Become a Patron!

Where did you begin in the world of vaping?

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I started vaping almost 2 1/2 years ago. Vaping has come a long way since then. I was cleaning out my vape drawer when I found this...my beginning.
8afbee2bfe498e9ef679b6d00e1b2a3c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1ae2bc510a47447336949370ac7b07bb.jpg
7b92af4255a2b8e690774265b4947c5a.jpg

That's what got me started in 2011
That was the best looking regulated tube at that time next to the provaris...then VIVI nova tanks no leaking, pure NICOTINE heat 24 mg.. Yikes..
Time GOES FAST...

VAPE IT

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
1ae2bc510a47447336949370ac7b07bb.jpg
7b92af4255a2b8e690774265b4947c5a.jpg

That's what got me started in 2011
That was the best looking regulated tube at that time next to the provaris...then VIVI nova tanks no leaking, pure NICOTINE heat 24 mg.. Yikes..
Time GOES FAST...

VAPE IT
I started at 24mg nic also! Insane looking back! But I smoked Marlboro Reds for almost 25 years and cigarettes in less than a day so I guess I did something right!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started at 24mg nic also! Insane looking back! But I smoked Marlboro Reds for almost 25 years and cigarettes in less than a day so I guess I did something right!

I was an occasional smoker for a long ass time, then it became heavy from 2009-2011 almost a pack a day, until one morning, I went to Starbucks to get some coffee and smoke the stinkies, a guy (founder of 5 pawns)came up to me and said try this
It was a vivi nova and a zmax mini, it was so damn good hit 18mg nicotine...
Then he gave me a bunch of five pawns I was like what am I gonna do with this?!then he said go to vapor lounge in garden grove ca... Which I did that day, got the vivi nova for 14 bucks then I found the zmax on Craigslist $60 bucks not bad...
I vape tons of five pawns and shit and that was the last time I vape 5 pawns
SHIT TOO EXPENSIVE...lol..

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only game in town at the time.
48mg in the morning and 36mg the rest of the day dripping, rotating 5 batteries an hour.:(
094c2f3d132abd477af7a8c70556a69e.jpg

Until I got my first 18650 mod, a Chuck
Vaping003_victum.jpg

Then a couple Silver Bullets, then a Provari.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I started with the Ego 510 with the little built in atomizers and the plastic tip cartridges (i think it came with 5) that you put your juice in. My first upgrade was buying a protank. I remember how awesome I thought it was to have a tank instead of those plastic mouthpieces lol. Used to get juice in my mouth with those things all the time.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
My first tank was some no name gigantic 5 mil tank. Juice would last me almost a week in that tank. It used them little bitty kanger coils. The tank wasn't kanger...some knock off. Used that tank for a while too!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Volt Smokeless Image cigalikes, then a Kanger Evod starter kit. First real tank/mod was a Kanger Subtank Mini with an iStick 40 TCW, August 2015. Kanger coils were not very good back then; the new ones were just about to come out. First setup decent enough to choose over analogues was an og Herakles with an IPV 3 Li, 2 months later.

I was an occasional/light/social on and off smoker over about 17 years. Then I got a stressful job involving heavy travel last April, and finally discovered cowboy killers, the only brand my parents ever smoked. On a couple of mornings when taking out the trash, I saw 2 empty packs, couldn't believe it, and knew I had to do something. No idea how I let it get that far.

Only other thing I tried was the patch.... and a can or two of dip about 10 years ago. Didn't hate the Skoal or Copenhagen, just couldn't see myself doing it every day.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I used to dip when I couldn't smoke. Haven't touched dip dince I started vaping either. No matter where I am, theres always a bathroom to sneak a vape in.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I started with a ProVari 2.5, with two Kanger Protanks V2, shortly after three Protanks V3, and optional (larger) AFC. Used 12 mg/ml Nicotine 30PG/70VG. I quit analogs the same time, as my batteries were charged, and the Protanks ready to go.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great thread, old times...

I started with these, they did the job, felt natural
Ecig_USB_charger.jpg

Went to KGO and Carto, and just dripped. Graduated to a carto tank and KGO.

THen I got into NET tobacco so that stepped me up to Vivi Nova and Saber Touch. The Vivi leaked and had issues with having to swish etc.

Then I got my first RTA, an Odysseus V2 by GG. Used the for almost 4 years. Now I like a variety of mostly mechs and RTAs.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Great thread, old times...

I started with these, they did the job, felt natural
Ecig_USB_charger.jpg

Went to KGO and Carto, and just dripped. Graduated to a carto tank and KGO.

THen I got into NET tobacco so that stepped me up to Vivi Nova and Saber Touch. The Vivi leaked and had issues with having to swish etc.

