Become a Patron!

A Drip Tip's Effect?

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do different drip tips affect the type of vape you experience? If so, in what way and how? I recently have gotten into RBA's and want a few drip tips, but I'm not sure which to buy!

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes they can affect the quality of the vape.

If you have a high performance set up a shorter/ wider one will get your clouds going better.

Drip tips can affect the draw. If your atty has a tight draw you can try a shorter wider tip for more of an airy feeling. The same idea goes for those atties that have too airy of a draw, you can get a DT that is narrow, longer.

If your atomizer has a very tight vacuum seal and you use a DT that is to tight a draw, it can act like a straw and draw liquid up into it and you get a mess.

A drip tip can also affect the taste of your liquid. A more narrow, slender one can actually act like an extended chamber and warm up and enhance the taste.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you like a wide-open huffing kind of vape, then those really fat ones that are popular now are just the ticket.

If you prefer a vape that feels more similar to how you smoked a cigarette, then a narrower driptip is the kind to get. When I first started, I really liked the "piccolo" type, extremely narrow, felt very similar to how a cigarette felt against the lips. For the last year or so, I've preferred the small acrylic Mings; the passage inside them is quite narrow, but they deliver really excellent flavor, and they also look very nice. Acrylic doesn't get the icky sticky lip smut stuff the way that metal and glass do.

Because I use RDAs, and always seem to get hot spits of ejuice from RDAs, I like to use either a knucklehead drip, or an angled adapter for the small acrylic Mings -- like these:

thefamily-sml.jpg

Andria

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes they can affect the quality of the vape.

If you have a high performance set up a shorter/ wider one will get your clouds going better.

Drip tips can affect the draw. If your atty has a tight draw you can try a shorter wider tip for more of an airy feeling. The same idea goes for those atties that have too airy of a draw, you can get a DT that is narrow, longer.

If your atomizer has a very tight vacuum seal and you use a DT that is to tight a draw, it can act like a straw and draw liquid up into it and you get a mess.

A drip tip can also affect the taste of your liquid. A more narrow, slender one can actually act like an extended chamber and warm up and enhance the taste.
This is all great info. I stress the end. A more restrictive narrow bore can concentrate the vapor and it will be hotter, and likely have more flavor. I used to stack kayfun drip tips on my large bore mutations because it changed from an atty with clouds but no flavor, to awesome flavor. Just from the drip tip. Just the tip? Lol. For some reason I magically became able to taste my juice with a wide bore, so ymmv. I know I go to drip tips when the flavor isn't quite there, and I find one that works for that atty, build, and juice. My vectors have a built in wide bore, and the flavor is great.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my Trinity Copa Shorty !! I have three of them that I use on my most used tanks. They made a big difference in my vape experience compared to stock drip tips on most tanks. Great flavor and vapor.

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

That exactly my issue at the moment. I got a kanger top tank mini and since I've broken my original drip tip I've buyed one on eBay... I got some lot of spitback because of that.. But now I don't know which drip tip I should buy that would fit perfectly with my tank

Please tell it to me if you have any recommendations

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most 510 tips should fit , but there are always those that are a too tight, even wont fit, or some that will be loose. Its hard to know, but like I said most should fit fine.

I have no idea how the original DT that came with your Kanger Mini looked like so its hard to say which one, but look for ones that look and have the similar bore size. Check FT, gearbest or 3Fvape? You can find DT there that are not expensive .

Found these (supposed to be replacements for Kanger Mini)
https://www.fasttech.com/product/2325402-subtank-mini-styled-stainless-steel-510-drip-tip

these

and these

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or, if you want to get it in some reasonable time, try DesertVapes.com -- HUGE driptip collection, AMAZING prices on them.

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do the metal swivel ming drip tips (if that is what they are called), get hot?

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NIce flavor :vino:

29v16bc.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wide bores are great for direct lung vaping, narrow bores are great for mouth to lung vaping
IMG_2308_zpsc31979ec.jpg

64d185ae-3b05-4718-9856-406957b3cd28_zpscbaa7086.jpg

VU Sponsors