Become a Patron!

What is at the end of a rainbow? A VU mixing challenge thread.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Since there is a flavor conspiracy going on that makes someone always a single flavor short of completing the deliciousness of that recipe, this is a challenge thread for recipes we create, designed to guarantee others will be at least one ingredient short.

The rules are simple.
- You must actually have the ingredients in your recipe to mix it.
- It should be considered tasty for people who will like that flavor profile.
- It must be your recipe, no copy/pasting please.
- Give the recipe a ridiculously stupid name .

There is no prize other than the potential to discover cool recipes and ideas and (almost) everyone is a loser except those willing to buy obscure flavors to mix a recipe.

This is the first on the chopping block, fresh off the presses to kick this off.

upload_2018-6-19_20-39-35.png

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have all those flavors!! BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :D
200w.webp

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It's a little sour right now, rhubarb is strong out of the gate so it will be sitting for several days and tried again. I may also up the shisha slightly to edge out the rhubarb some.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You got me....INW rhubarb. Excellent idea. I can definitely play this game.

I have something in the works.....definitely fits the bill. I wasn’t going to post it because of this very thing....weird ass flavors. I have to check on a few things first before I drop it.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You got me....INW rhubarb. Excellent idea. I can definitely play this game.

I have something in the works.....definitely fits the bill. I wasn’t going to post it because of this very thing....weird ass flavors. I have to check on a few things first before I drop it.

Looking forward to it. This is how all great foods, boozes and medicines were invented. People screwing around.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Love rhubarb but hate most rhubarb flavorings till I found Rhubarb by VT. It' s by now one of my most used flavors and extremely versatile not just for rhubarb oriented recipes.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Love rhubarb but hate most rhubarb flavorings till I found Rhubarb by VT. It' s by now one of my most used flavors and extremely versatile not just for rhubarb oriented recipes.
Yay! I just got that one. Haven’t had time to fuss with it yet. Good to know it’s yummy.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Creamy McCreamerson

FP Cream Cake 3%
WF Fluffy White Cake 2%
Cap Sweet Cream 2%
Cap Sweet Strawberry 3%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%

Just mixed it up. Very strawberry forward. I’m guessing at least a weeks steep, with all the creams.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A question.....how obscure are we talking? I have about a half dozen flavors from the UK that most people can only get thru Chefs, etc.....are they fair game or should I keep it to flavors available in the US?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A question.....how obscure are we talking? I have about a half dozen flavors from the UK that most people can only get thru Chefs, etc.....are they fair game or should I keep it to flavors available in the US?

I like the idea of this game Not being fair :giggle:

Not just saying that cause I had the Premium Custard, cause it's all gone of course :D

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

You can play dirty if you want to. Rules are posted, no changing them now.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Creamy McCreamerson

FP Cream Cake 3%
WF Fluffy White Cake 2%
Cap Sweet Cream 2%
Cap Sweet Strawberry 3%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%

Just mixed it up. Very strawberry forward. I’m guessing at least a weeks steep, with all the creams.

I cant make it.

FP Cream Cake 3%
WF Fluffy White Cake 2%

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's okay! I have a new 120mL of very tasty e-liquid! Everything I made it with is good, I was very conscientious with it
Well, if ya need another one............................:)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, if ya need another one............................:)

I betcha I'll have some income when I'm ready for my next flavor order - gonna get BIG bottles of Tahitian Vanilla Cream and that Custard Premium

Edit: LOL, of course, if I had income NOW, I would be ready for a flavor order NOW :xD:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I betcha I'll have some income when I'm ready for my next flavor order - gonna get BIG bottles of Tahitian Vanilla Cream and that Custard Premium
Good call. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Custard Premium isn’t available in the US. Gotta order from Chefs or FA Italy directly. I would definitely do Chefs....not a terrible turn around time and probably cheaper. The other bummer is it’s only available in 10ml at Chefs. I bought an obscene amount of Custard Premium at Chefs as well as some fun flavors that will be a joy to drop on this “contest”.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm working on one right now. Just trying to dial in the percentages to where I like. Two very obscure flavors are the stars of the show. I may be wrong but, I don't think many people have the flavors I'm talking about. It's FW Big Stick and FW Tropical Cream Breeze. Together with a little vanilla cream is pretty damn good.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm working on one right now. Just trying to dial in the percentages to where I like. Two very obscure flavors are the stars of the show. I may be wrong but, I don't think many people have the flavors I'm talking about. It's FW Big Stick and FW Tropical Cream Breeze. Together with a little vanilla cream is pretty damn good.

upload_2018-6-21_6-28-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_6-28-11.png
    upload_2018-6-21_6-28-11.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 11

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Some stuff being mixed tonight

upload_2018-6-22_20-1-1.png

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Nice.....Shisha Banana. I just picked up Shisha Coconut. Looking forward to working with it.

I havent tried it yet. Smells good and hopefully turns out like the other shisha's since all of them I have had are delicious.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I havent tried it yet. Smells good and hopefully turns out like the other shisha's since all of them I have had are delicious.
True. I’ll have to wait and see, huh? I would def get it if it’s worth it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@jwill , these are all brilliant. Thank you for sharing. And you got me for at least one in every recipe. Well done. I am hoping to get you when I get back!;)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
oh boy thanks for posting these, adapting all 3 to my rf sc stash in the 'to mix next' folder of my juice calc as they all have profiles/flavors I like

These all need work. First impressions were not super positive except the long named one inspired by Juicy Lucy, That one will likely be pretty good. Rest of them are going to post up for a while and be revisited. Hopefully they mellow out some.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These all need work. First impressions were not super positive except the long named one inspired by Juicy Lucy, That one will likely be pretty good. Rest of them are going to post up for a while and be revisited. Hopefully they mellow out some.
thankfully I am not finicky and I only had 1 of your flavors to work with at best per recipe, I just adapted them to something similar in my stash... My 'to mix next' folder is so long I may not mix them for a few years.

Thought Thats How We Make New People, Also.?
2.00% Pumpkin Pie (Real Flavors)
1.50% Sweet Cream (Real Flavors)
0.80% French Vanilla (Real Flavors)
0.50% Condensed Milk (Real Flavors)

How to Kill an Immortal
2.50% Deep Fried Twinkie (Real Flavors)
1.30% Coconut (Real Flavors)
1.00% Chocolate (Real Flavors)
0.80% Cream (Real Flavors)

Monkey Crack
2.00% French Toast (Real Flavors)
2.00% Vanilla Ice Cream (Real Flavors)
1.60% Banana (Real Flavors)
1.50% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)

^^This one is similar to my 'monkey snack' adaptation that I liked so it will probably be good to me.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thankfully I am not finicky and I only had 1 of your flavors to work with at best per recipe, I just adapted them to something similar in my stash... My 'to mix next' folder is so long I may not mix them for a few years.

How to Kill an Immortal

Monkey Crack

^^This one is similar to my 'monkey snack' adaptation that I liked so it will probably be good to me.
I know what you mean. I have pages of other people’s recipes to mix....and then I keep coming up with stuff on my own. I think I have 30 little recipe testers on my desk right now. Imma gonna have a few more when I get back. Years worth of mixing.....what a problem to have.:cry:;):D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

How to Kill an Immortal

Monkey Crack

I know what you mean. I have pages of other people’s recipes to mix....and then I keep coming up with stuff on my own. I think I have 30 little recipe testers on my desk right now. Imma gonna have a few more when I get back. Years worth of mixing.....what a problem to have.:cry:;):D

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I knew how to easily count the number of recipes in my calculator and by each category/folder, but I am probably glad I can't as the number would likely scare me. I take breaks from here and ELR every now and again just so I don't overload my juice calc with new recipes, and to try and quell the urge for new shiny vape gear.

VU Sponsors