Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmmm, now I am confuzled. I stumbled on a song called Salvese Quien Pueda, kind of enjoyed it, used google translate to find out how to word match, then waited on a chance to do so, calling it Every Man For Himself. Just noticed in the description box that it is listed as Women and Children First rather than Every Man For Himself. Which would not be a word match. I know google translate is iffy sometimes but that is a big difference. Need someone who knows Spanish to clarify.

OK switched songs, and even found one that makes goph's song still work since he posted before I could edit my post.:)

I tried to follow up, and apparently it's just a saying that, arguably, roughly translates as "every man for himself", but more literally "whoever can, save yourself". A comparable difficulty in translation of a pat saying would be something like, in English, "to each his own", which in another language would have to be "each one is allowed his own preference" or "his own taste" or "his own choice" or "his own peculiar opinion".

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy birthday Brian May!
🤘
🎸

May be an image of 1 person

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272...1wZyHFpFgVtwM3xAloRNIB5zWvNfY&__tn__=<<,P-y-R
79 happy birthday wishes Kim Carnes
♥️

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trying to choose songs, find the links and post them while maintaining speed with my elliptical exerciser is a bit of a challenge.

Be back in about 20 minutes. Gotta get a bath and make some ramen. Nothing nicer than having dinner AFTER you exercise and shower, then having a pajama party with friends here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought some baby bell plant based cheese, just like the regular ones, just had to try these and honestly I think they are creamier and taste batter than the original real cheese ones, really surprised me

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Few people know that before he was famous, the late Johnny Cash tried a chip full of salsa served backstage in Possumneck, Mississippi that changed his life. It was spicy and tangy and smoky and so good that he just couldn't get it off of his mind. Unfortunately, there was no jar, no label.

Now, there have been rumors that Johnny had kind of an addictive personality. He would sometimes disappear for days on end. People attributed it to drugs or alcohol. The truth is that he would roam the country searching for the special hot sauce of his dreams. He heard rumors and whispers of the deadly condiment and followed them to countless dead ends. He stopped at every Tex Mex restaurant, truck stop, and Mexican grocery in the South without finding what he sought.

One day he heard tell of an old woman, a witch down in the Mayan peninsula in Mexico whom it was said, made the best salsa in the world! He cancelled his next five gigs and headed south. He rode donkeys, Jeeps and horse drawn wagons. He traversed deserts, mountains and jungles before finally reaching the fabled village where the old bruja lived.

He found and entered the old woman's hut. As luck would have it, she was one of his first big fans, having caught one of his shows at that Holiday Inn in Possumneck, Mississippi while attending a Salsa Aficionado convention where one of her jars of salsa mysteriously disappeared and somehow made its way to a bowl backstage. She consented to sharing her secret recipe with him only after he agreed to write a song for her.

She shared the special Tomatillos grown in Mayan soil. She gave him the seeds from a rare Mexican pepper and showed him the special pan with a rounded bottom, similar to those used in the Far East that she would use to simmer "la lima" or "lime," the source of the salsa's tanginess. He asked her if he could just use his regular flat-bottomed pan but she insisted that he must use the round-bottomed pan.
From this came the inspiration for the lyrics: "Because you're Mayan, I'll wok the lime!" 🤣 🤣 🤣

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
then having a pajama party with friends here
Don't try to sneak into the liquor cabinet and lights out at midnight. And don't try sneaking out of the house and getting into trouble.
Don't give me those puppy dog eyes, it's not gonna work.
All right. Fine, it's summer so I guess you can stay up an extra hour or two, but that's it.
:giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WNBA - We want to be taken as seriously as men's basketball.
Also WNBA - The All Star game halftime show is going to be Pitbull. Let's have his dancers dressed in sexy pseudo-uniforms.

1721526143624.gif

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Few people know that before he was famous, the late Johnny Cash tried a chip full of salsa served backstage in Possumneck, Mississippi that changed his life. It was spicy and tangy and smoky and so good that he just couldn't get it off of his mind. Unfortunately, there was no jar, no label.

Now, there have been rumors that Johnny had kind of an addictive personality. He would sometimes disappear for days on end. People attributed it to drugs or alcohol. The truth is that he would roam the country searching for the special hot sauce of his dreams. He heard rumors and whispers of the deadly condiment and followed them to countless dead ends. He stopped at every Tex Mex restaurant, truck stop, and Mexican grocery in the South without finding what he sought.

One day he heard tell of an old woman, a witch down in the Mayan peninsula in Mexico whom it was said, made the best salsa in the world! He cancelled his next five gigs and headed south. He rode donkeys, Jeeps and horse drawn wagons. He traversed deserts, mountains and jungles before finally reaching the fabled village where the old bruja lived.

He found and entered the old woman's hut. As luck would have it, she was one of his first big fans, having caught one of his shows at that Holiday Inn in Possumneck, Mississippi while attending a Salsa Aficionado convention where one of her jars of salsa mysteriously disappeared and somehow made its way to a bowl backstage. She consented to sharing her secret recipe with him only after he agreed to write a song for her.

She shared the special Tomatillos grown in Mayan soil. She gave him the seeds from a rare Mexican pepper and showed him the special pan with a rounded bottom, similar to those used in the Far East that she would use to simmer "la lima" or "lime," the source of the salsa's tanginess. He asked her if he could just use his regular flat-bottomed pan but she insisted that he must use the round-bottomed pan.
From this came the inspiration for the lyrics: "Because you're Mayan, I'll wok the lime!"🤣 🤣 🤣

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, this is unexpected. The All Star game format this year is Team USA (the players on the Women's Olympic team, mostly seasoned vets) vs Team WNBA, composed of people who won the All Star voting (including three players from my Indiana Fever, Boston who's only a second year player and Clark who's a rookie, plus Mitchell who I think is a third year player) but didn't make the Olympic team. End of the third quarter. The Olympians are losing by 9.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, this is unexpected. The All Star game format this year is Team USA (the players on the Women's Olympic team, mostly seasoned vets) vs Team WNBA, composed of people who won the All Star voting (including three players from my Indiana Fever, Boston who's only a second year player and Clark who's a rookie, plus Mitchell who I think is a third year player) but didn't make the Olympic team. End of the third quarter. The Olympians are losing by 9.

Wish I had an intelligent reply about it. Too little knowledge, but if you're happy I'm happy.

VU Sponsors