Become a Patron!

Why does EVERYONE seem to use the Wismex DNA200/ RX200?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Better how? I have a DNA200 Realeaux. And another DNA200 mod.I was an Early Adopter on the DNA200. My DNAs are now backups. I cant see giving them to new vapers, and I was gifted back the Realaux DNA200 when the recipient purchased a RX200S, as the screen was easier for her to see.

As far as "investing" I have no comment to make. I do not intend on reselling my mods, I use them, or give them away.

The DNA200 is more accurate. So far. IF that is your sole criteria for choosing a mod. After the next Wismec upgrade, who knows if that will remain true?

I don't intend on buying another Evolv board. I am disgusted by their suing Wismec, in a sad effort to better position themselves with the FDA. That disgusts me, almost as much as the patent trolling aspect of the suit. The chip has dual voltage converters, the same as a great many other mods do. Evolve was hardly the first.

I get that one can fritter away many hours playing around with Light Scribe, but an open source equivalent for the RXs is on the way.

The better mod, as I see it has one primary criteria. How many people is it keeping off the stinkys?

The RX series outsells the DNA200 mods by over 10 to 1. There is a reason for that.

My RX, and RXS are not just my 2 favorite mods, but the 2 best electronic items of any sort I've purchased in the last year.

I don't want to get to involved in this thread, but The one thing i wanted to point out was sales is the worst argument to bring into anything. Subpar products regularly outsell much better ones. Iphones despite being a poor product still outsell every other phone, Betas headphones depsite being a poor product outsell much better performing headphones. Consumers as a whole are very uninformed and usually inflated specs, good advertising, looks, and price point, will lead to better sales then quality could ever produce.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand they're a solid device, but it seems like EVERYONE I know uses them. I just want to know what makes them better than any other mods.
I like the solid look' of them. It's almost the perfect form factor IMO! The Rx200 only cost 50 bucks and you get allot of Power. The DNA version is 100 plus dollars I don't own one of those.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't want to get to involved in this thread, but The one thing i wanted to point out was sales is the worst argument to bring into anything. Subpar products regularly outsell much better ones. Iphones despite being a poor product still outsell every other phone, Betas headphones depsite being a poor product outsell much better performing headphones. Consumers as a whole are very uninformed and usually inflated specs, good advertising, looks, and price point, will lead to better sales then quality could ever produce.

I don't want to get to involved in this thread

Somewhat disingenuous on your part don't you think? Or were you forced to hit the enter key against your will? If you are under duress, or in distress, type a string of smileys, and I'll have a Mod sent some help....:D

The better mod, as I see it has one primary criteria. How many people is it keeping off the stinkys?

So I assume you found your RX to be subpar?

Please elaborate. Or is this just another non-owner snob compulsively shitting on a well loved product they don't own?

If so,you wouldn't be the first.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Somewhat disingenuous on your part don't you think? Or were you forced to hit the enter key against your will? If you are under duress, or in distress, type a string of smileys, and I'll have a Mod sent some help....:D

So I assume you found your RX to be subpar?

Please elaborate. Or is this just another non-owner snob compulsively shitting on a well loved product they don't own?

If so,you wouldn't be the first.
I said too involved, I didn't say not involved at all. I just dislike the sales argument as a barometer for anything. 99 out of 100 times, the best selling product is not the best product

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Perhaps that is what you meant.

An argument I must have missed. As I missed your specific complaints about the RX....
I was an o short on my "too" lol
I didn't make any complaints about it in the thread. I was just replaying to when you said that "it outsells it 10 to 1 and there is a reaosn for that" that that reason wouldn't have anything to do with quality. It's mostly due to price point and power. a 250 watt mod at 40 bucks to most people would be a more attractive buy then a 200 watt mode for 100 bucks.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
At the end of the day, unless you're a consumer who only buys items if recommended by Consumer Reports, we all base our purchase decisions on our individual opinions, tastes, and budgets. To me, the extra spent on a DNA based mod is worth it as I like the feature set and I enjoy playing with eScribe. Doesn't mean anyone else here needs to feel the same. It's my money and I'll spend it how I see fit. It's no different than my failing to understand how someone can spend $500 on a mech mod. It's a tube with a switch and maybe a connector if it isn't a hybrid. But just because that's not for me doesn't mean there's not a viable market for that, or that if someone should choose to go that route there's anything wrong with it.

And it's no different here. I just chose to get a 200S and I'm enjoying it right now. It doesn't make me feel bad about any other mods I've spent money on. I do think this is a good value for the feature set and price point. It is still a mass marketed consumer product so while I hope it stands up to heavy use, if it doesn't, it's not going to be the end of the world. Doesn't mean I'd be happy about it, though. I have a range of mods from different manufacturers, from inexpensive to expensive. Each serves a function for me, and I don't regret any of my current purchases. I think that's about the best any customer for any product can expect.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that that reason wouldn't have anything to do with quality.

I dispute that.

Quality and value for the dollar are precisely why is sells so well. Had my first for over a year, and it not only continues to function, but just keeps getting better and better, and has more and more features. Unlike my DNA products from the shamefully litigious Evolv.

One of the very few products that do.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have both Reuleaux's. I love them both for different reasons. The DNA I love because of the TC, Escribe, and overall quality of the board. It's my all day premium mod. I love my RX because it's my beater mod. It does everything I need it to do. It's my take fishing, go to the bar, leave in the car, all day I don't give a shit mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I dispute that.

Quality and value for the dollar are precisely why is sells so well. Had my first for over a year, and it not only continues to function, but just keeps getting better and better, and has more and more features. Unlike my DNA products from the shamefully litigious Evolv.

One of the very few products that do.
Value yes, that was my point. it's a cheap mod that has a lot of power and does a decent job at TC. But I'd hardly call it a quality product. The chipset itself is average, The wiring is too small inside to handle the amp load, and the 510 pin is not very good and is known to have issues. On top of that wismec refused to warranty the pin if you "use a non wismec atty" But to my point, the average consumer wouldn't know about the wiring, the 510 pin or the warranty. They would see 40 bucks for a 250 watt device and jump on it. I'm not saying the mod is bad, it has good value and does a good enough job for what it is, But there is a clear quality difference between it and most more expensive mods. The IPV5 for the same price is an overall better device, but is limited to 200 watts. most people will take the higher watt option even though they don't use it. The G2 for about 20 bucks more is a much better overall device and way better quality with better warranty support but is 171 watts. The average consumer would pick the RX over those 2 even though it is worse then both. So my main point was, the sales of the mod have nothing to do with the quality. Not to mention the new RX2/3 has issues using the 2 battery sled due to it's poor quality. It's great for a cheap throwaway buy another one if it breaks device, But it's not what I would call a quality mod.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, this is really no different than the old Provari vs everything else arguments. The object may or may not be objectively worth whatever its price is... but the fact is, the price is whatever the market will bear -- if someone is willing to pay $200 for something when they could get something nearly as good for $50, then if the manufacturer can deliver something that someone will pay $200 for, they're smart, and deserve every penny they can get. I recognize that a BMW is a fine automobile which will almost certainly never be within my means to buy -- that doesn't lessen its value to others who may have the means to buy it.

Andria

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Y'know, this is really no different than the old Provari vs everything else arguments. The object may or may not be objectively worth whatever its price is... but the fact is, the price is whatever the market will bear -- if someone is willing to pay $200 for something when they could get something nearly as good for $50, then if the manufacturer can deliver something that someone will pay $200 for, they're smart, and deserve every penny they can get. I recognize that a BMW is a fine automobile which will almost certainly never be within my means to buy -- that doesn't lessen its value to others who may have the means to buy it.

Andria

Exactly. Although Provaris have shown they stand the test of time for most buyers. If you can get away with the wattage offered (which were "high power" when they were first introduced) you can still buy them, although you can get them for a lot less than the original prices. And while BMW does build a fine car, it doesn't mean you have to buy it even if you do have the means, only the desire. Some people appreciate it, and some just want reliable transportation. Same like this, a simple affordable mod that will let you vape, or an expensive bells and whistles mod just because you appreciate it, even though it may be no more than 5% better performing (if that) than the less expensive options.

