Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Year ago today I lost my husband Clif who I miss so very much. Thank you to all my MG friends and family that have helped me get thru this difficult time in my life.

Snap I'm so sorry for the sadness, knowing there are no shortcuts toward seeing the sun rise in your life.

Marigolds are the traditional flower of Dia de los Muertos, on the home altars and on graves at the family cemetery gatherings. In Mexico, and some neighborhoods here in SA, they'll even leave trails of marigold petals from the street to the front door, to help the spirits find their way home for a visit.

Marigolds.JPG

In many places in the world, chrysanthemums are representative of mourning and memory, to the point that if you send someone a get well bouquet of mums in some countries they'll be very offended.

Chrysanthemums.JPG

But I'm not offering traditions right now,. These are for you in this moment, red for the depth of love and pain.

Red roses.JPG

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A Year ago today I lost my husband Clif who I miss so very much. Thank you to all my MG friends and family that have helped me get thru this difficult time in my life.
:hug: Aww, Ms SnapDragon :hug:
So Thankful you have been with us 💛 I know how easily it could have been to go hide, be alone through your loss. Very grateful you let us in, you accepted our love :hug: graciously. All our love and best wishes for you my Dear Friend Ms SnapDragon NY 💛

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 210174
We feel your sadness in our hearts every day my friend, that's what true family and friends do. We're always here for you to help you push forward. :hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

May be an image of 1 person and guitar

Lonnie Mack's early '60s recordings 'Memphis and 'Wham!' influenced the rise of blues rock by the end of the decade.
Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Duane Allman and Ted Nugent are among the many music luminaries to cite Mack as an inspiration.
Throughout his long career, Mack collaborated with a wide variety of artists – from rock icons The Doors to soul legend James Brown to rockabilly superstar Ronnie Hawkins.
In Guitar World magazine in 1979, music historian Richard Pinnell called Memphis "a milestone in early rock guitar". Just as influential was Wham!, also from 1963, with its flamboyant use of a vibrato bar, a device that became known as a whammy bar.
"Mack took the rough, country-inspired rockabilly style of the '50s and rocketed it into the future," wrote music critic Greg Kot in 1989. "He played it hot, with screaming single-note sustains and shuddering vibrato, a siren call to a legion of aspiring guitar heroes."
Photo: Ebet Roberts//Getty Images

⭐⭐⭐⭐

On November 6, 1948, the Presley family - Vernon, Gladys and Elvis - packed their Plymouth and moved from Tupelo, Mississippi, to Memphis, Tennessee so that Vernon could find a better job.
It's a move that changed everything for Elvis. Memphis influenced his look and sound, and gave him the opportunity he needed to jump start his career and to become the King of Rock 'n' Roll.
Elvis Presley's Graceland ELVIS PRESLEY #rockabillyitalia

May be a black-and-white image of 3 people and text that says 'Presley Rockabilly italia'

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's 730pm here and I'm already yawning. I notice it happens to everybody when daylight savings time ends.

Anyway, gotta clean up the kitchen and catch a podcast & cup of tea. Hope to have time tomorrow morning to play on the forum.
Ok thank you for playin and hope you get a good rest.
I hate the time change and wish they would leave it alone

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It's 730pm here and I'm already yawning. I notice it happens to everybody when daylight savings time ends.

Anyway, gotta clean up the kitchen and catch a podcast & cup of tea. Hope to have time tomorrow morning to play on the forum.
Good Night! See you tomorrow.

VU Sponsors