Why are they called ecigs?

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by cigarbabe, Jun 28, 2014.

1. jvsurfvape

jvsurfvape New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    because its working princple is using electronic battery to light the coil for vaporize the e-liquid, so it is named electronic cigarette :giggle:

2. hollynorth

hollynorth Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    An electronic cigarette or e-cigarette is a handheld electronic device that creates an aerosol by heating a liquid. The user then inhales the aerosol. Using e-cigarettes is sometimes called vaping. The liquid in the e-cigarette, called e-liquid, is usually made of nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerine, and flavorings.Not all e-liquids contain nicotine. The health risks of e-cigarettes are uncertain. They are likely safer than tobacco cigarettes, E-cigarettes can help some smokers quit.

jvsurfvape likes this.
  3. BCBuch

BCBuch Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Interesting read. I don't really care what they are called. Vaporizer or Rig works for me. They don't produce smoke they produce vapor. So for all intents and purposes vaping is what I'm doing now not smoking. If you smoke and are using a rig to quit - Good For You!!!! If you are into vaping and have never smoked, but like the hobby side of it, or the flavors you can enjoy - Good for you!!!!

End of the day I am using my rig for a couple of reasons. First is to get off tobacco. Second I was in a motorcycle wreck in '08 where I lost my since of smell and taste. In the process of trying to find something I could taste I put on about 70 - 80 lbs. I have regained a portion of my ability to taste, but the ability to smell only comes along very occasionally and only for brief moments. When it happens I do not know what the smell is because I have forgotten what things smell like. So I figure quit smoking and in time I might actually regain a percentage of my ability to smell which will make what I can taste, taste even better. Right now though I can use my rig to quit smoking, enjoy the flavors that I can taste while vaping which will help me cut down on the munching. So with a little determination I can use this device to get back a part of my life and enjoy the process.

I will leave the semantics of what they are called or what the process of using them is called up to someone else to figure out that care about that stuff more than I do.

4. levis

levis New Member

Blog Posts:
    just saw another post said don't use the term e-cig before i read this, good aiticle, i'll follow you:)

Jonnystevenson likes this.
  5. Jonnystevenson

Jonnystevenson New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
  6. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    who cares....the industry grew from nothing to a multi-billion dollar industry under the title of e-cigs.I don't think it matters a fig what it is called.

7. Elin Hu

Elin Hu New Member

Blog Posts:
    Nice Article!

8. NineNine

NineNine New Member

Blog Posts:
    Agree 100%.