A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My presentation went well. Room for improvement of course. I attached the slide deck I put together. Hmmm, I could only attach as a pdf. Oh well you can see it easier that way I guess...

I forgot to mention that today was my granddaughter's 1st birthday party so that's where I was all afternoon.

Attachments

• Yellowjackets and Social Wasps.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Middle Finger- Bohnes

There's a movie scene I will never forget, from "Straight Outta Compton", a concert scene, which was documentary. The movie came out in 2015. Eazy E died in 1995. Anyway, the police have warned the group that if they perform "Fuck tha Police" they will regret it. Then NWA is up on the stage. They start playing the rhythmic ramp-up to the song YOU KNOW they are going to play. Ice Cube gets out front and says to the full auditorium "now everybody join with me. Get your middle finger up in the air for that punk ass cop backstage, who thinks he can tell us what to say, what to play". The camera pans over the crowd waving middle fingers. Even concert security have their middle fingers up in the air. Then the song is launched. Fucking righteous, and of course the police did, as promised, fire a gun to create a false flag.

Great documentary movie.

There was no sentiment of violence toward the police. The whole sentiment of "fuck tha police" was from how increased community policing in low income black neighborhoods didn't mean "Officer Friendly" would be looking after the kids. It meant that if they stood talking in a group outside a record store the police would sneak up and slam them to the ground. It meant the time honored tradition of midnight basketball would be ended. It meant that every black youth was a criminal suspect in any situation.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What? No ninja when it's an accidental match.

I Love Rock & Roll
I'm Gonna Miss Her

Word "I", accidental match. Works.
I didn't even notice that.

too many cooks
Makes for a bizarre little comedy/horror show with the longest intro in TV history. The intro sequence lasts over 10 minutes.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Huh, was it really a production? Never heard of it. I thought maybe I would find a full episode on YouTube. Nothing there.

Yeah, that's a bizarre long intro.
That was in fact an episode of the show, from about 10:45 to 10:55, a single line that got cut off with a to be continued message. It was on Adult Swim, I never watched it, just heard about it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My presentation went well. Room for improvement of course. I attached the slide deck I put together. Hmmm, I could only attach as a pdf. Oh well you can see it easier that way I guess...

I forgot to mention that today was my granddaughter's 1st birthday party so that's where I was all afternoon.
Hey good presentation my friend,

Awe, Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter :stars2: :stars2: :stars2: :stars2: and congrats on her first Birthday

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Turned cold here again, I'm definitely ready for spring;)
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

Happy birthday George Harrison
🎸
🎸
🎸

May be an image of 1 person

David Gilmour is pretty much a guitar wizard. This guy has a magical touch with guitars, making them sing, cry, and everything in between. It's not just about playing a bunch of notes super fast or loud; Gilmour makes every note count, like he's telling a story or painting a picture with his music.
Bends and Vibes: Gilmour's got this way of bending strings that makes his guitar sound almost human. And his vibrato? It's like the guitar is breathing. It’s all about making those strings sing with emotion.
Tone Chasing: Dude is obsessed with getting the perfect sound. Whether it’s the eerie echoes in "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" or the clean solos in "Coming Back to Life," Gilmour knows how to tweak his gear to get exactly the vibe he's after. He's a master at using effects to spice things up without overdoing it.
Keeping It Simple: Unlike some guitar heroes who go all out with super-fast solos, Gilmour plays it cool. He’s all about choosing the right notes, not throwing in a million of them. His solos, like the one in "Comfortably Numb," are epic because each note has its own purpose, making them stick in your head.
Acoustic Touch: And it's not just electric guitar where he shines. Gilmour can make an acoustic guitar feel just as epic, with his fingerpicking and strumming that add all these layers and moods to songs.
Trailblazer: Gilmour’s not just showing off his skills; he's always serving the song, crafting parts that fit the music's vibe and story. That approach has made Pink Floyd's tunes timeless and has inspired loads of other musicians across different genres.
In short, David Gilmour isn’t just a guitarist; he’s a musical storyteller. His approach to playing guitar has made him a legend, not because he plays the most notes, but because he plays the right ones.

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and guitar

VU Sponsors