Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time is slipping away from me today, guess I'd better find something to eat and get ready for work. Have a great rest of the day.
1699637048668.png

Not from the same song you just posted Jimi, but this is the song I think of for some reason anytime I hear Simon and Garfunkle
Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
She once was a true love of mine

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time is slipping away from me today, guess I'd better find something to eat and get ready for work. Have a great rest of the day.
View attachment 210212

Not from the same song you just posted Jimi, but this is the song I think of for some reason anytime I hear Simon and Garfunkle
Ok thank you for playin it was a lot of fun and hope to see you later my friend

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It's a very old song, well chosen by S&G for their style, and they did a beautiful job with it.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally not a game post, but I just discovered this song and wanted to share it. Quite peaceful and beautiful IMHO. I think I'll need to look into more by this composer. Guess I need to pay more attention to Contemporary Classical, Arvo Pärt is apparently well known, and somehow I don't know him. According to Wikipedia - "From 2011 to 2018, and again in 2022, Pärt was the most performed living composer in the world"
Arvo Pärt: Littlemore Tractus · Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir · Tallinn Chamber Orchestra

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally not a game post, but I just discovered this song and wanted to share it. Quite peaceful and beautiful IMHO. I think I'll need to look into more by this composer. Guess I need to pay more attention to Contemporary Classical, Arvo Pärt is apparently well known, and somehow I don't know him. According to Wikipedia - "From 2011 to 2018, and again in 2022, Pärt was the most performed living composer in the world"
Arvo Pärt: Littlemore Tractus · Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir · Tallinn Chamber Orchestra
There was a movie I really enjoyed, La Double vie de Veronique (The double life of Veronica). It's a very quirky story, but the film used the music of Polish composer Zbigniew Preisner, b. 1955, still active. It's really beautiful.

In this scene Veronique is attending a marionette theatre:

I searched for 20 minutes and I really cannot find the scene in which she is auditioning for a choir, and the Preisner piece she sings is just stunning, but a 1991 movie is probably available to view for free somewhere online. Here is the trailer:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I need to brush up on my French, high school French class was sooooo many years ago. I find it difficult to enjoy a movie when I'm having to read the subtitles, because then my eyes aren't taking in the full screen.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Impatient cat.gif

Okay, nobody playing so I'll post one for Veterans Day, a sad poignant song done beautifully by our local singer Bett Butler with her partner Joel Dilley:

Posting with the hope our young people won't be sent to another useless, destructive war on the global chessboard.

Once in khaki suits, gee we looked swell,
Full of that yankee doodle dum.
Half a million boots went sloggin' through Hell,
And I was the kid with the drum!

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, been busy doing other things today. Gotta do my housework if I want to be lazy tomorrow, lol.
Well, I'll join you in the VD related posts.
A song by Dire Straits that never really got noticed by people back in the day, but seems fitting for this Veterans Day.
Brothers In Arms

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
I hope the day is treatin everyone well:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'A STRONG PERSON DOES NOT SEEK REVENGE THEY MOVE ON AND LET KARMA DO THE ALL THE DIRTY WORK.'

cbfc81acdb5d9523cd2016d70e1175fc.jpg

VU Sponsors