Then I got my first RTA, an Odysseus V2 by GG. Used the for almost 4 years. Now I like a variety of mostly mechs and RTAs.
I mostly stick with RTA's. I don't usually have a lot of time to feed a dripper. I do have a Goliath RDA with 8 coils. That's more of a no nic novelty than anything else.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I started with the Ego 510 with the little built in atomizers and the plastic tip cartridges (i think it came with 5) that you put your juice in. My first upgrade was buying a protank. I remember how awesome I thought it was to have a tank instead of those plastic mouthpieces lol. Used to get juice in my mouth with those things all the time.

That was the ego t, same as me.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Volt Smokeless Image cigalikes, then a Kanger Evod starter kit. First real tank/mod was a Kanger Subtank Mini with an iStick 40 TCW, August 2015. Kanger coils were not very good back then; the new ones were just about to come out. First setup decent enough to choose over analogues was an og Herakles with an IPV 3 Li, 2 months later.

I was an occasional/light/social on and off smoker over about 17 years. Then I got a stressful job involving heavy travel last April, and finally discovered cowboy killers, the only brand my parents ever smoked. On a couple of mornings when taking out the trash, I saw 2 empty packs, couldn't believe it, and knew I had to do something. No idea how I let it get that far.

Only other thing I tried was the patch.... and a can or two of dip about 10 years ago. Didn't hate the Skoal or Copenhagen, just couldn't see myself doing it every day.

That's how My fiance and I started. Then we graduated to the MVP 2.0 they had. Now I currently have a MVP 20watt and am about to go up to the MVP3 pro and fiance is getting my almost new 20 watt. :)

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, started with ego 510s too. Lasted a few months, then upgraded to a viva nova tank. Then got some clone mech mods to power it. Then found out I could rebuild the viva heads with 32g kanthal and peaches and cream yarn for wicking. LOL. Protank then came out, switched to those, rebuilt those too, the yarn was switched to butchers twine for wicks. Somewhere around that time, complimented my mech mods with my my first VW mod .... A vamo.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
aspire something (1 day),, nebox about 2 months.. topbox past 4 months,, bought a bunch of RDAs, Piffed most of them in the mail/people i met,,,have a SXK Corolla on the way.. very much looking forward to it. thinking about getting a Pico and maybe a mechmod. (i had a mech mod on order,,, but it got discontinued,, so i need to start looking for one that appeals to me)

i am just glad that i got to start off pretty 'modern' and i appreciate what the older vape community has done for the rest of us blazing a trail of what we know as vape equipment today.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
aspire something (1 day),, nebox about 2 months.. topbox past 4 months,, bought a bunch of RDAs, Piffed most of them in the mail/people i met,,,have a SXK Corolla on the way.. very much looking forward to it. thinking about getting a Pico and maybe a mechmod. (i had a mech mod on order,,, but it got discontinued,, so i need to start looking for one that appeals to me)

i am just glad that i got to start off pretty 'modern' and i appreciate what the older vape community has done for the rest of us blazing a trail of what we know as vape equipment today.
Glad you stuck with it, and your disposal of non working items. Good karma to you.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I also remember when I got my first Ego Twist VW/VV. I thought I was really livin it up lol. So I bought an Aerotank to go with it. A year later or so that Apire CF battery came out. I picked that up along with the Nautilus mini. To this day there is still not another MTL tank out there that has the flavor of the Nautilus. Even tho I have moved on to Subohming, RBAs, etc I still keep a Nautilus mini loaded up nearby.

DC2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started with a 510 Janty Dura and then moved on to these...

Chargers001.jpg

Chuck002.jpg

Now I use a 650 mah Twist...

007a4eea-f2cc-468c-b7a7-c8bd31e17784_zpsfzaaepjk.jpg

Been using 510 atomizers for dripping for the last 6.8 years.

And I fully intend to be the last human on earth using a 510 atomizer.
And since I have over 200 of them, I think I have a good shot at it...
:giggle:

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Carto Tanks (I was so happy with the big 5ml one.,...I stuck with them for 3 years.) then I had a major tun of dud's.

Started the clearo run.,...tried them all. Hated them all.

Bought a kayfun and have vaped it for 2 years till I found a sale going on a dripper.(Mutation X v4).

Retired the kayfuns, dropped to 3mg juice and gave up chain vaping.

Have had Vamo's 1860T joytechs, longest mod run to date on a Kambry K200....Isticks and currently a coolfire V4.

I never thought anyone would ever really need anything past 20 watts.

Live and learn!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started with a 510 Janty Dura and then moved on to these...

Chargers001.jpg

Chuck002.jpg

Now I use a 650 mah Twist...

007a4eea-f2cc-468c-b7a7-c8bd31e17784_zpsfzaaepjk.jpg

Been using 510 atomizers for dripping for the last 6.8 years.

And I fully intend to be the last human on earth using a 510 atomizer.
And since I have over 200 of them, I think I have a good shot at it...
:giggle:
holy fuck you still have some 510 disposo drippers.oh man those things drove me crazy I hated the wicks in them...

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For me it started with an impulse buy of an Njoy King. It lasted me 4 hours but it made me think that there had to be a better way. A week later I bought my first ego with a CE-4 Stardust which I quickly changed for a Kanger T-3. Now I DIY juice and build coils.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I started with a Halo Triton kit. eGo style batteries and T2S style clearos, but with 808 threads. :huh:

I did not intend to quit smoking, just to cut back some. Four days later I was down from 40+ a day to 1 a day, found a vape shop, bought some better stuff, and that was that.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Found my original ego battery from 4 years ago. Still works!!! You could actually turn up the voltage by turning it off then holding the fire button for like 5 seconds then the light would turn yellow instead of white putting it at a little higher voltage lol
IMG_2983_zps9rh5kron.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found my original ego battery from 4 years ago. Still works!!! You could actually turn up the voltage by turning it off then holding the fire button for like 5 seconds then the light would turn yellow instead of white putting it at a little higher voltage lol
IMG_2983_zps9rh5kron.jpg
I had this little tiny passthrough from the same vintage that did the same thing..you clicked it so many times to raise the voltage I think it had like 3 settings.......

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I had this little tiny passthrough from the same vintage that did the same thing..you clicked it so many times to raise the voltage I think it had like 3 settings
I remember when I got the twist. I also bought the protank at the same time. It took my vaping to a whole new level. A year later or so is when I got the aerotank then I was in heaven again. Another year later I got the Aspire CF ego battery and the Nautilus mini. I used that until the istick came out. That mini is still the best MTL vape out there in my opinion. I am now subohming and rebuilding but I was so happy when I found that ego I just had to share lol.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember when I got the twist. I also bought the protank at the same time. It took my vaping to a whole new level. A year later or so is when I got the aerotank then I was in heaven again. Another year later I got the Aspire CF ego battery and the Nautilus mini. I used that until the istick came out. That mini is still the best MTL vape out there in my opinion. I am now subohming and rebuilding but I was so happy when I found that ego I just had to share lol.
I remeber the twist was a step up for me,and I used to put a aga-t2 genisis atty on top of it and vape it at like 1.3 or something. 32 gauge wire....it was pushing it....long time ago..yeah I remeber when the protank came out...everybody thought it was the bomb...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://www.njoy.com/products/electronic-cigarette-kings-5-pack/bold Something akin to this. Think it was a three pack for about $20.00 USD. For me these did not allow extended use.

Next up was eGo 1100 mAh for a battery. And the tank was this model. http://vaporblade.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_50&products_id=238 Think my wife only paid around $3.00 USD for the tank via Fast Tech. The battery may have ran $12.00, add $3 for a charger. She had less than $20 in the kit, add in a little juice to get started and I think it was still less than $25.

Now, up to using rdas, genesis type rda, squonking kits. I have difficulty trying to use evod style tanks now. Suppose I'm a lunger and not a mouther.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea I used those CE5 attys some too. The original 510 I got you just drop those little atomizers in and it had the plastic tip cartridges that you filled with juice lol. I hated those things cause I would always get juice in my mouth.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sitting this morning using an RSST with a 3mm ID 1.30 ohm coil with a Smok X-Pro M22 running 7.5 Watts. It hits well and I chuck fair clouds. Found a break even point I think, higher resistance coil with 28ga Kanthal and lower wattage to help keep good battery life, rayon wick which helps avoid dry hits. The rayon soaks up juice like a charm but does not burn unless you fire coils without first wetting it, and it does not add any residual flavor from itself.

Everyone's mileage will vary, of course. I'm sure purists will insist on stainless steel mesh as wick for genesis style rta/rda. They can vape that if they want, too. They don't vape for me though, and I don't vape for them. No argument, conflict. Again, everybody finds their own way and sees different miles. Vaping is as different as people who vape are different. Difference lets our world/s thrive and live.

Last edited:

GeekALiscious

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Back in 2010, I grabbed a Volcano Magma kit. Bought craploads of cartridges (the first generation even had the little blue foam "wick".) Didn't realize I could have dripped on the atties :confused:

I'd drain a battery on the 15 minute drive to work :wait:

Not nearly enough to get me to quit smoking. Fast-forward to 2014. "Upgraded" to an Inferno (still have both kits, and they still work!) Found a local B&M and snagged Spinners and EVOD tanks. FINALLY able to quit smoking. Been through a bunch of mods and tanks since then....

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Back in 2010, I grabbed a Volcano Magma kit. Bought craploads of cartridges (the first generation even had the little blue foam "wick".) Didn't realize I could have dripped on the atties :confused:

I'd drain a battery on the 15 minute drive to work :wait:

Not nearly enough to get me to quit smoking. Fast-forward to 2014. "Upgraded" to an Inferno (still have both kits, and they still work!) Found a local B&M and snagged Spinners and EVOD tanks. FINALLY able to quit smoking. Been through a bunch of mods and tanks since then....
Msn I spend so much money on the latest and greatest...probably costs almost as much as cigarettes. On the plus side I make my own juice which saves a trainload of money!

GeekALiscious

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Msn I spend so much money on the latest and greatest...probably costs almost as much as cigarettes. On the plus side I make my own juice which saves a trainload of money!

LOL - I don't have "latest 'n' greatest", but most is pretty current. I don't have any 100W mods (yet?) I'm kinda bad with tanks - I find one I like and then I have to have seemingly EVERY color. I'm REALLY trying to stop doing that. However, I would like compatibility for the coils I do buy. I have a couple of RDAs, so I'll build what I can.

Started DIY a couple years ago (and went a bit overboard gathering flavors and PG/VG o_O ) Keeps me out of jail :D

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I exclusively use rba's now. My last tank I used prefab coils was my Crown tank. The rba section in that tank sucked. Yeah, when a new tank or mod hits the market I jump on it. Its become its own addiction.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I have the Griffin 25, TF RTA 2, Aromamizer Supreme. Got them all within a week of each other.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
031014.jpg

Started with that eRoll, Feb 1, 2014. Within 3-4 wks,1) I had reduced from 15-20 cigs a day to 1 and then 0... and 2) figured out that a tank and battery that small is a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS! So on the first full day with ZERO cigarettes, I got that iTaste vv3 and T3S... and that was that, at least until my appendectomy and dual-use relapse that lasted a month (after I'd been smoke-free for nearly 4 months). To help me get back to smoke-free, I again used the eRoll a little bit, until I got my tastebuds reset for vapor instead of smoke.

Andria

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First e-cig ever:

429028-green-smoke-e-cigarettes.jpg

I bought it with the intention of "smoking" this where I couldn't smoke regular cigs. Thing was totally unreliable though, never worked when I wanted it, so after a few weeks, into the trash and that was the end of vaping for me.

Later on my friend gave me a Volcano carto pen for B-day.

Inferno-E-Cigarette-Review.jpg

Regained interest in vaping since this worked better, but the gurgling mess I would experience time to time and the PITA on refilling the cartos never fully got me off the smokes. Felt like I had to suck on these with way more effort than a regular camel light to get any payoff.

Then got one of these a year after for B-day:

provaping-ego-pass-through-iclear-16-express-kit

ego-c and iclear16 sent together with a very tasty strawberry e-liquid that was not Volcano branded. (Volcano isn't the only place that makes e-liquid?? LOL)

On that note, one day a smoker, the next day no more, and then typed in my google bar for the first time, "e-cigarette juice"

Sad part now is no matter what device or atomizer I use now, or whatever e-juice I vape or will vape in the future, it will never come anywhere near the satisfaction and excitement I had during the first year of officially vaping. There were many shit juices and tanks at that time too, but then when you got something rather good, it was definitely quite the experience.

I think the Kayfun plus lite ruined it all for me, after the excitement and thrill of the Kayfun wore off, I never quite felt the same experience anymore from thereon, no matter how much better the vape experience was.

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first was mvp 2.0 with the iclear clearo. I always wondered why anyone would use any more than 11 watts at the time. It is funny thinking how I was so amazed by the vapor at 11 watts.

Now 11 watts wont even give me a wisp of a cloud with my builds.

Technology changes so fast.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MVP was my first "mod" and loved everything about it. Was such a prefect travel device too, external power option saved my cell phone more times than I can remember ;)

Faceman12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Father in-law and Mother in-law were both big vapers when I was still smoking. Father in-inlaw talked me into trying it and I bought a vape pen (joytech I think) and it leaked like a mother so I took it back and exchanged it for a Kanger Sub box mini. That was 7 ish months ago.

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I had to get technical, the first one I can remember having is the No. 7 brand cigalike kit. It was very decent for what it was, had a variety of cartridges that came with it and the replacements were fairly priced. My atomizers burned out and i never got around to ordering new ones. Over time I lost some pieces somehow and never used it since. Currently I'm using a Kanger Subvod, got it for a decent price and some juice with it.

VU Sponsors