Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I'm not going to lie, I am very tempted to give this guy business. He seems to be taking the high road with things. Going to watch and see how high these go, but that blue one looks really cool.

It's also funny that he outright says the venting issue is addressed. The original sellers took all that time trying to show these crazy claims how theirs was venting.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh snap..

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Just in case you don't feel like clicking, here are the details of the auction. Talk about knifing from the front in the classiest way possible. Essentially every point of his was a fix or response to Manhattan problems (at half the price).

• This is a vented 18650 made by the 1st and original machinist for the manhattans first run.
  • The mod had been redesigned and the flaws of the manhattan have been addressed.
  • The button has 3 slits which allows ventilation to the battery.
  • There is also a pin added in the button to prevent the button from becoming loose from the contact. You won't ever have to worry about the button rattling loose and falling off.
  • The mod performs the same if not better than the manhattan at only half he price. All parts, top cap, tube, bottom cap, contacts are interchange and will work with manhattans.
  • The magnets are exactly the same 'rare earth' magnets.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems as if the Machinist is now selling them himself at very reasonable pricing! :eek:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
have to give him credit for actually coming forward and being honest.. although he handled himself like a douche bag with todd (and still is) and tried to mislead the community with the "we stopped manufacturing because of clones safety hazard, our morale is superior" bull shit (from what he stated he stopped bc of his insurance company that stemmed from him wanting to eat a loss to maintain his standard of quality) and has videos of himself using clones without any explanation of that, this is a step in the right direction i think

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Im going to say about a third of that sounds true to me. I have heard that tone from douche bags for years...that "I got cocky and pissed a lot of people off, now it's really effecting my money/life" tone while they explain away shit without ever saying anything, of course still sounding sincere enough to appease people he still thinks hes better then. Im not buying 100% of this video. Still looks like an amazing mod. I still want one, to be honest, I want one of the ones not from Ameravape, I like the story of those particular mods better.

chicagorod

Member For 5 Years
Yes I am against Cloning... Wait aren't all MOD's clones?? What original product is there?? Tired of all these claims on clones. I see some original MODs are few and far between

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
few days after i watched this i saw that they took some chinese government propaganda, posted it to their instagram, and used it as a way to bash clones and promote their product.. this propaganda is originally being used to bash vaping in general.. one step forward, two steps back for these douche bags

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that firing pin looks like he chewed it off. I'm an ex machinist, I can say there is a huge composition difference between bar and pipe. That said I don't know the pressure ratings needed for a venting battery. But if there are proper vents I don't see that as a problem. But I guess that's not the issue. Their issue is probably voltage drop. I feel that issue is metal composition. Then again I'm not an electrical engineer. But he sounds a little full of it. It being shit

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
have to give him credit for actually coming forward and being honest.. although he handled himself like a douche bag with todd (and still is) and tried to mislead the community with the "we stopped manufacturing because of clones safety hazard, our morale is superior" bull shit (from what he stated he stopped bc of his insurance company that stemmed from him wanting to eat a loss to maintain his standard of quality) and has videos of himself using clones without any explanation of that, this is a step in the right direction i think

He is not being honest in this video, he is still full of shit .. Got the story from the original machinist, and its a very different, and very believable story.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I Still say fuck ameravape. The guy is a lying sack of shit.
I would buy from the machinist.

Amen Amen .. I saw a FB group buy for the FUhattan mod, and the branding has a huge middle finger on it ... its awesome.

He is not being honest in this video, he is still full of shit .. Got the story from the original machinist, and its a very different, and very believable story.

Reeeeeeally? Please, do tell. I love me some vape drama. :D

Seriously though, I have only heard snippets regarding the fallout with their machinist and if you have the skinny on what actually went down I would love to hear this other side of the story. I'm sure others would too.

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reeeeeeally? Please, do tell. I love me some vape drama. :D

Seriously though, I have only heard snippets regarding the fallout with their machinist and if you have the skinny on what actually went down I would love to hear this other side of the story. I'm sure others would too.
Long story short. ....
Ameravape stiffed the machinist I believe because of a design change or the total amount of money owed for the machining work.
With that said....that's where the "clones" came from. The machinist selling them off to get some money back. The machinists' mods did not come with boxes...hence....they're clones.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Manhattan mod is being cloned in brass. Just recieved an email today about it in fact. Just a heads up.

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
The reviewer Twisted420 has had his own version of them made. "First sneak peek if the black version if the FUhattan! These and the Copper's shipped yesterday! I'll try to get Copper pics as well. This shall go down as the most awesome clone in history!"
10501707_328065527363086_6565714746160117287_n.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Focalecig.com is also bringing in the black and red aluminum Manhattan's made by Acerig, they are not listed yet, but we should see them next week. They have also ordered the Copper version, which is still in production, but should ship out to the vendor by the end of next week. And these will be stocked in their US warehouse.

I would not recommend the Manhattan's presently listed on their site in the China warehouse though.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Long story short. ....
Ameravape stiffed the machinist I believe because of a design change or the total amount of money owed for the machining work.
With that said....that's where the "clones" came from. The machinist selling them off to get some money back. The machinists' mods did not come with boxes...hence....they're clones.

That is not true .. there was no design change, that is a Amera-lie, and the story they are peddling cover the bad smell of the shit they started. Ameravape took 1200pcs out of 1400 or 1500 pcs that were produced, because that is all they could afford.

They left the machinist hanging with the bullshit excuse that the remaining were flawed, but it wasn't true, at least according to the shop owner. When they picked up the 1200pcs and walked out with them, they told the machine shop owner that they had left an envelope in his office for him, which he assumed was a payment for services rendered. But it was a letter ordering the shop owner to destroy the remaining pieces, citing that they were flawed, which the shop owner maintains is not the truth.

Last edited:

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^^^^
I knew it was either design change or a money issue. I could care less...I own 3 manhattans and they're great mods. Super sub builds with Vtc5s efest 35's n vamped 50's. ...no huge explosion or pipe bomb mishaps lol.
2ute4u8y.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The copper clone in the email I recieved from the manufacturer looks fantastic tho. I know some people hate clones, personally I could care less who makes it as long as it works well.

Well I have two on their way to me, I should have them tomorrow *insert happy dance* They are made by Acerig, one Red Alumimnum, and one Copper. While this is typically not my personal style/taste in mechs, I am totally in it for the review and comparison aspect. So I really looking forward to these, from appearance to function, I can't wait to check'em out. :D

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I have two on their way to me, I should have them tomorrow *insert happy dance* They are made by Acerig, one Red Alumimnum, and one Copper. While this is typically not my personal style/taste in mechs, I am totally in it for the review and comparison aspect. So I really looking forward to these, from appearance to function, I can't wait to check'em out. :D

Yea, I've got a copper Fuhattan coming. The box is almost worth the price of the mod!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I've got a copper Fuhattan coming. The box is almost worth the price of the mod!
So true, that box is fuggin EPIC! I was laughing my ass off watching Twisted's review. Got both of mine today, and they are damn fine based on first impressions. The texture on the Red is slick and sexy as hell ... it feels like silk, very sensual feeling. Haven't used them to vape yet, but so far very fekkin good. :D

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I watched Twisted420's review this morning. He tested the venting of the original manhattan against a few of the clones. The clones appeared to vent better than the original. So it appears the venting changed between the original and the FU-hattan.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So true, that box is fuggin EPIC! I was laughing my ass off watching Twisted's review. Got both of mine today, and they are damn fine based on first impressions. The texture on the Red is slick and sexy as hell ... it feels like silk, very sensual feeling. Haven't used them to vape yet, but so far very fekkin good. :D

So you vaped on 'em yet? Impressions?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is not true .. there was no design change, that is a Amera-lie, and the story they are peddling cover the bad smell of the shit they started. Ameravape took 1200pcs out of 1400 or 1500 pcs that were produced, because that is all they could afford.

They left the machinist hanging with the bullshit excuse that the remaining were flawed, but it wasn't true, at least according to the shop owner. When they picked up the 1200pcs and walked out with them, they told the machine shop owner that they had left an envelope in his office for him, which he assumed was a payment for services rendered. But it was a letter ordering the shop owner to destroy the remaining pieces, citing that they were flawed, which the shop owner maintains is not the truth.

So did the machine shop owner get stiffed?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So you vaped on 'em yet? Impressions?

I am vaping the copper right now .. it hits hard. A friend of mine who also bought the same one has tested it against the authentic that belongs to a buddy, and the Acerig Copper clone has a .7 voltage drop. The throw on the switch takes some getting used to because it is a long, and firm press to fire. The switch benefits from cleaning and a little sanding around the sides to make the switch action smoother.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I watched Twisted420's review this morning. He tested the venting of the original manhattan against a few of the clones. The clones appeared to vent better than the original. So it appears the venting changed between the original and the FU-hattan.

I did the same .. I blew through the tube without battery, and with the battery installed and there is definite venting through the switch, without question.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im not a fan of Amera vape as a company but Todd was in the wrong here. If I worked hard on a mod to sell and some reviewer calls my mod a pipe bomb just because he couldnt blow air through the pipe would piss me off too. Yeah they could have handled it better, but still. Also, somebody on reddit proved the authentic Manhattans do vent with enough air pressure.

Portertown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These are the Acerig Manhattan's that I picked up from Focalecig's US warehouse, $26 for the Red matte aluminum, and $30 for the Copper

8TZYUp3.jpg

em1lLT1.jpg

I have these two exact Manhattan clones and let me tell you they are quite impressive. I am sitting here right now vaping away on the copper one with my 454 Big Block dripper with a .3 ohm quad coil build mounted on it. I have heard of people saying this mod or that mod hits like a "freight train" and I have to say these Manhattan clones do that. I highly recommend these clones to anyone looking for first class mod at a reasonable price. Check them out on Focalecig.com in their US warehouse section on their site.

cloudy_judgement

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I won one of the auction of the first batch he sold. I was getting it to resell and w/o the box I didn't get it. Im kicking myself now, I saw one in the retail shop, very nice mod. Here is the ebay of the guy selling these.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/skullthreadz/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654
This thread seems to have swayed from the OP. I am researching this, as I have tried to sell a red mod that I picked up from him, but I am catching a lot of slack for trying to sell a "clone" for the price I paid. I need more info on the machinist. I need to provide proof of where it was made, etc. I don't exactly want to get labeled a scammer just because I am not 100% hyp to the entire story. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Where is the original machinist from? The vented buttons... It was previously stated there was no design change, but vented buttons are clearly that. Somebody help me understand this...

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^^^
If you purchased it from an authorized reseller it's "authentic". If you got it somewhere else it's not. Or just email ameravape like I did to find out if they sold to said store to verify.

cloudy_judgement

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one I have is from the batch that AV stiffed the machinist with. I have absolutely no doubt there. It is not an Amerivape product. It was made on the same CNC using the same program. However, according to research, this mod is essentially responsible for the Manhattan being discontinued. I just need to know if the original machinist was in the US, or if it was outsourced, as rumor has it. I cannot find that info. I do know that they redesigned the switch as previously stated. All things considered, it is not technically a "clone", but an unbranded V2.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The reviewer Twisted420 has had his own version of them made. "First sneak peek if the black version if the FUhattan! These and the Copper's shipped yesterday! I'll try to get Copper pics as well. This shall go down as the most awesome clone in history!"
View attachment 2900
Do you need like a specialized tool to dissasemble the switch? It just looks like that would be the case, based on that weird looking c clip like thing...

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
These are the Acerig Manhattan's that I picked up from Focalecig's US warehouse, $26 for the Red matte aluminum, and $30 for the Copper

with the copper version, have you had any attys that won't make connection or don't sit flush bc of the whole non adjustable positive pin. Honestly, I don't know what could've been the motivation behind taking the route they did, it's just so ridiculously inconvenient and counterintuitive. Also, while I'm on the topic, I don't know why they didn't just throw away the positive pin all together and go hybrid top cap, especially considering this is a "competition mod" lmao what a pile of marketing bullshit...

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
You mean the c-clip that has been a industrial standard clip for 30 years or more? Yes they have a tool, or you could use a screw driver.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean the c-clip that has been a industrial standard clip for 30 years or more? Yes they have a tool, or you could use a screw driver.
The c-clip or clip to retain piston wrist pins (US) / gudgeon pins (UK) has been in use since the Ford Model T.

I have no idea where I learned that bit of useless trivia.

VU Sponsors