Become a Patron!

Who loves ROOT BEER?

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
Stupid me--Bought the TP root beer an a whim and vaped a couple tanks--I liked it but definitely not an all day vape for me-- never occurred to me to mix it with anything--the vienna cream combo is now steeping--thanks to HIC

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has any one tried sassafras or sarsaparilla from NF? Or is it pointless to try because TP Rasta Root Beer will win every time?

daddybizzle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Flavor west root beer float version with VBIC, Wintergreen...

I use Wintergreen with my Root Beer recipes as well. IMO it helps tone down and bring out a truer RB flavor. Very small amounts.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
last 3 ordering attempts - been out of stock at ECX - can you guys think about holding out for a bit so I get some of the good stuff too ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As much as this pains me to say, I got mine off eBay.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know I mention it somewhere every time I vape it, but Tasty Puff Rasta Root Beer is one perfect flavor. Mine came from here: http://www.ecigexpress.com/rasta-rootbeer-by-tasty-puff.html

It's sweet and has that bubbly effect, smells and tastes like the real deal. Other brands I tried weren't even close. TFA is especially horrible, in my opinion. Flavor West pales next to Tasty Puff's version.

It's NOT a strong flavor. 8-10% suits me fine, about 3-4 times as much as I usually use of FlavourArt flavorings. Here is my perfect float:

A&W Float
8% Tasty Puff Root Beer
2% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
absolutely a shake-and-vape; tastes just like a scoop of vanilla ice cream in an A & W Root Beer.

REQUIRES GLASS! Don't even try a tiny bit in a plastic tank; it will destroy it. Obviously, it contains triacetin. Nope, no ingredient info is available. I don't personally detect any custard note ingredients (not likely with this flavor profile). It's a great occasional treat - very realistic and so sweet.
I love AW rootbeer with the frosty mug I have vailed miserably trying to make a juice with it so many variations but I admit I have not messed with it in a year sounds yummy

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why does that pain you, Huck? It's cheapest there!

Never thought about ordering off e bay , do you get flavors from there? I have a question if you don't mind (yeah, i know , when don't i have a question) anyways , what do you think the Sassafras flavor goes with?

Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Never thought about ordering off e bay , do you get flavors from there? I have a question if you don't mind (yeah, i know , when don't i have a question) anyways , what do you think the Sassafras flavor goes with?

I don't order flavors there, but when I need more Rasta Root Beer, that's where I'll head. When ecx quit carrying it, I looked to find the best source, and ebay vendors were cheapest by far.

Sassafras....and sweetener? To me, it's an old-fashioned candy flavor, like horehound. I know some people mix flavors like that to fix crappy root beer flavors, but with Rasta, I don't need to do that. (TFA Root Beer is a lost cause in my opinion.)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Same here. I've only ordere Rasta from eBay, no other flavors. I have gotten protanks there.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ebay can be a scary place. But, yes, the price was very good.

I laughed when I received it. One bottle, tossed in a 5x7 (or so) envelope. No bubble wrapping, no notes from vendor. Ecig vendors spoil us, lol. There were no leaks, so that was surprising.

Nothing scary about eBay if you're a buyer. You're totally covered. Any conflicts on eBay are decided to the buyer's advantage. Just ask any eBay seller.

Last edited:

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Steeping a combination of TFA Root Beer (s)

Their new one https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7272-root-beer-flavor-tri.aspx plus their original.

New flavour is still separating though >.< small clear layer floating on top. Tried adding some PGA and warm water bath / shaking, but not homogeneous yet

I think they will take some serious time to mellow, with the help of a decent amount of EM and EV added.

After that, I will try 14% - 7% dilutions and various 30ml mixers of them added together at different ratios. Plus ~ 4% TFA French Vanilla Cream.

Will post up some results, but thinking 2 week minimum bulk steeping.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Steeping a combination of TFA Root Beer (s)

Their new one https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7272-root-beer-flavor-tri.aspx plus their original.

New flavour is still separating though >.< small clear layer floating on top. Tried adding some PGA and warm water bath / shaking, but not homogeneous yet

I think they will take some serious time to mellow, with the help of a decent amount of EM and EV added.

After that, I will try 14% - 7% dilutions and various 30ml mixers of them added together at different ratios. Plus ~ 4% TFA French Vanilla Cream.

Will post up some results, but thinking 2 week minimum bulk steeping.

Rasta needs no steep. ...just sayin'

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Wish I had read this 2 weeks ago lol. Will work with my TFA flavours, and if it's a bust, I have your great advice :)

Keep reading that wintergreen is a great addition to RB, in small %s. Is there something I can use as a substitution ?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I popped in here looking for another version of a Root Beer Float. Thanks HIC. I made this in my long running 10 ml Root Beer e-liquid bottle.
Next batch will go in a larger bottle.

I must be one of the few that like TFA's Root Beer. My opinion is that is it is more like a "natural" root beer and does not do very well as a float. I do make mine with 1.5% TFA Wintergreen. It does need to steep a week or 2 for best flavor.
Tasty Puff is closer to a regular soda flavor.

I like both, but I happened to have some Vienna Cream on hand and the Tasty Puff Rasta Root Beer. Yay. A recipe that I can whip out without having to go shopping.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
The 'original' and 'Tri-version' TFA Root beers seem to be favoring different spices

I smell heavy ginger in one, heavier anise/licorice root in another

Original seems more balanced as a whole. It's been about 10 days of steeping, Triacetin does not seem to mix into VG well at all :( Still have a clear floating layer

Think I'll get sampling/mixing this weekend!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to add I just got TP Rasta Root beer from local head shop. They had all the TP flavors if your having a hard time getting it online or don't want to place an order for one bottle that is an option. Like 4 bucks which made me want to stab myself in the face, but I got it in my hand right there so whatever.Anyway tonite is root beer nite! Gonna try it with Vienna and maybe vanilla bean ice cream and maybe simply vanilla just cuz I've been loving that shit lately. Thanks to HIC for turning me on to this flavor never would have thought to use it otherwise.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just to add I just got TP Rasta Root beer from local head shop. They had all the TP flavors if your having a hard time getting it online or don't want to place an order for one bottle that is an option. Like 4 bucks which made me want to stab myself in the face, but I got it in my hand right there so whatever.Anyway tonite is root beer nite! Gonna try it with Vienna and maybe vanilla bean ice cream and maybe simply vanilla just cuz I've been loving that shit lately. Thanks to HIC for turning me on to this flavor never would have thought to use it otherwise.

Far as I know, everyone who has tried it liked it. Lucky you can get it locally! 4 bucks isn't much if you love it.

Any root beer flavoring already has a lot of vanilla flavor in it - and Vienna Cream does an awesome job of bringing it out and making it creamy.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Made your 8/2 variation and I get root beer barrels. EXACTLY! Real good, but not quite what I want. I want that all the ice cream has melted and I'm just drinking that awesomeness that left kinda thing. I'm hoping I can get there fairly easily so i got like 6 different ones going now to see what pans out. As good as the TP is, shouldn't be too tough.Thanks as always HIC

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Side note on my experiment:

TFA Rootbeer works much better with vinegar added. Mutes the flavours that they went overboard on

But since I use 80%+ VG it is difficult to get big taste after muting via vinegar + EM

Made some 0% nic for a buddy, and tasting a drop of it is quite nice after the mods. It is hard to get that same flavour from vaping :/

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep seeing this thread and wanted to mention I love A&W like when i was a kid and you drove up and had a cold drink but any rootbeer since then does not taste like it. And no I cannot make it correctly either

I found this thread after doing some google searching. I just got rasta rootbeer last night and have been wanting to find a good rootbeer flavor. I think I have found it it is pretty amazing. Im working on a rootbeer float but more on the ice cream side. Even at 5% mixed the rootbeer was way to strong.

Going to try again tonight and start with 2% and an ice cream base I have...but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for a really creamy root beer float?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found this thread after doing some google searching. I just got rasta rootbeer last night and have been wanting to find a good rootbeer flavor. I think I have found it it is pretty amazing. Im working on a rootbeer float but more on the ice cream side. Even at 5% mixed the rootbeer was way to strong.

Going to try again tonight and start with 2% and an ice cream base I have...but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for a really creamy root beer float?
I've been working with this flavor for a while now. I'm with you that it's strong. I have been able to calm it down using it at 2%, but it's still very dominant to me. I'm not giving up. I'm determined to come up with something ultra super tasty with it. It's a PERFECT rootbeer, just very strong to me, too.

Yea it is strong but alot better then the TFA rootbeer...when i first started mixing I wasnt sure on percentages so I mixed TFA rootbeer at 7%...spot on lemon furniture cleaner. Not surer where the lemon came from but it was terrible.

Maybe Ill start at 1% tonight, i can always add. Im not looking for an in your face rootbeer. I want a subtle root beer with in your face vanilla ice cream. :) Thanks for the reply.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Out of stock already :( Thanks for the heads up, though!

Actually, you probably lucked out by it being OOS. I ordered 3 bottles and two of them had less than 1/3 of stated volume (.25 oz) and the other one, less than 1/4th. They also smell a bit off to me and it seems clear that they are VERY old stock. There was no leaking in the bag they came in so they were this way prior to packaging and shipping. I noticed it immediately and frankly, I cannot fathom how it wasn't obvious to the individual who packed the items also.

I contacted the company and they did refund me 3 bucks ( woohoo ), not that I asked for it but what irritated me is that they immediately closed the ticket without further dialogue. Basically, they just said "Sorry, here's 3 bucks, later" but perhaps I expect too much. :rolleyes:

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woah woah woah...is this the same tasty puff whose flavors I used too see on display at head shops...sold as flavor enhancers for "tobacco products" ?? Looking at the site it seems so LOL. Either way I'm going to try it

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Woah woah woah...is this the same tasty puff whose flavors I used too see on display at head shops...sold as flavor enhancers for "tobacco products" ?? Looking at the site it seems so LOL. Either way I'm going to try it

Yes, same stuff. eBay has been another source for some people - and usually at a good price.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c344f62bc75dc89e8262c36df2371be949077f6d8bdcbf79bb4a7a0e1912ea81.jpg

Lol, sorry. I just can't do it...

I LOVE root beer! The closest I have gotten to an all day vape is TFA root beer float, TFA vanilla bean ice cream and FA vanilla classic.

My husband is after a perfect chocolate vape, FA chocolates are not doing it for him :( So I threw together a random assortment of chocolates with English toffee and he loved it. Tonight he mixed up the bottles of chocolate and root beer when he went to refill so ended up with a combo of the two. It was amazing!!! Who knew chocolate and root beer would go so well together!!

Love your recipe and would like to share another one that is an all day for me.

mix your base with 8 chocolate 6 rootbeer 2 banana. been on this for a month now and just cant go to anything else so far. cheers!

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping a cola flavor and like it but it could be a little better. Been thinking about rootbeer. Going back to the top and check it out. Thx!

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
I finally broke down and ordered TFA wintergreen. Man its a solid all day vape. So much so, I forgot why I bought it lol!

Tested my 'v4' rootbeer with 2 steeped TFA mixed at 70/30 (plain rootbeer /triacetyl rootbeer) and added a 1/3 volume of 7% mixed wintergreen and a shot of French Vanilla. Squirt of Stevia and voila, finally a rounded profile. Bit of a float element, but no aggressive licorice or fake tastes.

I dunno if I'd recommend it, due to effort... lol. But I am very happy with now. And glad all my materials are useful

Played around with cream of tartar a bit too. You think that is the 'bubbly' element?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll get nailed to the forum wall for this, but I brought the Lorann's root beer out of the "trash box" to make this and...... I'M SORRY, BUT IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!! :eek::D:D

VU Sponsors