Become a Patron!

Advice on choosing a new vape

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Hello! Sorry if this is the wrong category but I couldn't find anything to fit this thread.
I want to buy a new vape, mostly because I need to since I'm using a crappy vape pen, I quit smoking and I'm vaping since July this year.
I want a device that offers good flavour and isn't too complicated and consumes a decent amount of juice. I'm not really a cloud chaser.
My options are: Aspire Zelos kit and Innokin T20S.
I like the simplicity of Innokin but at the same time, the Zelos has some interesting functions. I'm also open to other options.
Any ideas or arguments?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just buy something of quality. When I started I purchased devices at my local b&m. My choices were poor and devices failed. Personally knowing what I know now. I should have just started with high-ish end mod. Because trust in this once you use a higher watt mod you will want better. Something to go the distance in the way of lifespan. Everything I started with although not inexpensive was semi-disposable.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU dude. What is your budget? What kind of vape experience are you looking for and where are you in the world?

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU dude. What is your budget? What kind of vape experience are you looking for and where are you in the world?
Thanks for the welcome! My budget is 70 euros max, I live in the balkans and my current device specs are this:
KangerTech T2 tank
EGO 2200mAh battery and VapersOne battery.. and that's it.
What I'm looking for is a simple device, good nicotine hits and for the flavouring.. as good as it can be. Also, it's very important for me to have a vape that's physically practical. Easy to use, easy to store, easy to carry around.
Things like temperature control, adjustable wattage, ariflow.. I don't mind having them but I don't think I need them either. The airflow sounds good as a secondary function.
Vaporesso Veco One looks good..any ideas?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for the welcome! My budget is 70 euros max, I live in the balkans and my current device specs are this:
KangerTech T2 tank
EGO 2200mAh battery and VapersOne battery.. and that's it.
What I'm looking for is a simple device, good nicotine hits and for the flavouring.. as good as it can be. Also, it's very important for me to have a vape that's physically practical. Easy to use, easy to store, easy to carry around.
Things like temperature control, adjustable wattage, ariflow.. I don't mind having them but I don't think I need them either. The airflow sounds good as a secondary function.
Vaporesso Veco One looks good..any ideas?

You vaping regular eliquid or salts? You want factory coils or are you twisting your own? Shoudlnt be hard to find you something like you describe.

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
You vaping regular eliquid or salts? You want factory coils or are you twisting your own? Shoudlnt be hard to find you something like you describe.
I am vaping regular liquids and I want to enter DIY world too since it's cost effective and I'm pretty picky when it comes to nicotine levels.
I use factory coils and I would like to continue to do so.

AnkouSitan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
As far as factory coils I would suggest the horizontech falcon tank. It lasts quite a bit. You can also pick up a decent dual battery mod and that should cover you. The falcon will run at 70-80 watts with the M2s coil which last a good while, I don’t have experience with the others.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU .
Are you open to an external battery device?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are 2 Zelos Kits. This one would be the better choice of the 2.
https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits543.html

But only if you think 2500Mah battery will last you long enough. 2500 isn't much, you may want to go with the 2S tank and more battery.

I agree with this one.

Between the two this would be your best choice.

Since it takes the Aspire Nautilus BVC coils you have plenty of coil options.

The kit has one 0.4 ohm coil and one 1.8 ohm coil.

Plus they make 0.7 ohm and 1.6 ohm coils

Your previous device was a pen style device so this would be a huge improvement.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are looking for a built in battery or would you rather removable?

The only issue I have with built in, is that with the removable you can carry spare batteries if needed.

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
I think I'll go with the Aspire Zelos kit, Black Friday is right around the corner and I'll get my stipend right about time. So far I couldn't find something to beat the Zelos kit.
Thank you all for the recommendations!

digger27

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the original Zelos kit with the Nautilus 2 tank and I graduated to this after starting with a Joytech D16 pen.
I have gone beyond that now into other more powerful mods, attys, drippers and squonkers but I still use that Zelos every day and love it.
When I leave the house that is the one that usually goes with me.
The new version is what I would go for now because refilling the tank with that push open top is 100 X's easier and less messy than unscrewing the original Nautilus 2 tank to fill it.
Flavor is pretty darn good but nowadays I usually have that one loaded up with either a commercial tobacco/menthol juice or something with peppermint...mostly though I fill it with a tobacco/menthol/juice I mix myself.
I tried the over 1 ohm coils that are recommended for MTL but I found for me the .7 coil is the right one.
Vaping at a low 13-17 watts that battery lasts me a long time before charging is needed.
Excellent and satisfying MTL hits for me with this setup.
Don't discount the airflow control, this does make a difference because it has a bigger range than those pens and will let you adjust that thing for a more personal and perfect Vape.
Plenty of coils available for this tank and I have tried the .5. .7 1.6 1.8 and even a Clapton coil made to fit a Triton fits in there but as I said for me the .7 at under 20 watts just hits the spot.

I know you mentioned you want to buy coils but if you ever change your mind look into the Ares RTA.
Slightly bigger than the Nautilus tank but still looks good on the Zelos.
Everything you need is in the box to easily build your own simple coils, wire, tools, cotton, and as good as the Nautilus is for me this tank is even better for MTL.
Even more adjustability because you can easily wrap coils to fit your own personal taste with an even bigger range than all the coils available for the Nautilus.
Flavor is great, the MTL experience for me is perfect at below 20 watts especially with my own juice....making your own coils is cheaper than buying them even though the Nautilus coils are still pretty affordable
Also several tutorial vids on Innokin's site to help you get the most out of it.

Last edited:

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for your replies! I bought the Zelos kit today and honestly so far I'm impressed. It is smaller than I remembered it, really easy to use and so far it's doing such a good job. I still have to play a bit with the adjustments to find the perfect settings for me but I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
It seems really self intuitive to use and the guy at the vape shop told me everything I need to know about it, he also gave me a bottle of 100 ml of e-juice. Really nice!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good to hear, glad you found what's working well for you!

VU Sponsors