Become a Patron!

WTB: LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok so since Im tired of waiting and waiting for people to post good deals for stuff I want only to see stuff I want posted at too high of a price for a USED product. Ill just post what Im looking for and teh prices Im willing to pay
I will pay PP FandF
prices include shipping car eles if its 1st class or priority provide dits tracking included

so lets tart with Mods must be fully functional

IPV 5 prefer blue or red $25
hexohm v2.1 NOT v3 $50
hexohm v3 the chinese clone $15
d3 $15
ipv 3li $20

rta/rdas
velocity style rda $10
griffin 22m must have at least 1 good glass - $10

yeah lets start there and see if i get any hits

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you velocity styled RDA is answered for. FT sells them for <$10 new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i want to buy USED mods and attys at what i feel is a reasonable price

your comment is no different then me jumping on a WTS thread and stating you can buy the same item for less or the same price new or few a few bucks more

the price of a NEW item includes warranty and in most cases ability to return etc That is not included in these USED sales normally

there is also a serious element of risk with many sellers. we have all seen the negative posts when buyers get screwed on here.

but i feel what I am offering is FAIR.; If someone has something I am looking for and is willing to let it go for the price I am offering, then great if not move along

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
i want to buy USED mods and attys at what i feel is a reasonable price

your comment is no different then me jumping on a WTS thread and stating you can buy the same item for less or the same price new or few a few bucks more

the price of a NEW item includes warranty and in most cases ability to return etc That is not included in these USED sales normally

there is also a serious element of risk with many sellers. we have all seen the negative posts when buyers get screwed on here.

but i feel what I am offering is FAIR.; If someone has something I am looking for and is willing to let it go for the price I am offering, then great if not move along
Not to be confrontational but the amount of smooth transactions here out weigh the negative :)

Just a fact worth pointing out ,good luck in your search...

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, this is part of your market research discussion right?

What you're trying to find out is called a free market. Pretty much prices will go up and down due to demand. Say FS posts go up and stay up without a buyer, then naturally prices fall. Or say a very popular atty like a Rose V2 goes gets snapped up in minutes, future posts will naturally go up. It's simply a nature of supply and demand.

Look at it this way, there are products that are harmful and the price goes up each time it's watered down with even more harmful additives. They're called ******* and ****. That happens when demand outstrips supply.

Now look at take other products such as Blackberries and Amazon tablets, they're literally theft proof and prices are often 20% of MSRP new, why? Because demand isn't there.

In a nutshell there is no "correct" price per say, just what people are willing to pay for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
People need to stop over valuing stuff. Unless it is a rare item, 50% retail is more than fair for used crap

The thing is, with shipping costs & effort to ship & gas costs ETC alot of the time its not worth it to sell smaller items. For example i always try to ship priority, which is 6.80 minimum here in CA. Its insured & has tracking, REALLY convenient for selling via forum. for a $20 item lets say, thats only 13.20 im getting after shipping, plus possible paypal fees (if not confident to do F&F) and also gas fees, with time it takes to go to post.. id be getting around $10 real numbers. That kind of sucks considering the fact we are assuming i paid $40 for this item (selling for $20 at 50% retail).. Alot of work to get 1/4 of what i paid for it.

Now, we are talking hypothetical situations, but at that point.. i dont know what the hardware is but id probably just keep it. Thats why ive been trying to list my things as a lot or group deal lately. cause of shipping prices. This has nothing to do with OP, i am just expressing a legitimate reason why you might not see alot of hardware at 50% off, especially for smaller priced items like i mentioned.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
No one is forcing you to buy anything from any of us.

If you feel we charge too much then that's your opinion and that's ok but you have to understand that when you post a thread here where many of us buy and trade with each other weekly and pretty much tell us we are over pricing then we might get defensive.

That being said if anyone has Kayfun 5 I can snag for say $25 shoot me PM lol

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you feel we charge too much then that's your opinion and that's ok but you have to understand that when you post a thread here where many of us buy and trade with each other weekly and pretty much tell us we are over pricing then we might get defensive.

That ^

If something posted is bought then it's not too expensive. The top shelf Apple watches sold for 17K, coming from a companies first foray into watches. Unfair, insane, overpriced? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but being sold out is a fact not an opinion.

The only things that require a set price is captive markets, e.g health care, medicines - and no I didn't vote for Bernie -

Vaping doesn't fall under that and cases anything >$30 a luxury. Do we really need anything more than say an AIO for nicotine replacement?

So at the end of the day, there is no right amount for a price as long as buyers accept.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

why get defensive I am simply making offers on items i want.
and yes i understand the free market just fine.
and what i am doing is part of the free market.
but vash since you said something. You just posted a day or so ago a USED 3li for $45. You can buy them for $45 new at wake and vape...so yeah that is over priced. Asking the same price for a used item that it sells for new. and its a mass produced item. No idea why you'd be defensive

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
but vash since you said something. You just posted a day or so ago a USED 3li for $45. You can buy them for $45 new at wake and vape...so yeah that is over priced. Asking the same price for a used item that it sells for new. and its a mass produced item. No idea why you'd be defensive
I'm personally not upset or defensive just stating why some might be and I understand what your saying :)

You should jump on that deal then while you can then .I based my price off what I see them being sold for almost everywhere else which is still about $70 so based off that my price is fair IMO but to each his own and again grab one for $45 if you can

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah we have guys like that in my home forum, either low ball in bulk or snatch up PIFs and invariably it show up on classifieds months later. What was scary was seeing batteries packaged along for sale or "comps" started up for mechs that shorted after it was "squonk modded" but in the end it's all good, most buyers and sellers are quite familiar with who's who and what have been changing hands, so unless we were dealing with a member with 2 accs/IDs we at worse have to put up with incessant re-posts and bumps.
Dumbest most inefficient way to make a buck but each to their own.

As long as no ones face and hands are at risk I've come to realize the beauty of a free market is that it eventually sorts itself out.

As to your WTB, it's all kosher, if someone has 1. those items listed 2. Willing to part with said items 3. Agree to price offered then your post works for you!

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As to your WTB, it's all kosher, if someone has 1. those items listed 2. Willing to part with said items 3. Agree to price offered then your post works for you!

thats all im trying to do
im listing what im looking for and willing to pay. if someone has any of it and wants to sell it at that price then lets go. I have my opinion of a fair price, others have their own opinion. not trying to start an arguement with anyone. Just trying to find a deal

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
im listing what im looking for and willing to pay. if someone has any of it and wants to sell it at that price then lets go. I have my opinion of a fair price, others have their own opinion. not trying to start an arguement with anyone. Just trying to find a deal
This is a free market. You are not doing anything wrong. Bump for you buddy.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Fair enough man and good luck :)

F

fckaugust8th

With all of this said, good luck my friend.....most people would rather keep their items than sell for 40% RRP.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The cost of the mods he's looking for makes ZERO sense to obtain used, when the prices for them new has hit rock bottom. It's just fucking silly

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seriously, I don't know why anyone here jumps on this thread to argue.

The guy is listing his WTB list, and the prices he is willing to pay. It's no less reasonable than someone listing something for sale, at a price that is too high.

Over priced USED stuff is common on the forum. People that want to buy early, pay the higher price, then recoup a used price for the same as a new mod is COMMON here.

Silly or not, I can see a guy trying to stretch his vape budget.

Let's remember something..... This is VAPE GEAR, aka throw away shit. There is no value in a mod with a burned out board, nor a shop that repairs this shit. If you buy a toaster for 20 bucks, are you selling it for 18 bucks used? Are you going to fix it when it shits out? No and no. Vape gear is disposable shit. Hence, no value.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not exactly,
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/price-research.249038/
I'd say the intent wasn't really to buy.

Offering $10 for a velocity clone used was the first giveaway.

It was fun commenting however and there are valid points but at the end of the day, a sale is a transaction at an agreed price. There's lowballers and rip off merchants in any mix...the beauty of an open trading post (one everyone can see as opposed to PMs) free market corrects these anomalies ;)

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well not exactly,
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/price-research.249038/
I'd say the intent wasn't really to buy.

Offering $10 for a velocity clone used was the first giveaway.

It was fun commenting however and there are valid points but at the end of the day, a sale is a transaction at an agreed price. There's lowballers and rip off merchants in any mix...the beauty of an open trading post (one everyone can see as opposed to PMs) free market corrects these anomalies ;)

So he feels buying it and INCLUDING shipping for 10 bucks is fair. What's your beef?

At the end of the day, again, all this vape gear is throw AWAY shit. There is no NADA price for this, like their isn't for yard sale items. People that get new price for used shit are no different than a retailer marking up their items 100-400 percent of wholesale. They are in it for all they can get, then they are gone. They are suckering people who don't know any better.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None whatsoever. This whole thread is entertaining to all.

You get to see a whole spectrum of vaping mercantilism, from those that do not believe in depreciation to say the OP who really like cheap gear and $50 coupons. Me? I like cheap mods and pricey atties, and I liked to be entertained.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
let me clarify what I meant by velocity rda

im not looking for some fancy expensive brand. I was referring to a velocity styled rda, be it an authentic whatever with a velocity deck, or a clone of something. I know you can get velocity clones for around $10 new from china. And tbh its just something on my wish list not what im looking for to use every day. i prefer my griffins for daily driving.

I bought a 3li used a year ago for $50. when the cheapest you could find them was about $85. from a vape shop employee in town. plus it had a nice looking well cared for wrap on it. Nowadays you can get them for under $50 new, so now im not willing to pay that much or near it for a used one;

You can go on vape crawler and see all kinds of prices for these items
and many times you can go find coupons and lower the price more.

I have everything I need atm hardware wise.
but Id like some backups and im trying to stretch my money the furthest I can.
In a few months people may think the prices I offered are high or even more ridiculously lower, depending on what happens with FDA regs.

If you have what Im looking for and willing to part with it for the prices or close to the prices Im offering - PM me simple enough

Im entitled to my opinion of a fair price the same as anyone else

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the other approach, I focus on making more instead of spending less.

That way I get better doing more of what I love instead of waiting on another's fiscal apathy. And vaping compared to other pursuits is relatively thrifty.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went the other approach, I focus on making more instead of spending less.

That way I get better doing more of what I love instead of waiting on another's fiscal apathy. And vaping compared to other pursuits is relatively thrifty.

Funny.
My approach has been making more money too. I own my own business. For my business, every expense, like tools, marketing, whatever, is always the best money can buy. It's also a tax write off and a wiser investment.

But I like to be frugal with my personal expenses. The more I save, the more I have for retirement and "rainy day" shit. I can't write off personal shit like vaping gear. And besides, this gear is throw away stuff.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I'm either frugal or spendthrift with vaping. A bit of both.

1) Mods, I've gone cheap but functional with Evic mini's, cuboids and cheap but fairly solid mechs. Made IMO mistakes buying a couple of provaris. At the end of the day it's something that provides a electrical current, no more, no less. I probably will spend on one pricey tube mod and leave it at that.

2) Batteries: I like my face, I've stuck with LG, Sony and Samsung so far.

3) Atomisers: here I have bought premiums and found it's buying a handful of great RTA and RDAs that to buy and try a heap of cheap ones. Looking back I wish I knew about the Rose V2, Origen and In'ax and not have wasted time and money on lesser gear. Unlike mods better atties do deliver much better results.

4) Juice: I like my DIYs.. A lot. Enough said.

5) Tools: decent coiler, ceramic pliers, cutters, resistance meter.
It's not much but having the right tool for the job just makes things easier.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Funny.
My approach has been making more money too. I own my own business. For my business, every expense, like tools, marketing, whatever, is always the best money can buy. It's also a tax write off and a wiser investment.

But I like to be frugal with my personal expenses. The more I save, the more I have for retirement and "rainy day" shit. I can't write off personal shit like vaping gear. And besides, this gear is throw away stuff.

This is besides the fact of the argument OP and other people are getting into, but to a lot of us vaping isn't "throw away shit"... First of all, quality vape gear could last a lifetime. I have some devices I've had for years and show no signs of slowing down. There are plenty of people and outlets that repair vape gear, build it themselves, and mod devices on the market.

Vape gear saves people's lives, so it might just be "throw away shit" to you, but to a lot of other people, it's much more than that. I give away hardware to friends and family who I want to quit smoking as well, and I buy quality gear I am confident in giving away or recommending. This is kind of irrelevant, but you should convey your opinion in a way that might not insult other people's opinions. Personally, the hardware in my collection that is >$100 is the exact opposite of throw away shit. I plan on keeping the stuff for a good while, and getting proper use out of them, I don't see myself chucking them in the trash.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok I found it and brought it forward, this is not a debate thread, those threads go elsewhere

Ill just post what Im looking for and teh prices Im willing to pay
I will pay PP FandF
prices include shipping car eles if its 1st class or priority provide dits tracking included

hexohm v2.1 NOT v3 $50
d3 $15
ipv 3li $20

rta/rdas
velocity style rda $10

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok so since Im tired of waiting and waiting for people to post good deals for stuff I want only to see stuff I want posted at too high of a price for a USED product. Ill just post what Im looking for and teh prices Im willing to pay
I will pay PP FandF

hexohm v2.1 NOT v3 $50
d3 $15
ipv 3li $20

rta/rdas
velocity style rda $10

Are you looking for a legit hex for 50$ ?

If you find them that low buy a few, or you can look at the storm mods and clones on ft.
That board is cheap, with the legit you're paying for the box and other peripherals along with the durability and warranty.
Mine dropped off the 2nd floor baclocony onto a parking lot. Works like new, but even beat up I can't see it going for less than a 120$.
They appear to hold their value that well.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks for all the advice folks

the warranty on the hex is not something I consider value added. Yes it is a life time warranty, but not for accidental damage, and if they go out of business due to fda regs or for other reasons its useless. Its a $10-15 board with some nice parts. I know im super low balling the price on it based upon what it sells for. I will probably wind up buying a china clone and swapping the board and have the same thing for less than $75 and 20 minutes of solder/assembly work but to me thats what its worth. Everyone has their own opinion and that is mine

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Mattp169
What is the item you are WTB, because this area is for sales threads only.
i really dont see what is so hard to see, the OP says it all, not sure why you felt the need to ask a question when the original post was quite clear and I was breaking no rules or anything. nothing needed modded, my op didnt need reposted.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

the warranty on the hex is not something I consider value added. Yes it is a life time warranty, but not for accidental damage, and if they go out of business due to fda regs or for other reasons its useless. Its a $10-15 board with some nice parts. I know im super low balling the price on it based upon what it sells for. I will probably wind up buying a china clone and swapping the board and have the same thing for less than $75 and 20 minutes of solder/assembly work but to me thats what its worth. Everyone has their own opinion and that is mine
Maybe you should look at a Tesla Invader 3 instead of a Hexohm

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But then there is freight for the board and clone, not to mention time used order them, then time to swap. Like DIY, it ain't cheaper if you factor in the time. That said I love DIY batches more than store ones of late.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

A lot of the china clones use the same board.
What you have to look at is workmanship, the peripherals (510) and other materials. You can build something similar for less, but then yeah that warranty isn't there. By less I mean material cost. Factor in the custom box and finish and 200$ is fair the 140 is a good deal.
On paper it not cover accidental damage but a lot of times they honor it anyway

I would charge 250 if I were building one.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just let the OP fish. For the prices of some of the new mods and sales, something could have been had. You can always find things at 101vape and wakeandvape.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you can build the exact same mod as the hexohm and add in a modmeter for like $100ish in parts and shipping. And that buying the parts retail

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you can build the exact same mod as the hexohm and add in a modmeter for like $100ish in parts and shipping. And that buying the parts retail
But that's $50 more than your "expected" price

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you dont see me doing anything
could you all stop messing with my thread now

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
you dont see me doing anything
could you all stop messing with my thread now
Oh....so now you want this thread to be like a typical hardware thread, where folks interested in helping you find your wares can post, with no other comments?
ahhhh ok gotcha.:rolleyes::wait:

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought. Starting up controversy ensures this post remains on top. Ignore and it will just disappear. One of my main loves about Reddit. Rubbish posts just get downvotes into oblivion ;)

VU Sponsors