Become a Patron!

why dont i see people ACTUALLY MODDING THIER MODS?!!.

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what I mean by this is. I see people have all kinds of set ups..that you can buy.. and sure people even build their own mods. I know a guy who builds lipo box mods that go up to 200 amps using a capacitor..shit that no one talks about.. it just seems like there aren't many people that actually fully know anything about electronics doing anything to their mods. no firmware hacks, no custom displays, adding a capacitor ect. no one seems to be smart enough to actually tinker with their shit it seems.. just like to toss stats and say how stupidly low their resistance gets.. but have no real idea of the electronics world.. IE bet you don't own a soldering gun with a 1 mill tip..

take this as a challenge to show me otherwise.. IE an Eleaf 100W hacked to do tc or run 150W's with custom wiring.. fuck linux on an SMY be cool.. COMMON REAL NERDS!!.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There was a 10 minute gap between the time you signed up for the forum and the time you posted this. I'm wondering what that 10 minute window was like for you. In my mind you're storming around your apartment waving your fists at a pile of iStick 30W's that you took apart for no good reason. And in my head they're all pink.

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im kinda new to vaping. but im a mechanic/oilfield operator by trade. and I like to modify everything I own from my s10 with a 480HP 350 small block to my galaxy s5 running a self made cm12 rom. i haven't tried to flash my eleaf 100W yet.. but i might make my own firmware for it if no one else will.. I just see a lot of un used potential in this scene..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
what I mean by this is. I see people have all kinds of set ups..that you can buy.. and sure people even build their own mods. I know a guy who builds lipo box mods that go up to 200 amps using a capacitor..shit that no one talks about.. it just seems like there aren't many people that actually fully know anything about electronics doing anything to their mods. no firmware hacks, no custom displays, adding a capacitor ect. no one seems to be smart enough to actually tinker with their shit it seems.. just like to toss stats and say how stupidly low their resistance gets.. but have no real idea of the electronics world.. IE bet you don't own a soldering gun with a 1 mill tip..

take this as a challenge to show me otherwise.. IE an Eleaf 100W hacked to do tc or run 150W's with custom wiring.. fuck linux on an SMY be cool.. COMMON REAL NERDS!!.
Its because we dont want the negativity for "what the baddies are looking for to use as fuel against us" replies and ect...I Create firmware edits and mods for ps3/psp/ other systems and games and Im currently playing around with the xcube's beta program, there's not much you can do besides screen imaging and making profiles but the functioning wont be different...
Hardware modding is done left and right but isn't thrown around because everyone wants a custom look and not to be copied from what Ive seen...
The challenge part of your post you edited in is going to be moot at best...These devices can not support 32/64 bit interfaces, the closest thing you could get out of these is a gameboy experience and that would be pointless. I dont think you understand how much memory is needed for a usable experience or to show off with and the time and effort to make any device use something that resembles Linux/Windows. Adding TC to a non TC device without swapping parts from a TC device or installing TC chip would be also pointless and time consumer for the capable people. There isn't much you can do with the chips in the devices as they are simple circuitry and dont use cpus/gpus and other needed essentials.

Last edited:

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the function can be different if you were to make your own rom chip. im not sure what most regulated mods use for chip sets or OS for i know it could be a simple linux kernal on something not much better than a ti 86. and im not sure if the current goes through the board or if it just monitors an analog wiring system.. id just like to see post of people tearing into their boxes.. maybe some how to of how to fix things. IE faulty battery contacts ect.

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its because we dont want the negativity for "what the baddies are looking for to use as fuel against us" replies and ect...I Create firmware edits and mods for ps3/psp/ other systems and games and Im currently playing around with the xcube's beta program, there's not much you can do besides screen imaging and making profiles but the functioning wont be different...
Hardware modding is done left and right but isn't thrown around because everyone wants a custom look and not to be copied from what Ive seen...

so basically your telling me it would only accept a form of script or a batch file.? i was thinking the firmware would kind of act like a BIOS. where you could push the allowable limits of the chip.. IE make it draw 150W's from the battery.. of course you need to have thicker wiring and what not.. but i just don't see stuff like that around. but i guess it depends on how these things work. its either an analog connection with a computer monitoring system or the current is directly going into the control board.. either way there should be a way to force a box to draw more current than intended. ..yes yes I know the nay sayers out there trying to ban shit.. but it shouldn't stop people from trying to experiment.. so long as you know what your doing

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
the function can be different if you were to make your own rom chip. im not sure what most regulated mods use for chip sets or OS for i know it could be a simple linux kernal on something not much better than a ti 86. and im not sure if the current goes through the board or if it just monitors an analog wiring system.. id just like to see post of people tearing into their boxes.. maybe some how to of how to fix things. IE faulty battery contacts ect.
Simple fixes like Terminals/Wiring can be done easily, the chips themselves are purpose built and without some swapping or extensive add ons you wont achieve what you are looking for in them....The cost would be many more times any chip on the market currently and it would be easier to buy a cellphone and add in a vaporizer. These chips only support what they show and most seem to be pushing the limits with what they currently have...Kamry chip is a good example, I would check out a DNA200 chip and explore the possibilities with that when tax time comes around.
I dont think the chips could even endure a simple .rpf file lol, maybe im not giving them enough credit but theres no way to run a bios or anything unless it sends a signal to another chip that would run it externally. The chips in these are very basic, similar to a modern day Atari 16 bit

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think i need to look at what these chips are first..from what you say im going to guess the board has the full battery current going through it and it uses some kind of resistor to displace amperage? is there a website that shows a schematic of one of these e cig chips?.

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
okay i did some googling and it looks like im gonna need to take out my PCB and build a "modchip" myself

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
fuck with the way they do it might be easier for me to modify a car battery into an vaporizer using the eprom out of car..

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
now thats an idea for a vape that almost never runs out.. fuck the 18650 and go for a giant lead acid bastard.. can put out 600 amps at 12 volts...make your atomizer the size of a fish bowl.. just use a wrench as your fire button....i think i may pick up one of those dna 200's and stuff it into my eleaf 100 with a lipo cell...cause why the fuck not...be like taking a honda civic and stuffing a big block 454 in it.. but meh

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
or find a dc to dc regulator that goes to 200 amps and use a lipo out of an rc car with a capacitor..

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
im gonna guess its a dna 200 chip with 3 18650s?

That's a good idea (I wonder if it'd fit), but no, it's empty with the original vamo chip.
I had thought of dual 18650s but it's a bit long. Now I'm into TC.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
now thats an idea for a vape that almost never runs out.. fuck the 18650 and go for a giant lead acid bastard.. can put out 600 amps at 12 volts...make your atomizer the size of a fish bowl.. just use a wrench as your fire button....i think i may pick up one of those dna 200's and stuff it into my eleaf 100 with a lipo cell...cause why the fuck not...be like taking a honda civic and stuffing a big block 454 in it.. but meh
7c897c0259624a39f540ff1a4bb25ca1.jpg

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i still think im going to put a dna 200 into my eleaf 100 with a lipo pack. unless there is a chip that can handle a 12volt lipo and use a capacitor. there has to be someone that has done that.. im sure you can run 500W's or more if you use a higher resistance coil

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im pretty sure ideas as such lead to the invention of an RDA.. think of it way back when the first pens came out.. someone was like eh..maybe i should make something that can haul ass and make my own burning element to do so..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Using Higher Resistance Coils you can use Higher Volts, but Watts wont be anywhere near 500W. I used to Vape with a Series Box (8.4V) and it ended up being around 50-90W max per build, might want to check out Ohms Law. You wouldnt want to Vape 12V at 500w unless your Car was the coil bud

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Using Higher Resistance Coils you can use Higher Volts, but Watts wont be anywhere near 500W. I used to Vape with a Series Box (8.4V) and it ended up being around 50-90W max per build, might want to check out Ohms Law. You wouldnt want to Vape 12V at 500w unless your Car was the coil bud
^^^what he said!!!
All kidding aside, I can't tell if you're joking or serious. If you are serious than please, for your own benefit, do some research on ohms law, coulombs law, battery safety and some basic electronic principals.

Holyghost23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4s2p set up for 14 volts.. now of course the limit would be coils.. maybe instead of wire use a steel tube. of course figuring the resistance and setting it using a tube would be difficult. but its an idea. or you could just use a 20 ga wire .15 ohm at 7.4 V would work perfect for all day vapes. and damn near 360 watts..

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4s2p set up for 14 volts.. now of course the limit would be coils.. maybe instead of wire use a steel tube. of course figuring the resistance and setting it using a tube would be difficult. but its an idea. or you could just use a 20 ga wire .15 ohm at 7.4 V would work perfect for all day vapes. and damn near 360 watts..
You are plain out of your mind. There is a reason you don't see mods like that. It's not an enjoyable vape. Please if you are trolling stop. If you are not trolling stop and consult a professional. (Electrical engineer not psychologist)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:D

Can I use a Roadie wick with a Guilty coil?

why don't I see people ACTUALLY DOING THAT !?!!
Bahahahahaha!!!!!!! Because no one other than Raven really vapes hard.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People don't bother modding cheap mods, because they would probably break. People don't mod nice mods, because they don't want to ruin them...

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like this guy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's the thing, bruh. One, you don't know that much about how tc works or what firmware/software a mods chip will accept. Two, you don't know that much else about how these devices work. Three, you have not even taken one apart to see what it looks like inside or get even a basic understanding of how it works. Then, you come here and ten minutes after joining, you make a post criticizing the lack of modding, something you yourself have yet to even attempt. You come across as criticizing the community for a lack of redneck engineering, when you have no idea the amount of innovation it has taken the vaping industry to even get where it is. Did you know that the first tube mods were actually flashlights? Or that the first heating elements in ecigs were ultrasonic and did not have refillable cartridges? We've come from that to rebuildable atomizers and controlled devices that can run in voltage, wattage, joules and temperature modes. Please research your history before you criticize a lack of innovation.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People don't bother modding cheap mods, because they would probably break. People don't mod nice mods, because they don't want to ruin them...

^^^^^THIS

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't even finish the video. Right after he goes through all these different coil builds and says "you're not REALLY vaping yet", I'm like yeah, this guy is a giant fucking douche and I'm not listening to any more of his condescending bullshit.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
now hold on folks
i dont feel he was criticizing anything.
i think he was asking a serious question.
I myslef have wondered if reprogramming the chips was possible
I mean if you can program them, it should be possible with the right equipment to reprogram them.
But could you actually could would you be able to reprogram it for anything useful is the? I mean sure you could probably reprogram the startup message and what the screen says, but the software is still limited to the hardware specs

I think the OP should check in on the whiteout with its custom chip and open source software when it becomes available.

I think between that and the dna200 with escribe, that some people with coding knowledge are going to be able to see what could be done

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't even finish the video. Right after he goes through all these different coil builds and says "you're not REALLY vaping yet", I'm like yeah, this guy is a giant fucking douche and I'm not listening to any more of his condescending bullshit.
That dude is hilarious

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahahaha!!!! Its a big joke dude; that's Liam Lynch. He's from Tenaciuous D, The Sifl and Olly show.

VU Sponsors