Reminds me of the audiophile days. If you ever got caught up in that, you know there was a money sink unmatched to this day.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So a product cannot be of quality unless it is expensive. Go fuck your hats. If the RX was $1500 the snobs would be extolling their virtues.

The Emperor is wearing no clothes. Fuck Sig, Pro Vape, and particularly those FDA badge lickers at Evolv.

The audiophile analogy is perfect. The most hardcore audiophiles, have the fewest recordings. In the real world I'll take a Sennheiser 451 over a studio Neumann on the road any day.

Try living with a electrostatic mic in anything but a clean room sometime. The 451 can and has mic'd a jet engine. Does it have specs as good as a studio Neumann? Fuck no. Does it cost less? Thousands. Does that mean it is not a quality piece of equipment?

Only to those snobs that read too many articles, and watch too much Youtube.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So a product cannot be of quality unless it is expensive. Go fuck your hats. If the RX was $1500 the snobs would be extolling their virtues.

The Emperor is wearing no clothes. Fuck Sig, Pro Vape, and particularly those FDA badge lickers at Evolv.

The audiophile analogy is perfect. The most hardcore audiophiles, have the fewest recordings. In the real world I'll take a Sennheiser 451 over a studio Neumann on the road any day.

Try living with a electrostatic mic in anything but a clean room sometime. The 451 can and has mic'd a jet engine. Does it have specs as good as a studio Neumann? Fuck no. Does it cost less? Thousands. Does that mean it is not a quality piece of equipment?

Only to those snobs that read too many articles, and watch too much Youtube.
Easy buddy. Big difference sienhouser makes good quality stuff while something like beats us overpriced crap. I never said quality = price by any means. A Honda civic is a quality car but a kia isn't. You don't need to have BMW to have a quality car. I never said that so please don't put words in my mouth. The rx is good for what you pay, but I don't think it's good quality. The wismec dna is priced as high as other dna but also worse quality. I'd take a hohm wrecker at half the price of a wismec dna. The avacado is a 25 dollar rdta, but it's good quality. Just as good as some 100 dollar ones. I'm not a snob by any means. I never personally paid more then 90 bucks for a mod or more then 40 for a rda. Just because I think wismec products aren't quality doesn't make me a snob, I did say they are good value. But the ipv5 for the same price is a much better quality mod. If someone asked me what mod they should buy for less then 50 bucks as their only mod for everyday use, I'd say an ipv5. The yihi chip is very good much better then the wismec. If you like wismec there is nothing wrong with that. The rx200 and rx200s are good values for the money. But it's far from what I'd consider a quality mod. Especially with the thin wiring. Look at the wiring in the 171 watt g2 compared to the 250 watt rx200. Huge difference and it's only 20 bucks more, hardly a snobby price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA 200 version Is my favorite mod and I have $$$ customs. The RX200, 2/3 is the same body sans the better chip. AS with Manny great to make a custom box out of. It is worth it. The BS about the 510 and wiring is just that, BS. The mod is absolutely fine. Many other mods died on me but as Manny also stated this is very easily serviceable. Facilitating nearly constant Uptime. It has in fact broken many times and each time I repaired it in less than 1/2 an hour. I would agree Manny's Varitube is an upgrade but not really necessary unless you have a problem you cannot fix. The thing is solid. You can get different front and back for the RX and back from the set for the DNA. For instant custom but you can do much more customization than that if you have the will to do so. I find it to be the best designed mod I know of. Lending itself to all kinds of possibilities. Plus on HG2's it has about 30 Watt Hours. Almost no Lipo mod has that much. Then I just remove the bateries and charge them in 40 minutes at 2 Amps with Eluc. I find it after customization nearly perfect and the only mod I use now.

I hope that explains why Everyone has one. Except those that seem hell bent on bashing it. The people that are happy with them I am sure outweigh the latter.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
250 Watts, Manny? Is that with the new firmware update? Fuck! Hey Manny, LV can go fuck themselves in the ass!( That is between me and manny, okay? I am just joking).
I did an update and got 250watts, puff counter, now I can lock the ohms on TC, and on 316L SS the temperature control works !!!! Very accurate...... It sucked balls before !!!!!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
ffb7f525ceef3e08efe7627054a1578e.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is big and heavy but it fits the hand like a damn glove. Manny, I am a black guy. I need like Three woman to hold my cock! Easier said than done HAHA.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Motherfucker! Now I see why Evolv is suing their asses! They just totally fucked Evolv for $39. Maybe I go get one tomorrow. No need for Damn PC plus some people use a Mac anyhow.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The DNA 200 version Is my favorite mod and I have $$$ customs. The RX200, 2/3 is the same body sans the better chip. AS with Manny great to make a custom box out of. It is worth it. The BS about the 510 and wiring is just that, BS. The mod is absolutely fine. Many other mods died on me but as Manny also stated this is very easily serviceable. Facilitating nearly constant Uptime. It has in fact broken many times and each time I repaired it in less than 1/2 an hour. I would agree Manny's Varitube is an upgrade but not really necessary unless you have a problem you cannot fix. The thing is solid. You can get different front and back for the RX and back from the set for the DNA. For instant custom but you can do much more customization than that if you have the will to do so. I find it to be the best designed mod I know of. Lending itself to all kinds of possibilities. Plus on HG2's it has about 30 Watt Hours. Almost no Lipo mod has that much. Then I just remove the bateries and charge them in 40 minutes at 2 Amps with Eluc. I find it after customization nearly perfect and the only mod I use now.

I hope that explains why Everyone has one. Except those that seem hell bent on bashing it. The people that are happy with them I am sure outweigh the latter.
Never bashed it by any means. It's great I'd your looking for good battery life obviously but I have a different view. My friends broke down when he got his tfv8 and was vaping at 180 watts all day. Kept overheating on him and took a shit. More so I work in the power generation industry had an electrician rent a generator capable of 400 amps. I suggested he double up on the 4/0 cable as its rated at 400 amp max 360 constant. He was sure it would be fine. A licensed journeyman electrician. After about 2 weeks of running the cable literally melted. They had to pay to replace it had unncmecessary downtime and then had to go with the extra run as I suggested. People who aren't exposed to it everyday don't understand the importance of things like good contacts wire gauge maintenance on electrical equipment etc. I've seen people get arc flashed and it ain't pretty. I look at things being in this type of industry in that way. The wire size really bugs me. And the 510 pin, especially on the 140 dollar version. The cost is a few cents for better wire. You might be apt enough to repair or upgrade parts of your mod, but most people coming here for advice aren't you have to remember to look out for their best interest instead of pointing them to what works for you.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. I am an EE so obviously I do not have the stock wire or pin. You have a point. A lot of people would just use it stock. Could run into trouble if they actually used over 110W. So that is for the record. It is a nice platform to start modding or use it under 100W.

Yeah I dread when I get a call some idiot did not lock/tag out and got arc flashed. That's pretty fucked up to call his wife.

Manny, I meant I can't hold my dick not the RX200 LOL. If you are Latino I am sure you suffer from the same issue!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My buddy today says, Manny let me take a Vape, oh 85 watts yeah I can handle that...... But he didn't see the .17 ohm coil sign (8) wrap SS316L dual coils on a 4.5 mm drill bit......

He took like a (5) second pull and was like God damb man just got throat Fucked by the devil ...... Shit..... I feel like throwing up...... Funny.......

19d9a922717a4f44054c640d325a4fcb.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree. I am an EE so obviously I do not have the stock wire or pin. You have a point. A lot of people would just use it stock. Could run into trouble if they actually used over 110W. So that is for the record. It is a nice platform to start modding or use it under 100W.

