Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did I ever show you this one?
upload_2016-10-2_13-26-34.png
I have never understood the mindset that wants their bodies covered with weird pictures that they will be stuck with for life. Why not just buy a T-shirt and paint the weirdness on that, then you could change daily. Oh well... luckily, I don't have to live with 'em...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never understood the mindset that wants their bodies covered with weird pictures that they will be stuck with for life. Why not just buy a T-shirt and paint the weirdness on that, then you could change daily. Oh well... luckily, I don't have to live with 'em...

I got my little heart on my wrist when I was 18; in the air force, just out of boot camp, and EVERYONE was getting them... and I was young enough then to want to be part of the crowd. :facepalm: Now of course, I'd give a lot to be rid of it... but $1000 for a square inch of skin, that cost $15 to be decorated... I think I'll pass, and keep the stupid thing.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, I have the same excuse, Andria. Just out of boot (USAF) and into tech school. Everyone was getting one and they made me feel like an ass if I didn't. So I had the tats guy put Le Masque (my pen name at the time for all the poetry I wrote) on my left wrist so my wrist watch would cover it. Today, 48 years later, it is not even readable, and the watch still hides that childish stupidity.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have my ex wifes name on my finger, my ring completely covers it though and I never take it off. I was in love and on my honeymoon, I was 24.

I always wanted a black panther on my chest (when I had pecs from weight lifting) but they all look so terrible when you get older and they fade and your skin sags. That little one on my finger was the only one I had, thank god for that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I have the same excuse, Andria. Just out of boot (USAF) and into tech school. Everyone was getting one and they made me feel like an ass if I didn't. So I had the tats guy put Le Masque (my pen name at the time for all the poetry I wrote) on my left wrist so my wrist watch would cover it. Today, 48 years later, it is not even readable, and the watch still hides that childish stupidity.

Heh, when I got home from the air force and got a job at a bank, my mother made me wear a watch to cover mine. Now I don't bother. Along with the self-grown immunities and menopause, middle age is great for not giving a shit what other people think... though my mom has never known that luxury; she's always based her entire existence around the opinions of other people. :facepalm:

Andria

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And maybe roast a lb or two of coffee
yummmm

Evening Debs xxx
Howdy darlin! :blowkiss: Sorry emily is going through a bad time!

I hate to do this so publicly, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to break up with Atcha. Call me shallow but I can't date a woman with a beard and blue dreadlocks.
oh c'mon..........wherez yur sense of adventure?? :laugh:

the only RTA that comes close to that flavor is the Serpent Mini
I'm gonna have to get me one of them. But.......I need a decent mod to use it on lol @LynnNC ecig.com and vaporbeast have them for 19.00 and 20.00 respectively, but dunno how their shipping is.

I'm just gonna start doing like our Texan friends and say "howdy" so it doesn't matter what time it is.
JUP! and we call everyone darlin, honey, sugar etc so it don't matter if we forget their names! ;)

so consider all y'alls "liked," K? (Was that Texan enough?)
excellent!!

My talented niece won 1st place for her sleeve tat!
oh wow.....that's great!!

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All Fernando lovers! He's getting big!
awwwwwww why do babies gotta grow up? He's still adorable though. Hope I get to meet him before he's all grow'd up

He likes fruit. We could invite him, if you like.
don't tell him that.......he'd be glad to shove an apple in his mouth since he likes fruit :facepalm:

I think I dated the Eve of destruction .... Once....
Hope she didn't stay the night :D

I don't know him that well, but I like him and read most of his posts. I "suspect" that he sees something here he wants very badly and is reminded every other post how much many of us love each other. From a few revealing posts, he seems very lonely, and he doesn't want to be constantly reminded that he does not have what most everyone else here has. Of course, I could be way off base...
This is what I was thinking....... but there is absolutely no reason for anyone to feel guilty.........right atcha???? lol We each need to work through our own issues. I hate so bad that he had to leave, and truly hope he feels better very soon and comes back

But what do I do with things like spare glass? Started trying to organize it in the cases, then got worried about breakage while sliding the cases in or out, or moving the tackle box. So back into the boxes the glass went. Then I have some tube mechs with interchangeable pieces. Well, guess I need to keep those pieces in the original boxes too.
I have something very similar. put the pieces in labeled snack size zipper bags. They take far less room than the box they go in. I wouldn't worry about the glass unless it's super thin and fragile, and if it is, just wrap a bit of bubble wrap around it.

He would never go into detail or post a picture of it, he said he never has or ever will
well now he has to! :D

Am I even allowed to refer to a 5 hour period of unconsciousness as a nap?
I call those neeps

or should I just have some Chinese delivered?
well duhhhhhhhhhhh :D

So...I left work last night because I was sick. I just checked my phone to find texts from a former coworker(she transferred from 2nd to 3rd before school started and basically left us in a huge bind) reaming me a new one because we left. Telling me crap like this is the reason we're on 7 days and so on and so on. Of course, she's the one who calls out at least twice a week because she has FMLA and uses her mom's health as a reason to stay home from work.
that's horrible! Really hope you get the other job!!

I had an idyllic childhood until I was 13, raped repeatedly by an uncle, and nothing I could say would convince my parents that it happened. From that point on, my childhood was over. I became an alcoholic at 15 and a coke junkie at 19. My mom finally accepted it to be true when I was 19 but by then there had been too much water over the bridge.
oh honey, I'm so sorry you went through that. ((((((((lynn))))))))) You too atcha!

It's a lot more common than people think.
Jup it is....I was 5. nasty step brother

I had not wicked the RBA !!!
lmao.......sounds ike sumpthin I would do!

I forgave him for 2 reasons: my mother loves him and depends on him, and yeah, I did escape anything worse.
Jup, like Lynn said......forgiveness has llittle to nothingto do with. It's about us letting go.

omgggggggggg am sooooo tired. Fell alsep briefly while trying to respond!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jup, like Lynn said......forgiveness has llittle to nothingto do with. It's about us letting go.

Well... I suppose that's the goal. I'm not sure that I have fully let it go, for either of them, much as I'd like to. At least, now I'm making the effort. Both my parents gained a lot of forgiveness when they gave us the $6k that enabled us to pay off enough debt to qualify for a mortgage, and buy a home, thus avoiding homelessness. But both of them have continued to treat me very poorly in the years since, if in somewhat different ways now than when I was young and at their mercy, and by extension, my husband too -- I often get him to deal with them, because I think they're slightly afraid of him -- he really looks like a cross between Charles Manson and Willie Nelson on a bad hair day... got those wild eyes. :D And he goes along with it, because he'd rather hear their shit and then tell him what he really thinks, than have me all upset. :D Works for me. :D

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
she's always based her entire existence around the opinions of other people.
I am fairly sure that most people would like everyone they meet to like them, but to be entirely honest, if there is someone that doesn't like me, I don't give a rat's ass about him/her. They are entitled to their opinion, but I am who I am and I am not changing that to make other people happy. So let it be written; so let it be done.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am fairly sure that most people would like everyone they meet to like them, but to be entirely honest, if there is someone that doesn't like me, I don't give a rat's ass about him/her. They are entitled to their opinion, but I am who I am and I am not changing that to make other people happy. So let it be written; so let it be done.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found the coolest thing ever. Something (can't remember now) reminded me of Herb Alpert, so I googled him (he's still alive, and 81 years old now!), and found some of his old albums on YouTube. I'm listening to Whipped Cream & Other Delights right now. I loved that album growing up. My mom had a crush on him (and Tom Jones, but didn't they all?) and had several albums. I can still smell that old stereo console and the stack of albums in there... :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is what I was thinking....... but there is absolutely no reason for anyone to feel guilty.........right atcha???? lol We each need to work through our own issues. I hate so bad that he had to leave, and truly hope he feels better very soon and comes back
Yea, thank you Deb. I hate being a paranoid person.
don't tell him that.......he'd be glad to shove an apple in his mouth since he likes fruit
OMG I spit my water out on that one. hahahaha!!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG that's soooooooo funny!
Well, I want everyone to like me. :) Comes from being horribly insecure for almost my whole life. If someone didn't like me, I guess there's nothing I could do about it, but I'd still feel bad.
I'm the same way. Insecure and wanting to be liked. I was sooooo shy as a child.
It's quiet this afternoon. How 'bout some music. @Atchafalaya <3
This really touched me. Think a tear rolled out. :inlove:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I finally decide to go exploring again, and find us all being badmouthed because we spend all our time huddled on these threads, and we're not "REAL" UV members. This place is just as mean as ECF. Uh-oh! I just mentioned ECF again - get the hanging rope! I have better things to do than be insulted. I have little enough time to try to catch up on this thread, much less go out and post a bunch on other threads. I have work to do, I can't sit in front of a computer all day like SOME people apparently can. :( Right now I have to go clean up my tomato mess.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm the same way. Insecure and wanting to be liked. I was sooooo shy as a child.
This is kind funny (not ha ha funny) because all my childhood, I always thought of myself as shy, introverted, and I sat at the back of the classroom (until I realized I couldn't read the blackboard back there but still didn't get glasses until I was 18), but when someone said "Help!" I was always the first person to run to the rescue. When anyone needed help with understanding some lesson and the teacher was not compliant, I was always the first to volunteer aid. Does that mean I was not what I thought I was? However, I was never insecure because life taught me early (ya know, all that broken home crap) that if you want something done, learn to do it yourself, and once you have done something successfully, you "know" you can do it again, and you're far more likely to step forth into the unknown with a bit of courage... I think I can, I think I can... I damn well KNOW I can!

And so can you.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I want everyone to like me. :) Comes from being horribly insecure for almost my whole life. If someone didn't like me, I guess there's nothing I could do about it, but I'd still feel bad.

I'e been an EXTREME loner my entire life, because I know damn well that I'm nothing at all like other people -- my husband and I both are absolutely unique creatures, and we both got used to that very young. Naturally I did have the usual adolescent urges to "fit in", but it really didn't take me long to realize that I never would, so why even bother. My first marriage taught me the utter uselessness of trying to be someone you're not, and the great thing about my husband is that he doesn't want, expect, or demand me be any particular way, except my own way; he loves me just as I am, the best gift I've ever had. The only person's opinion I really care about is his, and my son's; other than those 2 people, *shrug* Not my job to please them. I keep to myself, and if someone dislikes something about me... don't know, don't care, wouldn't change even if I knew, even if I could. I'm just me, and that's all I can be -- but i do keep trying to be the best version of me that I can manage. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, I finally decide to go exploring again, and find us all being badmouthed because we spend all our time huddled on these threads, and we're not "REAL" UV members. This place is just as mean as ECF. Uh-oh! I just mentioned ECF again - get the hanging rope! I have better things to do than be insulted. I have little enough time to try to catch up on this thread, much less go out and post a bunch on other threads. I have work to do, I can't sit in front of a computer all day like SOME people apparently can. :( Right now I have to go clean up my tomato mess.
Really?????? Wow. No words.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds messy.
Note to self - remember to buy whipped cream.:)
I have some. ;)
I'e been an EXTREME loner my entire life, because I know damn well that I'm nothing at all like other people -- my husband and I both are absolutely unique creatures, and we both got used to that very young. Naturally I did have the usual adolescent urges to "fit in", but it really didn't take me long to realize that I never would, so why even bother. My first marriage taught me the utter uselessness of trying to be someone you're not, and the great thing about my husband is that he doesn't want, expect, or demand me be any particular way, except my own way; he loves me just as I am, the best gift I've ever had. The only person's opinion I really care about is his, and my son's; other than those 2 people, *shrug* Not my job to please them. I keep to myself, and if someone dislikes something about me... don't know, don't care, wouldn't change even if I knew, even if I could. I'm just me, and that's all I can be -- but i do keep trying to be the best version of me that I can manage. :)

Andria
I'm better now that I'm older, but I do get my feelings hurt when people don't like me.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So because we like to spend our time with our friends we are somehow inferior in the eyes of others? Fuck 'em, their opinions don't mean shit.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been MIA to day helping out a close friend with some serious health problems. She has some serious decisions to make, and I tried to talk it out with her as best I could. We've known each other since our kids were like 2 years old together and became friends. One is my daughter's age, 21, the other a year younger, and all off in school. Her husband and I are great friends as well, but she just needed some objective insight into her choices for treatment, and a lot of emotional support. Needless to say, I'm beat. Ordering Italian tonight, can't do Chinese for something like 4 nights straight now.

Andria

I think it's one of life's great lessons that you just have to be the person you are. I've learned some people will like me, and some never will. While it's always nice to beleive everyone will like you, the reality is, it's not happening. There's enough going on in the world, and if I spend my time worrying about that, I'm just going to miss out on all the good things I could enjoy instead.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

And there you go. you can't make everyone happy. As kad has already pointed out, fuck 'em. This is a freaking forum, not a members only country club.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So because we like to spend our time with our friends we are somehow inferior in the eyes of others? Fuck 'em, their opinions don't mean shit.
Yea, I'm not really worried about it. But, it is irritating. I haven't be online much at all anyway. No time to go exploring.
I've been MIA to day helping out a close friend with some serious health problems. She has some serious decisions to make, and I tried to talk it out with her as best I could. We've known each other since our kids were like 2 years old together and became friends. One is my daughter's age, 21, the other a year younger, and all off in school. Her husband and I are great friends as well, but she just needed some objective insight into her choices for treatment, and a lot of emotional support. Needless to say, I'm beat. Ordering Italian tonight, can't do Chinese for something like 4 nights straight now.

I think it's one of life's great lessons that you just have to be the person you are. I've learned some people will like me, and some never will. While it's always nice to beleive everyone will like you, the reality is, it's not happening. There's enough going on in the world, and if I spend my time worrying about that, I'm just going to miss out on all the good things I could enjoy instead.
They are very lucky to have you as a friend Eskie. Good job! You deserve some Italian.

VU Sponsors