Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
actually, I like all music. I used play several instruments and still play my tenor sax at times. I dislike some of the newer bubble gum pop. I mostly listen to old, blues music, or blues based rock now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you seen the movie? Ice Cube's son plays him. Damn they look SO much alike. I loved it. I was hootin' and hollerin' during that movie. That was fun!!
not yet I have it in my amazon que, waiting until I have the time to sit and watch it.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
actually, I like all music. I used play several instruments and still play my tenor sax at times. I dislike some of the newer bubble gum pop. I mostly listen to old, blues music, or blues based rock now.
I could listen to a good sax player all day myself. I prefer orchestra music for driving or relaxing

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still need to see it, maybe I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow. My buddy (whitest guy I know) is my go to guy for classic rap. I was trying to get my brother to remember "today is a good day" from Ice Cube for some reason, but I couldn't get him to click. So I just called my buddy up and he recited the full song to him, took a few minutes but the whole time we were cracking up. The guy knows everything about late 80's/90's rap, after that he calls it all crap.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could listen to a good sax player all day myself. I prefer orchestra music for driving or relaxing

When they said respecting good actual musicians it popped into my head that I heard about Justin Bieber playing some Beethoven, I hadn't ever looked it up. So i did... what I got was 30s of him butchering Fur Elise... But then the next song on the queue on youtube was Moonlight Sonata, probably my favorite piece ever. So I'm listening to that now. After I'll be sure to check out that last song you recommended :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
see, i cant handle syphony or orchestra driving. i need something that is going to keep me alert, with a fast rhythm. A heavier rock, a fast blues or even big band music, is more my speed with driving.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When they said respecting good actual musicians it popped into my head that I heard about Justin Bieber playing some Beethoven, I hadn't ever looked it up. So i did... what I got was 30s of him butchering Fur Elise... But then the next song on the queue on youtube was Moonlight Sonata, probably my favorite piece ever. So I'm listening to that now. After I'll be sure to check out that last song you recommended :)
fuck beiber. Nothing that little ....... does suprises me. Deportation isn't good enough for him lol.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
see, i cant handle syphony or orchestra driving. i need something that is going to keep me alert, with a fast rhythm. A heavier rock, a fast blues or even big band music, is more my speed with driving.
If I listen to anything with a fast pace my true colors come out and I and up going 70 in a 55

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
fuck beiber. Nothing that little ....... does suprises me. Deportation isn't good enough for him lol.

B2Hx8OM.gif

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something ya'll might enjoy. Anthony Hopkins one of the craziest and greatest actors I've enjoyed, apparently he was a musician before that. Here's the Waltz he wrote performed by a very great composer Andre Rieu

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One more song then I'll leave this threads musical choices even more limitless lmao
Warning: kinda effed up content but the flow/beat and overall story's told within are amazingly awsome

Last edited:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something ya'll might enjoy. Anthony Hopkins one of the craziest and greatest actors I've enjoyed, apparently he was a musician before that. Here's the Waltz he wrote performed by a very great composer Andre Rieu
I've seen that a few times watchin random shit on youtube! It's right up my alley lol

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Considering half my family is Canadian I wouldn't do that to them (going up there this weekend, should be fun, I don't see nearly enough of them, such amazing people) Only worry is I have a big bushy beard right now, so the passport I just got I look like Rasputin :eek: putting money on me getting pulled aside for extra searching.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Considering half my family is Canadian I wouldn't do that to them (going up there this weekend, should be fun, I don't see nearly enough of them, such amazing people) Only worry is I have a big bushy beard right now, so the passport I just got I look like Rasputin :eek: putting money on me getting pulled aside for extra searching.
I got dark, thick eyebrows and I'm dark skined and tall (native). I don't go near any borders for fear of never getting back in

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got dark, thick eyebrows and I'm dark skined and tall (native). I don't go near any borders for fear of never getting back in

Funny/scary thing is in college I hung out with a bunch of middle eastern people. NICEST guys I've ever known, all stand up solid cool people. But, its' funny thinking of the connection. I lived in a house called the Embassy at the school. We had a guy from the Congo, guy from Kazakhstan, 2 Guys from Morocco, a dozen from Saudi Arabia and a few from places around that. The school was big on Petroleum engineering so lots of people from that area. My nickname... Abuslaman (phonetically, I couldn't spell it right), because I had a big beard and reminded them of their religious leaders :p. Tried to learn some arabic, but my mouth simply can't do that. Still yet to meet an Islamic person my age that wasn't one of my favorite people I've ever met, just all so nice and genuine.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny/scary thing is in college I hung out with a bunch of middle eastern people. NICEST guys I've ever known, all stand up solid cool people. But, its' funny thinking of the connection. I lived in a house called the Embassy at the school. We had a guy from the Congo, guy from Kazakhstan, 2 Guys from Morocco, a dozen from Saudi Arabia and a few from places around that. The school was big on Petroleum engineering so lots of people from that area. My nickname... Abuslaman (phonetically, I couldn't spell it right), because I had a big beard and reminded them of their religious leaders :p. Tried to learn some arabic, but my mouth simply can't do that. Still yet to meet an Islamic person my age that wasn't one of my favorite people I've ever met, just all so nice and genuine.
Yet demonized in american society by 75-80% of people (my guess. Could probably research and come back with more solid numbers)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yet demonized in american society by 75-80% of people (my guess. Could probably research and come back with more solid numbers)

yeah it's sad, but I've always believed that criticizing a culture is fine, cultures are defined by their beliefs and demonstrated by their extremists (no mater what type of extreme it is). What tolerance is, is not turning your back on that criticism but being able to accept and give individuals the chance to show themselves for what they are. There's a lot about their culture that has me going "hmm" but the people I've met and known are all stand up individuals and I'm glad I've known them. So I don't get wrapped up with all that nonsense. I could say the same about other cultures, some I just hate, but doesnt' mean I'm going to treat someone bad from that culture, I'll give them the same chance to show who THEY are and decide if I like them or not without the influence of that culture clouding my outlook.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
recited the full song to him,
LOVE it.
BEAUTIFUL!! OMG I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing, hadn't seen that before.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One more song then I'll leave this threads musical choices even more limitless lmao
Warning: kinda effed up content but the flow/beat and overall story's told within are amazingly awsome

Oh wow. Wow!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOVE it.

BEAUTIFUL!! OMG I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing, hadn't seen that before.
I LOVE classical music, i remember in 5th grade we had a field trip to see an orchestra. Of course being the 5th grade boy I was, I was thinking "wtf why are we doing this" well leaving, It had me absolutely enthralled and wanting more. I'm a novice music fan in that I'm absolutely terrible at remembering names of songs and writers, I'll listen to something dozens and dozens of times before I remember who wrote it but I can just throw classical music into youtube and enjoy it for hours. There's a reason it's called classic-al. Anyways, of all the pieces I've heard, this certainly ranks among the top. I was expecting something weird and not all that great, but then I heard this, and just WOW, I loved it. Unfortunately I'm basically unable to cry, but the feels I get from this piece are there, it just moves me like very few songs do. There's a few that just get me. Moonlight Sonata is probably my favorite and to expand to other genres Under Pressure is one that I've almost had to pull over while driving when it came on. This hits that same list of favorites. The Song I linked from Kid Cudi earlier (Soundtrack 2 my life) is another. I haven't cried for over 10 years now, but those still choke me up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm so far behind... lmao
Tried to learn some arabic, but my mouth simply can't do that. Still yet to meet an Islamic person my age that wasn't one of my favorite people I've ever met, just all so nice and genuine.
I worked with a couple guys from Egypt. VERY inimidating looking. Always mean looking, always shouting at each other in Arabic. Big ol' teddy bears. Two of the greatest people I've ever known. There was a highly diverse group of co-workers there. Albanian, Somalian, Egyptian, Bosnian. Indian, Asian and American. The rudest bunch.... American. Sorry, but true.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm so far behind... lmao

I worked with a couple guys from Egypt. VERY inimidating looking. Always mean looking, always shouting at each other in Arabic. Big ol' teddy bears. Two of the greatest people I've ever known. There was a highly diverse group of co-workers there. Albanian, Somalian, Egyptian, Bosnian. Indian, Asian and American. The rudest bunch.... American. Sorry, but true.
Thank you, I'm always happy to hear about others experiencing the same thing.

On another note other languages are often misinterpreted by those that don't know them. What seems like aggressive speech can sometimes be nothing of the sort. Not always sometimes it's simply cultural differences or just aggressive talk. it's not to be taken in a vacuum. But point is that languages are diverse. For example Vietnamese emphasis plays a huge role in what a word means. Where you place that emphasis changes the sound into a different word. So it's easy to misinterpret. Languages, words, connotations, all this fascinates me. If I had the drive I'd love to learn more languages but I have enough trouble with English (my native language) and learning German (it's DEUTSCHE !!!)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
These 2 Egyptian guys fought like brothers. Their story is crazy. I asked them how long they'd known each other, did they grow up together... they met at work. They flew to America for asylum, at about the same time (same month), they both lived in Cairo. They didn't know each other at all until they started working there... at the same time. CRAZY.

I said to them, so you both left Egypt at the same time, landed jobs at the same place, at the same time and you CHOSE Louisville, KY??!!! Dude.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These 2 Egyptian guys fought like brothers. Their story is crazy. I asked them how long they'd known each other, did they grow up together... they met at work. They flew to America for asylum, at about the same time (same month), they both lived in Cairo. They didn't know each other at all until they started working there... at the same time. CRAZY.

I said to them, so you both left Egypt at the same time, landed jobs at the same place, at the same time and you CHOSE Louisville, KY??!!! Dude.
Hey speaking of lousiville. I'll be there in the beginning of April for a tech n9ne/ strange music concert

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't been out your way in a while! I was born in Carrollton, close to Madison, I think. I wouldn't remember, lol.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been out your way in a while! I was born in Carrollton, close to Madison, I think. I wouldn't remember, lol.
Lmao yup about 20 mins to carrol county courthouse. It lterally takes me longer to walk to the truck and put the key in then to be in ky

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"'Cross the stream" in this case don't think I would want to try swimming across the Ohio right now though

Wise decision. Such a shame, too. The riverfront is so beautiful in the summer. Now they've got those bridges and walkways done and punks be trippin and fighting each other. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors