Become a Patron!

Wismec Rx300 thoughts? anyone get one yet?

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks uncomfortable to hold. Seems like over kill. Who's going to realistically use 300 watts?

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't see getting this it seems like a gimmick to me why do I care if it can charge my cell phone..

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd get it if the 510 wasn't on the god damn front of it

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd get it if the 510 wasn't on the god damn front of it
Yeah kinda strange I think this Jaybo dude needs to go back to the original idea behind the RX 200 and 200s
or maybe go back to design school or some shit

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah kinda strange I think this Jaybo dude needs to go back to the original idea behind the RX 200 and 200s
or maybe go back to design school or some shit
The 300 is overkill. I have a RX200S and it never gets used past 35watts.
I like that the charge lasts at that rate but using it is like working out my biceps.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 300 is overkill. I have a RX200S and it never gets used past 35watts.
I like that the charge lasts at that rate but using it is like working out my biceps.
hmm I dont know @HazyShades for me its about battery life but then again I do not vape at that 35watts I just jumped back up to Mid 60's again only reason I was considering it was the 4 batteries for home use. I was going to just say you are a pussy vapor :)

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm I dont know @HazyShades for me its about battery life but then again I do not vape at that 35watts I just jumped back up to Mid 60's again only reason I was considering it was the 4 batteries for home use. I was going to just say you are a pussy vapor :)
I might be a toodle puffer but you only vape that high
so you can feel the hot vapor going down your throat; it reminds you of the devil-cum you so often enjoy.
You only want the 4 battery job 'cause of the girth...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might be a toodle puffer but you only vape that high
so you can feel the hot vapor going down your throat; it reminds you of the devil-cum you so often enjoy.
You only want the 4 battery job 'cause of the girth...
haha Give ME the devil-cum!
@HazyShades I really want the Smok GX35 better form factor but it not out yet so after you said devil-cum the truth set me free I ordered it..

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want the battery life!
I like the battery life on the rx200s, how many batteries on the 300? Never mind, just looked it up..4 batteries.
Well, it is about time I raise my dumb bell weights...
My rx200s puts out 250watts after the firmware update,
I wonder if the 300 will update to 400 watts. Can I use it to jumpstart my pick up truck?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha Give ME the devil-cum!
@HazyShades I really want the Smok GX35 better form factor but it not out yet so after you said devil-cum the truth set me free I ordered it..
Yea, I knew getting horny would make you spring to action.
Dude, everybody is raving about the Alien..But I remember the M80 lived up to it's explosive name.
I have a Smok Bec50 that gets it's firing button stuck
and keeps going..even fires on it's own..When I stop using it I have to take out the battery
so as not to burn the house down.
Smok is ok for tanks but I don't trust their chips or buttons.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the battery life on the rx200s, how many batteries on the 300? Never mind, just looked it up..4 batteries.
Well, it is about time I raise my dumb bell weights...
My rx200s puts out 250watts after the firmware update,
I wonder if the 300 will update to 400 watts. Can I use it to jumpstart my pick up truck?
For me I never felt the battery life of the rx200s was all that great. Didn't seem to be very efficient. I'm gonna compare it to the alien, gpriv and Triade when I get home.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I knew getting horny would make you spring to action.
Dude, everybody is raving about the Alien..But I remember the M80 lived up to it's explosive name.
I have a Smok Bec50 that gets it's firing button stuck
and keeps going..even fires on it's own..When I stop using it I have to take out the battery
so as not to burn the house down.
Smok is ok for tanks but I don't trust their chips or buttons.
Yes after posting that I thought about that X-cube junk and had flashbacks. I gotcha I love the form factor of the RX series but I lost the Rx 200s driving from California somewhere in the Mojave desert and no Im not joking I have the Rx 200 but it looks like I devil cummed on it and I despise the RX 2/3 because of the fucktard door that is a bitch to get the back battery out of.. After all of this I just like the fact you said Devil-cum Ohhh and that Alien yeah I saw it at the local vape shop I was not impressed

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me I never felt the battery life of the rx200s was all that great. Didn't seem to be very efficient. I'm gonna compare it to the alien, gpriv and Triade when I get home.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.
Yea, maybe right. But look above, I'm a tootle puffer. .5 Ohms at 35 watts is adequate for me,
so it lasts a lot longer than for most

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes after posting that I thought about that X-cube junk and had flashbacks. I gotcha I love the form factor of the RX series but I lost the Rx 200s driving from California somewhere in the Mojave desert and no Im not joking I have the Rx 200 but it looks like I devil cummed on it and I despise the RX 2/3 because of the fucktard door that is a bitch to get the back battery out of.. After all of this I just like the fact you said Devil-cum Ohhh and that Alien yeah I saw it at the local vape shop I was not impressed
I think the Alien is cute
but for the above reasons I refuse to buy Smok mods
until PBusardo or one of his boyfriends says it's safe. I almost bought a RX 2/3
but backed out after reading about the door
and how the contacts don't work well if you use the 2 battery door.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the Alien is cute
but for the above reasons I refuse to buy Smok mods
until PBusardo or one of his boyfriends says it's safe. I almost bought a RX 2/3
but backed out after reading about the door
and how the contacts don't work well if you use the 2 battery door.
Yeah the door thing is just crazy on the RX 2/3 It drives me nutz.. I have two broken DNA 200's that I am way to lazy to fix so I may just douse them with gas and light them like I did to a brand new BlackBerry 10 years ago and post it online .. hmmmm

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the door thing is just crazy on the RX 2/3 It drives me nutz.. I have two broken DNA 200's that I am way to lazy to fix so I may just douse them with gas and light them like I did to a brand new BlackBerry 10 years ago and post it online .. hmmmm
Gopherit! Facebook is in dire need of material, you'll get hundreds of thousands of views.

The door thing on the rx 2/3 is almost as bad as the 2/3 name.
The whole concept seems stupid. A choice between 2 or 3 batteries...WTF!
For the most part I vape on eVic vtc mini or v2, 1. ohm @15 watts on kanger aerotanks.
So the old sigelei 100, rx200s, kanger k120, etc are a once or twice/week thang
when I feel like building or using the atlantis tanks..
you never did send me that tvf4, motherfucker... (don't be butthurt, I still wuv you)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gopherit! Facebook is in dire need of material, you'll get hundreds of thousands of views.

The door thing on the rx 2/3 is almost as bad as the 2/3 name.
The whole concept seems stupid. A choice between 2 or 3 batteries...WTF!
For the most part I vape on eVic vtc mini or v2, 1. ohm @15 watts on kanger aerotanks.
So the old sigelei 100, rx200s, kanger k120, etc are a once or twice/week thang
when I feel like building or using the atlantis tanks..
you never did send me that tvf4, motherfucker... (don't be butthurt, I still wuv you)
Its funny to me how much Money I wasted on DNA200 stuff chasing that TC crap what a huge waste of money and no one cares what MOD you have the "Shiny" syndrome took me over never again

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its funny to me how much Money I wasted on DNA200 stuff chasing that TC crap what a huge waste of money and no one cares what MOD you have the "Shiny" syndrome took me over never again
There was a youngster gawking at all my stuff the other day, his girlfriend got embarrassed..
I got hit with some of that shiny-itis...It's the constant barrage of propaganda by the elitist vape vendors
masquerading as forum dudes. The pre-august 8th paranoia helped some.

My largest vape related expenditure lately was only 12 bucks for some vanilla bean pods
but I do need some vg/pg soon. I have enough nicotine to last past death

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There was a youngster gawking at all my stuff the other day, his girlfriend got embarrassed..
I got hit with some of that shiny-itis...It's the constant barrage of propaganda by the elitist vape vendors
masquerading as forum dudes. The pre-august 8th paranoia helped some.

My largest vape related expenditure lately was only 12 bucks for some vanilla bean pods
but I do need some vg/pg soon. I have enough nicotine to last past death
haha yeah I was never ever worried about a "Ban" it was funny to see everyone ride with that insanity the vendors laughing all the way. We have a market so saturated now with devices it really has gotten to the point of "commodity" there is only so much one can do with a DC to DC converter for a "MOD" Tom morrow if I choose I bet I could start enough Hype to have the "Hazy Mod" and if pushed enough even if it only went to 35wats it would be a success people no longer even know what they are buying.. They here that someone else bought X so they do not because its good its "Shiny" I feel included I get it Ive been there but should we not all kinda do a double check on our own sanity? Hmm I know I do I do not feel everyone does

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha yeah I was never ever worried about a "Ban" it was funny to see everyone ride with that insanity the vendors laughing all the way. We have a market so saturated now with devices it really has gotten to the point of "commodity" there is only so much one can do with a DC to DC converter for a "MOD" Tom morrow if I choose I bet I could start enough Hype to have the "Hazy Mod" and if pushed enough even if it only went to 35wats it would be a success people no longer even know what they are buying.. They here that someone else bought X so they do not because its good its "Shiny" I feel included I get it Ive been there but should we not all kinda do a double check on our own sanity? Hmm I know I do I do not feel everyone does

I know I'm nuts but I also know most people are much crazier than me.
It's taking somebody a very long time to die..I think they want to kill me. See? I'm just as crazy as you are, Z.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd get the ijoy maxo before the rx300.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's taking somebody a very long time to die..I think they want to kill me. See? I'm just as crazy as you are, Z.
This is all a simulation @HazyShades this reality is not what us sad Humans think Death is a human term its not important.God is a programmer at the Quantum level I have this incredible video for you to watch once I find it . Its on Curiosity Stream but its the best I have ever seen for people to let go of our primitive Science understanding.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is all a simulation @HazyShades this reality is not what us sad Humans think Death is a human term its not important.God is a programmer at the Quantum level I have this incredible video for you to watch once I find it . Its on Curiosity Stream but its the best I have ever seen for people to let go of our primitive Science understanding.
So...life is a curiosity stream...Otay Mr Gitbox player, whatever you say...
Take my wife, please.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why is that?
Compared to the rx300 it's smaller and has a better 510 connection. Ijoy is known to have one of the best chip sets avil. Only down side is the screen is smaller but if you want a smaller mod gota make something smaller.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only run my RX2/3 at 100 watts max. With the available update it will go to 250 watts. So getting the 300 seems kind of pointless.

I figure that wattages north of 200 will become the norm as technology progresses, and there will eventually be a use for such high wattages.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only run my RX2/3 at 100 watts max. With the available update it will go to 250 watts. So getting the 300 seems kind of pointless.

I figure that wattages north of 200 will become the norm as technology progresses, and there will eventually be a use for such high wattages.
How do you like the battery door(s) on that 2/3?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'd like to buy a new wismec mod but I'm waiting for them to make a good quality one. I'm not big on 4 battery mods though since I don't have any set of 4s right now. just sets of 2 and 3 and singles so if i buy one I'm gonna need 8 new batteries and some quad 18650 cases to hold them. so just getting batteries set up I'm looking at about 60 bucks not including a mod. If i get one the GX350 is what i have my eye on personally.

I really wish they would center 510 pins on these mods. so it can handle 30mm tanks. the maxo and RX don't do it. neither do the smok ones like the G320 or GX350. I feel thats an annoying issue in itself. If wismec puts out a mod with a centered 510, a better 510 pin, and better quality i would buy. their chip is pretty decent, their screens are nice, and their design isn't bad at all. it's just the quality, wiring, and 510 that ruin it for me personally.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How do you like the battery door(s) on that 2/3?
No problems with the battery door, and it sits flush. However I'm running it with 3 cells and am not changing the battery door. I like to have the option of dual cell setup but I prefer 3 cells for every good reason (from form and feel to function and battery life).

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

you actually believe that people will be vaping at 300watts? wow!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Compared to the rx300 it's smaller and has a better 510 connection. Ijoy is known to have one of the best chip sets avil. Only down side is the screen is smaller but if you want a smaller mod gota make something smaller.

Yeah I have been looking at in but the Maxo has nasty looking buttons to me kinda reminds me of a toy

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes you are Nutz but I do think the RX 300 is for you @HazyShades not only can you build your biceps but you can use it as a weapon this is your Win win brother!

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see SMOK has also got a 300w+ mod. I think the SMOK GX looks better. Recently SMOK has created some great looking products and the GX is no exception. I think it's one of the nicer looking high powered devices. The RX300 is too much of a cube shape and way too big for every day carry. That said, battery life will be really great since it takes 4 cells.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see SMOK has also got a 300w+ mod. I think the SMOK GX looks better. Recently SMOK has created some great looking products and the GX is no exception. I think it's one of the nicer looking high powered devices. The RX300 is too much of a cube shape and way too big for every day carry. That said, battery life will be really great since it takes 4 cells.
I agree with you I think I will get one you mean the GX 350 that appears still in Pre-order?

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 9

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you actually believe that people will be vaping at 300watts? wow!
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Sub ohming used to be a new thing but is common now, and I'm sure the same can be said for 200+ wattages in the not-too-distant future.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Sub ohming used to be a new thing but is common now, and I'm sure the same can be said for 200+ wattages in the not-too-distant future.
well i don't doubt people will do it, cause I'm sure people will it's gonna take a lot of surface areas to make use of it. maybe even a 40mm build deck with quad framed stapled staggered fused claptons and the resistance will be really low so hitting the amp limit on the mods will stop it. all mods have volt and amp limits in addition to the wattage limit. It'll take a very specific set up to make use of it

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well i don't doubt people will do it, cause I'm sure people will it's gonna take a lot of surface areas to make use of it. maybe even a 40mm build deck with quad framed stapled staggered fused claptons and the resistance will be really low so hitting the amp limit on the mods will stop it. all mods have volt and amp limits in addition to the wattage limit. It'll take a very specific set up to make use of it
That's exactly what I was saying. :)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far 2x 18650's seems to do me well even for home use. If it gets to the point I need a 5gal jug with 4-8 18650's and shit I just want one with a 25ft extension cord I can plug in to 110v at the wall and fuck the batteries. Maybe a dedicated vape outlet with it's own 40a breaker.

It seems almost backwards, people settle for smaller devices due to obvious reasons for portability but then are stuck with frequent charging or battery swaps. They also often go with smaller tanks. Now they have a small easy to carry device along with a snack pack full of extra juice, extra batteries etc.

At home people prefer high battery count mods because of battery life. Because grabbing a couple batteries off the charger in the other room must be a larger inconvenience than a bulge of batteries in the pocket or having to run back to the car when out and about. Or larger tanks so they don't have to refill as often, same thing. Juice right there, filling at home or swapping batteries isn't near as inconvenient when it's all right there within arm's reach lol.

People are content to just grab a glass of water at home because if they run out there's more water right there in the kitchen. Refilling isn't an issue. I've yet to see anyone sit down at home with a 5gal water can off the back of their jeep because it's 'convenient' and they don't have to fill their glass as often. To each their own but just seems odd, maybe it's just me. :p

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only way that that this high of wattage would be necessary would be if people are pushing .05 which is only common with the hardcore RDA guys

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My RX2/3 works just fine at 100w but maybe one day I'll want to ramp it up to 200+w. Currently though even with my high-wattage tank anything past 100w is too hot of a vape for me. That's why I'm not running to update it so it can hit 250w with the latest update.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The only way that that this high of wattage would be necessary would be if people are pushing .05 which is only common with the hardcore RDA guys
not necessarily. resistance has nothing to do with it really. (ok it has a little because of mod volt and amp limits) but it's more on surface area. You'd have to hit the sweet spot on the mod itself to allow the 300 watts while having a ton of surface area to heat up. theoretically speaking you could have a .05ohm coil that takes like 5 watts to heat up lol for instance a 2 wrap SS316l 24 gauge wire dual coil would be about .05 and not need many watts at all to heat up. probably less then 20. where a dual stapled staggered Kenthal set up could ohm in at .1 but need 100 watts to fire nicely.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My RX2/3 works just fine at 100w but maybe one day I'll want to ramp it up to 200+w. Currently though even with my high-wattage tank anything past 100w is too hot of a vape for me. That's why I'm not running to update it so it can hit 250w with the latest update.
this tank i used that required the most wattage was the horizontech arctic V12 which took about 180-190 watts to give a really good vape but still was a little worse then the TFV8 at 130-140 watts. I did a side by side comparison of the 2

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
this tank i used that required the most wattage was the horizontech arctic V12 which took about 180-190 watts to give a really good vape but still was a little worse then the TFV8 at 130-140 watts. I did a side by side comparison of the 2
Thanks. Watching now!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not necessarily. resistance has nothing to do with it really. (ok it has a little because of mod volt and amp limits) but it's more on surface area. You'd have to hit the sweet spot on the mod itself to allow the 300 watts while having a ton of surface area to heat up. theoretically speaking you could have a .05 Ohm coil that takes like 5 watts to heat up lol for instance a 2 wrap SS316l 24 gauge wire dual coil would be about .05 and not need many watts at all to heat up. probably less then 20. where a dual stapled staggered Kanthal set up could ohm in at .1 but need 100 watts to fire nicely.
What you are really saying is amperage the biggest issue we have with regulated mods running in series

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good video! Thanks for sharing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What you are really saying is amperage the biggest issue we have with regulated mods running in series
amps and volts yes. all mods have a cut off. most don't publish them. for instance the DNA250 board (I'll use as an example since it's published) has an output limit of 55 amps. so at a .05 build your limited to 2.75 volts and 151.25 watts. It also has an output limit of 9.3 volts so lets say you build higher like a .8 resistance build, you are limited to that 9.3 volts so about 108 watts will cut off. Hence why i use the term "sweet spot"

what you are saying is correct for mechs though but mechs have to be balanced differently. for instance in my unregulated series box mod with fully charged batteries rated at 30 amps my limit is .28 as the lowest. so to be safe I'll say i build at .3 which would be 235 watts at 8.4 volts and 28 amps. but i have to have a lot of surface area for the 235 watts or my coil will just pop so it's even harder to balance and find a sweet spot in it. I'm gonna use my unregulated series box mod in my next video. I built my atty at .48 so it's putting out 147 watts at a full charge and 17.5 amps. it's a nice smooth vape but not an instant cloud chucker. you have to build to what you want. I'm not big on chucking clouds, i just like a smooth vape with great flavor

VU Sponsors