Become a Patron!

Anxiety

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I escaped numerous times , problem is they had to come looking for me , why don't these people just bug off and mind their own business.
Bro I have this box its about 4 x 4 if you ever get bad I will fly you down here and you can live in my box I will feed you well :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've got Ochlophobia. I do as well. Just hate crowded places, never could do the bar scene when it was crowded.

Same here.
Always hated doing anything on the weekends because it's always so crowded. So noisy, so chaotic.
Often triggers my social anxiety as well and I end up getting nervous, sweating, and a dry mouth. Even standing in line at a register waiting to be rung up can do this. People behind me, watching, staring, waiting for me to get done so they can be rung up. Oh no, that item isn't scanning right and the cashier is having to spend time fiddling with it while everybody behind me in line is thinking bad thoughts about my selection of stuff that is holding them up. ugh.

Always sucks at work though. My ADHD / OCD results in me easily getting into a routine and becoming extremely focused on performing that routine. Downside of that is that I normally end up out performing everybody around me causing the managers to give me more attention, which in turn makes me nervous and I end up pushing myself harder due to the fear of not performing good enough. It's a slippery slope at the top of a downward spiral until that break bell rings and I can get outside to get some nicotine. Especially if something screws up that carefully planned out routine.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've got Ochlophobia. I do as well. Just hate crowded places, never could do the bar scene when it was crowded.
Never knew it had a name! I also get the same reaction due to my misophonia (or Kelly Ripa disease as I like to call it). Crazy thoughts of violence when I hear chewing...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here.
Always hated doing anything on the weekends because it's always so crowded. So noisy, so chaotic.
Often triggers my social anxiety as well and I end up getting nervous, sweating, and a dry mouth. Even standing in line at a register waiting to be rung up can do this. People behind me, watching, staring, waiting for me to get done so they can be rung up. Oh no, that item isn't scanning right and the cashier is having to spend time fiddling with it while everybody behind me in line is thinking bad thoughts about my selection of stuff that is holding them up. ugh.

Always sucks at work though. My ADHD / OCD results in me easily getting into a routine and becoming extremely focused on performing that routine. Downside of that is that I normally end up out performing everybody around me causing the managers to give me more attention, which in turn makes me nervous and I end up pushing myself harder due to the fear of not performing good enough. It's a slippery slope at the top of a downward spiral until that break bell rings and I can get outside to get some nicotine. Especially if something screws up that carefully planned out routine.
Same experience here, I don't even like people walking behind me, very irrational, I know, but it's something I lack control of.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never knew it had a name! I also get the same reaction due to my misophonia (or Kelly Ripa disease as I like to call it). Crazy thoughts of violence when I hear chewing...
I get that when I hear metal on metal or when people slide silver ware against thier teeth.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
definitely it's trial and error with psychiatrists and psychologists. .

I dig my current psychiatrist, she's very thorough and isn't quick to write scripts.

That would be a no go for me , no way i'm paying psychiatrist prices without getting the scripts .

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be a no go for me , no way i'm paying psychiatrist prices without getting the scripts .
no no you get them at your 3rd or 4th appointment. She likes to notice patterns and stuff like that, measure this and that

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol!

Ma'am your dad is not in the CIA and your mom is not a cover wife.

Me: how the hell do you know that? Did you check? Lol

Not hard to figure out when you see vans with the hospitals name and police cars with flashing lights slowly driving up and down every street with powerful spotlights turning night into day , they ain't spotlighting deer .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bro I have this box its about 4 x 4 if you ever get bad I will fly you down here and you can live in my box I will feed you well :)

I love box living , i appreciate the offer my friend , very tempting for sure.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Holy cow , i thought i was the only one who had the urge to kill when someone made a chewing sound , i become outraged , this can't be normal can it?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy cow , i thought i was the only one who had the urge to kill when someone made a chewing sound , i become outraged , this can't be normal can it?
Certain it isn't "normal". Otherwise we wouldn't have any loud chewers left ;). I think a good majority of my anxiety results in anger. I think the fight or flight response is kicking in..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Certain it isn't "normal". Otherwise we wouldn't have any loud chewers left ;). I think a good majority of my anxiety results in anger. I think the fight or flight response is kicking in..

I guess your right , can't be normal to want to "kill" but i don't think wanting to seriously injure someone for loud chewing is out of line.