Yeah I dread when I get a call some idiot did not lock/tag out and got arc flashed. That's pretty fucked up to call his wife.

Manny, I meant I can't hold my dick not the RX200 LOL. If you are Latino I am sure you suffer from the same issue!
Exactly there was an incident I believe 6 months or so ago when sometime tied in a rental during a PPO but back fed it to the grid and the sdge Tech replacing the transformer died when he powered it up due to that. Sure if you use the fat daddy 510 pin and upgrade the wire then you have a high quality device. Especially the dna version but most people coming here asking what to buy can hardly build a coil let along do that. So I always try to look out for what's best for them

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am running quad vertical Claptons at 75.2W. I can only hit like 1 second and it is like a steam train out of my throat.

This is a much better thread. We honestly were wrong to trash the other thread but it made me feel much better that I did HAHA.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am running quad vertical Claptons at 75.2W. I can only hit like 1 second and it is like a steam train out of my throat.

This is a much better thread. We honestly were wrong to trash the other thread but it made me feel much better that I did HAHA.
Lol its all good

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah i do not mean to suggest anything bad to anyone that buys a $39 mod. I am saying right now if you do not modify it do not run it over 100 watts! LI-ion is not some sort of joke to play with.

Yeah I had guys think something is depowered because some idiot did not tag it or they did tag it but did not lock it out and bam!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wire size really bugs me. And the 510 pin, especially on the 140 dollar version. The cost is a few cents for better wire.
It's just Joyetech/Wismec way of cutting corners, just wish they would cut other corners and not the safety/connectivity ones.

Yes I've got one of those wonky 510 mods (Cuboid), it still works, it serves it's purpose, I won't loose sleep if some juice sips down the 510, if I drop it and it breaks or if it suddenly stops working for no apparent reason.
No need to worry about it like I do for my DNA200s.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah i do not mean to suggest anything bad to anyone that buys a $39 mod. I am saying right now if you do not modify it do not run it over 100 watts! LI-ion is not some sort of joke to play with.

Yeah I had guys think something is depowered because some idiot did not tag it or they did tag it but did not lock it out and bam!
Yeah a good 510 and good wire you can run it 150 watts all day..... She doesn't even warm up......

And the RX200 isn't that big..... Here is a comparison with a pretty nice size tank.........

IMAG1970.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah my Tfv4 fucked the original 510 all up...... For real......

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has anybody here other than Manny and I taken one apart?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/reuleaux-rx-200.160496/page-28#post-873175

I have vaped mine (for science) at 200 watts. The stock wiring is barely adequate. But still adequate. And while not an electrical engineer, 250 watts at 12V is not going to harm anybody, so stop the fear mongering, or go back to school and learn about DC. Better still, grab each post of a 13.6V 750 amp car battery, and see what happens. Nothing.

The electric chair was invented by Edison to scare the masses away from AC power. A certain Mr. Tesla sold the patent to Westinghouse for 50K, and Edison's patents were all DC.

This mod will fall on its own sword before any harm could come to the user.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have vaped mine (for science) at 200 watts. The stock wiring is barely adequate. But still adequate. And while not an electrical engineer, 250 watts at 12V is not going to harm anybody, so stop the fear mongering, or go back to school and learn about DC. Better still, grab each post of a 13.6V 750 amp car battery, and see what happens. Nothing.

The electric chair was invented by Edison to scare the masses away from AC power. A certain Mr. Tesla sold the patent to Westinghouse for 50K, and Edison's patents were all DC.

Just take some screws from the battery tray and then 2 more and the tray and face pop out..... Not rocket science then change color screen and look at wiring Fuck it's simple.....

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A worker at my local pharmacy at CVS asked what I was doing with that ''Thing'' I was like it's to help me quit smoking, He said he see's people everywhere using the Rx200's I thought it was funny. I was like well I'm surprised the pharmacy doesn't sell them. It Worked I have not smoked in over a year. He thought it was a good idea. Everyone loves the look of the RX200's. Even non vapers.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's just Joyetech/Wismec way of cutting corners, just wish they would cut other corners and not the safety/connectivity ones.

