Become a Patron!

a home for old school genisis users.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I think there's been some great Pinoy gear...one of my favorite gennys is the Pulse G, I haven't found alot of gennys as good....the Pinoy modders have come up with some really brilliant ideas. ...but on the other hand unfortunately they're the ones that came up with cloud chasing

Tell everybody what makes the rocket r diffrent from the rocket.....I've held back from the rocket for two reasons...it was impossible to get one, and I noticed that people tended to trade them alot. they didn't hold onto them.
One of my questions about the rocket r is...does it get to hot...I tend to chain vape, and I noticed the Sat used to heat up pretty quick, as does the DD micro mini...the extremely small chamber made them very hot gennys...
As I say one of my first highend gennys was the Pulse G and the reason I got it was that it was more avialable than a rocket, but it was one of the first gennys with a reduced chamber. which gives it great flavor...but I don't know if it's just me, but I find that there is such a thing as too small a chamber..I remember Scott Bonner used to say that reduced chambers don't make for better flavor ..just diffrent....when he first said that I thought he was crazy, but now I think I know what he means...there seems to be a middle ground that I prefer....on the other hand I think it maybe a matter of airflow or build.....when you get chambers super small they tend to suffocate themselves theres not enough airflow to keep them cool and enogh air for the flavor to shine....of course this may simpely be a matter of these attys with the super small chambers just don't shine if you build them below say 1 ohm, anything lower just overpowers them...especailly if you chain vape they get to hot...then they thin the juice down with the heat and you keep flooding the atty.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Rocket in itself was a pretty good genny, but had the lowest juice capacity proportionate to its size. The R version basically re-vamped all the quirks while keeping the exterior appearance more or less the same.

The Rocket R is not impossible to get, if you want one right now, they are readily available through the manufacturer: http://www.rocketsciencemods.com/RocketR-category/RocketR

(for only $40 more you can get the hybrid setup!)

The bulk of the Rockets for sale/trade I've seen are the first version, the R's are not as commonly available based on the forums I go to.

As for getting hot, the R top cap is rather thick, not as thick as the BMG but definitely far thicker than the SAT22 so it does hold up much longer with chain vaping. Obviously, that depends on the build and the power source, as well as your airflow and wick. (I notice that using SS cables makes the deck stay hot a little longer than if I only use a rolled up mesh)

Microchambers, yeah, I also think it doesn't give a "better" or "tastier" vape, but I do think it concentrates the flavor more. Like anything you eat/drink, its subjective on how strong you want your flavors and of course, what juice you are actually vaping with. I guess something that has a very strong candy flavor might not play so well in a microchamber, but maybe something subtle, like a tea, tobacco or light fruit would pop really well and give you flavors that you might not notice as much in a larger chambered atomizer or dripper.

Like I said, if you really like the PulseG, I'm certain you will like the Rocket-R more. The machining is much better and the tolerances are cleaner. The chamber is much smaller in the R than the G, and since you are a DIY'er, if you find the flavor is too intense you can easily add more VG to your flavoring to match the concentration. Just be sure to specify the airflow size you like in the G to match the R and they will set it up for you ;)

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never been so tempted to break into a post office in all my life. . . My atty is literally within walking distance and I can't have it 'till the morning.

Edit: mailman arrived...

1a349f868a2f52cc77e5200f2a447ad0.jpg
0e41330e3fa44d98ab16500f2edd6a41.jpg

Attachments

• Selection_046.png
    Selection_046.png
    50 KB · Views: 15
  • Selection_047.png
    Selection_047.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have one, but my friend has the BMG22, picked it up at some B&M in France not too long ago. I tried it a few times, I like it, was definitely airier than the Sat22 I had at the time, but I didn't mind at all, I could definitely use it as an ADV, still a good MTL draw.

Tcar, how does the clone Lon vape? Just be sure to wrap your coils in the same direction as the threading, that way when you tighten it, it pulls the wires tighter around your wick. Took me a while to figure it out, the Nahualon was my first genisis, was always struggling with hot spots but once I figured out the direction to trap the leads, hardly ever got hotspots from thereon ;)

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Had to get the Dremel out to enlarge the air holes slightly. Slighty too restrictive out of the box. Works good. Nice MTL hitter.
861d9488ec271966bee76b300f41c110.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have one, but my friend has the BMG22, picked it up at some B&M in France not too long ago. I tried it a few times, I like it, was definitely airier than the Sat22 I had at the time, but I didn't mind at all, I could definitely use it as an ADV, still a good MTL draw.

Tcar, how does the clone Lon vape? Just be sure to wrap your coils in the same direction as the threading, that way when you tighten it, it pulls the wires tighter around your wick. Took me a while to figure it out, the Nahualon was my first genisis, was always struggling with hot spots but once I figured out the direction to trap the leads, hardly ever got hotspots from thereon ;)
the BMG has always been one genny i've always wanted to try....Mark Todd speaks very highly of it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to get the Dremel out to enlarge the air holes slightly. Slighty too restrictive out of the box. Works good. Nice MTL hitter.
861d9488ec271966bee76b300f41c110.jpg

Yeah I think the guy who built this atty Urqidez recommended building it with 500 mesh for best wicking.200 superfine would probablly work well with it..

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I think the guy who built this atty Urqidez recommended building it with 500 mesh for best wicking.200 superfine would probablly work well with it..

I honestly can't remember if I have 400 or 500. It's unlabled and I bought it a couple years ago.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Lon is the only genisis tank that I don't cringe when I see or hear people drilling out the external airflow larger. Since the design has the airflow travel around the atomizer chamber before it goes through another airhole leading to the wick, I found it noticeably tighter to use than something with the same airflow diameter like an MCR303 or Hellfire atty. Flavor is great though, and you don't have to build a low resistance coil to get a nice warm vape too.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Lon is the only genisis tank that I don't cringe when I see or hear people drilling out the external airflow larger. Since the design has the airflow travel around the atomizer chamber before it goes through another airhole leading to the wick, I found it noticeably tighter to use than something with the same airflow diameter like an MCR303 or Hellfire atty. Flavor is great though, and you don't have to build a low resistance coil to get a nice warm vape too.
ad4c6ad98ca7c49e814a16cd23d3d2c1.jpg

It's a keeper..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say I liked the Lon better than the Sat...I guess in some ways I didn't give the Lon it's dues...it's just because for about 6 months there the hype surrounding the Lon had built it up into the greatest genny ever concieved...you couldn't by a Lon for love nor money...now they're easy to pick up....one of the most fustrating things about vaping and especially high end vaping and especially high end gennys is all the hype that surrounds them ...you get twats who really aren't genheads but have a boatload of money and they have to have the newest toy and so they go out and buy the most expensive newest atty and they jump on this chorus of ..."Oh this is the best atty in the world"...so I guess I had alot of expectation surrounding the Lon that was unrealistic....when I tried it I have to say it was aa real good vape, but it didn't blow me outta the water...It vaped warm but not super hot and I thought it did a real good job of marrying the flavors together..... a very yummy satisfying vape........just tried one of these new fangeled sub ohm tanks...I'm not seeing it...I guess no matter what kind of configuration you put it in I just don't like cotton...it doesn't give me the density of vape I get in a genny a vape I can chew on...it gives a wispy kind of vape, big clouds sure but big wispy clouds.Even with the airflow shut down hard I can't get a vape that I can sink my teeth into...I guess I just prefer sucking on a hard wick....I said hard wick ...right?

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tank vs dripper vs genny, three different experiences.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
56960f990a308e433e6a251c3f7ae64b.jpg

Today's vape. Origenny clone on Sig 75 @ 24 watts.

Lemonade cookie mix really pops on the SS.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/328354/Creepy+Lemon+Cookie+-+ECX

Scott Bonner the English reviewer I've only seen get excited about the flavor production of two gennys...one was the IN'AX and the other was the Origenny....I love the idea of the Origenny and hope one day to try one...the flexibility and choices of it are incredible and the flavor is said to be very very good......if a good clone maker like ehpro every makes one I'll get it or try and pick up a used one.....how are you finding it.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I pick up a genny these days, it's the one I pick up. Picked it off off FT. Don't know who makes it, but it's a good (enough) atty.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
4b86a3f853ac7886a515d78dccf12895.jpg

Little ones work fine with mesh, which is what I prefer in gennys.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know but big ones wouldn't snap so easy and I'd like to see what they'd do. like a 3.5mm ceramic wick...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just arrived yesterday from the land of spagehtti and Sophia Loren.....and the sistine chapel...the BMG22

mkxp.jpg
OK I've had this atty for a couple of weeks now....this atty vapes like a mini-gen....or a micro gen...it has that intnese flavor almost too strong...I could mix my juices with a smaller % of flavorings and get as strong a flavor as I would in most gennys.like a mini genesis it seems to marry the flavors together and smooth out the edges of the flavors.producing a richness.however unlike mini gens..it doesn't get to hot to vape and has a big tank so you're not always refilling. the best of both worlds.This is not a real versitale atty...it likes to be vaped above 1 ohms and if your drop below that you won't get as good a vape it has a tight draw.and tiny chamber as small as alot of mini gens.If you vape high VG juices you will have to build a good wick.if you vape 50/50 juices wicking is no problem..This defintely a flavor chasing atty a beautifully made atty.and has an unmistakeably unique vape,

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To most serious genheads there is a grail quest...the quest for a Hellfire from attysmith.....Hellfire has an almost mythical mantle shouded over it....for a very long time (and for some it still does) it held the yardstick of what was a great genny...When I started vaping Hellfires were and still are hard to get,expensive, and owners did not part with them....I held out hope,but figured I'd never get a chance to vape one.
But the vape Gods smiled upon me and I recently came into possession of this..a Hellfire micro mega.

IMG_0320__40648.1388591433.1000.1200.jpg

All I can say is in less than 24 hours this atty has become one of two of the gennys I'd never part with.
It's a beautifully machined atty, it gives a real unique warm vape solidly good, but I still think my Pulse G gives better flavor. But the really odd thing about this atty is...I'd rather vape unflavored juice in this atty more than I would vape flavored juices in alot of other gennys....it just gives such a nice vape.For whatever reason the thing wicks a dream.

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been eying up a "Perseus" 26650 Genny that has been sitting on the shelf of my local b&m for about 2 years. Most beautiful Atty I have ever seen. Owner swears its authentic, knocked price down to $40 originally $120 because it hasn't sold. What are you guy's thoughts on the performance?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
obscure atty..never heard of it..be careful there are alot of clones of this atty and I find it hard to believe a B&M owner would knock the price of a 120 dollar atty down to 40 bucks....ask to see a certificate of authenticity....still some of the clones are selling for 40.00 online, but there are some as cheap as 15.00....I've seen the juice capacity range from 1.8 ml to 3 ml....depending on the clone.
no reviews from a single reputable reviewer I've been able to find, and the reviews I found were by idiots stuffing cotton in it.only one review by a guy who used mesh and admitted he knew nothing about gennys.As a rule I don't like dual wick gennys...just not my bag...they eat up alot of juice, but who knows it could be fun.....it's 26650 very few people have mods for a 26650.....for 40.00 I think it's fine...I think it's cheap enough to take a gamble on..my opinion....for 120.00....not until I'd heard some reviews by experinced reviewers.....there is a spit back gaurd I'm not real crazy about but I'm sure it could be drilled out.......most of the people selling it don't seem to know shit about gennys, I couldn't find any dealer that posted the size of the wickholes...the airflow looks cool....one guy really loved the flavor on mesh, but then again he was somebody who didn't usuallt vape mesh so...for what it's worth......interesting but I'd like to know why none of the more reputble reviewers haven't reviewed it...
My feeling this is an animal of a diffrent stripe...this isn't designed like a genny that spitback gaurd leads me to believe that this atty was designed to be a dripper with a self feeding tank,but that it could also be used as a genny.......again for 40.00 not a bad price fo a cheap genny.....and who knows it could surpise you....nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Appreciate the advice, thank you...
also I would point out the placement of the wickholes I don't like..the wickhole should be place next to eah other not on oppisite sides of the deck...when the wicks are next to each other when you tilt the atty it feeds both wicks...always hated that oppisite placement in gennys never made sense to me.
I think originally they did it for U wicks

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is tilting commonplace with gennys no matter how well you build them? I have limited experience with them. I picked up a Steam turbine clone for dirt cheap some time ago. Built it single coil, 350 mesh wick, resistance around 1.4. Had to tiltt it every couple hits. Still use it from time to time along with my kayfuns. They come off the shelf every now and then for the treat bottles of Lazarus Vintage, Black note, etc. Basically any juice that is worth sipping slow. Now for my sub ohm RTA's & RDA's that guzzle juice, I diy for that. But anyway o have found that with a mesh wick, it seems to lend a unique flavor. Not powerful, but different. It seems to bring out the subtle nuances in complex flavors.But I also know with what I currently have, I am just scratching the surface of the Genny world.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is tilting commonplace with gennys no matter how well you build them? I have limited experience with them. I picked up a Steam turbine clone for dirt cheap some time ago. Built it single coil, 350 mesh wick, resistance around 1.4. Had to tiltt it every couple hits. Still use it from time to time along with my kayfuns. They come off the shelf every now and then for the treat bottles of Lazarus Vintage, Black note, etc. Basically any juice that is worth sipping slow. Now for my sub ohm RTA's & RDA's that guzzle juice, I diy for that. But anyway o have found that with a mesh wick, it seems to lend a unique flavor. Not powerful, but different. It seems to bring out the subtle nuances in complex flavors.But I also know with what I currently have, I am just scratching the surface of the Genny world.
yeah tilting a genny is just how you vape a genny...it's just part of how they are used...if you vape a 50/50 juice or a juice with a higher PG content you may not have to tilt all the time, or if you are not a chain vaper... but higher VG content,or chain vaping you do.Yes mesh wicks bring out alot more notes and subtltiy in flavor than sucking on a throw pillow...that is why people vape gennys...they are the best atty for using mesh or ceramic in...I would bet these new ceramic wick sub ohm tanks are pretty damn good and I might try one....but alot of people just don't have as good a palatte or don't care enough and they use limp wicks.The steam turbine ws one of the great gennys, I just find their wickholes to small and I hate absolutely hate the center post configuration that Doc Dave uses in his gennys.fucking things spin like a top.Steamboy used a similat center post detail but they made it work better.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I wish I could remember what a "Lon" is. I figured it out yesterday. Forgot. Now I can't seem to figure it out again.

I had stumbled across the RSST while looking at another Genesis-style product (Cloud Fishbone Plus, perhaps?), watched PBusardo's review, thought that looked pretty neat. Put it on The List. They now have a Pyrex tank version. @pulsevape's opinion notwithstanding: I'm still thinking that may be my first Genesis-style device.

But first I have a Velocity Mini RDA I have to see if I can make sing for me, and an untried, brand new, authentic Vector RDA to try. I'm sure those'll hold me for a couple days, at least
lol.gif

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't looked at the rsst in years not since I threw my first one in the garbage amazed at what a piece of shit it was....and I suspect remains..it's main problem is that it has a chamber the size of Notre Dame.for awhile a couple of companies came out with a chamber reducer you could pop inside the rsst that would try and improve the flavor of the thing.........The Lon or nauhlon was a genny made by an American modder outta Tucson named Urqidez.at the time of it's release was highly sought after and had amazing reviews....nowdays you can find them pretty easily for resale....I tried one and I thought it was a real good genny,but it has a tight draw and an unusual,but brilliant center post design.there are clones of the Lon..I think ehpro might make one check subsonic vapes.....The modder suggested using 500mesh or 200superfine mesh for the atty ..it is probablly not an atty that would do well with high vg juices.....it is a flavor chasers atty.
If you are talking about the new rsst dual coil atty....with the adjustable airflow......personally I think it's a gimmick....occasionally you have these gennys that are made not for genheads but for drippers they are aimed at trying to capture the cloud chasing crowd and usually people build them with cotton....

Last edited:

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wish I could remember what a "Lon" is. I figured it out yesterday. Forgot. Now I can't seem to figure it out again.

I had stumbled across the RSST while looking at another Genesis-style product (Cloud Fishbone Plus, perhaps?), watched PBusardo's review, thought that looked pretty neat. Put it on The List. They now have a Pyrex tank version. @pulsevape's opinion notwithstanding: I'm still thinking that may be my first Genesis-style device.

But first I have a Velocity Mini RDA I have to see if I can make sing for me, and an untried, brand new, authentic Vector RDA to try. I'm sure those'll hold me for a couple days, at least
lol.gif
Lon is the nahualon. I can say that the Pyrex RSST is a good first genny because it was my first genny. That is, the dual coil RSST.

Air control is adjustable and is much more forgiving for a newbie. A lot of people have to get used to how tight a genny can be (very old school draw vs the cloud tanks) yet at the same time it can be used sub ohm with cotton in auto drip if you like thanks to the airflow..

Has insulated post holes and a lined tank to help prevent shorts.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I checked out Subsonic Vapes for Nahualon clones. Yup: They have 'em. I'll put it on the list of things to consider.

I understand what you mean by the size of the atomization area in the RSST, @pulsevape. TBH: Since I'm a flavour chaser I'm kind of surprised at myself that I failed to consider that. I was concentrating on the ease of build and the couple of n00b-friendly features to which @Tcar referred. (It was the single-wick RSST I was considering, btw.)

Looked around at what I could find on the Hellfire. Stumbled across the Hellfire Raptor. Essentially a Genesis kind of a thing with an improved Marquis-like design. It probably cost a small fortune when it was available. Looks way cool, tho. (There doesn't seem to be any such thing as any Hellfire clones?)

So I guess I'll just keep looking around until something catches my eye :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked out Subsonic Vapes for Nahualon clones. Yup: They have 'em. I'll put it on the list of things to consider.

I understand what you mean by the size of the atomization area in the RSST, @pulsevape. TBH: Since I'm a flavour chaser I'm kind of surprised at myself that I failed to consider that. I was concentrating on the ease of build and the couple of n00b-friendly features to which @Tcar referred. (It was the single-wick RSST I was considering, btw.)

Looked around at what I could find on the Hellfire. Stumbled across the Hellfire Raptor. Essentially a Genesis kind of a thing with an improved Marquis-like design. It probably cost a small fortune when it was available. Looks way cool, tho. (There doesn't seem to be any such thing as any Hellfire clones?)

So I guess I'll just keep looking around until something catches my eye :)
I have no idea about the quality of the clone...I think they made be not so good , but for a beginner I'd highly recomend the Pulse G...though like I said I thinkj the clone may be shit. for a mid priced atty look at the stormrider by steamboy...it's not super high end, but is a real good genny.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the suggestions, @pulsevape. Don't care for the Stormrider. Prefer straight, clean lines and glass or stainless reservoirs.

Yeah: I'm suspicious of clones, too. My clone RDAs are "ok," but the authentic Vector I have blows them all away for quality in every respect. Conversely: What some of these authentic products cost is way beyond what I can justify. $150 for an atty? I don't think so.

Eventually I imagine I'll find an acceptable combination of aesthetics, design, quality and cost.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestions, @pulsevape. Don't care for the Stormrider. Prefer straight, clean lines and glass or stainless reservoirs.

Yeah: I'm suspicious of clones, too. My clone RDAs are "ok," but the authentic Vector I have blows them all away for quality in every respect. Conversely: What some of these authentic products cost is way beyond what I can justify. $150 for an atty? I don't think so.

Eventually I imagine I'll find an acceptable combination of aesthetics, design, quality and cost.
for an authentic genny expect to pay from 100-120 up to 200-240....the rsst is a clone..it is the clone of an atty called the AC-9...getting a clone for a first genny is fine, they will give you an idea if it is a style of vaping you enjoy and may want to invest more money in.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
for an authentic genny expect to pay from 100-120 up to 200-240....
I'd never say "never," but it's unlikely I'll ever pay that much for a genny. Unless I hit the Powerball tonight :) I'm not saying they're not worth what the makers and sellers are asking. I'm just saying I cannot justify that kind of money for them.

the rsst is a clone..it is the clone of an atty called the AC-9...
Knew that, but thanks for the info, anyway.

getting a clone for a first genny is fine, they will give you an idea if it is a style of vaping you enjoy and may want to invest more money in.
That's what I did with RDAs. Still: Had @Izen not turned me on to a killer deal on an authentic Vector: It'd still be nothing but clones for me.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I didn't buy an authentic anything until I'd been vaping for a year.....I'm no collector and don't have the money to drop on a lot of gear...I don't drop any money on mods...just attys,and I think long and hard on any authentic purchase I make

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
...That's what I did with RDAs. Still: Had @Izen not turned me on to a killer deal on an authentic Vector: It'd still be nothing but clones for me.
So, what's up with that Vector? Try it out yet? I've been vaping mine for the past three days on a Sig 100W Plus. I think it's great!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

for years you'd expect to pay under 75.00 for an authentic dripper 60.00 was alot....now there are drippers nudging the 150.00 range....I remember when I spent 130.00 for an atty..all my vaping buddies on the forums reamed me a new asshole for spending that kind of money...for us 40.00 was about right.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So, what's up with that Vector? Try it out yet?
Haven't gotten to it, yet.

Full-time job, workout schedule, dinner, post-dinner cleanup; prepare lunch, workout gear, clothes, coffee for next day; sit down with a couple hours of time with my wife. Then it's bedtime. Not much time for playing with vape stuff during the week, much further than (re-)loading a tank and the like.

So... after the Christmas stuff is taken down, packed away, and stashed in the garage loft: Then I'm on my own time :)

I've been vaping mine for the past three days on a Sig 100W Plus. I think it's great!
Cool! Looking forward to it!
thumbup.gif

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drilled the airhole on my BMG22 out to 1.5mm...I'm really liking the draw and it doesn't seem to have affected the flavor at all.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Any of you guys ever try the HCigar Fodi genesis-style(-ish) RDTA? Thoughts?

VU Sponsors