Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I said it in that thread.....
once upon a time... I was active in the womper room in ecf.
I still check in and lurk here, but I will be honest. I cant handle all the negative.
I know this is ya'lls place and what not, and I'm speaking out of turn. Sometimes though, people need to be told how ousiders see things, to help them get past whatever they are holding onto and move on.

like ya'll I was pretty dismayed and bitchy about that place...... I'm not at that place anymore, and I'm happy for that. Some of you will have friends in both places which is cool, others will never go back.... that's cool too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ....... sometimes just being happy is a good thing.

Happy is good. It should kinda be the whole basis of hanging around with folks you get to know. I like meeting new people here as well, and have friends still over a the "place not to be named" and am cool popping between. Still, life only allows a certain number of hours to accomplish the long list of daily crap, so hanging out in specific threads is, at least for me, more time efficient. I enjoy checking out some of the hardware threads here, just like there.

The thing I don't honestly get is this thread is in the "social" non-vape related section. There are lots of such threads here. I haven't had time to poke through most of them, but I assume conversations on all sorts of non-vape things go on (I did lurk on your thread for a bit @Whiskey, nice friendly place you have there :)) and some other threads here like the political thread here that is certainly lively and entertaining even if short on actual fact stuff, but plenty of strongly held opinions. That thread might not (well, definitely not) be on my must read list, but they're free to express themselves however they see fit. Which I thought would be pretty much the same as here.

If this were in a General Discussion thread or being billed as somehow about vaping (although I've obtained a great deal of vaping information from lots of very bright wompers) I could see discontent in the meandering and unfocused conversation, but how in the hell can what's being said in one SOCIAL thread be some enormous source of depressing and poisonous activity as to drive members here to distraction? We're all adults here (some more than others) and why go into a thread you're not going to enjoy participating? If everyone is going to be so sensitive about what topics being posted, what's the solution, stick to Morning!, Night!, and How's the weather?

Anyway, it's getting into that relaxing evening period, so let's all sit back and relax:vino:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Happy is good. It should kinda be the whole basis of hanging around with folks you get to know. I like meeting new people here as well, and have friends still over a the "place not to be named" and am cool popping between. Still, life only allows a certain number of hours to accomplish the long list of daily crap, so hanging out in specific threads is, at least for me, more time efficient. I enjoy checking out some of the hardware threads here, just like there.

The thing I don't honestly get is this thread is in the "social" non-vape related section. There are lots of such threads here. I haven't had time to poke through most of them, but I assume conversations on all sorts of non-vape things go on (I did lurk on your thread for a bit @Whiskey, nice friendly place you have there :)) and some other threads here like the political thread here that is certainly lively and entertaining even if short on actual fact stuff, but plenty of strongly held opinions. That thread might not (well, definitely not) be on my must read list, but they're free to express themselves however they see fit. Which I thought would be pretty much the same as here.

If this were in a General Discussion thread or being billed as somehow about vaping (although I've obtained a great deal of vaping information from lots of very bright wompers) I could see discontent in the meandering and unfocused conversation, but how in the hell can what's being said in one SOCIAL thread be some enormous source of depressing and poisonous activity as to drive members here to distraction? We're all adults here (some more than others) and why go into a thread you're not going to enjoy participating? If everyone is going to be so sensitive about what topics being posted, what's the solution, stick to Morning!, Night!, and How's the weather?

Anyway, it's getting into that relaxing evening period, so let's all sit back and relax:vino:
Very well said Eskie. Cheers. :vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_lfd7l3wndq1qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif
Keep an eye on us.
Some think we want to take over ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had go to Jesus talk with SIL earlier. She is such an insane bitch.
I followed it up with "and why the hell are you wearing panties over your slacks'.
To which she replied 'It is a new fashion'.
I said 'only for crazy people'.

Sad, funny and aggravating as hell.
She is a Trump supporter as well ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After seeing that (did you have to sit next to her as well?), I think I would have needed a nap too, totally convinced I had just had a nightmare.
Ohh no sitting next to her and no more in my house. She quit taking baths a while back.
Besides might have to defend myself or my wife.
SIL is Bat Shit crazy and thinks she is fine.

such is my world.....

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a member at ecf for a day... maybe two back in... 2010 I think it was. Nothing to bitch about but some of your gripes are pretty funny.

Anyway, seen this thread in new posts a few times and popped in to see what it was... so hi ecf peeps!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a member at ecf for a day... maybe two back in... 2010 I think it was. Nothing to bitch about but some of your gripes are pretty funny.

Anyway, seen this thread in new posts a few times and popped in to see what it was... so hi ecf peeps!
Hello and welcome fq.
Hang around and join in if you want we are mostly a friendly bunch.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SIL is wife's sister and even wife doesn't want her around so why is this permitted? No comprende amigo...
(most crazy people think they are normal and the rest of us have something wrong with us)
There is NO other family. Just those 2 are left.
Kinda have to provide food and such....
Had her institutionalized a couple of times this year. They keep her a couple of weeks and turn her loose.
She was doing pretty well (for her) till the first of this year. When she decided to go off her meds...
BiPolar, delusional, paranoid, and now also seems to have dementia.

Could get to be court assigned as her guardian but she is unmanageable. Sad situation...

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two things I refuse to discuss on an open forum (even in humor): Religion and Politics. Both can make your best friend hate you. o_O
I'm the same as you! My mom and dad raised my niece so she's like the bratty little sister I never had. For years and years, she never stepped foot into a church but now she's there every time the doors are open. I'm the opposite. For years and years I went to church and now only go for weddings and funerals. I'm the heathen, she's the saint(in her eyes, not mine). I am what I am...no pretenses.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the same as you! My mom and dad raised my niece so she's like the bratty little sister I never had. For years and years, she never stepped foot into a church but now she's there every time the doors are open. I'm the opposite. For years and years I went to church and now only go for weddings and funerals. I'm the heathen, she's the saint(in her eyes, not mine). I am what I am...no pretenses.
I was raised in church. I learned that belief in God has little to do with religion.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Neither of those subjects bother me cause I do not believe in either one.
Yup... been there, done that... don't have to walk on water because those of us from Antares just levitate over it. :)
As for believing... I believe it is my bedtime and my cats are demanding my feet get in position to be used as their pillows.
Nighty night my friends.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was raised in church. I learned that belief in God has little to do with religion.
Me too. And that's why I no longer go.

I love my niece to death and she has learned that I will not be preached to. So we agreed to disagree and that was the end of it.

Think I'm going to follow Draco and head off to bed. Have a great night Mr Cromwell!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Welcome to the nuthouse! We are all a bit (ok more than a bit) crazy here sometimes, so don't say you weren't warned.:)

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Definitely hang out.

There is NO other family. Just those 2 are left.
Kinda have to provide food and such....
Had her institutionalized a couple of times this year. They keep her a couple of weeks and turn her loose.
She was doing pretty well (for her) till the first of this year. When she decided to go off her meds...
BiPolar, delusional, paranoid, and now also seems to have dementia.

Could get to be court assigned as her guardian but she is unmanageable. Sad situation...

That is a horrible situation. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. Getting her to stay on her meds is always the tough part.

You have a point. Political and religious views both are often based on blind acceptance of what someone else says is true, with no attempt to rationally examine that "truth".

Because when views are based on belief rather than facts, reasoning will get you nowhere.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh no sitting next to her and no more in my house. She quit taking baths a while back.
Besides might have to defend myself or my wife.
SIL is Bat Shit crazy and thinks she is fine.

such is my world.....
THAT sucks. Hugs.
I'm done with that thread in the mud pit. I felt as if I was back in Jr High again. :eek:
I'm off to work in a bit. Y'all have fun!!!!

VU Sponsors