Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
the scorcher days have returned here:(
I hope everyone is stayin cool and havin a great day:)

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and text that says 'The whole idea of music, from the beginning of time, was for pepple to be happy.'

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'SOME OF US GREW UP LISTENING TO THE BEATLES THE COOL ONES STILL DO'

May be an image of text that says 'Songs will finish. Gigs will end. Bands will break up. www.musiciansunite.com But people will never forget the music and musicians that touched their heart and soul.'

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Easy On Me- Adele

Okay, for those who see hip hop and just move on, I'll just say that my hip hop choices have always been for compatibility as crossover in rock programming, with appeal to a wide audience. That's how I did it in the 90's. Some still will not be interested, but this one is a hilarious story within a tune:

Eazy Street

I swapped it back to the original. I have a clean radio edit that isn't so stripped down you can't follow the story. That other "clean" edit is too wiped out.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here it's fine for anyone to play any music you want to :)
I am lucky I guess, I can appreciate all music;)
Me too, love it all, but hip hop is controversial in any group of listeners. It wasn't always about gangsters and the glorification of crime, but it was about that too, and jazz was once just as controversial. The CIA followed jazz artists in the early days of the genre, trying to pin things on the artists, who were mostly black. Police raided those clubs. Music is more than just pleasure, to me. Art is a manifestation of life, of joy, pain, protest, celebration. The last one I posted, from Eazy E, is about crime and mischief, but so were the TV shows "Dukes of Hazzard" and "Hawaii 5-0". You get me. That is the complaint of controversial artists. The movie "Straight Outta Compton" is about the era when people in low income black neighborhoods were demanding, and getting, more police presence, without understanding the police are not our friends, how they will profile your youth, harass them, put an end to midnight basketball, break up groups congregating to talk in front of record stores, get your kids into detention, get them a record while still minors. The movie was very moving in many ways. I used to enjoy a lot of hip hop artists. Nowadays here in SA, radio is crap. Or I'm old. Whichever comes first :)

VU Sponsors