Become a Patron!

What wattage and voltage should i use with 1.09 ohm?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wire.... I run 1.09ohm at 5 watts to 75watts. But mistly around 15 to 20 watts...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Adjust wattage so it shows you 3.7v then work up from there..where you will end up liking itt is up to you...certainly though you wont find 30 or 40 watts to be that spot with that high an ohm...im thinking between 15 and 20 watts and whatever voltage will be within that range.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let us know where you ended up liking it and you're welcome.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regardless of ohm or build... I always start a new coil or build at Low wattage/temperature and work my way UP to a good vape.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adjust wattage so it shows you 3.7v then work up from there..where you will end up liking itt is up to you...certainly though you wont find 30 or 40 watts to be that spot with that high an ohm...im thinking between 15 and 20 watts and whatever voltage will be within that range.

Hey, can you explain why you put it to 3.7v?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey, can you explain why you put it to 3.7v?

Its just a starting point..a typical cheap (non power adjustable) vape pen puts out 3.7v so, its on the weaker side to start with depending on ohm.

The higher the ohms the more powerful 3.7v can be...At 1 ohm it just seems a good place to begin and work up.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its just a starting point..a typical cheap (non power adjustable) vape pen puts out 3.7v so, its on the weaker side to start with depending on ohm.

The higher the ohms the more powerful 3.7v can be...At 1 ohm it just seems a good place to begin and work up.

Ok, thanks.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Typically sub ohm builds run at less than 3 volts. For me. In fact I am more likely to be running at 3 volts or less 1ohm or lower and 3 volts or more with 1ohm and higher builds....

When starting a new build or coil And using regulation. Start at low power and work up to a good vape.. whether you measure the output in watts volts or temperature is of no consequence... as in reality they are all the same thing. A representation of the volts the mod is suppliing to the atty.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typically sub ohm builds run at less than 3 volts. For me. In fact I am more likely to be running at 3 volts or less 1ohm or lower and 3 volts or more with 1ohm and higher builds....

When starting a new build or coil And using regulation. Start at low power and work up to a good vape.. whether you measure the output in watts volts or temperature is of no consequence... as in reality they are all the same thing. A representation of the volts the mod is suppliing to the atty.

Thanks for the explanation.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The only right answer here is : vape it at the wattage that gives you the most enjoyable vape

VU Sponsors