Become a Patron!

What do I need to begin DIY? Simple guide with links!

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Overall I'd like to keep most if not all of my purchases from the same place.

Is there any quality grades or something I should be looking for other then just purchasing PG/VG off the internet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm so sorry..my apologies here...i.had no idea a direct supply vendor ran this forum.. I'd never look to cut someone's throat. . Very sorry Yimmie is it ? I'll remove my questions...

Galaxy5s

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so sorry..my apologies here...i.had no idea a direct supply vendor ran this forum.. I'd never look to cut someone's throat. . Very sorry Yimmie is it ? I'll remove my questions...

Galaxy5s

What? This is not the case! I don't know what questions you asked, but I can't see why you removed them?

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SIMPLE GUIDE FOR WHAT YOU NEED AND WHERE TO BEGIN...in DIY

There are way too many opinions on this, but it's really easy and inexpensive to begin.

SUGGESTIONS
  • Don't buy a laboratory worth of supplies.
  • Everyone will offer suggestions, but start with the necessities.
  • Mix a few dozen mls, then decide what will make the process easier/quicker.
  • Don't let other people's praises convince you that you need what they need.
  • Free Shipping at a certain price point / discounts / sales mean nothing if you don't like/use it.
  • DIY KITS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU RECEIVE. They're tempting because they're easy, but they often contain supplies you'll never use or quantities that don't fit your needs.
THE ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES
  • Nicotine
  • PG and/or VG (USP Grade)
  • Flavor Concentrates
  • Bottles
  • Syringes/Needles OR Scale (accuracy of 0.01 grams)

* A box of gloves and eye protection is great for higher concentrations of nic.
*Some people use cylinders/flasks to mix, but it's just as easy to mix right into the bottle. If you're worried about spilling, many places sell small funnels.

_________________________________________________________________________________

PRICES - As of 3/7/15

Bull City Vapor - free shipping @ $75

120 ml Nicotine 24mg: $7.74 (Vaperstek Nicotine)
120 ml PG and VG each: $2.50
Concentrated Flavorings: CAP, FA, FW, HAN, INW, & TFA
Needles/syringes/glass and plastic bottles

ecigExpress - free shipping @ $59.99

115 ml Nicotine: 24mg $8.99
120 ml PG and VG each: $5.99
Concentrated Flavorings: CAP, FA, FE, FW, HS, INW, JF, LA, NF, & Sig

Wizard Labs - free shipping @ $65

120 ml Nicotine 24mg: $7.49
120 ml PG and VG each: $3.19
Concentrated Flavorings: CAP, LA, LAN, SM, & TPA

Vapers Tek - free shipping @ $75

120 ml Nicotine 100mg: $20.00
120 ml PG and VG each: $3.75
Concentrated Flavorings: German Flavors, INW, TPA

One Stop DIY Shop - free shipping @ $75

60 ml Nicotine 36mg: $8.50
120 ml PG and VG each: $4.50
Concentrated Flavorings: OSF, OSB, TFA, CAP, DKS, HC, LA, FW, SM, & FA

More comprehensive lists:

Flavor Concentrates HERE
Bottles, flasks, syringes, bulk, etc HERE
Flavor Suppliers Abbreviated List
HERE

Please comment below or message me if you have any questions.

Feel free to post this information elsewhere, but please link back here. Thank you!
Thanks so much for the info here. I think your suggestions are just what i needed to hear.

MarshmallowScotty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heads up, Amazon has amber dropper bottles (they are 30ml but in use they're about 25ml) pretty darn cheap. But if you tighten them too tight the caps will crack on you. I have a dozen and love 'em, just gotta be careful with the caps.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which of these is going to have the cleanest nic & bases? If anyone knows.

Edit: also if anyone could link me to conentrated flavorings free of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, acetonin, etc..

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll get LOTS of opinions. I personally like Vaperstek.
That's two for them just in this post. I'll pay a couple extra bucks for quality assurance.

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaperstek for nic, and Bull City Vapor for Flavor Art flavorings :)
Thank you, Amanda. Just a quick question to make sure I'm understanding the gist of this. I posted this in another thread, but figure this is the better place to ask it. I know a little about calculators, recipes and all, but if I had 120ml of 100mg in a VG base, I would fill 1ml of that base, (to get 3mg in a 30ml bottle) then proportion the rest with my other bottles of VG & PG bases? And add the flavoring then? And can I somehow create my own mix of concentrated flavorings so I can just add that concentrate when I'm done mixing the bases?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, Amanda. Just a quick question to make sure I'm understanding the gist of this. I posted this in another thread, but figure this is the better place to ask it. I know a little about calculators, recipes and all, but if I had 120ml of 100mg in a VG base, I would fill 1ml of that base, (to get 3mg in a 30ml bottle) then proportion the rest with my other bottles of VG & PG bases? And add the flavoring then? And can I somehow create my own mix of concentrated flavorings so I can just add that concentrate when I'm done mixing the bases?

More or less! You would actually use 0.9ml of 100mg/ml to get 3mg/ml in 30 mls!

Much easiest (and safer) to use a juice calculator, such as ejuicemeup (there are many others are well)!

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More or less! You would actually use 0.9ml of 100mg/ml to get 3mg/ml in 30 mls!

Much easiest (and safer) to use a juice calculator, such as ejuicemeup (there are many others are well)!
You have been a life saver. Can't wait to start this, put it off way too long.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm usually only doing 3 mg nic. I can't tell a difference. On a more serious problem. What the hell is up with the Don't vape naked banner at the top of VU. That takes a lot of the fun out of it. Don't vape naked in public, would be much more fitting advertisement.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually only doing 3 mg nic. I can't tell a difference. On a more serious problem. What the hell is up with the Don't vape naked banner at the top of VU. That takes a lot of the fun out of it. Don't vape naked in public, would be much more fitting advertisement.
Especially if the mod in question had girly bits...Cheers!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does bottle color matter for how long it will stay good for?
Amber or cobalt blue glass bottles are preferred. However, if you store your juice in a dark place like a cabinet, closet, or drawer you should be good for a while with clear bottles.

MarshmallowScotty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
***Couple of more heads-ups for DIYers starting out (for low budgeters like me) Amazon sells TB syringes in 1ml size- they are marked for hundredths. They are like 100 in a box for $10 or so. Also heads-up GOOGLE is wonderful for quick percentage calculations. I have a couple of different sized bottles that I use for weekly vape- one is 15ml the other is 25ml. Google will tell you how much flavor you need by a simple question on their search engine. "What is 3% of 15ml" easy peasey.

MarshmallowScotty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
15 * 0.03 in windows calculator will tell you that too :p
what's a calculator? lol I'm usually always in google anyhow. I love that they've got math so nicely integrated in their search engine as well as other conversions etc.

MarshmallowScotty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amber or cobalt blue glass bottles are preferred. However, if you store your juice in a dark place like a cabinet, closet, or drawer you should be good for a while with clear bottles.
I kind of make my juices in a rotation so what I need to pull for use has been sitting in my rattle box for at least a week or 2. It gets used, so I don't worry about the bottle color.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does bottle color matter for how long it will stay good for?
If the bottle lives in a dark place like a freezer or a cabinet, color does not matter at all. If you want to store it on a shelf in your kitchen, get amber or cobalt to prevent light from getting to it. Putting it in a closed box also works.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got flavor concentrate from vaporworld.biz $9.99-$13.99 for 120ml of flavoring and I got pre mixed 85vg 15pg at 6mg nic for $29.99 for 480 ml flavorless juice and I must say it was great all of it every one of the five flavors I got are great. It made it so easy having the nic already in the liquid. And it was free shipping over $75 and they have me a free $40 joytech egrip xor spending $75 I think they give one to anyone that orders $75 I thought it was pretty cool to get a bonus vape kit.

Im fairly new to DIY, I only wish I had seen this before I got started. I think Im off to a fairly good start, with at least 2 things that Ive made that I really like. BTW, I have to wholeheartedly agree, HIC has been/is being a tremendous help to me. Thanks for your great pointers as well!
Gotmyvape Vapor is an online store and a unique selection of selling ecig liquid, vape ecig, nicotine liquid, these product are smokeless cigarette vapor.

If you want really clean, non-peppery nic, Most people enjoy Vaperstek.

Hello, Looking at Vaperstek:
1 Liter Throat-Hit Nic (100 mg USP/EP)

They ask is I want VG or PG...Never heard of this related to Nicotine. I prefer 20%Vg / 80% PG Ejuice. What type Nicotine to use?

Long time since I mixed any juice.

Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nic comes in a base of VG or PG. It's totally up to you as to which base you prefer it be in. PG base is thinner, typically easier to work with and easier to shake, which needs doing prior to mixing. Even though you prefer a higher ratio of VG, you can still mix with PG based nic.

Totally up to you, either is acceptable.

BLiZZ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since Regulations vary here in the U.K. I am hoping I won't upset anyone by posting this link here.

I recently started the DIY myself, and went through a couple vendors here before settling on Make My Vape. These guys are great. Hundreds of flavors from Cap, TFA, and others. The nic/pg/vg are all amazing and with the UK Regs you can get nic in 50 or 75 mg in either 50 or 100 ml bottles and you can have it mixed in either PG or VG (I use the 50 in VG) As an added bonus, they have starter kits for really a great price point annndddd free shipping for £20 orders. I order before 2 p.m. and have the order the next day!!

Nothing too fancy or showy. Just great product at amazing prices. They recently also started selling flavor concentrates in 50ml as well as their stock of 10 ml. There is also a rewards program just for making normal purchases. I've currently made about 1500ml of juice with their products and have done so for about 24 cents per 10ml.

Anyway, for my fellow UK peeps, I suggest you check them out. They also have recipes and a mixing calculator that has been more than a blessing for me. Make My Vape

I'll post this in the International section as well. Hopefully it will help someone.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got flavor concentrate from vaporworld.biz $9.99-$13.99 for 120ml of flavoring and I got pre mixed 85vg 15pg at 6mg nic for $29.99 for 480 ml flavorless juice and I must say it was great all of it every one of the five flavors I got are great. It made it so easy having the nic already in the liquid. And it was free shipping over $75 and they have me a free $40 joytech egrip xor spending $75 I think they give one to anyone that orders $75 I thought it was pretty cool to get a bonus vape kit.

This is where I used to get my eliquids premixed but since the regulations they stopped selling their 10ml and 30ml premixed liquids. :(

They had the best gucci juice. Fruits and cream basically. It was delicious.

I still shop there, they've been good with my orders. ;)

Hobag

Member For 4 Years
im looking into trying diy just want to try some simple single flavors first. not sure if i want to mix by weight or volume. with vaping 120mls/wk need to try and start mixing and see if its for me or not just want to get good nic i know there are some crappy nic out there. thanks for the info

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im looking into trying diy just want to try some simple single flavors first. not sure if i want to mix by weight or volume. with vaping 120mls/wk need to try and start mixing and see if its for me or not just want to get good nic i know there are some crappy nic out there. thanks for the info
I would strongly suggest going to nicotine river for all your supplies they have everything you need and the best prices out there its very easy to make good juice dont be scared just remember more flavoring doesnt mean a better taste. its only $20 for a gallon of vg and get a liter of pg and enough nic and flavoring for it am d you spend $60 for a gallon of juice. You can look up the flavors you want and there are sights all over the web that give you recomended percentages that is what I use it will say recommended single flavor percentage of 5 percent and its nine times out of ten perfect they take everyones input and take an average I dont know what you mean by weight I make mine by percentage and I sell $200 worth of juice a week at 90 percent profit I vape and vuy all my vapi.g wants and needs for free and me and my wife both vape 30ml a day so we save a ton and make extra money. The key is buy flavoring that has a good rateing because there are bad flavors out there so dont get discouraged if you vuy a gross flavor once in a while so buy small bottles firsr then buy 120ml of the flavors you like the most because 120 ml of flavor concentrate is o ly like $8 for flavor apprentice and flavor apprentice has some good prices and good selection and its mostly good tasting. If you know what you like to vape let me know and I can stear you toward good flavor concentrates for your flavor so you dont waste your money on bad flavoring I have avout a hundred different flavors so I probably have what you like and can tell you what to buy

Hobag

Member For 4 Years
for single flavors i like strawberry blueberry also like green apple but i also like my custards and cremes

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for single flavors i like strawberry blueberry also like green apple but i also like my custards and cremes
Perfect that is exactly what I like get flavor apprentice ripe strawberry and capella vanilla custard version 1 and flavor apprentice blueberry and a must have is flavor apprentice marshmallow it goes it jist about everything I make thats a good start and get a small bottle of cake batter from cappella because its just good and thays one of our favorites straeberry cake batter with a little marshmallow its a great vape. But with those flavors you cant go wrong because they are all good flavors when I get home I will look up what sight I get my percentages from and let you know because thats the biggest part is getting the amount to use because too much flavor tastes like cleaning solution. But with these you should be good strawberry and blueberry are botg 15 percent marshmallow is 10 percent banilla custard is 10 percent and cake batter is 15 percent but its a strong flavor so use it as a additive because too much and its all you will taste I go 70percent strawberry 10 percent marshmallow and 20 percent cake batter then you use the percentages for each flavor and compute to how much juice your making that should be enough to get started your going to wonder why you didnt start making juice sooner at liest I did

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh and the apple is a hard flavor I have gotten a bunch of apple flavors and havent gotten one I really like yet dont get candy apple by flavor apprentice because it tastes like cleaner. And I forgot bavarian cream by flavor apprentice is 10 percent and good

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know you from VULive. Good to see ya here! Welcome :)

√ TRUSTED REVIEW √

I get my Popular & safe quality Flavors from
www.flavourfog.com/
AND
www.diy-ejuice.com.

~ My Nicotine (No Taste/No Flavour) and VG/Pg from
www.vaperbc.com
AND
www.firstchoicevapor.ca/
~Prices are fair compared to other Canadian suppliers that I know of and that I have ordered from before. Service, Product and packaging is perfect. They are always adding more flavors and quality products from different companies.
~Hopefully we start to see them Carry inexpensive, quality scales, ultrasonic baths and magnetic mixer's in the near future.

~These 4 Canadian companies are consistent in business for/in as of October 2016 the following.

~Wide range of products 8/10
~Products as described 10/10
~Good Communication 10/10
~Fast Shipping 10/10
~Fair Canadian pricing 10/10
~True to there listed policies ~Yes

I.M.H.O.
Trusted!
~Between these 4 companies you can get most all of your needed High Quantity variants for Mixing Safe DIY E~JUICE hear in Canada.

√ TRUSTED REVIEW √

I get my Popular & safe quality Flavors from
www.flavourfog.com/
AND
www.diy-ejuice.com.

~ My Nicotine (No Taste/No Flavour) and VG/Pg from
www.vaperbc.com
AND
www.firstchoicevapor.ca/
~Prices are fair compared to other Canadian suppliers that I know of and that I have ordered from before. Service, Product and packaging is perfect. They are always adding more flavors and quality products from different companies.
~Hopefully we start to see them Carry inexpensive, quality scales, ultrasonic baths and magnetic mixer's in the near future.

~These 4 Canadian companies are consistent in business for/in as of October 2016 the following.

~Wide range of products 8/10
~Products as described 10/10
~Good Communication 10/10
~Fast Shipping 10/10
~Fair Canadian pricing 10/10
~True to there listed policies ~Yes

I.M.H.O.
Trusted!
~Between these 4 companies you can get most all of your needed High Quantity variants for Mixing Safe DIY E~JUICE hear in Canada.
QUOTE="Hobag, post: 1388180, member: 43859"]im looking into trying diy just want to try some simple single flavors first. not sure if i want to mix by weight or volume. with vaping 120mls/wk need to try and start mixing and see if its for me or not just want to get good nic i know there are some crappy nic out there. thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

lvacey

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anytime. Feel free to ask questions as they come up.

Hi RocketPuppy, I'm new to the forum and very happy I found VU! I want to try DIY and I saw the links you posted on where to buy (Thanks!) but can you tell me how many bottles and what sizes, syringes etc. I will need to experiment with? I plan on hopefully making my own and I'm on 0 nic so for the ingredients I need PG & VG flavor concentrate?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi RocketPuppy, I'm new to the forum and very happy I found VU! I want to try DIY and I saw the links you posted on where to buy (Thanks!) but can you tell me how many bottles and what sizes, syringes etc. I will need to experiment with? I plan on hopefully making my own and I'm on 0 nic so for the ingredients I need PG & VG flavor concentrate?

Yes, those are your primary ingredients :)

RP hasn't been here in a while :( but I do know that she mixes with a scale, she got me using one, lol. If you do prefer to go the route of syringes, that's totally up to you, but I started with 5, 1ml syringes, 3, 3ml syringes, 2, 5 ml syringes and one 10ml. You can get some larger than that, I do hear of people using them.

lvacey

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, those are your primary ingredients :)

RP hasn't been here in a while :( but I do know that she mixes with a scale, she got me using one, lol. If you do prefer to go the route of syringes, that's totally up to you, but I started with 5, 1ml syringes, 3, 3ml syringes, 2, 5 ml syringes and one 10ml. You can get some larger than that, I do hear of people using them.

Thank you, Huckleberry!!! That's exactly what I wanted to know!!!

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
E-Juice Lab has an Android Recipe Calculator that also does weight along with percentage, volume and drops.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi! Vaping Underground! This is my first post here, i'm from Montréal, Canada :D I just received original 10ml flavours from Flavour Art & Inawera, do you just keep them in their plastic bottles for storage or it could be a good thing to put them into glass bottles with glass droppers?

Oh snap! Hello from Cote-Sainte-Catherine Jacky! What’s your favourite vape shops in town? I tend to go to Citronic on CDN and G2 in the village for certain things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors