Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Afternoon Jimi-
I am doing OK- I have had beautiful weather here , a week of 75F and higher and sunny. I planted some more bushes that I bought on sale and crawled out on my broken dock to clean off all the cattails and thick pond scum. The dock was swept off its metal footings and this has been the 1st time in years I have been able to access it. It is wedged next to the boat lift, all the wood looks OK, yay!
Havin about the same weather here, I love this time of year. Glad you could get to it to clean it up, I hope you can get someone to remount it on the footings for you.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen this story today and wanted to share ;)

What started as a joyful celebration of our dog’s fourth birthday turned into a day we’ll never forget. During a peaceful walk, our brave pup faced a hidden danger—a rattlesnake ready to strike. In a split second, he leaped in front of us, taking the bite meant for his humans. We rushed him to the vet, hearts racing, fearing the worst. But our little hero fought with incredible strength and courage. Thanks to quick care and his resilient spirit, he began to recover. His birthday will forever remind us of his loyalty, bravery, and the deep bond we share.
🐾
❤️

May be an image of 1 person, dog and acupuncture

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
October 24th Born on this day in the History of Music
The Big Bopper (1930), Bill Wyman - The Rolling Stones (1936), Bobby Hutton (1940), Ted Templeman - Harper's Bizarre (1944), Bettye Swann (1944), Brenda Payton - Brenda and The Tabulations (1945), Jerry Edmonton - Steppenwolf (1946), Robbie Van Leeuwen - Shocking Blue (1944), Edgar Broughton (1947), Dale Griffin - Mott The Hoople (1948), Paul and Barry Ryan (1948), Tiny Tavares (1949), Vaughan Mason - The Crew (1950), Debbie Googe - My Bloody Valentine (1962), Rob Green - Toploader (1969), Alonza Bevan - Kula Shaker (1970), Eds Chesters - The Bluetones (1970), Sabrina Washington - Mis-Teeq (1978), Ben Gillies - Silverchair (1979), Monica (1980) , Drake (1986)
Chart News
1960 Brenda Lee at No.1 on the UK chart with 'I Want To Be Wanted'
1960 Frank Sinatra at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Nice 'n' Easy'
1964 The Honeycombs at No.1 in Australia with Have I the Right
1970 Pink Floyd at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Atom Heart Mother'
1970 Santana at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Abraxas'.
1983 Culture Club at No.1 in Australia with Karma Chameleon
1987 Michael Jackson at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Bad'
1987 Sting at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Nothing Like The Sun.'
1988 U2 at No.1 in Australia with Desire
1992 Simple Minds at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Glittering Prize 81-92'
1998 Spacedust at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Gym and Tonic'
1999 Westlife at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Flying Without Wings'
2004 Ronan Keating at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘10 Years Of Hits’
2004 George Strait at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘50 Years of Hits’
2009 Michael Bublé at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Crazy Love’
2009 Britney Spears at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘3’
2020 24kGoldn featuring Iann Dior at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘Save Love (Laxed – Siren Beat’
Gig News
1963 The Beatles performed in Stockholm, Sweden
1964 The Rolling Stones played at The New York Academy of Music.
1969 Humble Pie appeared at the Empire, Sunderland, England supported by David Bowie.
1981 The Rolling Stones played at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida, supported by Van Halen.
Music News
2016 Bobby Vee died
2017 Fats Domino died

VU Sponsors