Yes I've got one of those wonky 510 mods (Cuboid), it still works, it serves it's purpose, I won't loose sleep if some juice sips down the 510, if I drop it and it breaks or if it suddenly stops working for no apparent reason.
No need to worry about it like I do for my DNA200s.
Yup that's why most of us have backup mods. I have 1 dna mod. A vt133 and I baby it. It's wrapped and I only use it when I'm home and sober lol. I have 3 g2 mods and a couple other beaters I'll use for other times. I just worry about people who rely on 1 mod. Every week someone comes here with rx issues and every other week someone comes with a cubiod issue so that's why I don't recommend them to people who come here for advice. For me it's not a big deal of a mod breaks. I was without 1 of my 3 G2 mods for a week when I sent it out for warranty and they fixed it for free. New 510 pin, new fsk board, and they updated the firmware for me. All I paid was shipping. They stand behind their products. Wismec doesn't warranty crap. That makes a big difference to me

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I seen an idiot one time cut the lock off of our lock out tag out on an ATS. Why the fuck would anyone do that. Luckily he didn't get hurt but still. It's locked out for a reason

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just take some screws from the battery tray and then 2 more and the tray and face pop out..... Not rocket science then change color screen and look at wiring Fuck it's simple.....

I did a little more than that. Check the link.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah a good 510 and good wire you can run it 150 watts all day..... She doesn't even warm up......

And the RX200 isn't that big..... Here is a comparison with a pretty nice size tank.........

View attachment 62299

I'll take the one on the left please

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup that's why most of us have backup mods. I have 1 dna mod. A vt133 and I baby it. It's wrapped and I only use it when I'm home and sober lol. I have 3 g2 mods and a couple other beaters I'll use for other times. I just worry about people who rely on 1 mod. Every week someone comes here with rx issues and every other week someone comes with a cubiod issue so that's why I don't recommend them to people who come here for advice. For me it's not a big deal of a mod breaks. I was without 1 of my 3 G2 mods for a week when I sent it out for warranty and they fixed it for free. New 510 pin, new fsk board, and they updated the firmware for me. All I paid was shipping. They stand behind their products. Wismec doesn't warranty crap. That makes a big difference to me

My cuboid lasted a week, my Triade 29 days, my eleaf 200 watt TC, 16 days..... My RX200 almost a year old always there......

So I'm looking for another RX200... I like the small screen..... No RX*2/3 No RX200s maybe a first generation Reuleux DNA200......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

G2 good..... I have a guy selling me one a month old..... $52.00 Canadian dollars

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

That's not how it works. Car battery wire is rated for the CCA. Put some 16 Guage wire in place of the I believe 4 guage wire car batteries use and see what happens. Spoiler alert, it'll melt. Not only that but cross a battery positive and negative with a wrench spoiler alert it blows up, I seen mechanics do it by accident. Not pretty. Look how thick the wire is to your battery. Seriously go take a look it's that thick for a reason. Don't say it's not an issue. I've seen wire issues before. Go back and read my story in this thread about a journeyman electrician not being careful with wire size. The 2 people here who love the mod have upgraded their wire size and 510 pin. One of them said he self repaired his a few times as well. Safety is important. Look at all the idiots carrying around batteries in their pockets with keys and change making them explode. And it makes vaping look bad and give BT and BP ammo to ruin the industry, last thing we need is people blowing their faces off which has happened already and the industry will get shut down. Educating people is important.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
in a couple of facebook groups i frequent ive read some horror stories of these things melting down... mostly starting with insulation failure of the battery bay. dont know if its a fluke a lemon or a common occurance but definitely happens.
while personally i dont like to trust regulated devices, i choose not to use them and opt for mechanical aproach, its evident they have a large following.
not many conventional mods that provide more power and battery life for that price, i think that pretty much sums up its popularity. personally i dont think they look half bad either and have held one and it definitely feels good in the hands imo. its weighty, bulky, i like that in a mod.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors