready to hit the shelves? I kid you not, the flavor is better and richer that the original Plus The JFC ring is now above the AFC ring. Like it is on the Supreme. Yes, shameless plugging here. But it truly is a brilliant tank. Didn't think it could be designed any better than the first one, but it is!

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have gotten into the habit of doing that with all my tanks from way back when. The other thing I do is I have one of those blunt syringes and I fill my Tanks from the bottom if I can. That works also. Have you seen the new Plus V2 that is getting ready to hit the shelves? I kid you not, the flavor is better and richer that the original Plus The JFC ring is now above the AFC ring. Like it is on the Supreme. Yes, shameless plugging here. But it truly is a brilliant tank. Didn't think it could be designed any better than the first one, but it is!
I did indeed see your thread. After spending a couple hundred trying to restock things, I'll have to wait awhile and will have to miss the launch, unfortunately. I do like the looks of it with the extra metal. I don't doubt it being awesome!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did indeed see your thread. After spending a couple hundred trying to restock things, I'll have to wait awhile and will have to miss the launch, unfortunately. I do like the looks of it with the extra metal. I don't doubt it being awesome!

Well, I am sure they will be around for awhile. :)

VU Sponsors