Become a Patron!

Wouldn't it be a lot more convenient and useful to have a thin case for the juul that holds a extra

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey I just got into using a Juul, switched from a box mod vape to a juul a few days ago. I find it inconvenient to plug it in the wall for it to charge while sticking out and then have to hold the pods in my pocket or in a bag. Wouldn't it be a lot more convenient and useful to have a thin case for the juul that holds a extra pod and charges it a couple times?

I totally agree. They are so easy to lose. I've probably had to buy at LEAST 30 new sticks because I'm either losing them or they just stop working all of a sudden.

Was a smoker for 10+ years and was never able to quit until this technology. I notice a couple of recurring problems with this, a big one being that some brand new sticks hit differently. Also, I've found that sticks will eventually lose their strength (in terms of powerful hits) and they also just stop turning on/charging all together. Juul claims to have a decent return policy, but I'm not sure if people are actually taking advantage of that given how often a stick can have problems.

Also, due to many Pod droughts over the past few months (every store in NYC is sold out), I've had to pay almost double the cost through shady eBay dealers. On one shipment of pods, I noticed that the taste was very off - almost as if it was rotten. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, just that it wasn't right. Was very confused by that occurrence.

Right now my main concern is local availability and figuring out how to prolong the sticks lifespan.

Things that have worked for me:

1. Using a dry toothbrush to scrub the charging connectors on the stick. You will notice over time that wear and tear makes the four gold holes black. This in turn will affect how it charges, if very dirty, the stick won't charge at all. Dirty charges also make a mess of the actual charger. I have read that a magnetic screwdriver works for the charger, but I vigorously scrub the charger with a toothbrush as well.

2. If using old pods without leak pads, blow in to the pod BEFORE sticking it in to the Juul. Blowing air into the pod will wash away any residual liquid. Blowing air into the pod has helped IMMENSELY with leakage.

3. For more advanced users, check out this cool hack. In the video, the guy shows you how to take apart the pod (could also be used to refill the juice though i have never done that) and cut part of the plastic for a wildly improved throat hit and maximum flavor - i've tried this and it really really works.

Finally, does any one have any more cleaning advice? Or advice on how to prolong the life span of the sticks and/or increase the throat hit and flavor?

Piece of advice,

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Email PAX Labs and tell them you want to make/sell a slim PCC (Personal Charging Case) for the Juul. Just beware that they'll charge $500 for it. Of course, they'll probably give you $10 off the PCC if you agree to have your pods auto-shipped lol.

But the real question here is how/why did you go from a box mod to a Juul? What wattage did you vape at on your Box mod and what wattage output is the Juul?

Seems kinda strange someone would go from a box mod to a Juul, unless you are looking to ween yourself off of vaping.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Seems kinda strange someone would go from a box mod to a Juul, unless you are looking to ween yourself off of vaping.

I went from a box mod (joyetech cuboid / avocado rdta) to a juul then a myjet. I made the switch for a few reasons, one was portability. I'd just slide the myjet in my pocket & go. No need for extra batteries, charger, tools, cotton. I'd have to carry a bag to haul all my vape gear & that became a pain in the ass.
Two, the nicotine salts in the juul are amazing. I found a way to replicate the nic salts ejuice that's in the juul (diy ejuice). Three, the amount of juice I was going through. I'd vape 30-45ml (of 3mg) in two days versus 3-5ml (of 50mg) in the same timespan. Hopefully this gives you a different perspective.
No worries tho, we're all still vaping & isn't that the goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, yes. I was just curious. In no time, we'll all be checking out the Juul and the MyJet when they start making it illegal to even hold anything else but a pod or cigalike system.

What do you like better in terms of functionality and satisfaction...the Juul or the MyJet?

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Oh, yes. I was just curious. In no time, we'll all be checking out the Juul and the MyJet when they start making it illegal to even hold anything else but a pod or cigalike system.

What do you like better in terms of functionality and satisfaction...the Juul or the MyJet?

Good question. Thinking about it, the juul takes it by a hair. The juul gave me a different perspective & a better experience as far as a cigalike that really works (vapor production/ nicotine). Being an open system guy, the myjet appeals to me. The myjet holds more liquid, you can replace the cotton, burn the coils with a bic lighter to clean the coils. You can even replace the coils (quick YouTube search).
Finding out what type of eliquid juul uses really helped. Then I found two companies that sell nicotine salts ejuice in 30ml bottles (fill my pod & mr. salt e). Problem is myjet recommends 60/40 vg/pg & these juices are 70/30 (wicking wasn't keeping up & burnt cotton). Since I'm already knee deep in diy'ing I just ordered nicotine salts in vg & made some ejuice at 60/40.
I've given away my juul to my mom who used to smoked now she doesn't thanks to the juul. I refill the juul with the mr salt e for her. You could always try mr salt e at 5mg nicotine salts in your sub ohm open system to see how satisfying it is (5mg ONLY in a sub ohm setup).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email PAX Labs and tell them you want to make/sell a slim PCC (Personal Charging Case) for the Juul. Just beware that they'll charge $500 for it. Of course, they'll probably give you $10 off the PCC if you agree to have your pods auto-shipped lol.

But the real question here is how/why did you go from a box mod to a Juul? What wattage did you vape at on your Box mod and what wattage output is the Juul?

Just did this myself also. I went from box and RTA's and tanks like my super tank etc. To a Von Erl lol. Now I bust out my box once every few days. But man it was to a point where I was blowing through 30ml+ a day easy like workout. It just started to become a pain either shopping for cheap juice or making bulk amounts of DIY to keep the juice train rolling lol. Now I go through about 3ml a day and I can actually buy some more high end expensive juices and they last me a while vs burning a bottle in a day. Also man you can not put a price of stealth and easy to carry around can use any micro usb charger and learning to rebuilt my pods now. Nic salts are great also.

monsterlove

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the bo one has a pcc that charges the battery and it looks good. some of the other pod systems have pccs too but the bo definitely has the most attractive looking one. it seems like a missed opportunity by juul, but the juul is kinda old now, maybe something new will come out soon...

EDIT: you can buy an aftermarket PCC for the juul called the uptown tech jili, there might be others too

Last edited:

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought I would bring this thread back with a YouTube video unboxing the Jili PCC =)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well you have 5 more years now.

I have found the solution! I recently have purchased a Juul Vapor and lets say I love it... Lol more like addicted to it. Either way, I highly recommend you try one out for yourself if you never used one before. I switched over from an eleaf mega. I like the accessibility and how discreet Juuls are. My only complaint, I loose the damn thing too much. This is why I'm sharing! I recently found a page on Instagram called Jaylace. After looking through their page, I realized they solved my problem. Now usually I'm not one to write reviews, but holy crap! I love this Juul neckless. I go throughout the whole day never stressing about where it is. Not only is it cheap for its price, the jaylace actually works. I sleep in it all the time! If you are having the same issues that i occured, checkout IT SERIOUSLY HELPS! Would love to hear other feedback and ideas that people have done to keep track of their JUUL. Thanks!

Attachments

• jaylace.jpg
    jaylace.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cute. I recently made myself a little case out of leather. Extremely on-the-fly work. I now have some "real" tools to craft some nicer ones. This one can hold my Bo as well. I can't seem to upload a pic.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also, due to many Pod droughts over the past few months (every store in NYC is sold out),

I got a ton of MyJets in a GA and got my GF to stop using Cig-A-Likes with them but a POD Drought and the price tripling ended the infatuation so she uses a JAC Vapor Series S17 now and never looked back. At first you couldn't beat the price but then it felt like price gouging.

I totally agree. They are so easy to lose. I've probably had to buy at LEAST 30 new sticks because I'm either losing them or they just stop working all of a sudden.

Was a smoker for 10+ years and was never able to quit until this technology. I notice a couple of recurring problems with this, a big one being that some brand new sticks hit differently. Also, I've found that sticks will eventually lose their strength (in terms of powerful hits) and they also just stop turning on/charging all together. Juul claims to have a decent return policy, but I'm not sure if people are actually taking advantage of that given how often a stick can have problems.

Also, due to many Pod droughts over the past few months (every store in NYC is sold out), I've had to pay almost double the cost through shady eBay dealers. On one shipment of pods, I noticed that the taste was very off - almost as if it was rotten. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, just that it wasn't right. Was very confused by that occurrence.

Right now my main concern is local availability and figuring out how to prolong the sticks lifespan.

Things that have worked for me:

1. Using a dry toothbrush to scrub the charging connectors on the stick. You will notice over time that wear and tear makes the four gold holes black. This in turn will affect how it charges, if very dirty, the stick won't charge at all. Dirty charges also make a mess of the actual charger. I have read that a magnetic screwdriver works for the charger, but I vigorously scrub the charger with a toothbrush as well.

2. If using old pods without leak pads, blow in to the pod BEFORE sticking it in to the Juul. Blowing air into the pod will wash away any residual liquid. Blowing air into the pod has helped IMMENSELY with leakage.

3. For more advanced users, check out this cool hack. In the video, the guy shows you how to take apart the pod (could also be used to refill the juice though i have never done that) and cut part of the plastic for a wildly improved throat hit and maximum flavor - i've tried this and it really really works.

Finally, does any one have any more cleaning advice? Or advice on how to prolong the life span of the sticks and/or increase the throat hit and flavor?

Piece of advice,
are you close to Ohio, specifically eastern to central Ohio? if so, I got you on mango and aftermarket juul pods, I'm a manager at waterbeds and stuff, and salt capes have outmoded all of our much mods and non computed vapes, short of egos and wax pens for concentrates #saltsaresuper #truenic

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Juul SUCKS

SAY IT FUCKING LOUDER! JUUL SUCKS! JUUL KILLS! JUUL AIN"T COOL! UNFUCK JUUL! JUUL AIN"T WORTH A FUCK!

And before anyone gets a nose out of joint. So far, factually my statements are correct. The black market products are currently targeting Juul. We as vapers, as adults, need to step up and take personal accountability. There is no accountability for our leaders, no accountability for the parents of the children. Vaping is ours. We can damn well be accountable enough to stop Juul.

We can account for saving the lives of these damn orphaned children too. We can be the leadership they so need. We need to set the example here and now. Why stop Juul? Well, any company using closed pod systems will get attacked by black market knock offs. Juul is the example before us. We see what evil does with ignorance and lack of leadership. It profits from death. I for one am tired of seeing that happen.

Evil also destroys the good in the world by perverting it. Do you think the ignorant care that our vaping is not the cause of this? No they do not. Evil counts on that too. Evil gets a free ride on apathy, it is given free subterfuge.

"Oh look vaping is killing people!" That is the newsworthy but not important fact which gets focused on like a laser. Another fact that is important is that vaping has happened for a decade and so far, only 6 deaths from it. Compare that to say 40,000 deaths annually from smoking. Evil blinds the ignorant further using fear, catchy sound bytes, click bait.

The truth is people get killed in automobile accidents far out eclipsing the number of vapers per year. More people per year are struck by lightning too than die from vaping. Automobile deaths and lightning deaths also eclipse deaths by violent terrorism here in America for at least the past thirty to forty years.

Yet evil will try to convince the ignorant otherwise so as to sell Automatic Rifles right into the hands of those highly frightened ignorant people who of course take on the world in their heated paranoia. Again evil profiting from death and destroying something that believe it, or not was designed to help save lives, a good thing. Arms have always been meant as a means of deterring violence, no enacting it. Real strength can be gentle.

Evil knows too well the axiom, "look for trouble and you find it." Simply by looking for trouble your efforts and energy create trouble. Evil uses that as a snare for the good. And no I am not saying to cease being vigilant in being watchful, alert.

So now we see how evil works. Lets show it how good works and kick its ass to the curb, or even on into the incinerator. We shut out this Juul to provide an example. Vaping does not function safely using closed pod systems. In fact closed pod systems will only result in further attacks. This one has proved out the experiment, the "test run". "We can attack vaping as well as profit even if there is death." It exposes the ignorance too, and further exploits that.

I apologize if anyone has trouble connecting the similarities I illustrate here. Please do not ask me to try to explain. I lack the patience as well as the diplomacy. I'm sure others here, who do see what I see, can help. To be sure though, I do see this as evil attacking good. I think of myself as a good man. I'm not going to let evil have a free ride.

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fckn do not buy any big tobacco devices. Do not sell them. Juul would like to see the vape industry die and be the only player on the board. BOYCOTT. Jeez. You would think after all Juul did forum members would be smarter.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fckn do not buy any big tobacco devices. Do not sell them. Juul would like to see the vape industry die and be the only player on the board. BOYCOTT. Jeez. You would think after all Juul did forum members would be smarter.
Agreed.... n never touched 1 .. never will. Ill qyit 1st or go back to rolling my own stinkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started on cig-a-likes by Njoy. Did not care for those. Next was Ego batteries with clear-o-mizer tanks. Then, an Innokin MVP & a couple Itazte sticks. Still got those sticks floating here, one with an old clear-o on it. I now squonk on a Coppervape using RDAs, or a version 1 Eleaf Pico Squeeze, a Reo Grand style clone.

Not ever tried any "pod" device. Have always thought with their "pods" only taking up to about 2 ml of juice and batteries still using mAh for rating, they were too limited for my use. My squonk bottle in my Pico squeeze holds at least 6 ml. The Coppervape bottle holds at least 9.5 ml and I can get an 18650 battery to usually last me three days before needing a recharge.

Not sure I understand "trendy", "fashionable" as arguments for pod vaping but everyone uses what they like. "Stealth vaping"? Please, why do I have to be stealthy in regular day to day civilian life? I might understand if I was out on a military covert operation. Well no, even then I would set aside my own personal pleasures to do the job damn it. And if not out covertly in a field somewhere a soldier is in a base, no great need of stealth there either. Yes, operational stealth but that is covered by base personnel. There are buildings, tents on bases where soldiers are indoors and out of sight. Vape there, or in designated outdoor areas at designated times.

Unless of course you're a child and need to sneak around. Ah. There it is, eh? Be fortunate to not count yourself my child. Oh the horrors I could visit you without laying a finger on you. Sneak around on me, child? I'll show you sneaking but indeed. You won't ever know but I'm there. No, you'll not scream for mother. She gives me free reign to punish. Mother never worries. Her children are always good children, so says Father. And you will grow up being instilled with respect, discipline, honor, empathy, compassion, happy, and a well rounded person. Mother never worries. Besides you have to consider the expression, "it was a mother that brought you into the world and a mother will take you out of it."

VU Sponsors