Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's funny as hell!!
finger-pointing-down-animation-gif.gif

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. It's gonna be the Walther PPQ M2, 4" barrel, 9mm. Just seems like it has everything the Glock does and then some. I kinda had my heart set on the .40, but the extra capacity of the 9mm coupled with +P ammo makes the .40's advantage a moot point. Back to your regularly scheduled program...

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok. It's gonna be the Walther PPQ M2, 4" barrel, 9mm. Just seems like it has everything the Glock does and then some. I kinda had my heart set on the .40, but the extra capacity of the 9mm coupled with +P ammo makes the .40's advantage a moot point. Back to your regularly scheduled program...
For a CCW, I think 9mm is just fine. Has been for a service weapon since before WW2. Ballistically the same as a 38sp. The one incident that the FBI used to push for the development of the .40SW was really a fluke incident, a 1-in-10,000,000 case. The FBI as well as Navy and other military are now moving back to 9mm.

That Walther is a nice looking pea shooter! I could see myself getting one for a truck gun, range gun, or one of my many stash locations around the house. Like the capacity of double stack magazines, but (especially in the summer), like the concealability of the smaller single stack, so my G43 isn't going anywhere for that purpose... but one can never have too many!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For a CCW, I think 9mm is just fine. Has been for a service weapon since before WW2. Ballistically the same as a 38sp. The one incident that the FBI used to push for the development of the .40SW was really a fluke incident, a 1-in-10,000,000 case. The FBI as well as Navy and other military are now moving back to 9mm.

That Walther is a nice looking pea shooter! I could see myself getting one for a truck gun, range gun, or one of my many stash locations around the house. Like the capacity of double stack magazines, but (especially in the summer), like the concealability of the smaller single stack, so my G43 isn't going anywhere for that purpose... but one can never have too many!
ive always wanted a PPK, but I also love a good dirty martini....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
morning...

been fighting with hp for months over a screwy laptop....
they finally agreed to build this to resolve the problem.
and it comes with the bang&olefsun sound thingy
specs[4602549].PNG

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
morning...

been fighting with hp for months over a screwy laptop....
they finally agreed to build this to resolve the problem.
and it comes with the bang&olefsun sound thingy
View attachment 63044

Nice! Decent graphics card too, that's if you game. My laptop has the i7-6700 and its very snappy, it's paired with the gtx 960 and is great for moderate gaming. So that one should have any issues with whatever you throw at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice! Decent graphics card too, that's if you game. My laptop has the i7-6700 and its very snappy, it's paired with the gtx 960 and is great for moderate gaming. So that one should have any issues with whatever you throw at it.

Thank you! I don't game; but, I did want the GPU for video editing. I wanted something that should stay current for quite a while. The only thing I can see needing is a bigger SSD. Considering I have plenty of space on "onedrive" i should be good there though.

i had oe of those flippy laptop convertible things that spazzed out on me a few weeks after i got it. they took 2 months and then said they would build a new kit- apparently the "repair department" at HP sucks

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! I don't game; but, I did want the GPU for video editing. I wanted something that should stay current for quite a while. The only thing I can see needing is a bigger SSD. Considering I have plenty of space on "onedrive" i should be good there though.

i had oe of those flippy laptop convertible things that spazzed out on me a few weeks after i got it. they took 2 months and then said they would build a new kit- apparently the "repair department" at HP sucks

I have a 256 m2.5 ssd for my os then swapped the 1tb hybrid for a ssd and turned the hybrid into an external. It's nice having ample space if needed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a 256 m2.5 ssd for my os then swapped the 1tb hybrid for a ssd and turned the hybrid into an external. It's nice having ample space if needed.

the one that they screwed up was 1tb ssd, For whatever reason that wasn't an option with this; but they put in dvd burner; which the other one didn't have. So i guess, i was going to need something external either way lol
that or at the rate things are going, if i wait 6 months i can use a 1tb flash drive. lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
morning red and spanky

have your hurricane survival kit ready yet?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

i have been progressively downgrading

was running arch linux on a monster desktop for a long time

downgraded to boring ubuntu on a cheap laptop, then a chromebook and android phone

tinkering is fun though

just found this thread, i tend to stick to knuckledom and squonkers threads from watched list

hi 'ways

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

downgraded to boring ubuntu on a cheap laptop, then a chromebook and android phone

tinkering is fun though

just found this thread, i tend to stick to knuckledom and squonkers threads from watched list

hi 'ways

Freakin Aussies, smfh lol welcome DOGMAN

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

tinkering is fun though

hi 'ways
Hey DogMAN! welcome!! bring up a chair, and grab a drink and taco!
BaconWeaveTaco3111.jpg

ive been using my surface3, t works great for everything- other than adobe premier pro. That program is a damn monster.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors