Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For a liquid cough drop try mixin finely ground ginger and honey. a little sip every time needed and tastes good too. We were wonderin where you were, glad you are gettin better :hug:

Thank you Jimi. We keep natural cures in mind, and I could have made one from honey and onions too, but you're feeling like crap, you raise your head from the pillow, cough a while, think about it and say "nah, not now", drop back and go to sleep again.

My grandma used to mix honey, whiskey and lemon juice on the stove in a small sauce pan, let it cool, then carry the pan to your bedside and spoon it right up to your mouth without ever spilling one drop. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

I do like your idea because I think I can make it now and it will keep a long time.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could have made one from honey and onions too, but you're feeling like crap, you raise your head from the pillow, cough a while, think about it and say "nah, not now", drop back and go to sleep again.
See, you need someone there with you when you feel bad;)

My grandma used to mix honey, whiskey and lemon juice on the stove in a small sauce pan, let it cool, then carry the pan to your bedside and spoon it right up to your mouth without ever spilling one drop. I'll never forget it as long as I live.
This almost sounds like a hot totty, an old time cold remedy, makes you sweat out the toxins and sickness was the theory;) We always had those when we were sick as a kid

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope you are feelin better soon @Bliss Doubt

Hug in a mug - get well soon card

VU Sponsors