Become a Patron!

Who loves ROOT BEER?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I know I mention it somewhere every time I vape it, but Tasty Puff Rasta Root Beer is one perfect flavor. Mine came from here: http://www.ecigexpress.com/rasta-rootbeer-by-tasty-puff.html

It's sweet and has that bubbly effect, smells and tastes like the real deal. Other brands I tried weren't even close. TFA is especially horrible, in my opinion. Flavor West pales next to Tasty Puff's version.

It's NOT a strong flavor. 8-10% suits me fine, about 3-4 times as much as I usually use of FlavourArt flavorings. Here is my perfect float:

A&W Float
8% Tasty Puff Root Beer
2% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
absolutely a shake-and-vape; tastes just like a scoop of vanilla ice cream in an A & W Root Beer.

REQUIRES GLASS! Don't even try a tiny bit in a plastic tank; it will destroy it. Obviously, it contains triacetin. Nope, no ingredient info is available. I don't personally detect any custard note ingredients (not likely with this flavor profile). It's a great occasional treat - very realistic and so sweet.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been looking for a good root beer since the day I started DIY'ing. Tried every variation I could dream of with TFA and FW and nothing was ever more than 'just barely vapeaple'. TP Rasta Rootbeer just made my next order from ECX.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
every time I remember to get this Its out of stock. just put in 3 different orders last week and didnt remember this and its in stock now lol.

LuLu78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I LOVE root beer! The closest I have gotten to an all day vape is TFA root beer float, TFA vanilla bean ice cream and FA vanilla classic.

My husband is after a perfect chocolate vape, FA chocolates are not doing it for him :( So I threw together a random assortment of chocolates with English toffee and he loved it. Tonight he mixed up the bottles of chocolate and root beer when he went to refill so ended up with a combo of the two. It was amazing!!! Who knew chocolate and root beer would go so well together!!

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh man , i'm salivating heavily as we speak , sounds fantastic .

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered this on your recommendation a while back but haven't mixed it. You've twisted my arm. I'll be mixing this up in a bit.

Thanks for the reminder HIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just did a mix shake and vape. That's a pretty stout root beer mix for you isn't it HIC ?

It's pretty good.

I tried to trick my wife and have her vape it ( she detests root beer)

She walked into the office and said " hey, I smell root beer !! Lol..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I ordered this on your recommendation a while back but haven't mixed it. You've twisted my arm. I'll be mixing this up in a bit.

Thanks for the reminder HIC

we are all waiting thunderball ........ whats the verdict lol

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
we are all waiting thunderball ........ whats the verdict lol

It's definitely root beer. Y'all give me a minute. This stuff is potent. I'm gonna keep vaping it and let the cotton settle down.

It's like a really high quality root beer. Don't get me wrong, this shit is good.

Im gonna back off the root beer a bit before I let you know. I think I'll go down to 6% . Be right back.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Mixed at 6% root beer and left the Vienna cream at 2%.

It's the best root beer I've made or vaped. It's very sweet and that sudsy bite part of the other root beers that we have all made is a bit different here. It's something besides the wintergreen that we all add. Can't put
My finger on it. A touch of licorice In the background as well? I guess that's In all root beers.

The more I vape it, I'm actually getting that root beer "flim" taste I'm my throat.

I have an 8% and a 6% mix in drippers In front of me. They are both good, but the 8% is a bit strong for me to vape it any length of time. The 8 will be great for a new vapor.

I'm enjoying the 6% mix. I would trade anyone a new 4 oz bottle of TFA root beer for 30 ml of this Rasta Rootbeer..... And I make a pretty decent TFA Rootbeer.

Thanks HIC

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to be so chatty about this. Its been 20 minutes since my last post and now im liking the 8% mix better. :rolleyes::eek::)

Im not gonna say Hic is right again....... (Yet) ....... But I probably will tomorrow :D

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to make another flavor order today....

Caps root beer is meh.
TFA is yucko.
FW is okay after 3 months.

Hoping this one is good.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oooh this sounds awesome! Any other flavors by Tasty Puff I should be ordering?!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Talon4x4 , none of the other Tasty Puff flavorings have interested me enough to try. I have a feeling root beer is the star of their collection.

@Cramptholomew , I predict you'll call it "the bacon of root beers" - I think you'll be very impressed.

@Thunderball , maybe dripping makes it taste stronger? I'm using a glass tank, nothing fancy or powerful.

Reminder to use glass!! If you have a plastic tank that's wrecked already, put of drop of this flavoring on it, and you'll see why I keep saying that.

Tasty Puff flavors were made after the ban on flavored cigs - to spray onto the cigarette paper before smoking. I'd rather have my root beer straight up without the burning tobacco. :D

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the Flavor west root beer float version with VBIC, Wintergreen and Vanillin added - I like it..
I will have to try yours.. I started with a root beer float made by Mom and Pops shop over a year ago.
Thanks HIC :cool:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Flavor west root beer float version with VBIC, Wintergreen and Vanillin added - I like it..
I will have to try yours.. I started with a root beer float made by Mom and Pops shop over a year ago.
Let us know what you think when you get it.... Comparatively.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's one (TP Rasta) I don't have, and I'll be just getting new mail from ECX tomorrow, so I'll be another week before I can gather enough wants to buy it.
I do like a great A&W root beer float !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Flavor West Root Beer Float with various vanilla-cream additions was my previous version, too. This is much better.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mine says out for delivery. cant wait to try this. I have this friend that loves root beer and I have yet to make one he really really likes. he very picky about his root beer apparently. I think oddly enough that loranns root beer was his favorite one. I love me some root beer to so I already know this little bottle of flavoring is going to go fast.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm. I haven't tried the Lorann's root beer. Not sure that I need to, but I think I need to.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my search for root beer is over. this is it. been looking for a year for this. I agree about the mouth feeling. this is like chugging root beer, or those barrel candies.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Did you mix at 8% as well ?

yup. I dont know if Ill vape anything else tonight. I was going to play around but Im digging this. just 8% root beer no additions yet

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got it at 7% with 1% vanilla classic and 1% fresh cream. I've got a case of overloaded olfactory senses, and this root beer is the only thing I can taste. I can't even taste TFA absinthe at 6%.

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I'm gonna see if I can pick it up at their store front. 8% and 1% Bread crust.......:confused:o_O
MBV root beer I think is FW. Root beer is one of those flavors I chased like apple. Since FA Fuji that quest is over. I keep a 50ml bottle on hand.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECX is oos on the TP Rasta Root Beer:(

TFA Root Beer Float isn't too bad though IMO.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, I'm gonna see if I can pick it up at their store front. 8% and 1% Bread crust.......:confused:o_O
MBV root beer I think is FW. Root beer is one of those flavors I chased like apple. Since FA Fuji that quest is over. I keep a 50ml bottle on hand.

Get ready for your search to be over.... My MBV Rootbeer is in the crapper

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just did a mix shake and vape. That's a pretty stout root beer mix for you isn't it HIC ?

It's pretty good.

I tried to trick my wife and have her vape it ( she detests root beer)

She walked into the office and said " hey, I smell root beer !! Lol..

What !!!, who detest root beer , is that possible , where do they find these people lol, never heard of anything so ridiculous .

Kidding of course , well somewhat .

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like to add tfa sassafras to tfa root beer, but then I add other things in there too.. ;)

I even made a huge pile up of root beer cookies last night :)

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This flavor is awesome but 8% is a bit too much to use in my dripper. Gonna have to try this in a tank tomorrow.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huck kindly sent me a bottle with the recipe made up, except I asked for 6% root beer. I tried it in my Reo with an RDA at just under 1.0 ohm - pretty strong stuff! Root beer fans will love it, I think!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amanda, if you haven't already, you could split it up into 2 or even 3. I'm still getting the taste in these other mixes very well at 1 & 2 %. Crazy.

VU Sponsors