Become a Patron!
Yo. Cloud chaser here. So I started vaping yesterday with an eGo, top coil tank, drip tip, the basic setup that comes with juice for like 25 bucks. I like it, but the draw is really tough, and the clouds are tiny, not at all what I was hoping for. I'm used to hookah clouds. Anyway. I was thinking about upgrading the tank to a naitilus mini tank because the coil is on the bottom and it has the ceramic wick and adjustable draw. But I'm not sure it's worth it. So should I just wait and get a brand new setup later when I get further into the hobby? In a couple of weeks I will have enough to drop 150 on a new setup. That's about the max I'm willing to spend. I need suggestions on tanks, mods, everything. Also! Is it possible to get huge clouds without a box mod? I REALLY hate how they look. I like a more streamlined cylinder.

dcegan12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey jman. I think ego just came out with a new product called the ego one ct/vt. theres a couple reviews out on youtube you ca check out. might be the right direction for you to head in if you like the tube style devices. the nautilus mini is a good tank, but it too has a tight draw and isn't made for clouds. kangertech also makes a good starter kit, although it is a box, but its much smaller than most others, and I think it comes with the subtank mini, which has a looser airdraw and will perform better than a nautilus in the cloud department. I haven't personally used the starter kit, but I do have a subtank and it is one of my go to tanks still. I would just recommend surfing youtube and checking out lots of reviews before you spend more money on something that's not what your looking for

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Nautilus Minis as my all day work vape and they are fantastic, but they are better suited for mouth to lung hits and for flavor. You might consider mech mods and attys for your style of vaping. Of course you will need safe, quality batteries and a charger. You could always try an Ego One Mega style of device, which has the battery, tank, coils all included in a kit. Maybe an IStick 30 with a Kangertech Subtank Nano. A lot of choices out there, might have to do a little reaserch online or checkout your local vape shop to get some ideas. Good luck, happy hunting, and welcome to VU.

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're going to spend $150 on a setup, you might as well get yourself something like a Sigelei 150 or 150TC and an Aspire Triton.
Just my .02

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U words of wisdom here look twice buy once!:cool:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome! First, I'm going to steer you toward the big post I've already put together for noob cloud chasers...

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

Lots there on what you need to get clouds and how to do it safely - take a look and let us know if you have more questions.

That said, you're not going to get hookah clouds off an eGo, regardless of tank. If you're trying to quit smoking, ditch that top coil and get a bottom coil clearo - the Nautilus is the best I've seen, but it's still not a cloudmaker and is designed more for higher-nicotine liquids that smokers use to satisfy their cravings.

$150 budget and you want to do things cheap? I'd be looking at an iStick 100 for about $35, a pair of Samsung 25R or LG HE2/HE4 batteries for $15 or less, a Uwell Crown or Smok TFV4 tank for about $30, and a spare pack of coils around $15-20. Well under budget, and you've got a plug-and-play system that doesn't require you to know how to build a coil safely or get into any of the dangers of mech use. Bonus is that the iStick has USB charging so you don't even have to drop another $15-25 on a charger, though that and a second pair of batteries should be next on your list of stuff to consider buying.

Oh wow gosh thanks! K glad to have such a big response. After looking around a lot I'm really liking the Herkules sub ohm tanks, with a sigelei 150 watt box. What I am concerned about is batteries. I'm looking at a pair (obviously) of Panasonic NCR 3400 mAh 18650s. Are these strong enough to support the setup? The resistance of the coils range come stock with 0.6 coils. The lowest I will go will probably be 0.3 at the least, and not go over 75 watts at the max. I'm getting the 150 in case I ever want to do RDAs or whatever. Im getting it from this website here http://www.wakeandvape.com/sigelei-150w/

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a solid mod and you found a pretty good price. Not sure about the batteries. I try to stick with Samsung or LG. Check out the battery Junkie Forum for some good info.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even with the tfv4 I still wouldn't call it a chaser or any tank for that matter. I love my tfv4 and use it when I'm driving. Even with the quad coil @ 100-150 watts it still isn't a "cloud chaser". If I want clouds RDA is the only way to go. All tanks are too restrictive for it IMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Understood, however even though it isn't an RDA is has been reviewed as putting out killer clouds. and its capacity is just HUGE it can literally take all the power i can put into it. As a noob I am not experienced enough to make RDAs and frankly am not interested in that now. I am not exactly mechanically minded. I may eventually get into that, however right now I am just interested in dropping a bunch of cash on an excellent setup that will last me for the next couple of months, with a box that will allow me to do basically everything that I want. From what I have found the sigelei will give me just that, and the Herkules will put out good cloud, at just an unbelievable price. Also a note, I am not trying to get off smoking, I do smoke pipes, cigars, cigarettes and hookah, but I am a recreational smoker at best. Vape and hookah are by far my favorite things to smoke, love the cool mist and the tricks.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Understood, however even though it isn't an RDA is has been reviewed as putting out killer clouds. and its capacity is just HUGE it can literally take all the power i can put into it. As a noob I am not experienced enough to make RDAs and frankly am not interested in that now. I am not exactly mechanically minded. I may eventually get into that, however right now I am just interested in dropping a bunch of cash on an excellent setup that will last me for the next couple of months, with a box that will allow me to do basically everything that I want. From what I have found the sigelei will give me just that, and the Herkules will put out good cloud, at just an unbelievable price. Also a note, I am not trying to get off smoking, I do smoke pipes, cigars, cigarettes and hookah, but I am a recreational smoker at best. Vape and hookah are by far my favorite things to smoke, love the cool mist and the tricks.
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't produce a good bit of vapor. Its just not what I would call chaser status, that's solely on me though, even wide open at the bottom and at the tip its still a bit restricting in my opinion.
As far as I'm concerned though it is the top dog of tanks. Sucks through juice but its understandable with triple or quad coils lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dcegan12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if your just in it for the hobby and doing tricks and stuff, you may be more satisfied with an rda, your going to get much better flavor and clouds, and if your not vaping constantly having a tank isn't really all that beneficial IMO. i used to be all about tanks, but now i pretty much just keep one in the truck so i don't have to drip while i drive. i have a tfv4, i just got it the other day, and for me it didn't really live up to the hype. it does produce slightly more vapor than other subohm tanks but the complete lack of flavor doesn't really make it worth it to me. with my rdas i can get both. i keep going back to my velocity. i think a clone runs about 25 bucks and there so easy to build. granted you will have to learn to build coils if you don't already. i always thought it would be a waste of time when i first started vaping but you can really customize your experience. as far as batteries i always use samsungs 25r i don't know i just started with them, i trust them and they haven't let me down yet. i tried some purple efests and they seem to get warm real fast and i just never felt comfortable using them after that

edit. sorry i just read the part where you said you didn't want to get into building lol i think any subohm style tank will do you alright for what your trying to do. i don't recommend the triton by aspire however i have had all sorts of leaking and spitback problems with mine. youtube land can always help make decisions too!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Sigelei 150 (non tc) is fantastic except for the fire button. My buddy has one and his button sucks and since it's not a wired button, it directly pushes on a button on the circuit board, I haven't been able to find anything to replace it with. I'm not sure if he has the most recent button as I think they updated it at some point. Maybe someone else knows for sure about the versions and buttons. Can't comment on the 150 tc. Images, reviews and Sigelei's reputation make me assume its a good mod.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow gosh thanks! K glad to have such a big response. After looking around a lot I'm really liking the Herkules sub ohm tanks, with a sigelei 150 watt box. What I am concerned about is batteries. I'm looking at a pair (obviously) of Panasonic NCR 3400 mAh 18650s. Are these strong enough to support the setup? The resistance of the coils range come stock with 0.6 coils. The lowest I will go will probably be 0.3 at the least, and not go over 75 watts at the max. I'm getting the 150 in case I ever want to do RDAs or whatever. Im getting it from this website here http://www.wakeandvape.com/sigelei-150w/
No, those batteries absolutely will not work. See the thread I linked fit a bigger discussion as to why, or just stuck with the Samsung and LG models mentioned.

Don't let people tell you that you HAVE to rebuild if you don't want to or don't want to learn about the safety concerns. Rebuilding will give you a much better vape, but a good new - gen clearo will still be much better than your eGo.

The Sigelei is a great product - I own the 100 v1 (the predecessor to the 150 non-TC) and it's still going strong almost a year later. But you'll need a separate battery charger, which isn't something to cheap out on.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Thanks for the article, @OBDave, very helpful. enjoyed it very enlightening. Im thinking about a nightcore charger, intellicharger i2. CONCERNS!! Is it really worth the extra money to get the 150w vrs say a pioneer4you IPV D2 for instance? Will I ever use 150 watts? Or is it better to just bite the bullet and get a big ass box that can be used for RDAs later?

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the article, @OBDave, very helpful. enjoyed it very enlightening. Im thinking about a nightcore charger, intellicharger i2. CONCERNS!! Is it really worth the extra money to get the 150w vrs say a pioneer4you IPV D2 for instance? Will I ever use 150 watts? Or is it better to just bite the bullet and get a big ass box that can be used for RDAs later?
Glad it helped - I've got a Nitecore D2 that's still kicking after more than a year of use, though I mostly use an Efest LUC v4 these days. The I2 should be just fine.

As far as the mod goes, the big bonus of the Sig 150 over the D2 is dual batteries - if you're running high power, a single battery will drain fast. But there are other less-expensive dual battery boxes if cost is a concern. You won't go wrong with the Sigelei, though, if you stay with that choice.

I never go above 75 watts, usually never above 60. That said, I like having the room to go higher if I want - though none of my current mods go higher than 100, and I'm looking at a D2 as a secondary device just for the small form factor, though I wouldn't expect it to last all day.

I just wanted to throw more crap into the fan and ask about the Pioneer4you IPV 4s. Is temp control worth all the hype? Is that a better option? Or is everyone just gonna say theres no such thing as a "better" option lol? Gosh, I think every mod has its downsides, the best reviews I've seen are for the sigelei 150 temp controlled. People seem to love it. But it is more. I don't even know. TOO MANY OPTIONS!!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd go with the sig over the ipv. I personally have no need for tc, but having it in addition to regular power mode doesn't hurt anything.

Thank you. Thats what I was starting to think. I just want something that works well, you know? And the sig just hauls in good reviews and it works basically forever.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. Thats what I was starting to think. I just want something that works well, you know? And the sig just hauls in good reviews and it works basically forever.
Like I said, I've still got the boxy, sharp-edged Sig 100 v1, the first of the high-powered Sig mods...aside from a few dented corners from drops onto concrete/asphalt the thing is a rockstar and still my daily driver for RDAs. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

VU Sponsors