Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Sunday afternoon Family :wave:
I hope everyone is havin a great day:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Ilove people that say peace instead of goodbye. ABertoli Moonlit Mystics'

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'A young Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre in 1955, before she shortened her name to just Cher.'

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mama Lucy
-Jaimeo Brown

This uses a 1959 prison documentary recording of an inmate mourning the passing of Mama Lucy, a granny healer who cared for the black community in its lack of medical attention, then had nobody to help her when she herself was dying. The thunderstorm heard in the background of that old track is like heaven itself giving emphasis to the sadness.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today: I don't have to make these coffee bags anymore.

Coffee DIY.jpg

And and I still don't have to clean the French press pot and plunger every night, because I found this doodad. It's meant for tea, but the mesh is very fine, so it works with coffee without leaking grounds into your cup:

1712746471564.png

It's easy, and makes great coffee.

The big mugs I use hold two cups.

Big mugs.jpg

So I add two heaping tablespoons ground organic coffee to the infuser. Pour the boiled water into the mug about two thirds of the way to the top. You don't want to overfill and risk floating grounds into your cup. Then dip in the infuser. It's just the right size to rest on the cup. The water seeps up from the bottom, and I pour a little more over the top of the grounds, slowly, gently, again being careful not to float grounds too high. (see my edit, no need to pour over at all, and it turns out better if you don't). Wait 2-3 minutes.

Infuser dip.jpgInfuser more water.jpg

Done! I did top it off with a little more hot water to fill 'er up.

Infuser coffee done.jpg

You can make a second cup by adding just one more tablespoon coffee to the wet grounds in the infuser. With that small addition, the previous dose still has enough strength to make a second strong cup.

The grounds dry out the rest of the day and empty easily into your compost or trash, just tap the infuser gently.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors