Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I normally cant stand rap, but i actually like thst one. And the vid is pretty cool to.
Like I said I'm much the same way. Rap is one of those things that I find pretty interesting. Some of it is simply beautiful poetry set to a nice beat. Some of it is garbage and not worth talking about. I've always felt there were 2 main groups, Club rap and Poetry Rap. Club rap is what you hear... at a club, it's a good beat with words that mean nothing, I hate it. Poetry rap is a bit more interesting, but even that has far more bad than good, lots of it pandering to certain ideals that simply make me sad. But, that's why when I hear people like Kid Cudi talking about real and global issues it just strikes me and I love it so much. Probably my favorite line in all of rap is from him "The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom" in a rap talking about his depression (and an album where he speaks about Night terrors).

Anyways not a huge fan of the genre, I listen mostly to Rock (often Metal), Classical, and Electronic. Just some of these rappers are really worth respecting and giving a chance and not lumping them with the sacks of crap that are out there.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy shit, i thought id never get the same or bigger clouds off of a singke coil thst i would off of a dual setup. I was wrong.
f5d38a5e5cbbf97345106598bdcfc6ff.jpg

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually rap can be done really well, it can take just as much talent as any other genre.

Eminem's rap God was in the Guinness world records as the hit single which contains the most words; it totals 1,560 words in less than 8 minutes.

It's not all ho's and drugs, and sometimes you'd be surprised ;) its all about the talent of the artist and the style of it.

For the record, I listen to all genres in all different styles. Never did all the music history or anything but it's a passion

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never said some of
Actually rap can be done really well, it can take just as much talent as any other genre.

Eminem's rap God was in the Guinness world records as the hit single which contains the most words; it totals 1,560 words in less than 8 minutes.

It's not all ho's and drugs, and sometimes you'd be surprised ;) its all about the talent of the artist and the style of it.

For the record, I listen to all genres in all different styles. Never did all the music history or anything but it's a passion
Never said the rappers didnt have talent. I just cant stand it 99.9% of the time.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep forgetting cypruss hill is acfually rap. Guesse i missed th a t one lol

Got insane in the membrane on my ipod.

Altho ill fuck with the big 4 0

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yup, I'd like to think I give everything a fair chance but in reality rap and country I have a general bias against as the majority of it I find more annoying than enjoyable. But, there are certainly artists that I love in both genres. I'm pretty open to music, if I listed my favorite songs there'd probably be at least one song of every different genre. Willy Nelson is my guy for Country, just love his voice, and his son is pretty amazing too.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, I'd like to think I give everything a fair chance but in reality rap and country I have a general bias against as the majority of it I find more annoying than enjoyable. But, there are certainly artists that I love in both genres. I'm pretty open to music, if I listed my favorite songs there'd probably be at least one song of every different genre. Willy Nelson is my guy for Country, just love his voice, and his son is pretty amazing too.
Nailed it right in the head!

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's not all ho's and drugs, and sometimes you'd be surprised its all about the talent of the artist and the style of it.
THIS!!!! So much this!! And that's why I LOVE Eminem. You can't deny this man's talent. Nope. Plus, he can actually sing. One of my faves of his, which I'm listening to now, is Lose Yourself. I love him.

But, I'm on a huge NWA kick again for the umpteenth time in my life from having watched the movie recently. I may not always understand what is being said in a lot of stuff, not just rap, plus I'm hearing impaired, but I love the beats so much!

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
THIS!!!! So much this!! And that's why I LOVE Eminem. You can't deny this man's talent. Nope. Plus, he can actually sing. One of my faves of his, which I'm listening to now, is Lose Yourself. I love him.

But, I'm on a huge NWA kick again for the umpteenth time in my life from having watched the movie recently. I may not always understand what is being said in a lot of stuff, not just rap, plus I'm hearing impaired, but I love the beats so much!
Another fast spitting white boy with flow for days lol
my favorite artist out now

Edit. Fixed the link

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here you go, it's me. Crossover.
That snare drum is just great
Love me a good cover/crossover. My favs:
(pretty sure most have heard this, it's probably more famous than the NiN original).

(Local classic rock station was making fun of this one the other day, which disappointing me).

While maybe not a full crossover both being "rock" it's certainly a different style of rock. I just love how the entire tone of the song changes.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the new covers out now of old songs too. Careless whispers, killer Queen (Adam Lambert, holy shit you guys it's worth watching) and so many others being completely redone in some really fun ways

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of people say music these days sucks. I think there is some serious talent out there right now, and every time period has its greats. But sometimes the real talent hides behind the top 40, sometimes it is the top 40.
I have to say most times it hides lol just my opinion and all

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A lot of people say music these days sucks. I think there is some serious talent out there right now, and every time period has its greats. But sometimes the real talent hides behind the top 40, sometimes it is the top 40.
I tend to look for the artists that are actually musicians. some are surprising, Trent Reznor from nine inch nails, is an amazing classically trained musician.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not my style of Rap but gotta respect classics right?
Here's the best way to describe most "artist" these days.
Lame as FUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors