Become a Patron!

WISMEC Evolv Reuleaux Bundle

Neflhiem

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
just got mine finally today... love this mod. only one thing.. my battery icon isnt displaying correctly .. shows empty with all three Sony VTC5s at 3.57 each.. i programed just like the vid.. any thoughts?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape mail! Man I love this mod. This thing is bad ass. Nice little treat before Thanksgiving. So happy I have and all day mod to get me thru the family thing. lol

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape mail! Man I love this mod. This thing is bad ass. Nice little treat before Thanksgiving. So happy I have and all day mod to get me thru the family thing. lol
Same here. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thing hits like a tank. Loving my TFV4 on it. Been vaping on it all day and my battery is at 60%. This is truly an all day mod.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA200 Reuleaux is $119 at eciggity today only. Coupon code BF2015

Looks like they sold out but just put a pre-order up. ETA is Dec. 1st. Coupon code still works with a pre-order

reuleaux.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't be surprise if this thing go down to

$59 all this simple electronic bullshit is worth. Some of my kid's toys are more sophisticated that cost 29.95 at Toys R Us...

That said, I took advantage of the sale. The Reuleaux will be in my mailbox Monday...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless stores are willing to lose money on it, I wouldn't expect it to go much lower. The chip itself goes for $80. Even if they are getting it for $60, you still need the box, 510 connector, battery sled, labor to build it, and finally a profit margin for the manufacturer and store.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
$59 all this simple electronic bullshit is worth. Some of my kid's toys are more sophisticated that cost 29.95 at Toys R Us...

That said, I took advantage of the sale. The Reuleaux will be in my mailbox Monday...
You won't regret it. I've been vaping on it since Wednesday and I love it. The battery life is so awesome. I just wish someone would make a silicone sleeve for it or better yet a nice heavy duty belt holster.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless stores are willing to lose money on it, I wouldn't expect it to go much lower. The chip itself goes for $80. Even if they are getting it for $60, you still need the box, 510 connector, battery sled, labor to build it, and finally a profit margin for the manufacturer and store.

Cheers,
Steve
I don't know man, I think the DNA chip itself is $80.
We will see.. Softwares are suppose to be cheap though... I don't know but i think we will see price going down

VAPE ON

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

Pretty sure Brandon (owner of evolv) is having them made in a Chinese factory now. At least the units made for the chinese mods. It might even be a authorized Joyetech electronics factory pumping them out. I would be surprised if Joyetech/Wismec is paying anymore than $15 each for them. There was a modder over on reddit/openpv who said, "qty 200 was $40", and that was not too long after the dna200 first came out. It makes absolutely no sense for evolv to make them in the US, then ship them to China, only for them to be shipped back again in the form of a finished mod. I don't think his shop in Ohio has the capacity to pump out hundred's of thousand's of chip sets this quickly. I could be wrong, only speculating.

I was offered the reuleaux dna200 at $105 qty 10 delivered, two weeks ago by a distributor in Shenzhen, so Eciggity is still making at least 20 or 30 bucks each, selling them at $119. I believe Eciggity buys them direct from Wismec, so no middle man taking a cut.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You won't regret it. I've been vaping on it since Wednesday and I love it. The battery life is so awesome. I just wish someone would make a silicone sleeve for it or better yet a nice heavy duty belt holster.

Thanks man, I can't wait to start messing with escribe, should be fun !

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks man, I can't wait to start messing with escribe, should be fun !
If you haven't yet take a look at pbusardo's YouTube video on escribe. It's a 3 parter but he covers everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got in on this, too. My Tugboat DNA 200 kinda ruined my other mods for me, lol. I ended up getting the bundle from VapeNW and 3 VTC4's. I emailed them and they said it comes with 3 he4's. All it said was 3 35 amp batteries included, so I knew they wouldn't be Sony's. I pulled the trigger before knowing the batteries since I was either unable to load or getting stuck in checkout. It let me stack the 20% on top of automatically taking 20% off in the cart. I paid 123 and change for the mod and 6 batteries. 40% off! I Couldn't say no.

Now I have to figure out my battery situation. If I'm gonna use LG's, I'm gonna get HG2's for the capacity. I got the Sony's since they can truly push 30 amps, but my battery meter will be off going between 2500 mah and 2100 mah batteries, unless I go into escribe every time I switch. Not gonna do that. I figure I'll sell the LG's brand new and unopened and either get more Sony's, or hg2's. In the meantime I suppose I'll set my battery info for the Sony's, then it will just cut off sooner for the HE4's, if I use them. I figure setting it for the watt hours of the lower capacity is best.

Sounds like a good mod, and I like the 18650's. I'm interested to see how it compares to the LiPo in performance, and battery sag. The LiPos hold around 3.8 for a long time. 18650's will act differently I'd guess. I just can't believe I got that deal. I think I lucked out. Shipping label is created, I'm guessing I'll get it around Wednesday. I'm pumped. This chip is fantastic, and I haven't even gotten too deep into escribe, yet. I've set all my profiles and other important stuff, but I only have kanthal and nickel, so I haven't loaded any Ti or SS info.

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use mine primarily in the evening and I got almost a week on one charge, it's awesome. A sleeve would be nice but it's the most comfortable complete mod I've messed with to date.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use mine primarily in the evening and I got almost a week on one charge, it's awesome. A sleeve would be nice but it's the most comfortable complete mod I've messed with to date.
That's awesome, I'm pumped once I figure my battery situation out. I love my Tugboat DNA 200, it's ruined my other mods for me. I'm going to be interested to get into escribe and do live monitoring to compare the LiPo to 18650s.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The battery life on lipos is horrible.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What sucks about them? I have 3 DNA200 mods that use them along with a few older MVP mods and my smart phone. So far, I have no complaints.

Cheers,
Steve
Good for you bro
That's just my opinion about them..
I don't put my mouth in my phone.. But good for u bro

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you compare apll
The battery life on lipos is horrible.

If you compare apples to apples it really isn't. People are comparing 3 900mah lipos to 3 2500mah 18650's. Of course you will get longer runtime at the expense of size l. Compare a 2200mah lipo pack and the difference will be minimal, it will also make the mod bigger. No free rides.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you compare apll
If you compare apples to apples it really isn't. People are comparing 3 900mah lipos to 3 2500mah 18650's. Of course you will get longer runtime at the expense of size l. Compare a 2200mah lipo pack and the difference will be minimal, it will also make the mod bigger. No free rides.

Cheers,
Steve
Why would I spend that kind of money on a lipo mod when I can buy a Reuleaux for the same price if not better. I get a day and half battery life easy, and I can swap out my batteries whenever I want. I have a VT that I get 4-5 hours out of max, running a Crown tank at 50w.Put the same tank on the Wismec and you're good for two days.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you bro
That's just my opinion about them..
I don't put my mouth in my phone.. But good for u bro

VAPE ON

Not sure if you're implying they are more dangerous, but I don't believe that is true. Do a search, any power source can vent, flame, whatever your implying if used improperly, damaged, or simply getting a bad battery from a manufacturer. If you have a link showing lipos are inherently more dangerous than 18650s, I'd be interested in seeing it

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The LiPos have completely different characteristics than 18650's. I love how long they stay at roughly 3.8 volts for a long time. At 10% I still have 3.7volts. I get close to the same vape time as 2 HE2's with a 1200 mah 3 cell LiPo. Not quite as much, but it charges fast, too. And it's tiny. 3 cell LiPos are well suited to these mods, but there's a reason I got an 18650 one as well. Each have their merits.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if you're implying they are more dangerous, but I don't believe that is true. Do a search, any power source can vent, flame, whatever your implying if used improperly, damaged, or simply getting a bad battery from a manufacturer. If you have a link showing lipos are inherently more dangerous than 18650s, I'd be interested in seeing it

Cheers,
Steve
I don't have any Data or research
I just don't prefer LIPO...

VAPE ON

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I stayed away from the DNA200s forever because of the Lipos I just didn't want one with it. Then came this bad boy with 3 18650s and I jumped all over it.
I did the same. Partially i wanted to see how the chip faired, seeing the DNA 40 disasters, i wasn't going to be an early adopter. Also, LiPo's had me a bit concerned, too. I already have way too many 18650's and on board charging is not my cup of tea. I doubt my batteries will ever be charged in my Reuleaux. Maybe once to make sure its balanced. Having owned the Tugboat DNA 200 for a few weeks, I'm down with the LiPos. It does still make me a tad concerned that a micro usb port is my only way of keeping the thing working, though. I never charge batteries in devices, unless i have no choice. I think wed have heard quite a lot of grumbling if these LiPos and or usb ports were failing. Some devices have been shipped with dead cells and smaller than advertised batteries, but that could happen with 18650's.

I dont know. My Reuleaux is at my post office, and should be delivered today. If i thought they wouldnt freak out on me id try to go pick it up. Its been cold and snowy off and on here for a good bit, last night brought more. My mailman already sucks ass, and lately we've been getting mail around 5:30 pm. Its ridiculous. My last juice order was opened, too. Nothing was tampered with, all bubble wrapped still, but it was opened, and shipped from a local juice company about 20 minutes from my house. The post office manager has been made aware by me, of all the mis delivered and missing packages, etc... He flagged our address for me, and aside from being late, or opened, stuff has always been delivered since.

Whatever. Im excited, now i gotta figure out my battery dillemma. Lol. I wish batteries didnt have to be paired, i have way too many singles from the days of tube mods. Oh well, safety first.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I've got it. I like it. Metered my new batteries, set up escribe, and did live monitoring of a Kanthal atty and TC atty. all seems well. Got the six bay full right now.

Stupid question maybe, but you can't turn the DNA 200 off. I just waited for it to sleep, then pulled them. It said warranty service when I accidentally pressed fire with only two in, but once I put the third in all was fine.

So, just wait for it to go idle and pull em'? Seems wrong, but you can't power down this chip. Thanks for any input.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No way to power down the chip as of now (never know what updates are forthcoming). However after a certain amount of time of inactivity (I haven't timed it, but it's between 20-30 minutes), it puts itself to sleep with very minimal power drain. On my Hotcig DX200, I've pulled the battery whether it's sleeping or not with no ill affects.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit You can lock the fire button and power up and down buttons for safety if putting it in your pocket

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just let mine go to sleep then pull the batteries. I haven't had any issues with it this way. Like wingsfan stated click the fire button 5 times and lock it if you want.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the replies. When I got my Tugboat, and it was on in sleep mode, I had to have the shop owner tell me the chip can't power off. It was my first Evolv device. So, I knew I couldn't power down the chip, and it seems so wrong to pull the batteries with it on, lol. Goes against everything I know, lol. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to wait for it to fully go to sleep. I just lock it, I leave power locked anyway, and I pulled em. As I said, I accidentally pressed fire with only two in and it said warranty service, but it was and is fine. Probably senses the lack of a cell and won't let it power on.

The first week of my Tugboat, I was checking the cells at least a couple times a day, and before and after charging to make sure they were staying balanced. I decided since I'd be using different mah batteries with the Reuleaux, and not charging in the mod, to set my charge display for all of the cells voltage. Now I can just plug it into micro usb quickly to check my cells. No escribe. I already meter before and after charging. I set my watt hours for the VTC4's from what someone with a Reuleaux on the Evolv forums got with the battery test, around 21.7, I'd have to check. Cut off at 2.8, the reading I have done says 2.8 is good for 18650's since it will hit low battery with sagging under load. You could have a battery at 3.2 sag to 2.8 under load, so makes sense.

Last question for now. I know the chip and escribe pretty well from my Tugboat. Now, I know my battery profile will be off between the Sony's and the HE4's. I set it to the lower capacity for safety. The chip will still read accurate cell voltage, correct? The watt hours will just affect my battery display is my understanding. Just want to check. I'm sure it detects the voltage regardless of watt hours, it has to, otherwise these would be grenades to anyone without escribe.

It's nice, I like the form factor, and it's deceptively tiny. Only complaint is the 510. It's not the smoothest, but not bad, it just seems to need a tad too much effort to get my attys flush. Partially, I don't know why they made an indentation for attys, then put a raised ring around the 510. Nothing will ever be completely flush. As long as I don't mess up my 510 I'm cool, I just have to screw them in a bit more than I like. My Lotus LE80 has a similar indentation, but where the ring is raised on the Reuleaux it is below the 510 on the Lotus. Everything is flush, and it will catch juice if needed. As long as it holds up, I'm fine with it. I will be keeping an eye on it, though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand it the same way. Setting the watt hours only seems to affect the accuracy of the battery meter. On my VT200 when I had the watt hours set to 14.4 my battery meter would go from about a 1/4 to empty. When I lowered it to 12wh, it became much more accurate (the battery meter). I believe for charging and cell cutoff, the DNA200 chip monitors each cells voltage.

Cheers,
Steve

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered the Reuleaux from Eciggity during their Thanksgiving day 30% off sale. Just got in the mailbox today. Using kanthal right now. I have 3 HE2's loaded, and set the batteries for 2500mah in escribe. 21Ah or so. Is this correct? It says it will cut off at 2.8v, but that makes me nervous since none of my batts have ever been drained that low. Still have a lot to learn with escribe. Need to slog through busardo's 3pt video.

Reuleaux.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's set that low because of the sag 18650's have under load. Pretty sure if you pulled them after cutoff, they would be around 3.2v unloaded.

Cheers,
Steve
Makes sense, thanks Steve

Fellow Michigander. I'm in Midland. Go Blue, Tigers, Wings, Lions & Pistons!! Although I guess I'm going to have to root for MSU next saturday...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome Robert! Always amazed at what a small world we live in. I'm still recovering from the beatdown the school down south laid on us last week. Nevertheless, it was a successful season imo, especially considering the last few. Go Blue! Now back to the regularly scheduled program :)

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think it's set that low because of the sag 18650's have under load. Pretty sure if you pulled them after cutoff, they would be around 3.2v unloaded.

Cheers,
Steve
This. My reading said the same, you can do live monitoring in escribe to see how much your batteries sag under load. It will give you an idea of how much sag there is. I never run batteries below 3.6, so I understand the hesitance to set it there, but it seems to be the consensus, from people who know much more than I. I have tons of HE2's at or over one year old, and they all still hold a full charge. Taking em down to 3.2 might stress them a bit more, but I don't think it will make any meaningful difference.

@Robert B , you should check out the Evolv DNA 200 forum. Lots of good info there, and a couple threads about the Reuleaux. There's a good one with battery profiles and case analyzers which have been run. I left everything factory spec aside from watt hours and my profiles. I'll change other stuff if I need to. It's a really good thread, and where I got my watt hours for VTC4's. From someone who actually ran the battery tests in the device. I am guessing I'll be buying more HG2's. I can tell I'm gonna want the life, and I don't push the mod too hard. There are watt hours for HG2's and HE2's posted as well I believe.

Also, if you are going to be charging in the mod, I'd put my charge display as USB Amps, battery %, and watt hours. That's how my Tugboat is set. If you will be charging in a separate charger, I am, I'd think about setting the display to show each cells charge. That way, you can quickly plug it into micro usb and it will show you the voltage per cell. I feel it wise to monitor that at first. New device or new batteries. Mine are all at 4.04v. So far so good. I'm gonna keep an eye on that for a few cycles.

@Wingsfan0310 Thanks for that reply, I believe the meter is all that's affected, too. I will see when I try the HE4's. I'm guessing I will hit 0%, or close, and still have some life left due to it being programmed for 2100 mah batteries. We shall see. Thinking more on it, the chip HAS to read the live voltage, and battery meter is just so you can set it accurate to your device. If you could plug in numbers for batteries that would alter anything aside from the accuracy of your battery meter, there would be some big problems. This chip is smarter than that.

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wondered the same thing with the 510 also and the well around the topper doesn't go all the way around it has gaps on both sides. The way it is I would have completed the inside ring for juice leakage at least. It is very tiny so many people think this is a large mod because of the 3 1850s but I can wrap my hand around it completely inside my palm almost. It feels sooo good in your hand ergonomically also. I put the battery V shape into my palm/thumb V and fire with my index finger. I'm running my twisted messes and Temple on it and ooo la la it's heaven. So glad I jumped on it as soon as it popped my favorite mod I've held in hand by far. I wouldn't mind a sleeve to make it really grippy but nothing can be perfect but this is as close as it gets for me so far.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/discharge-profiles-for-wismec-reuleaux-7791361?&trail=15

Hope that link works. It's a good thread, aside from some typical forum arguing, to get battery profiles if you haven't or don't want to do one yourself. They should be pretty close.

I've only used the VTC4's so far, and the watt hours I got from that thread have my meter seeming pretty accurate. All my cells are staying balanced thus far. I'm getting more than enough battery life from the VTC4's to last at least a day. I've been pulling them to charge after all day around 40-50%. Had a small issue this morning of the device only powering to the Wismec screen, but I re seated my batteries and it was fine. I'm not a fan of the positive contact on Sony's, I think one wasn't making adequate contact. LG's have a much more robust positive contact.

This thing is pretty nice. I have one person who I live with that is very talented at knocking my mods over, I no longer put them down near him, lol. The form factor and weight of this guy makes that almost impossible, so that's another benefit. So yeah, good mod so far, I love the DNA 200.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-reuleaux-by-jaybo-designs.707444/page-29

http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/reuleaux-dna-200-screen-ribbon-fix-yesno-7816337?&trail=15

So, I've been monitoring this, have meant to link these threads earlier. It seems there is a definite issue with the screen ribbon being partially tucked under the fire button. Both threads have pictorials, and written instructions to fix it, and it seems simple, but I am not really up to it. I never removed my iPV4 charging board, I just moved on to other devices. That's my comfort level.

Note that in the ECF, I know evil forum, thread, someone contacted both VapeNW, where I ordered, who just sent them an RMA, customer pays shipping, and you'd probably get another faulty one. Then someone emailed Evolv, and Wismec. Evolv said that if the ribbon is under the button, IT WILL fail eventually, the screen that is. Wismec replied acknowledging early production models being made as such, but that new ones won't be. That's it. Seems like the only option is to return it, or do the fix, or wait for the screen to go out. The chip and escribe will still work...

Wismec seems to not want to deal with it. Evolv says to send it to the vendor or manufacturer, and I know that I don't want to return mine, especially for a replacement that likely has the same issue. Mine may not, but I'm guessing all of the Black Friday ones do. Other threads seem to confirm it.

It's a simple fix, but I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm debating trying to find someone local who works with these DNA's to do it. It really seems simple. Ten minutes, and some careful ribbon folding. I'm just uncomfortable opening these mods up. Only thing I miss about mechs, I can fix them 99% of the time. So far I think two people have broken there screens fixing it, though you can order screens. I guess this was an issue with the Hana's at first, and I think some other mods. People on one of the forums say it's a bit of a flaw in the board, how close the ribbon is to the fire button. It is an easy fix, though.

What do my VU friends think here? Sorry to bring this shit into the thread, but it needs addressing IMO. Such a simple fix, I'm just not comfortable with that stuff, I'm the guy who breaks his screen trying to get it perfect, lol. Seems it may break either way, or I could get lucky and it's ok when I pull the faceplate. Opinions?

I'm loving the mod at least, lol. Really don't want to return it. I paid 103 for the mod and three batteries, then got three VTC4's, too. I don't think I'm ever going to get that deal again, at least not until the next DNA releases. I lucked out and stacked the 20% off coupons. A board is 80 itself. I suppose I may try opening it up.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It would be nice if Wismec could tell us from what point the on the ribbon was fixed.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my friend, I would open it up and least inspect it. Who knows, maybe you will be lucky and the cable won't be under the button. Maybe it will but the fix will be simple. However if at any time you get uncomfortable, stop, reassemble and consider other options. Just me thinking out loud. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It would be nice if Wismec could tell us from what point the on the ribbon was fixed.
Read through the Evolv thread. It's short, and there are detailed before and after pics. It's not at all hard to miss, and also doesn't appear hard to do. I just fuck that shit up, lol.

@Wingsfan0310 Your thinking out loud is appreciated. I think it's where I'm headed, too. The pics seem that taking it apart is as simple as the right screwdriver, and four screws, that I think I can handle. I'm pretty confident I can get it open and at least check, like you said, and go from there based on comfort level. Who knows, I may be lucky. It seems clear that it likely will fail eventually, and Wismec ain't gonna do shit, so the 90 day warranty also means nothing. Unless I returned it and they could tell, opening it and voiding the warranty seems not to matter.

I do appreciate the feedback. Sorry to the happy Reuleaux owners here to bring this up, but, it needed to be mentioned. I'll update when I do pull it apart. Fuck this, I haven't sold my flawless iPV4 that has never exhibited any symptoms of the issue, just because I don't want it to creep up eventually and possibly harm someone. I won't shelve this device. At least it's not a safety issue.

VU Sponsors