gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aww :( I'm all alone with wanting it to snow
I know and understand why you two don't want any and I'll hope you two don't get any or any of the freezing rain either.

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk
I don't like snow when I'm working outside. And it snowed in Minneapolis yesterday enough where I decided that it was not safe for me to be driving around in it without 4WD/AWD. I also decided to change hotels for the night to one close to the airport so I would not have to drive in the frozen mess this morning. Good thing too since I saw several cars that appeared to have spun out when I drove to the new hotel yesterday. I turned in my rental car yesterday as well and got on the hotel shuttle.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't like snow when I'm working outside. And it snowed in Minneapolis yesterday enough where I decided that it was not safe for me to be driving around in it without 4WD/AWD. I also decided to change hotels for the night to one close to the airport so I would not have to drive in the frozen mess this morning. Good thing too since I saw several cars that appeared to have spun out when I drove to the new hotel yesterday. I turned in my rental car yesterday as well and got on the hotel shuttle.
Glad you made those decisions, you gotta keep yourself safe ! Will you be able to get a 4WD or AWD when you go back to Minneapolis? I do hope so, you need a good vehicle for driving in the snow all day.
I remember the times driving without AWD or 4WD... what fun :rolleyes: . Really thankful I finally have a 4WD, I have fun, but I'm not stupid and think just cause I have 4WD means I can drive faster like some idiot drivers do.

! WAKE UP from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This weather is a hazard to drive in even for those that live in this frozen tundra let alone for someone who doesn't deal with it every winter, you made the right decissions sure don't need to be laid up in a strange hospital my friend :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi- Glad you are back- lol
Making Chili for dinner tonight- yum!
Hi Snap, Thank you my friend:hug:
Wow, that's what we are having too:bliss:, except ours doesn't have any meat in it:(, only have it with meat once a year:rolleyes: and then it ground lamb. I love chili though, one of my staples.
Net went out yesterday, don't know why, I guess cause it's comcast:rolleyes: but got it back a bit ago.
Hope you are having a great day.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
was not safe for me to be driving around in it without 4WD/AWD
Yes I live in a frozen tundra area- driving is hazardous here in winter storms and I always had a 4wheel drive truck or cars with good heavy rims and snow tires- I worked 27 miles one way all expressway and had to drive in some of the most horrible snow conditions imaginable, but I drove carefully and always made it there and back. Sometimes you couldn't tell the road from the sky- everything would be white and slippery too. You did the right thing- I would have done the same!
Glad I am retired now and don't have to drive in that crap any more. I blame all my gray hair on winter driving- lol

VU Sponsors