Become a Patron!

3FVAPE sells clone goon 25 mm in the name of authentic

Hi

Unfortunately I have to inform you about my bad experienc with 3FVAPE..

I've decided to buy authentic custome vape 528 goon 25 mm RDA from 3FVAPE and I bought 4 RDA from them...Beside of pigments and scratches I have realized that 3FVAPE sells clone or style goon 25 mm RDA in the name of authentic...3FVAPE takes money of authentic and give you dirty clone goon 25 mm RDA's...
I have saved all evidence about this experience even send email to custom vape 528 and they confirmed that 3FAVPE sells clone and Custome VAPE 528 never worked with 3FVAPE..
Please stay away 3FVAPE to buy goon stuff from them..That leads you to lost your money and 3FVAPE don't refund your money as they didn't refund for me...

Attachments

• screencapture-3fvape-new-arrivals-36816-authentic-528-customs-goon-rda-rebuildable-dripping-at...jpg
    screencapture-3fvape-new-arrivals-36816-authentic-528-customs-goon-rda-rebuildable-dripping-at...jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 29
  • screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-0-2020-07-08-19_35_18.jpg
    screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-0-2020-07-08-19_35_18.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 25
  • screencapture-3fvape-order-history-2020-07-08-19_37_44.jpg
    screencapture-3fvape-order-history-2020-07-08-19_37_44.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۲۰۳.jpg
    ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۲۰۳.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 29

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Sorry about your experience with 3FVape. This has been ongoing for several years now with them. They seem to think getting factory seconds/QC rejects from the factory that makes the Goon for 528 Customs makes them authentic. I agree with you, 3F should not be selling the Goons as authentic.

They are chineese clone...They're having another pages marked goon 25mm style and It same with authentic pages...Even their youtube advertising video about authetic goon 25 mm shows that their stuff is clone...In this video you will see inside of goon 25 mm RDA and in one side of deck you will see tag 25 mm which is a perfect proof to demonstrate that this RDA is clone....In authentic Goon 25 mm RDA, both side of decks engraved by 25 mm tags...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think 3fvape may have got caught up in the MSRP thing.
I think it was this company.

Something happened like the Goons are authentic but since 3fvape is selling them for less than the MSRP so 528 Customs blacklised them and said they were all clones.

There is some story behind this but I just can't remember.

I'm going to search the forum a bit for more info. and tag a few people who may remember this more clearly.

@f1r3b1rd @Countrypami @nadalama @KingPin! do any of you all remember the Goon debacle?
What was the deal with it and was this the vendor with the authentics that 528 Customs labeled as "clones"

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
528 Custom Vapes did this exact same thing with Eightvape.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/6t6tzq
They have a photo of their payment to 528 Custom vapes in this thread:

If 528 Customs is calling 8vapes authentic RDA's "clones" then there is a great chance they do this to everybody who doesn't charge the price that 528 Customs sets in advance for the Goon RDA.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
3FVAPE goon 25 mm is clone...This is obvious....You can see the material of outer surface , The color type even the Deck that has engraved by 25 mm ...Even their bottom inside....You have so many phisical differences...I attach more pic here to see ...

Attachments

• ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۱۵۰.jpg
    ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۱۵۰.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۲۰۳.jpg
    ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۲۰۳.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۴۲۶.jpg
    ۲۰۲۰۰۵۱۳_۲۱۳۴۲۶.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
remember the 528 3F affair.
I had an authentic from 528 at the time. I went ahead and bought 3F “authentic”.
I could not tell a difference between the two in any way, shape or form.

is it a clone? By definition yes
Is it made in the same factory, by the same people as the authentic? Probably so.

Basing this on my experience with the goon 24 back in 2017(ish)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Something happened like the Goons are authentic but since 3fvape is selling them for less than the MSRP so 528 Customs blacklised them and said they were all clones.

I'm going to search the forum a bit for more info. and tag a few people who may remember this more clearly.

@f1r3b1rd @Countrypami @nadalama @KingPin! do any of you all remember the Goon debacle?
What was the deal with it and was this the vendor with the authentics that 528 Customs labeled as "clones"

Sorry, I think that might have been before I started using rebuildables. I don't remember it at all.

Will say, if 3F is really selling clones labeled as authentics, it will be the first time I've heard of them doing that. Knowing the history of 528 Customs that's posted above, I'd be skeptical about 528's response.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember that whole debacle with Goons being Clones and or unserialized authentic... over runs or unpaid batches.

My last purchase from 3F was actually for a stainless Goon22... only difference from the authentic is the post clamps bars...which coincidentally match the ones for the rescue kit available on 528’s site.

Is it a clone? Don’t care, probably is... this shit is 99% exactly as the original run I have... I put a set of rescue parts on my authentic...I wouldn’t know which was which without looking for scratches.

Sorry you feel slighted or mislead... but it’s not news, nor a thing that 3F and the like sell clones... even stated authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They went through a similar debacle with the Apocalypse/Armageddon - and Armageddon got busted for claiming the Apocalypse was U.S. made...

Did my own comparison a few years ago with Goon 22s I got directly from Custom 528 and Goon 22s on the cheap from 3F - the only difference was a mark on the velvet bags

I've always theorized the cheap from China ones are gray market - a U.S. based name brand product where there are versions for US and versions for overseas market. It is gray market when the overseas version gets sold to the US market. You see it a lot in the secondary market for high end electronics

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought 2 of those 1.5s from Eightvape a couple years ago and they are definitely authentic. Or if they're not, I don't care. The machining, o-ring tolerances, screw quality, everything is immaculate on them. Actually I traded one of them to @dubya314

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought 2 of those 1.5s from Eightvape a couple years ago and they are definitely authentic. Or if they're not, I don't care. The machining, o-ring tolerances, screw quality, everything is immaculate on them. Actually I traded one of them to @dubya314
Yeah, I couldn't tell you if it is or not. I have no complaints about it whatsoever, that's all that matters to me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They went through a similar debacle with the Apocalypse/Armageddon - and Armageddon got busted for claiming the Apocalypse was U.S. made...

Did my own comparison a few years ago with Goon 22s I got directly from Custom 528 and Goon 22s on the cheap from 3F - the only difference was a mark on the velvet bags

I've always theorized the cheap from China ones are gray market - a U.S. based name brand product where there are versions for US and versions for overseas market. It is gray market when the overseas version gets sold to the US market. You see it a lot in the secondary market for high end electronics
I was thinking that 528 hires some good machining outfit over there to make them for them and said machining outfit makes more than ordered and slips them into the market. A theory kinda like yours.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I couldn't tell you if it is or not. I have no complaints about it whatsoever, that's all that matters to me.
They were listed as authentic on Eightvape's site and I never had any reason to even question that until I heard about this controversy later.

I will say there's a local chain of shops that sells some clones and they had an og 24 stainless clone that they were selling as a clone and I'm here to tell ya that i don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between it and an authentic sold as an authentic. Best clone I ever had my hands on.

For 3FVAPE Its not just Custom vape 528 emails, Im talking about myself Because I have bought 4 goon 25 mm RDA from 3FVAPE ....
My order has been recieved but they had some pigments in their surface area like rust or metal oxidation....I never used them and kept them in the sealed box ....
When I saw them for first time I have been suspicious because the outer surface was very shining and seemed to be a cheap RDA not High End but I asked myself that 3FVAPE never do such like that and sells clone instead of authentic...

Until I saw a silver goon 25 mm RDA in my friend's hand that clearly different from 3FVAPE's RDA...First thing was the color and their surface type...In 3FVAPE RDA you will see a very shining surface that Its not continus but the authentic Goon 25 mm RDA is continuously polished and has matt silver color...I have attached 33FVAPE silver RDA with authentic silver goon 25 mm...

Another Differences is about deck...Deck of goon RDA has 2 post and in both side you will see {GO | ON} logo but 3FVAPE RDA has different side logo , in one side {GO | ON} and in another side you will see {25 | MM}..even in Youtube video of 3FVAPE in authetic page you will see that 25 mm logo and that a best proof to shows that 3FVAPE sells Clone Goon 25 mm RDA..

Im have sent so many ticket to 3FVAPE but they don't care only says we are sorry to here that or we are sorry for your inconvenience ...
Stay away from 3FVAPE , because the don't care about customers ,they sold me 4 clone GOON 25 mm in the name of authentic and I asked them for refund but my request has been rejected and a company like that hasn't worth to be trusted ....A good company never expose their reputation for 120 USD...I won't trust them anymore ....

Attached image (3FVAPE Clone Vs Authentic Goon)

Attachments

• pjimage.jpeg
    pjimage.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 23
  • RFv0WAaL.jpg
    RFv0WAaL.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 21

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one on the left is clearly a clone. The ultem airflow gives it away. My authentic OGs have metal airflow that is part of the cap.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But be aware that manufacturers will call their own product a clone if they don't like the way a vendor is selling it.

Interesting to take in advisement. I myself buy "styled" or what is most obviously cloned gear, unless I get authentic. A good example is the Wasp Nano. All of them I have are authentic. They all come from Oumier. I've bought all three I think on Fast Tech, for lower cost than Oumier charges even though they don't charge a lot. Saving money is saving money after all.

There are many RDA I've gotten as clones and not known any different from authentic. My advice if you want support a manufacture, buy their gear directly at the cost they set. But even parts of what get sold as clones trickle back to them.

I mean after all they made the original. I might want an original after using a clone to try without paying my right arm. I might not just the same, too. Still as a customer that's my right. They're still raking in dough from word of mouth adverts, even by clone users. They sell more originals. Have difficulty seeing how it hurts manufactures.

"Oh, look someone can do it cheaper for the customer." if the original is so much better quality, will it not gain more sales? And if lower quality is always cheaper for a customer, does that mean customers always want cheaper? Can you not make it cheaper at higher quality and sell more in volume to offset costs? It is a seller's market after all.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is what happens when an American company decides they are going to save a bunch of money by getting a shady Chinese company to manufacturer their "Designed in America" product.

All of a sudden they become shocked to find the shady Chinese factory that made the device for them run off 20,000 extra units to sell for themselves.

It's been happening like that every time for 5 years now.

These designers should:

a) Not bitch when the inevitable happens.
b) Get someone in the USA to build their product.

they can at least sue a US manufacturer for the clone.

This tells me that:

a) 528 cares more about money than anything else.
b) see a
c) see a again.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is what happens when an American company decides they are going to save a bunch of money by getting a shady Chinese company to manufacturer their "Designed in America" product.

All of a sudden they become shocked to find the shady Chinese factory that made the device for them run off 20,000 extra units to sell for themselves.

It's been happening like that every time for 5 years now.

These designers should:

a) Not bitch when the inevitable happens.
b) Get someone in the USA to build their product.

they can at least sue a US manufacturer for the clone.

This tells me that:

a) 528 cares more about money than anything else.
b) see a
c) see a again.

This right here is why I don't feel bad about buying clones.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

strange this tag didn’t come up in my notifications sick?

Yeah I’m only aware of the stuff you linked, never got one from there though so can’t comment further

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting to take in advisement. I myself buy "styled" or what is most obviously cloned gear, unless I get authentic. A good example is the Wasp Nano. All of them I have are authentic. They all come from Oumier. I've bought all three I think on Fast Tech, for lower cost than Oumier charges even though they don't charge a lot. Saving money is saving money after all.

There are many RDA I've gotten as clones and not known any different from authentic. My advice if you want support a manufacture, buy their gear directly at the cost they set. But even parts of what get sold as clones trickle back to them.
Just because you don't feel or taste the difference in how it vapes, doesn't also mean everyone else doesn't. If I try to mimic how most folks on here vape on an RDA, then, to me, it feels like I'm sucking in just air with a bit of flavor added, meaning there's no 'oomph', be it due to using low or medium power, or due to having poor coil placement and/or poor airflow adjustment, or due to choosing the wrong coil type and/or wrong coil dimensions, or due to a poor wicking job, or due to choosing the type of juice that tastes almost the same no matter the stuff you use for vaping it might be. If you buy speakers, how do you decide what speakers to buy? How do you compare the sound quality? Do you just toss 'em in a room, hook 'em up to a cheap underpowered amplifier, and listen at background music listening levels? Or do you use a reference quality power amplifier, do you use room acoustic treatments that are properly set up, and do you turn the volume up to reference music listening levels? My point being, a lot also depends on who is doing the comparisons, and how, or for what purpose.

As for parts of what gets sold as clones trickling back. That depends. If someone compares a mediocre performing RDA to its cloned counterpart and finds no difference, then when this same person compares each one of these two RDAs to a different, decent performing, more expensive RDA and still finds no difference, what do you guess will happen through word of mouth? Exactly... the manufacturers of decent performing RDAs are going to lose more money, not because it performs the same, but because you just can't argue with a bunch of audio egalitarians partying on the interwebz. Not even after you already just passed the double-blind listening test in question. Nor even, if hell just froze over twice.
I mean after all they made the original. I might want an original after using a clone to try without paying my right arm.
So basically, if the ripoffs did a shitty job cloning it as for how it vapes, then it'll be just bye bye authentic, based on that conclusion as opposed to reality based. I.e. bye bye authentic, even, if the authentic happens to be totally worth getting instead, due to the simple fact you goofed by trusting the ripoffs before trusting anyone else. Now, that's what I would do if I wanted to build myself a small fortune. Just tell everyone to trust the ripoffs before trusting anyone else. Telling everyone to trust the ripoffs before trusting anyone else sounds like it could be a thing.
I might not just the same, too. Still as a customer that's my right. They're still raking in dough from word of mouth adverts, even by clone users. They sell more originals. Have difficulty seeing how it hurts manufactures.
It's the customer's right to boost those specific companies that butchered all the good music with dynamic range compression and limiting, aka the loudness wars. Ultimately, the only thing that can survive is noise.
"Oh, look someone can do it cheaper for the customer." if the original is so much better quality, will it not gain more sales? And if lower quality is always cheaper for a customer, does that mean customers always want cheaper? Can you not make it cheaper at higher quality and sell more in volume to offset costs? It is a seller's market after all.
No, better quality doesn't gain more sales. The mp3 audio industry already made that plenty obvious.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
strange this tag didn’t come up in my notifications sick?

Yeah I’m only aware of the stuff you linked, never got one from there though so can’t comment further

*Apologizes in advance for the thread derailment.
testing possible forum issue.

Very odd indeed.

There is a possibility that the permissions are different/wrong for this thread.
@KingPin! you happened to be the only person that I tagged that isn't a mod.
I'll do a quick check to see.
Let me tag some people.

@Smoky Blue @gadget! @Vape Fan @Rooster Cogburn @SpectoVia @SnapDragon NY
If any of you get this tag could you please reply back in this thread to verify, Thank you.

Again, I apologize for the intrusion.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Worked here

221ccff69bdef4627ce9f472280ff934.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Very odd indeed.

There is a possibility that the permissions are different/wrong for this thread.
Let me tag some people.

If any of you get this tag could you please reply back in this thread to verify, Thank you.

Got the tag in my notifications, said I was mentioned, and I was!!! Lol
By the way, no intrusion, happy to help

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just because you don't feel or taste the difference in how it vapes, doesn't also mean everyone else doesn't.

True.

My point being, a lot also depends on who is doing the comparisons, and how, or for what purpose.

I know, I got that.

you just can't argue with a bunch of audio egalitarians partying on the interwebz. Not even after you already just passed the double-blind listening test in question. Nor even, if hell just froze over twice.

You ca not argue with egalitarians at all, full stop. *grins* Why not? Well look at my signature. Amor Fati, it means I accept whatever situation comes in life. I love it in fact, I strive only to do my best in it. I'll make the best of it, no matter what the it happens being. That is amor fati, and stoically egalitarian. :) How could one argue with that? Oh, yes, I reckon call us weirdos or freaks. We'll just, ... *grin*.

So basically, if the ripoffs did a shitty job cloning it as for how it vapes, then it'll be just bye bye authentic, based on that conclusion as opposed to reality based. I.e. bye bye authentic, even, if the authentic happens to be totally worth getting instead, due to the simple fact you goofed by trusting the ripoffs before trusting anyone else. Now, that's what I would do if I wanted to build myself a small fortune. Just tell everyone to trust the ripoffs before trusting anyone else. Telling everyone to trust the ripoffs before trusting anyone else sounds like it could be a thing.

Ah so Fast Tech and 3 F, 2F vape are all getting filthy rich by selling clones and using propaganda to confound many into buying clones? Huh. "How 'bout that?" Isn't that kind of what manufactures of authentic gear do as well. "Buy our product because its authentic. Only trust authentic." See how that cuts both ways?

It's the customer's right to boost those specific companies that butchered all the good music with dynamic range compression and limiting, aka the loudness wars. Ultimately, the only thing that can survive is noise.

No, all that survives is sound. Sound could be music, or it can be noise, Again its back to intention and you point out who perceives and their criteria for perception. *grins* Yes I can be freakish.

No, better quality doesn't gain more sales. The mp3 audio industry already made that plenty obvious.

So my point then that if one likes a clone, that's okay makes sense then. Again about who perceives and how. Teach you to argue with me, ha. No, really I didn't see it as an argument or debate. People buy clones because they're more affordable financially. I know this from stretching my own money.

We recently come to some windfall. I could buy some nice authentic gear. What am I doing? Getting some low to mid end clones to try. I can get more in number if I do than buying a singular high end clone. So our windfall I've leveraged into a buyer's market, at least for myself.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

flawless did exactly that with the “lawless” brand
Flawless tugboat and lawless steamboat were exactly the same thing made by the same people only lawless was 20 bucks where flawless was 100 dollars

Another good example was the aqua v2
The “authentic” hit FT 2 days before official release for 27 bucks...
it was verified legit and blew up the site for weeks. They had to change it to a clone but it was in fact legit and sold out the back door lf manufacturing warehouse

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Very odd indeed.

Let me tag some people.

I got it but it took me to post 21 instead of 25

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
{snip} . . . {snip}
You ca not argue with egalitarians at all, full stop. *grins* Why not? Well look at my signature. Amor Fati, it means I accept whatever situation comes in life. I love it in fact, I strive only to do my best in it. I'll make the best of it, no matter what the it happens being. That is amor fati, and stoically egalitarian. :) How could one argue with that? Oh, yes, I reckon call us weirdos or freaks. We'll just, ... *grin*.
I'm afraid you totally missed my point. "Audio egalitarians" is a tongue-in-cheek expression that is used to describe the classical-old online personas of those who regularly profess that no one can hear those specific types of differences in audio that you can't reliably detect in a double-blind listening test, when the reality is that such tests are fundamentally flawed for the fact they inherently are skewed toward "hearing no difference". (I.e., stress resulting from partaking in a test impairs the test, and the brain's natural capacity to fill in the gaps with memory imprints causes one to still always perceive sounds that no longer even exist as they are purposefully erased from the 2nd digital audio sample that was in fact copied losslessly from the 1st one before it was edited in this manner to flatout demonstrate the flagrancy of this same natural capacity, not to mention the fact that the brain's natural capacity to listen fully into an acoustic space─such as a concert hall─doesn't kick in until after the first several minutes so, if you're doing fast switching, this simply never kicks in.)
Ah so Fast Tech and 3 F, 2F vape are all getting filthy rich by selling clones and using propaganda to confound many into buying clones? Huh. "How 'bout that?" Isn't that kind of what manufactures of authentic gear do as well. "Buy our product because its authentic. Only trust authentic." See how that cuts both ways?
No, what manufacturers of authentic gear are saying is you can't judge the authentic based solely on exactly that which the authentic isn't. I.e., they're saying you need to stop pretending that, somehow, it is technically materially possible to judge an item before putting this same item under your nose, as clones compare to authentics like a cover of a book compares to the book, and you still can't judge a book by its cover so don't even try it.
No, all that survives is sound. Sound could be music, or it can be noise, Again its back to intention and you point out who perceives and their criteria for perception. *grins* Yes I can be freakish.
Well if, by your own personal definition of music, an audio CD with a Dynamic Range of zero can still be called music, then, by all means yes, I do encourage you to be freakish.
So my point then that if one likes a clone, that's okay makes sense then. Again about who perceives and how. Teach you to argue with me, ha. No, really I didn't see it as an argument or debate. People buy clones because they're more affordable financially. I know this from stretching my own money.
If one likes the musical genre called "Shred", that's okay and a Dynamic Range of zero makes sense then. :blech:
We recently come to some windfall. I could buy some nice authentic gear. What am I doing? Getting some low to mid end clones to try. I can get more in number if I do than buying a singular high end clone. So our windfall I've leveraged into a buyer's market, at least for myself.

"buyer's market"
5630dfcee672b.jpeg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm afraid you totally missed my point. "Audio egalitarians" is a tongue-in-cheek expression that is used to describe the classical-old online personas of those who regularly profess that no one can hear those specific types of differences in audio that you can't reliably detect in a double-blind listening test, when the reality is that such tests are fundamentally flawed for the fact they inherently are skewed toward "hearing no difference".
what manufacturers of authentic gear are saying is you can't judge the authentic based solely on exactly that which the authentic isn't. I.e., they're saying you need to stop pretending that, somehow, it is technically materially possible to judge an item before putting this same item under your nose, as clones compare to authentics like a cover of a book compares to the book, and you still can't judge a book by its cover so don't even try it.

Perhaps my seeming to miss the meaning itself was toingue in cheek devil's advocacy for actually seeing the point. I do know you cannot compare apples to oranges. I also know one can do fine eating plantains instead of bothering to compare, too.

\Why bother needing to compare if you can find what works for you? That was my whole point and I felt it fit the egalitarian view, not only audio egalitarian but any egalitarian, be it a sarcastic pun on egalitarians, or not.egalitarian

You'll always run into true believers of idealism like myself. Those who believe in their dreams of what can / could be. We find our niche and cleave to it. There's little to nothing anyone can argue to deter us from our view.

Not that I seek the world to burn, though sometimes I might want it to stop to let some of us off. :) I mean after all there's a big lot of "normal" folk what pollute the world with sanity and we weirdos know insanity is better to enjoy. ;) :D :p Oh and yea, I'll taste the rainbow, always! I'm never going to be in my right, or left mind. Ha!

*telephone rings* "This is the F.B.I. We want you come straight out."

"Nah, screw you. You want us straight? Not happening We. Ain't. Coming. Out.."

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps my seeming to miss the meaning itself was toingue in cheek devil's advocacy for actually seeing the point. I do know you cannot compare apples to oranges. I also know one can do fine eating plantains instead of bothering to compare, too.

\Why bother needing to compare if you can find what works for you? That was my whole point and I felt it fit the egalitarian view, not only audio egalitarian but any egalitarian, be it a sarcastic pun on egalitarians, or not.egalitarian

You'll always run into true believers of idealism like myself. Those who believe in their dreams of what can / could be. We find our niche and cleave to it. There's little to nothing anyone can argue to deter us from our view.

Not that I seek the world to burn, though sometimes I might want it to stop to let some of us off. :) I mean after all there's a big lot of "normal" folk what pollute the world with sanity and we weirdos know insanity is better to enjoy. ;) :D :p Oh and yea, I'll taste the rainbow, always! I'm never going to be in my right, or left mind. Ha!

*telephone rings* "This is the F.B.I. We want you come straight out."

"Nah, screw you. You want us straight? Not happening We. Ain't. Coming. Out.."
No, that's not idealism. Rather, it's called wishful thinking at its finest, and then being a relentless hypocrite about it by still refusing to accept that you ARE comparing apples to oranges, even, after you already just told it yourself that you do know that you can't, when the reality is that, only a moment ago, you wrote that it is PRECISLEY what you're doing, i.e., DESPITE knowing that you can't. This is not how the world works. Rather, it is how being hopelessly deluded works.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is not how the world works. Rather, it is how being hopelessly deluded works.

Odd how that plays out though. You say hopeless, I say hopeful. Wishful thinking? Yes, yes it is ... "at its finest" as you say. Why be hopeless when hope springs eternal?

Deluded? Show me one person on the planet that does not believe their beliefs are correct? All of that is delusion. Besides I know I'm deluded, which makes it the worse for me because it pushes me to go beyond what I think. How? Well if I know I'm deluded I seek outside thoughts to better grasp how things genuinely are instead of my delusion.

Guess others seeing this reality before I say it makes them deluded as well? If so how does it mark me as deluded to see that reality? Am I not only seeing what is and thus acting, thinking on it the same as others? You leave me in a tough crucible, I've no way to disprove delusion as the world is a great illusion. Pulling a sting could lead to nightmares.

What I'm meaning is the whole of selling vaping gear like selling any product, idea is marketing. And marketing relies upon illusions, misdirecting perceptions. The marketers create a stir over real product being undercut by fake product. What happens? Real product's sales boost as do fake products. You need the dark and light to create a full day, too. See where I'm left?

This is why I lump it all together. It seems I compare apples to oranges but in fact I'm just creating an array named fruits. Apples and oranges are in fact both fruits is turns out. Does that make it hypocritical to say that? I don't know. I actually really don't care either as it is me using my mind best to try to decided a complex moral issue.

cui bono? Who benefits? The manufacture/s of both the fake and real product. Rich get richer, poor get poorer. It's same old song all along.

Sorry if I don't let it divide you and me. You are a good friend if nothing else. I can see your points. Maybe I am deluded too. Hypocritical? Hm, that kind of stings some but yes possibly I am at times regarding some things. I'll try more diligently to not be at all.

I have both plenty of authentic gear and plenty of "fakke" gear. I've used both and not seen much difference for myself. You tell me though I cannot base reality off that because one's experience is not the proper to discern, but to rely upon others. Well then, back to others seeing the same as I do but I've not said. *sighs* Round and round, ...

Nope, not going to chase my tail for you. You're welcome to chase my tail if you want but somehow I'm not sure that's what you're meaning either. Maybe I ought to ask a second opinion, like say from some independent party like six psychologists. Ah, damn I'm told I'm crazy. Guess who benefits? Not me. Pays to wear a lab coat, non?

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Odd how that plays out though. You say hopeless, I say hopeful. Wishful thinking? Yes, yes it is ... "at its finest" as you say. Why be hopeless when hope springs eternal?

Deluded? Show me one person on the planet that does not believe their beliefs are correct? All of that is delusion. Besides I know I'm deluded, which makes it the worse for me because it pushes me to go beyond what I think. How? Well if I know I'm deluded I seek outside thoughts to better grasp how things genuinely are instead of my delusion.

Guess others seeing this reality before I say it makes them deluded as well? If so how does it mark me as deluded to see that reality? Am I not only seeing what is and thus acting, thinking on it the same as others? You leave me in a tough crucible, I've no way to disprove delusion as the world is a great illusion. Pulling a sting could lead to nightmares.

What I'm meaning is the whole of selling vaping gear like selling any product, idea is marketing. And marketing relies upon illusions, misdirecting perceptions. The marketers create a stir over real product being undercut by fake product. What happens? Real product's sales boost as do fake products. You need the dark and light to create a full day, too. See where I'm left?

This is why I lump it all together. It seems I compare apples to oranges but in fact I'm just creating an array named fruits. Apples and oranges are in fact both fruits is turns out. Does that make it hypocritical to say that? I don't know. I actually really don't care either as it is me using my mind best to try to decided a complex moral issue.

cui bono? Who benefits? The manufacture/s of both the fake and real product. Rich get richer, poor get poorer. It's same old song all along.

Sorry if I don't let it divide you and me. You are a good friend if nothing else. I can see your points. Maybe I am deluded too. Hypocritical? Hm, that kind of stings some but yes possibly I am at times regarding some things. I'll try more diligently to not be at all.

I have both plenty of authentic gear and plenty of "fakke" gear. I've used both and not seen much difference for myself. You tell me though I cannot base reality off that because one's experience is not the proper to discern, but to rely upon others. Well then, back to others seeing the same as I do but I've not said. *sighs* Round and round, ...

Nope, not going to chase my tail for you. You're welcome to chase my tail if you want but somehow I'm not sure that's what you're meaning either. Maybe I ought to ask a second opinion, like say from some independent party like six psychologists. Ah, damn I'm told I'm crazy. Guess who benefits? Not me. Pays to wear a lab coat, non?

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I think I may understand why this happened.
I quoted @KingPin! when I tagged you so it took you back to his post
Except, same thing happened, this took me to post 29, same number of posts (4) away

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Wife and I were discussing this today in a manner. We were listing of some of the greats who've passed in recent times. Johnny Carson, Larry Dodd 9a local), Dick Clark, Casey Kasem, and quiet a few others, Malcom Young being one. We're losing it seems our generation's heroes, influences. They had authority because they gained it by consistently doing.

Our heroes are being lost quicker than heroes of past generations. Maybe our heroes are simply going to hard at it? Maybe it's our polluted world? A combination of thee, or something else?

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT

Very odd indeed.

Let me tag some people.

whoa.....got tagged in a thread about an RDA that I actually have
Clone?......Authentic?......I just know it's awesome

C31CAEBB-1994-45C7-A4AF-E44483C7A7B5.jpeg

I got you 5 by 5 @5150sick ;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We sell 100% real and authentic SMOK for less-less than anybody! The “deal” is made by our purchasing managers who work day and night to get the best deals on the #1 selling brand in vape. From kits to mods, to pods and coils, we always pass these deals on to you. So tell your friends- “ Buy all your SMOK from whoever you want.”.
Noone asked about smok mods in this thread. At all. I think you're breaking a vendor rule.
@f1r3b1rd, @5150sick

[HASH=869]#3fvapeisscam[/HASH] They sold me 4 clone RDA in the name of authentic ..They said me those atomizers are not clone but they don't have SN number...You tell me what's Goon 25 mm RDA without SN number (Serial Number)? They have ignored me and always close my ticket...3FVAPE is SCAM....Stay away from 3FVAPE

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[HASH=877]#crymeariver[/HASH]
[HASH=878]#sourbutt[/HASH]
[HASH=879]#stinkybutt[/HASH]
[HASH=880]#gooberbutternuts[/HASH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[HASH=869]#3fvapeisscam[/HASH] They sold me 4 clone RDA in the name of authentic ..They said me those atomizers are not clone but they don't have SN number...You tell me what's Goon 25 mm RDA without SN number (Serial Number)? They have ignored me and always close my ticket...3FVAPE is SCAM....Stay away from 3FVAPE

I am so shocked! No, not really.

I was unaware that FastTech and 3F Vape sold clearly marked styled products. This means they can sell a Core styled RDA for ~$10.00 USD instead of ~$200.00 USD. It allows their customers the freedom to choose for themselves. They can try the low cost cloned version, and see if they think it's worth paying top dollar for the real version.

There's also the matter of not desiring to spend excessive money for a product which functions nearly identical to how similar products do.

Point blank at times I find no real difference between a Gorge RDA and a Wasp Nano RDA. Both are atomizers, both create vapor. I did pay roughly ~$20 for each one, both are indeed authentic RDA, both bought from FastTech.

I'm sure that I could likely find no difference between a styled version of an RDA and a brand name version of it, as well. Yes, some of the styled / cloned versions do take their machining and skill of making very seriously and try to mimic perfectly what the brand name product does. Some do achieve that, too.

So yes, both FastTech and 3F Vape do sell authentic products. They also sell styled or cloned products. It is a buyer beware situation. One key thing is reading the product descriptions. Both vendors are usually rather clear in the descriptions if the product is authentic, or styled like the brand name product. Read the description next time.

I've not had any problem with either vendor. Bought an RDA that was dead on arrival, it was a machining error. Took a picture for them to see, FastTech shipped me a new copy of that RDA free of charge.

What you need to also understand is they are wholesale vendors with no actual inventory. Manufactures push out all kinds of stuff for them to sell on commission. This means neither FastTech or 3FVape are responsible for the products. They do not make them.

Still they want customers happy. I'm sure if you chose to ship back the atomizers you got from them, they may refund your money. If not your stuck with atomizers that don't suit you out of moral indignation. Read the description next time.

I say that because it is patently obvious both sites sell both authentic and styled product. It is clearly marked. The choice to buy lays with the buyers.

And if you're shopping for best price there's also hints. One obvious one is if you think a brand name product will likely sell for $25+ and you see it listed at lower than $15 you need to consider the too good to be true axiom.

"If it seems to be too good to be true, it is likely false."

So the good price you might think you're getting ought to tell you that it isn't the product you expect. It still boils down to the customer shopping responsibly.

Although vendors can do a bait and switch, then customers need to prove that. It's still for customers to be aware of what they are doing.

I see no point for moral indignation if you buy a clone from a vendor known to sell clones. You obviously made a choice somewhere along the line.

Which of the six was the one you purchased? I see four that are 25 mm but clearly marked as styled versions. One is 25 mm but marked as authentic. One is 24 mm and marked as styled. So, which of these did you choose buying?

No I'm not trying to confuse you or the issue. I am trying to frame it objectively. It is clear that a choice needs made. Clear as well the one buying needs to make that choice. The information provided is ample for making that choice, imho.

I can see the choice I would make if choosing to buy authentic. So, which did you choose? 1,2,3,4,5, or 6?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors