Become a Patron!

WISMEC Evolv Reuleaux Bundle

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for posting this. After reviewing the detailed pictures how to fix the ribbon cable, it literally took me 5 minutes or less to fix it. Easy peasy.

The only advise I would give is gently pull up the screen on the ribbon cable side slowly. Keep pressure on it while pulling and allow the sticky back to un-stick itself. In other words, don't force it. Also, after hinging the screen up, the little ribbon cable connector on the circuit board will probably open up. Take a toothpick and gently snap it back down. Take that same toothpick and gently pull the ribbon cable under the over-hang of the screen... Done...

Potential future problem averted..

What they need to do, is have screens made with slightly shorter ribbon cables, and this would never be a (potential) problem

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for posting this. After reviewing the detailed pictures how to fix the ribbon cable, it literally took me 5 minutes or less to fix it. Easy peasy.

The only advise I would give is gently pull up the screen on the ribbon cable side slowly. Keep pressure on it while pulling and allow the sticky back to un-stick itself. In other words, don't force it. Also, after hinging the screen up, the little ribbon cable connector on the circuit board will probably open up. Take a toothpick and gently snap it back down. Take that same toothpick and gently pull the ribbon cable under the over-hang of the screen... Done...

Potential future problem averted..

What they need to do, is have screens made with slightly shorter ribbon cables, and this would never be a (potential) problem
No problem for the post. I wanna help when I can, always. I just wanted to make sure it was truly a problem with all the units prior to being alarmist.

Took me more than five minutes, but I done did it, lol. Little blue atty screwdrivers fit perfect for the four screws, mine were even magnetized. I watched a video in German, it's in one of the linked threads, I'll find it and link it if wanted. It was easier. I took pics, but they don't show much different. Just an immediate confirmation that the ribbon was a bit under the button. If you lightly hold the screen in place in the bottom, a paper clip under the ribbon will slowly and gently ease it out, and the screen up. I didn't have the cable connector open, I read others did, glad mine didn't. Powered right up, haven't used it much, but it seems all good and vapes fine. Gonna put it through some paces, but I'm really glad I got the confidence and did it.

I'm terrible with this stuff, and it really wasn't difficult. I suggest taking at most a half hour, likely 10 minutes, and getting some peace of mind.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

This is the video, btw. Doesn't matter it's in German, and they did it in a way that seemed a but simpler.

@Wingsfan0310 Thanks for the reassurance man... I appreciate it, sometimes the little things help get stuff done. Your encouragement did help. ;)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You're quite welcome. Really happy to hear you have it all sorted.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks man. I'm glad one problem is seemingly averted. I was almost at your "just open it up and go from there" point, I needed a nudge, though. Very glad I did, and that I didn't break anything. Think I'd know by now, likely. I did get into my perfection mode a bit, lol. That can spell trouble, but my screen is working like a champ. Device, too.

This thread died, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Reuleaux's. I actually am yet to do anything but charge the HE4's, and fire it up with them once to monitor the cells. I'm getting excellent battery life from the VTC4's, more than enough, and I don't push near the necessity for them, but I'm debating just getting another set. The battery analysis' I'm seeing for HG2's are good, and I have pairs of them for dual battery devices. The HG2's are great batteries, I'm just thinking the Sony's are safer, and if they last me long enough, might as well just stick with em. I'm also finding myself charging in the device sometimes, ironic since I said I'd never do it. It works flawlessly thus far, perfectly balanced, and it's respectably fast.

Aside from the screen ribbon issue, this thing does rock. I'm very pleased. The 510 and build quality of my Tugboat is undeniably superior, but not in a way that makes the Reulaeux feel cheap. And the battery life, even with VTC4's is astounding.

@Robert B Your idea of shorter ribbon cables is perfect, and simple. There's absolutely no need for such a long one, and the fire button is too close for the current length. No wonder other mods had this issue from what I read. The ribbon isn't long enough to reposition the screen layout, which would be the only reason for a longer ribbon. It would be an easy and cheap fix. Also, Wismec could've spent five more minutes on the assembly line... Always something with vape gear, but I love it. Lol.

VU Sponsors