Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I hereby declare the need for a bot.
A bot that adds the 5 year badge.

Shit, I'd be happy with a bot that hasn't been randomly missing new member badges since 2019.:giggle:

I'm kind of surprised that no one has bothered to show up here to ask things like: "What is a badge?" and "Why don't I have a badge?"

:bingo:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or at least a ten year badge when we get there, even just to celebrate that mark ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There wiil be no more badges after the 5 year badge.
The 5 year badge was an incredibly stupid idea because for some reason every other badge besides the 5 year one is automatic... guess who gets to hand change the 4 year badge to the 5 year one for every member every time they go from 4 to 5 years forever? riiiiight that's me.
I may as well been wearing a clown suit the day I got talked into this.:facepalm:
There are how many thousands of members here?

If they ever make a six year badge that doesn't update on it's own, I won't be the one updating them by hand.

Edit: I made my way to the admin dashboard.
You're good to go @Lady Sarah :)

1679649751896.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There wiil be no more badges after the 5 year badge.
The 5 year badge was an incredibly stupid idea because for some reason every other badge besides the 5 year one is automatic... guess who gets to hand change the 4 year badge to the 5 year one for every member every time they go from 4 to 5 years forever? riiiiight that's me.
I may as well been wearing a clown suit the day I got talked into this.:facepalm:
There are how many thousands of members here?

If they ever make a six year badge that doesn't update on it's own, I won't be the one updating them by hand.

Edit: I made my way to the admin dashboard.
You're good to go @Lady Sarah :)

View attachment 203256

How about using my suggestion of the Veteran Badge? After 5 years, make it veteran and be done.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about using my suggestion of the Veteran Badge? After 5 years, make it veteran and be done.
Might that confuse people into assuming members were in the military when they were not? It might be best to reserve the title of  Veteran to those whom actually served. Another title might be better for those that have been around for so long.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might that confuse people into assuming members were in the military when they were not? It might be best to reserve the title of  Veteran to those whom actually served. Another title might be better for those that have been around for so long.

ECF had a Vaping Veteran Badge but I can see your point.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

If they can't even get the 5 year badge to automatically update how are they going to get a new badge that comes after the 5 year badge to automatically update?

Not only that but many new members don't even get any badges at all anymore.
Some new members get them, some don't.
Why? Who knows? Above my pay grade.
It's been a known (By the owner) issue since December 2019.

Those people aren't ever going to be getting any badges at all.

Edit:
I do agree a final badge would be a great idea.
After the badges work automatically.
Unless they can just change the words from "5 Years" to "VU Veteran" or something.
That would be nice.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, Joe and Tyg don't frequent the Forum much anymore. After 5 years I lost count of how many years I have been vaping................

At least as long as me, 9 years. If I recall, I started around 2014 in earnest. Had tried a little in 2013 but didn't really get too hooked, cig-a-likes just were not "cutting" it. Started using pen styled vapes with the prototype for the Smok Tech ARO tanks, it was called the RM2 or something. Got to using the ARO tanks up to the 4th versioning of them, a full on "Tank" RDTA. Then, some "Spanky" got hold of me on ECF, pointed me to mechs and rdas.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At least as long as me, 9 years. If I recall, I started around 2014 in earnest. Had tried a little in 2013 but didn't really get too hooked, cig-a-likes just were not "cutting" it. Started using pen styled vapes with the prototype for the Smok Tech ARO tanks, it was called the RM2 or something. Got to using the ARO tanks up to the 4th versioning of them, a full on "Tank" RDTA. Then, some "Spanky" got hold of me on ECF, pointed me to mechs and rdas.
I've been vaping for a bit over 8 years now. That means I've been vaping for 3 years before finding VU. I aint gonna whine about being entitled to anything about that. I learned alot on this site, and I'm grateful for the members. It's nice if I can help out some as well.

But none of that has to do with bugs in the system, which is the intent of this particular thread. Now, if somebody trustworthy enough were to be able to fix the code (if that were an option) then perhaps things would be a bit better.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But none of that has to do with bugs in the system, which is the intent of this particular thread. Now, if somebody trustworthy enough were to be able to fix the code (if that were an option) then perhaps things would be a bit better.

I read your subtle hint. Apologies but no, not sure if I would fit. Trustworthy maybe, but not quite sure how to 'fix' that bit of coding. Have a 'general idea' but this would require being more specific.

There are security issues to contend with, that open more cans of worms than fiddling with images. For one, requires access to a membership database. That probably explains generally without offering aid to 'bad guys'.

It could be done with ease for one of more skill and familiarity of the host system. They already got the 'keys' so to speak and would know what to do where.

Never acquired a taste for wine. Like my rum, though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You made me look it up and I started around when Blu E-Cigs came out which was 2009~! Can it really be over 10 years?
*nodding* Time started going quicker for me when turning 36. I was working circles around 17-year-olds and "that wall" hit. "Thud!" "Alright, too old for this sh*t."

Spirit and mentality still there. Tools don't want to function as they used to do. And I'm not blaming them, merely pointing out the obvious, entropy catches up with us all. Even the best tools can wear out. *points at his body generally*

Take in consideration that from age 5 on, I worked right along roughnecks. The "old timers" kept trying to work me to death. I kept clamoring for more. *smh* And I played just as hard.

Honestly, there is positive in working as I did. At 8 years old, I got to pull a breached calf out of its mama cow. Talk about a way to experience the miracle of life entering the world. It was a wonderful thing at 3 to 4 AM to march off to get a bath from a Mimmy who fussed so much at the smell she nearly cussed. *chuickles*

Last edited:

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just happened to notice mine was at 4 for like, a while, didn’t think anything of it until I looked at my info and see I joined in march of 2016, well, since I was booted from that other sh*thole. Man 7 years, time goes….

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You're all set @Vesuvius :)

1681350134783.png

I have to literally click a button that says "Vaping Underground OG" in order to get the 5 year badge show up. lol
"VU OG" would have been perfect. Short and to the point.
Maybe make the font a tiny bit darkerr to stand out more.

VU Sponsors