Become a Patron!

Yogurt mix request

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, been working on a few.. Nothing has came out how I like... But I am picky lol.
I've been looking at creamy bases as an alternative... Well not as much 'an alternative'... But more so... As a good trialed and tested start point and I think I've found it.
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Coconut (TPA)
Marshmallow (CAP)
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
Whipped Cream (TPA)

The above mix is
MILKSTONE v3 by eternity over at
e-liquid-recipes.com

I plan too add
Creamy Yogurt (CAP)
Greek Yogurt (TPA) and
Meringue (FA)

The complete mix will be used as a yogurt/cream base to be added at around 5-6%
(just like a flavor concentrate).
I will have to see how this goes, just awaiting my last couple of concentrate which will be here tomorrow, before I start

So the base, when done will be made up from the above mentioned with:

0 mg nic.
(to be added when you add fruit, VG, PG or other flavours to cream base)

All my flavours are PG based, so base will be 100% PG

I'm looking at making a 5ml tester base, so Flavor total for 5 ml will be 100% flavourings

Obviously this can't or shouldn't be used alone, it's to be used as a flavour concentrate.

As with any recipe - my version may needs tweaks, but the milkstone's proven on other sites so should be good, all props to eternity for the idea and recipe base.

Let the mixing begin

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Silent Solution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found a recipe a wile ago but ended up tweaking it. Been vaping it for about 2 months. Pretty Good.

4% Cap Greek Yogurt
3% TFA Strawberry (Ripe)
2% TFA Vanilla swirl
1% TFA whipped cream

Couldn't believe how good it was. I sometimes add some TFA Bavarian Cream.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has been any others idea as to taste like ones we purchase . Something is missing just can't figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thankyou I will try it
Has any one seen a ecigexspress coupon for 10% off for this week. I saw but forgot to write down the coupon ..
Thanks

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, ..Squonk,Took your advice and decided to go back to basics and tried the 7%+7%, just lacked a little... So upped it a little and messed around .

Ended up at this below... Which I love, straight shake and Vape. I think with a steep to get some maturity it could be great. It's a great start point and a really nice, simple mix.

Recipe.

8% Capella Sweet Strawberry
7% Capella Creamy Yogurt
1% Capella Sweet Cream
1 Drop Sweetener
1 Drop Citric Acid (Lemon Juice)

I made up a 6ML sample mix of
6mg Nick and at a 50/50 Vg/Pg.

Will be making up a 30 ml bottle for steep and a 30 ml 'Shake and Vape'

So that's one down and many to go, now looking for improvement lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Is that just a drop of real lemon juice... Lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has been any others idea as to taste like ones we purchase . Something is missing just can't figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne has a Strawberry Yogurt recipe at:http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/strawberry-yogurts/

I used his Yogurt base and made Peach Yogurt instead, but with EM only at 0.5% or 1%.
It was kinda sour without the EM, and I liked it better with the EM.
Have yet to try the Strawberry one tho.

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Adding this recipe:

Has anyone tried the Toronne FA with yogurt? I keep thinking of those yogurt infused nougat bars. Squonk your recipe looks good also maybe a good base to play with toronne for that yogurt bar.

Ooh I was so close to doing that this afternoon but I chickened out. Had I seen your thread earlier I would've done it. I'll try it and report here... I know it's an old thread, but still. And to add my own recipe:

Very simple, very close to the real thing.
Pineapple vanilla yogurt -
0.5% Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA)
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
1.5% Pineapple (FA)
4% Yogurt (FA)
Flavor total: 7%

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
1.5% Pineapple (FA)
4% Yogurt (FA)
Steep time on this one? Looks good!

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Steep time on this one? Looks good!
You know... I just jumped the gun and started vaping it immediately. Warning: chain vaping will bring back that sourness :)
I stopped before guzzling the whole thing and intend to let it steep for a week. Let me know how you like it.

EDIT: let it sit for a night -

Here are the notes I posted somewhere else about this recipe (if that is of any help)
I used Cream Fresh to round up the acid edge of yogurt and Vanilla to counter the tartness of Pineapple. And I picked bourbon to be sure I was in the caramel end of vanilla, and not on the floral notes (like Tahity would, imo).
The trick I found to not hit the sour notes was to vape it at lower wattage, (for me 25-27wtts)
At higher temps it starts to "burn" and the sour kicks in. I hope this makes sense :)

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used Cream Fresh to round up the acid edge of yogurt and Vanilla to counter the tartness of Pineapple.

Just wondering if the FA Yogurt has that "sour twang" my other Yogurts seem to be missing?

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Adding this recipe:

Ooh I was so close to doing that this afternoon but I chickened out. Had I seen your thread earlier I would've done it. I'll try it and report here... I know it's an old thread, but still. And to add my own recipe:

Very simple, very close to the real thing.
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
1.5% Pineapple (FA)
4% Yogurt (FA)
Looks Tasty

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wayne has a Strawberry Yogurt recipe at:http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/strawberry-yogurts/

I used his Yogurt base and made Peach Yogurt instead, but with EM only at 0.5% or 1%.
It was kinda sour without the EM, and I liked it better with the EM.
Have yet to try the Strawberry one tho.

I use this as a base also. I added 0.5% FA Coconut and also lowered the EM. Add your fruits from there. Think last time I lowered the strawberry and added some banana cream.

Last edited:

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wondering if the FA Yogurt has that "sour twang" my other Yogurts seem to be missing?

Hey Headbob -
I haven't vaped FA yogurt as a stand alone. But I can tell you that with a citrusey fruit like pineapple, you definitely hit that natural sourness. It's almost lassi like.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey Headbob -
I haven't vaped FA yogurt as a stand alone. But I can tell you that with a citrusey fruit like pineapple, you definitely hit that natural sourness. It's almost lassi like.

If found this same thing with the other Yogurts myself, the sour part seems to come from the fruits used.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use this as a base also. I added 0.5% FA Coconut and also lowered the EM. Add your fruits from there. Think last time I lowered the strawberry and added some banana cream.

I probably used the word "sour" the wrong way, lol.
But it wasn't the "tart" kind of sour, but maybe bitter, or sour milk?
Hard to describe anyway

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If found this same thing with the other Yogurts myself, the sour part seems to come from the fruits used.
I'm going to give it a go and try it as a standalone just to see what it carries - I'll test while it is steeping. Give me two three days. But I see what you mean when you mean sour - it's kind of unique to yogurt - close to malt but not exactly.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try FW Yogurt for that twang. I mix it with TFA Greek to tame the twang.

Yep tried that one too but I think it's actually sweeter than the rest, go figure.
Maybe I need to go higher tho, thinking I was using 5-6% maybe.

Next idea to try is adding some ACV, FA Liquid Amber, Malic Acid and/or Citric Acid.
Trying to increase the "acidic" part but with neutral impact on the flavor.
Trying to make a plain Yogurt base first.

Lactic Acid is the sour/tartness part that comes from fermented milk in real Yogurts.
Think they add it to make homemade beer more sour/tart also.
Just don't know if it's safe to vape, lol.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep tried that one too but I think it's actually sweeter than the rest, go figure.
Maybe I need to go higher tho, thinking I was using 5-6% maybe.

Next idea to try is adding some ACV, FA Liquid Amber, Malic Acid and/or Citric Acid.
Trying to increase the "acidic" part but with neutral impact on the flavor.
Trying to make a plain Yogurt base first.

Lactic Acid is the sour/tartness part that comes from fermented milk in real Yogurts.
Think they add it to make homemade beer more sour/tart also.
Just don't know if it's safe to vape, lol.
Here's a mix that uses both and came out very nice after a 10-15 day steep. (Just to give you an idea)
After screwing around with yogurt for about a year I'm reluctant to buy anymore/different yogurt flavorings and think I'll just stick with something like this till I run out of what I have. I've been in "use what I got" mode for the past few months and trying some of the flavors that have been sitting neglected.

Caramel Yogurt
Caramel(FA) 2%
Butterscotch(FA) 1%
Yogurt(FW) 3%
Greek Yogurt(TFA) 2%
VBIC(CAP) 3% (bet you saw that one coming :D)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VBIC(CAP) 3% (bet you saw that one coming :D)

Anybody who didn't, hasn't been paying attention! :D

Squonk, did you ever try FA Yogurt? I think it has a bit of that sour/tang note to it. I like it in low percentages.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody who didn't, hasn't been paying attention! :D

Squonk, did you ever try FA Yogurt? I think it has a bit of that sour/tang note to it. I like it in low percentages.
I haven't tried FAs. I may get it next order(against my wallets better judgment) I'm putting an big order together now for my must haves. I always take advantage of any holiday sales and load up for 6mos. PLEASE HOLD-----------
Okay in the cart.

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried the Toronne FA with yogurt? I keep thinking of those yogurt infused nougat bars. Squonk your recipe looks good also maybe a good base to play with toronne for that yogurt bar.

Alright I tried it. It works very well. Great idea.
I wouldn't think to push torrone so far up but I find it delicious just fresh like that, it's really supports the yogurt quite well, and sometimes tastes like an advanced orange cream (my next experiment with torrone).
No steeping.
I am using max VG so it makes it quite smooth. I don't know what the result would be with a higher PG/VG ratio.
Not an ADV IMO because well, it's still yogurt - but I love switching ejuices in my dripper and I like this very singular mix. Hope you enjoy it.

Smooth toronne vanilla
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.80% Torrone (FA)
3% Yogurt (FA)
Flavor total: 5.3%

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys win. I have FA Yogurt on the way along with $75 worth of other stuff from BCV. They have 10% off today only(Coupon code "Memorial10"). ECX has 15% off(excludes CAPs & Loranns, but they were out of the first thing I wanted so I said screw it, been down that road before. BCV had everything I was looking for. Out of all the stuff I have coming, I'm really looking forward to try INW Waffle.

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Couple questions:

Is the current FA yogurt diacetyl free?

I'm a fruit and candy guy because I just can't stand bakeries, breads, and creams. They smell great but leave this awful feeling or flavor in my mouth. This greatly limits my DIY'ing flavor and recipe choices. However, I've tried the current Yogurt by FA from my nicotine river, and I absolutely love it. No bready feeling/flavor. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it the diacetyl? Are the other companies yogurt flavors safe for me?

VU Sponsors