Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ugh.... it's that time. Gotta go prepare the lunches, get ready for work, then drive to hell. Fishee, if you moved here, we're ALWAYS hiring. Because everyone quits (seriously). I get paid to be part of an exhausting, hellish nightmare everyday with bosses that are complete idiots and have no fucking clue how to run a place. Aren't you just dying to do that?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. You definitely work in my company's corporate offices.
Ugh.... it's that time. Gotta go prepare the lunches, get ready for work, then drive to hell. Fishee, if you moved here, we're ALWAYS hiring. Because everyone quits (seriously). I get paid to be part of an exhausting, hellish nightmare everyday with bosses that are complete idiots and have no fucking clue how to run a place. Aren't you just dying to do that?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would if I could. But unfortunately parole is keeping in here. They really like me and don't want to lose me. I do thank you for the invite though.
Hope you have as good a day as possible Huckleberried.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Counting Crows came outta hiding to promote their new album and do a song on the Today Show this morning. If the performance was any indication of what the new album sounds like, they need to go back into hiding. Or just fire Adam Duritz. Or tell him not to get so drunk in the morning. Holy shit. My ears are bleeding.

Think I'm exaggerating? Listen: http://www.today.com/entertainment/counting-crows-perform-mr-jones-today-plaza-1D80117518

"Oh look at me, I'm gonna sing Mr Jones' all off-key and to a different beat than the music, because it was our biggest hit and I need to spin it differently to make everyone hate it because that's all they remember us for... I'm suuuuchhhh a rock star, maaaaaaaan."

I wish they'd kept in the parts where he was being a total sarcastic douchebag to Matt Lauer during the obligatory Q&A session.
Wow. That was bad.
My first car was a 1979 Ford Pinto. I bought it from my neighbor for 50.00 because it had been hit in the passenger side rear quarter panel, the drum brakes rattled and screeched.
Still, the car sounded better than that...

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Counting Crows came outta hiding to promote their new album and do a song on the Today Show this morning. If the performance was any indication of what the new album sounds like, they need to go back into hiding. Or just fire Adam Duritz. Or tell him not to get so drunk in the morning. Holy shit. My ears are bleeding
Think I'm exaggerating? Listen: http://www.today.com/entertainment/counting-crows-perform-mr-jones-today-plaza-1D80117518

"Oh look at me, I'm gonna sing Mr Jones' all off-key and to a different beat than the music, because it was our biggest hit and I need to spin it differently to make everyone hate it because that's all they remember us for... I'm suuuuchhhh a rock star, maaaaaaaan."

I wish they'd kept in the parts where he was being a total sarcastic douchebag to Matt Lauer during the obligatory Q&A session.
Asking folks to listen to this is like saying...
This milk smells funny... Taste it.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Asking folks to listen to this is like saying...
This milk smells funny... Taste it.

HAHAHAHAHA that's exactly what my friend said to me when I posted it on facebook!!!!!!

He wrote:
"Also, taste this Milk, Ann-Marie thinks it might be spoiled."

LOL

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any Lady Gaga fans in the house?
Yeah, me neither

I would LOVE to snuggle up next to Yolandi Visser.

h0956531E

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. That was bad.
My first car was a 1979 Ford Pinto. I bought it from my neighbor for 50.00 because it had been hit in the passenger side rear quarter panel, the drum brakes rattled and screeched.
Still, the car sounded better than that...
The Pinto had a design flaw which could kill the driver under certain conditions. The company had to make a decision on what the cost would be to recalling the cars, redesigning and rectifying the flaw, and the cost of letting it continue in production as it was and the cost of being sued over the deaths. That's what they call business ethics!! No points for guessing which decision they chose..

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Pinto had a design flaw which could kill the driver under certain conditions. The company had to make a decision on what the cost would be to recalling the cars, redesigning and rectifying the flaw, and the cost of letting it continue in production as it was and the cost of being sued over the deaths. That's what they call business ethics!! No points for guessing which decision they chose..
Yup. Rear end collisions could rupture the fuel tank.
I painted a big red target on mine :D

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like my job

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one of the things that really bugs me is when singers intentionally lag a phrase or two behind the music. they think it's so cool and all, but i am here to tell them....it's not!!!!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ya think google reads your email? damn right they do. i got a notification with fishee's skunk story, and the following ad was on my gmail page:

Dog Got Skunked? - www.skunkmasters.com - We will come to your home now! On Demand Relief 24/7

ffs.

Cookies, you have them.

This site, like most, uses Google Analytics and will set a cookie for tracking. Obviously, if it's still in place when you hit Gmail, you'll get targeted ads based on where you've been.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cookies, you have them.

This site, like most, uses Google Analytics and will set a cookie for tracking. Obviously, if it's still in place when you hit Gmail, you'll get targeted ads.

i do have my "do not track me" thingie checked, but it obviously doesn't work.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
went to the eye doc this morning. i am still dilated so everything is kinda fuzzy.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a coupe of pintos
First one was the explosive one. Seemed the bumper braces would poke a hole in the gas tank if hit in the rear.... Not bad enough? Seems the wiring for the tail lights was between bumper brace and fuel tank.......
:eek:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a coupe of pintos
First one was the explosive one. Seemed the bumper braces would poke a hole in the gas tank if hit in the rear.... Not bad enough? Seems the wiring for the tail lights was between bumper brace and fuel tank.......
:eek:

sounds like i designed the stupid thing. :p

VU Sponsors