nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have you had any luck with getting the champagne-silver BB going again?
(That is if you've had the time to mess with it)

I thought I did have it working, but it didn't last long. I'm afraid juice has leaked onto the board and messed things up - OR - the negative battery contact is no good. It would be easy enough to find out if that's the problem, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I thought I did have it working, but it didn't last long. I'm afraid juice has leaked onto the board and messed things up - OR - the negative battery contact is no good. It would be easy enough to find out if that's the problem, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
I hope that it's not juice that got to the board!

I guess a problem with the negative contact isn't much better but sounds like something someone could fix.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
P.S: Will barely post here since i always use the same combo of mod,rda and e-liquid.
Hi and Welcome- :wave:

Oh post anyways! I have been using the same combos for a while now. I have many mods and tanks that I used to use now in my storage bins. The ones I have been posting here are the group that I mainly use now. I am sure people are probably sick of seeing them, but want to keep this thread active and great to have other members like you post here as well, no mater what they are using!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 206692

This one i only use a couple times a day.
Still gotta do the video review so i don't want to get the coil burnt before i do the review.
It's the new Drag H40,not a bad device although it does feel a bit small in my hands but performance wise it is pretty good.

I have a red/maroon Drag H80 that came a few months ago. I like Voopoo's pod mods (esp the OG Drag X w/RBA), and this one is not much different (except I haven't found an RBA for the tank), but the one thing that just burns me is that it goes dark after sitting idle for a few minutes. It takes two clicks of the fire button to get it going again - and yeah, I know that's a first-world problem, and it wouldn't be a problem at all if I wasn't a forgetful mess, but I am. I always forget about those two clicks, so then I'm sitting somewhere, distracted, and waiting for the blasted thing to fire.

The Lost Vape Centaurus Q80 is similar without the aggravating sleep issue. It's a better size, and really I think a better vape, as much as I hate to say that. I've been a big Voopoo fan for a long time, but in this instance, I think LV has them beat.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I have a red/maroon Drag H80 that came a few months ago. I like Voopoo's pod mods (esp the OG Drag X w/RBA), and this one is not much different (except I haven't found an RBA for the tank), but the one thing that just burns me is that it goes dark after sitting idle for a few minutes. It takes two clicks of the fire button to get it going again - and yeah, I know that's a first-world problem, and it wouldn't be a problem at all if I wasn't a forgetful mess, but I am. I always forget about those two clicks, so then I'm sitting somewhere, distracted, and waiting for the blasted thing to fire.

The Lost Vape Centaurus Q80 is similar without the aggravating sleep issue. It's a better size, and really I think a better vape, as much as I hate to say that. I've been a big Voopoo fan for a long time, but in this instance, I think LV has them beat.

Just tested it out and this one the Drag H40 doesn't have that problem.
Goes to sleep,press fire once and you vaping,so no two clicks for this model.

Lost Vape has put out some good models,remember using the Grus as my main for many months.
I am a big fan of big mods so this one was ideal,the Grus along with my Jackaroos were my go to mods everyday.
Still have them stashed away in case i decide to use them one day,doubt it thou...loving my Pulse/Nitrous RDA combo.

I did buy a Centaurus M200 one day because i was chasing an all gold bling bling type of setup,so i end up with this:

BLING BLING.jpg

I do take it out once in a while,it is a head turner.
The mod itself is ok,i did review it a while back.
Performance good,looks awesome if you're into this type of design that is,only con i could come up with was the small screen and the lock button.
Screen on the smallish side,if you getting old like me no way you can read it without having to put your glasses on.
Lock switch worked without a hitch but it didn't really go all the way to the left when you locked the device,i mean its not a deal breaker but it was something that bothered me a bit.

Video review here if you want to see it:

Don't mind the Star Wars themed intro,it was just one of those days you know? lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just tested it out and this one the Drag H40 doesn't have that problem.
Goes to sleep,press fire once and you vaping,so no two clicks for this model.

Lost Vape has put out some good models,remember using the Grus as my main for many months.
I am a big fan of big mods so this one was ideal,the Grus along with my Jackaroos were my go to mods everyday.
Still have them stashed away in case i decide to use them one day,doubt it thou...loving my Pulse/Nitrous RDA combo.

I did buy a Centaurus M200 one day because i was chasing an all gold bling bling type of setup,so i end up with this:

View attachment 206697

I do take it out once in a while,it is a head turner.
The mod itself is ok,i did review it a while back.
Performance good,looks awesome if you're into this type of design that is,only con i could come up with was the small screen and the lock button.
Screen on the smallish side,if you getting old like me no way you can read it without having to put your glasses on.
Lock switch worked without a hitch but it didn't really go all the way to the left when you locked the device,i mean its not a deal breaker but it was something that bothered me a bit.

Video review here if you want to see it:

Don't mind the Star Wars themed intro,it was just one of those days you know? lol

Good job on the review! I watched it all the way through - enjoyed your "sound effects" that, you're right, would add so much to the opening of the doors on the mod's box!

I have two of the Grus mods and really enjoyed them, but my inclination to overtighten battery caps very nearly did them in. It's difficult for me to find a 21700 battery that will make and keep a connection in either of them. As I say, it's my own fault, and it took me too long to realize why I was having the connection problem. Same thing happened to three Geekvape Aegis Max mods. Live and learn.

Best LV mod I have n current rotation is the older Therion BF DNA75c. It's OLD Lost Vape, quality is just over the top, black carbon fiber on black with a matte black Asgard Mini RDA. Since you like black, you'd love this thing. Also have a Centaurus DNA250c that I use occasionally, black carbon fiber and tan leather on stainless, and have nothing bad to say about it either. It normally carries a stainless Dvarw DL RTA, which currently is in desperate need of cleaning and rebuilding. Then there's a blue leather on stainless Centaurus Quest BF regulated squonker, which is also a beauty that carries an Augvape Alexa RDA. It came as a kit with a Centaurus Solo RDA, and it's quite nice, but the stainless finish on the RDA does not match the stainless finish on the mod. Bad LV! They should know better. I use the Solo on another mod that has a glossy stainless finish.

Since this thread is supposed to be about what we're vaping today, here it is:

LV Therion BF with Asgard Mini RDA, Sea Bubbles Ice Cream DIY
iJoy Shogun with Taifun GX RTA with cable wicks (clone), Dinner Lady Bubble Gum
5AVape version of Hussar BXR boro mod with SXK clone of Mission Orbit RBA, Orange Cream diy

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Good job on the review! I watched it all the way through - enjoyed your "sound effects" that, you're right, would add so much to the opening of the doors on the mod's box!

I have two of the Grus mods and really enjoyed them, but my inclination to overtighten battery caps very nearly did them in. It's difficult for me to find a 21700 battery that will make and keep a connection in either of them. As I say, it's my own fault, and it took me too long to realize why I was having the connection problem. Same thing happened to three Geekvape Aegis Max mods. Live and learn.

Best LV mod I have n current rotation is the older Therion BF DNA75c. It's OLD Lost Vape, quality is just over the top, black carbon fiber on black with a matte black Asgard Mini RDA. Since you like black, you'd love this thing. Also have a Centaurus DNA250c that I use occasionally, black carbon fiber and tan leather on stainless, and have nothing bad to say about it either. It normally carries a stainless Dvarw DL RTA, which currently is in desperate need of cleaning and rebuilding. Then there's a blue leather on stainless Centaurus Quest BF regulated squonker, which is also a beauty that carries an Augvape Alexa RDA. It came as a kit with a Centaurus Solo RDA, and it's quite nice, but the stainless finish on the RDA does not match the stainless finish on the mod. Bad LV! They should know better. I use the Solo on another mod that has a glossy stainless finish.

Since this thread is supposed to be about what we're vaping today, here it is:

LV Therion BF with Asgard Mini RDA, Sea Bubbles Ice Cream DIY
iJoy Shogun with Taifun GX RTA with cable wicks (clone), Dinner Lady Bubble Gum
5AVape version of Hussar BXR boro mod with SXK clone of Mission Orbit RBA, Orange Cream diy

Thanks for watching the review.
Yeah i wish i had a soundboard for that review,opening the box would have been way cooler.

Shame i missed the Therion,been looking up some videos and it does look pretty good.
Gotta be honest for my vaping needs i just don't see myself spending more money on a mod with a DNA or Evolv chip,just wouldn't use it to its full potential.

Setup for today? same as yesterday hehe

Pulse V2
Nitrous RDA (single top cap)
Shiva (Sweet Edition) from A&L

Haven't used this combination in a looooooooooooong while. Lost Vape Triade + Aromamizer Plus

K1ZHULD.png

Juice is DIY strawberries and cream

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mod: Signature Vapes black SQ mechanical squonker.

RDA: Damn Vapes Mongrel with DL insert & squonk rig.

Coil: ~ 0.32 - 0.35 Ω / 3 mm ID / 26 ga / Kanthal / plain round wire.

Wick: cotton bacon prime/ variant of Scottish Roll technique I'm calling Scottish Pinch. Pinch off just a wee bit, roll it a wee bit, wick the coil, feather it out, trim.

Juice: "Junk Juice" (Extra juice mixed up one forgets ingredients listing for.)

Battery: Molicell 25 amp 18650

Notes: Vaping fairly well. Seems my Athena mods took to "killing" batteries, and I know the contacts are clean. Possibly a heat and humidity issue as it has been warmer of late. Some gremlin working for old man Murphy, I'm sure.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mod: Signature Vapes black SQ mechanical squonker.

RDA: Damn Vapes Mongrel with DL insert & squonk rig.

Coil: ~ 0.32 - 0.35 Ω / 3 mm ID / 26 ga / Kanthal / plain round wire.

Wick: cotton bacon prime/ variant of Scottish Roll technique I'm calling Scottish Pinch. Pinch off just a wee bit, roll it a wee bit, wick the coil, feather it out, trim.

Juice: "Junk Juice" (Extra juice mixed up one forgets ingredients listing for.)

Battery: Molicell 25 amp 18650

Notes: Vaping fairly well. Seems my Athena mods took to "killing" batteries, and I know the contacts are clean. Possibly a heat and humidity issue as it has been warmer of late. Some gremlin working for old man Murphy, I'm sure.

I got pissed off and threw my last Athena in the trash, after it killed two or three practically new batteries. Sorry to hear that happened to yours as well. I can't say that I know of another mech squonker that's comparable to the Athena, its shape/size and cost/durability, but that doesn't matter much if it kills batteries.

If you don't mind a recommendation, here's one for ya: keep an eye out for a Vandy Vape Requiem. It's a small mech squonker and is a great vape. The one disadvantage to it is that the only easy way to get the battery out is to remove the squonk bottle, but if I didn't forget things all the time, I would have wrapped a battery with tape to make a "pull tab" for it. Would be absolutely great with a Wasp Nano.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... Vandy Vape Requiem ...
*having looked it up on Vandy Vape site, raises brow and nods, grunts and goes hmmm*

I'll have to keep a lookout for that one. My Frank (orange door/panel/s) SQ is giving me fits on remodeling the contact bar. A bit weary of torquing around with it too much, fearing breakage. Need to get some kind of replacement sheet, bar for it before doing much more.

The black SQ is still doing well. I got its contact bar pitched right easily. It has just a tiny bit of stiffness, but depresses with a gentle nudge. It has "play" in its "throw". :) For a bit it was too stiff on me. Not anything @Syythe had done, it just had worked itself stiff from general use. Needed to put the spring back in it.

Frank looked to be the same easy fix. Ha! Frank lied to me. His contact bar is a bit softer, ergo a touch too malleable. Difficult to put the spring in something like that. Although sitting here and thinking, hm, might have an idea. Anneal the sumatwitch and that ought to add durability, as in let me add springiness.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
IMG_20230727_163938.jpg

Pulse V3
Nitrous RDA (Single coil setup)
Shiva aroma from A&L with 6mg nic at 70/30
Tobal Coils (Spanish brand) 0.42 ohms,semi closed airflow and 30 watts....NIRVANA baby!!

After 55k hits with my Pulse V2 i thought i would let it rest a bit and use a V3.
Got like 4 of them so i might as well see if i can learn to love them,so far it's a meh compared with the V2.
Hopefully it will get better *shrug*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mod: Looks like:

It is the black & silver model I got from @MannyScoot a while back. Got plenty of regular dripping tube mods put back & could drip. I like my squonking. Some of my squonking mods are being unruly PITAs currently.

RDA: Is one of these, ...

Juice: I mixed up a bit of sweet cream & cinnamon spice. Tasting pretty good. The base is unflavored max vg at 18 mg per ml nicotine.

Coil: A simple three wrap around 3 mm ID, 26 ga Kanthal hitting at 0.50 Ω.

Wick: Cotton Bacon Prime with ends feathered out.

Wattage: I'm at a whoping 30 watts.

Batter/ies: 2 new 35 amp Molicel 18650s.

All in, enjoy my vape. Y'all enjoy your vape. :)

VU Sponsors