If you were in front of a Judge explaining why you seriously injured a loudchew , and made him look like (see below pic) i'm sure the Judge would say "a loudchew " , well case dismissed , we can't have any of those around here.

images

Look at this one , can you believe it , he still won't stop chewing.
tumblr_inline_mzlcxmjnil1r0awc5.jpg

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no no you get them at your 3rd or 4th appointment. She likes to notice patterns and stuff like that, measure this and that

Third or fourth appointment , no chance , they charge $300.00 per 45 min around here . I always had them hook me up first appointment , just bring good info on your past history.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here.

When i read the blue highlighted text above i busted out laughing , that is hilarious to me , not that it's untrue but that i know exactly what your talking about, i ,however, don't sweat it as much.

The reason , because i am the one usually caught behind someone that decides to write a check to purchase a pack of tic tacs , thats after they realize things cost money and they have to go retrieve their checkbook out of their car .

When the tables get turned i say make em wait lol.

Regarding ADD , your lucky you have something that you can remain focused on , usually if that repeated activity is uninteresting you cannot remain focused on it so good for you.

ADD people (properly diagnosed) have had a long history of repeated failures and therefor may over do things to avoid being told for the 1000th time that your job performance is poor by the always seemingly disappointed boss .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are we allowed to discuss that here? Yikes.

Sure , don't see whats so off limits about that , doesn't look illegal or even real to me. Actually it is real but i would love to know whats in it , i am extremely skeptical with stuff like this , i know better.

TruSound

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They'd have to lock me in a padded room if someone took my vape away, no matter what I'm doing, from sun up to sun down there's a device in hand or in pocket...It's my pacifier.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are we allowed to discuss that here? Yikes.
They make real meds for anxiety I know I suffer severely I suggest calling up your local Doc and stay away from these elixirs tell your Doc " Doc I feel like I'm going to go postal " and also may bury people if they say another word get some benzos but do not vape them you may pop your brain out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They make real meds for anxiety I know I suffer severely I suggest calling up your local Doc and stay away from these elixirs tell your Doc " Doc I feel like I'm going to go postal " and also may bury people if they say another word get some benzos but do not vape them you may pop your brain out

I wouldn't tell your Doc your going to go postal , you'll likely get locked up lol.

Feeling the urge to kill and bury people where they stand if they happen to say something to you is perfectly normal behavior though , i looked into it , perfectly normal.

Nothing wrong with blowing the brain stem out either , the key is limiting it to a few times a week tops , overdo it and it can become habit forming , my Doc relayed that info to me personally by the way so i know it's solid .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't tell your Doc your going to go postal , you'll likely get locked up lol.

Feeling the urge to kill and bury people where they stand if they happen to say something to you is perfectly normal behavior though , i looked into it , perfectly normal.

Nothing wrong with blowing the brain stem out either , the key is limiting it to a few times a week tops , overdo it and it can become habit forming , my Doc relayed that info to me personally by the way so i know it's solid .
Ohh no man depending on how crazy you feel you gotta tell them I have said much worse than go postal. Usually a comment like that will get the answer " are you going to hurt yourself" and if you say yes they come get you take to to closest local funny farm for 72 hour observation if you say I may lose it and do x deviant act they will say well let's put ya on x y z meds and I want to see you in two weeks. I have said thing that are unspeakable here only if you said a direct quote that you were going to do it they may have you again put under observation no lockup Nahh they really do not care what you do as long as you popped down that money for the visit. In your case "@VH fan the only solution is permanent local looney tunes lockup with a steely dan in the pooper constantly feeding you morphin or better some cocktail that is beyond the scope of my immediate observations

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ohh no man depending on how crazy you feel you gotta tell them I have said much worse than go postal. Usually a comment like that will get the answer " are you going to hurt yourself" and if you say yes they come get you take to to closest local funny farm for 72 hour observation if you say I may lose it and do x deviant act they will say well let's put ya on x y z meds and I want to see you in two weeks. I have said thing that are unspeakable here only if you said a direct quote that you were going to do it they may have you again put under observation no lockup Nahh they really do not care what you do as long as you popped down that money for the visit. In your case "@VH fan the only solution is permanent local looney tunes lockup with a steely dan in the pooper constantly feeding you morphin or better some cocktail that is beyond the scope of my immediate observations

Thats exactly right , Scary you sick twisted bastard lol.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

man I hate 72 hour holds......

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CBD oil might be for you. It is legal.

Thats not a cannabinoid is it , certainly sounds like it . That shit would just get me paranoid as hell , i don't like that feeling these days , when i was younger i'd be all over it like flies on shit but not today .

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a growing body of evidence that ***, or ***, a non ***plant compound, can be ingested, combusted (or possibly vaped!) to successfully decrease anxiety. There is also some evidence that it can be used to treat more severe conditions like schizophrenia.

From Wikipedia:

"Leweke et al. performed a...clinical trial to compare the effects of ... ***and the atypical antipsychotic amisulpride on improving the symptoms of schizophrenia in 42 patients with acute paranoid schizophrenia.

Both treatments were associated with a significant decrease of psychotic symptoms after 2 and 4 weeks as assessed by Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale and Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale. While there was no statistical difference between the two treatment groups, ***induced significantly fewer side effects...when compared to amisulpride.
"

The bit of research that exists with regard to psychotic symptoms is very promising, IMO, as the horrendous side-effects of antipsychotic drugs are unacceptable trade-offs for whatever version of relative "wellness" they give.

People seem to believe psychiatry's line that "we" have newer, more advanced drugs than the old "straightjacket in a pill" antipsychotics, like haldol or thorazine, which can outwardly calm a person and reduce positive/visible symptoms--but leave the person struggling quietly with their delusions, hallucinations, whatever. But I'm not so sure the newer drugs are any better, either in terms of altering the mental disruptions at their source (as opposed to just treating symptoms) OR in terms of side-effects.

So, I'm paying close attention to this ***stuff. It doesn't get you high, although it is obtained from ***. It is legal everywhere, so far as i know. And they make it for vaping. Although personally, if I were serious about getting its benefits for someone I care about or myself, I would ingest it, since there doesn't seem to be any info on the bio-availability of ***via vaping yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a growing body of evidence that ***, or ***, a non ***plant compound, can be ingested, combusted (or possibly vaped!) to successfully decrease anxiety. There is also some evidence that it can be used to treat more severe conditions like schizophrenia.

From Wikipedia:

"Leweke et al. performed a...clinical trial to compare the effects of ... (((and the atypical antipsychotic amisulpride on improving the symptoms of schizophrenia in 42 patients with acute paranoid schizophrenia.

Both treatments were associated with a significant decrease of psychotic symptoms after 2 and 4 weeks as assessed by Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale and Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale. While there was no statistical difference between the two treatment groups, ***induced significantly fewer side effects...when compared to amisulpride.
"

The bit of research that exists with regard to psychotic symptoms is very promising, IMO, as the horrendous side-effects of antipsychotic drugs are unacceptable trade-offs for whatever version of relative "wellness" they give.

People seem to believe psychiatry's line that "we" have newer, more advanced drugs than the old "straightjacket in a pill" antipsychotics, like haldol or thorazine, which can outwardly calm a person and reduce positive/visible symptoms--but leave the person struggling quietly with their delusions, hallucinations, whatever. But I'm not so sure the newer drugs are any better, either in terms of altering the mental disruptions at their source (as opposed to just treating symptoms) OR in terms of side-effects.

So, I'm paying close attention to this ***stuff. It doesn't get you high, although it is obtained from ***. It is legal everywhere, so far as i know. And they make it for vaping. Although personally, if I were serious about getting its benefits for someone I care about or myself, I would ingest it, since there doesn't seem to be any info on the bio-availability of ***via vaping yet.

Good stuff lirruping, what a brain you are , very useful member , you better stick around.

Last edited by a moderator:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, VH! I feel very much at home here.
unzip_brains.png
I'm glowing. I love compliments and am inspired by good company.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, VH! I feel very much at home here.
View attachment 12523
I'm glowing. I love compliments and am inspired by good company.

Hey, who doesn't like compliments right lol, , i got to be honest here , i make disgraceful company , abysmal actually , at least thats what people tell me.

So i'm not your guy if your looking for inspiration but if you ever feel like being really let down i'm your man.

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats not a cannabinoid is it , certainly sounds like it . That shit would just get me paranoid as hell , i don't like that feeling these days , when i was younger i'd be all over it like flies on shit but not today .
It wont have that effect on you, it will slow you down a little bit removing the "fight or flight" feeling. It is very comparable to the effects of antihistamine. I can't speak for any medical effects on it, you have to research it. But for my friend it worked really well. Just thought I'd share. Hope you feel better soon.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It wont have that effect on you, it will slow you down a little bit removing the "fight or flight" feeling. It is very comparable to the effects of antihistamine. I can't speak for any medical effects on it, you have to research it. But for my friend it worked really well. Just thought I'd share. Hope you feel better soon.

@CigetteVapor,
Did your friend vape it or take it some other way? Was it the pre-made CBD vaping liquid you can buy online? I'm very interested in this, but skeptical about its efficacy thru vaping because of stuff I've read here and there about vitamins in e-juice being a load of buncome.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You might have confused me with someone else my friend , i'm relatively normal and feel just fine (relatively is the key word here ) , am i missing a few marbles , does a bear shit in the woods ?

There's no question i'm not working with a full deck but still A OK i think , not positive though, could be in terrible shape and i don't even know it , probably due to marble loss .

Appreciate the well wishes though .

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just read this thread but it got kinda off the rails. I quit smoking 30+ days ago and have been vaping high nic juices. My anxiety increased to the levels of inactivity and missed work.
I see some people vaping low doses or either burning through whole bottles of it.
Not sure if the high doses are causing my anxiety and I should switch to lower doses for a day or what is going on?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just read this thread but it got kinda off the rails. I quit smoking 30+ days ago and have been vaping high nic juices. My anxiety increased to the levels of inactivity and missed work.
I see some people vaping low doses or either burning through whole bottles of it.
Not sure if the high doses are causing my anxiety and I should switch to lower doses for a day or what is going on?

I think everyone has serious anxiety when in the early going , i certainly did , give it time and you will start to feel more comfortable , wishing you the best my friend.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

@BumbaCLot,

It is amazing and so excellent that you quit smoking. Congratulations. It really is big deal and your life is going to be so much better because of it. I felt so beaten down by cigarettes after a certain point in my 30 year career that stopping was just, well..really empowering, frankly.

I'd bet just about everybody experiences increased anxiety on quitting. It has had some soothing/stabilizing role in our lives for so many of us, for so long, right? And there are a lot of chemical unknowns when it comes to cigarettes. We don't have the full ingredient list, but I have the impression we've been addicted to more than just nicotine when we smoke. Isn't it just obvious and predictable that stopping would be nerve-wracking and crazy-making?

So give yourself a break, already. Remind yourself of the relative importance of missing a few days of work or of feeling isolated/depressed or inactive for a bit compared to liberating yourself from the years-long SCOURGE of cigarettes.

Along with thinking about your nic dose, I suggest paying attention to your feelings in general and giving yourself a lot of leeway during your initial transition. Try not to layer crappy upon crappy by getting upset because you're upset. I speak from long experience with this nasty spiral, and for me, the best thing is just to notice it when it starts to pile up. Know what I mean? Then you can take care of yourself however you know is best instead of just reacting.

You'll have to experiment, like you suggest, with your nic dosage, since either too much or too little can result in anxiety. Some of it just has to be ridden out, I suspect, as its roots are in the fundamental anxiety that accompanies major change. But vaping sure does make it a lot easier.

I'm wishing you the best!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah my first kid died at birth in April and I shot up to two packs a day and somehow burnt through 10k on my credit card. I've spent a grand plus on DIY, Juice and hardware. Work sucks too.. Wife is back preg in 1st trimester so its been rough.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@BumbaCLot,

Along with thinking about your nic dose, I suggest paying attention to your feelings in general and giving yourself a lot of leeway during your initial transition. Try not to layer crappy upon crappy by getting upset because you're upset. I speak from long experience with this nasty spiral, and for me, the best thing is just to notice it when it starts to pile up. Know what I mean? Then you can take care of yourself however you know is best instead of just reacting.

Well well , what do we have here , sounds like a medical professional to me , how did you know about the "recognizing the crappy and negative thinking patterns and stopping it before it takes over your thinking " advice ? Well done lirruping , smart girl for sure .

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well well , what do we have here , sounds like a medical professional to me , how did you know about the "recognizing the crappy and negative thinking patterns and stopping it before it takes over your thinking " advice ? Well done lirruping , smart girl for sure .

HA! If only I were a medical professional, I'd be making more money, for sure! I know about that stuff because I'm old, and after a while, I think you you just start catching on.

I admit, tho, I've spent a lot of time talking to people who have given the matter of coping with trauma and anxiety a lot of consideration and have benefited from their knowledge & experience.

Plus, you know, I'm just wicked smaht like that. :)

Bottom line: It's easy to talk the talk--harder to walk the walk.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah my first kid died at birth in April and I shot up to two packs a day and somehow burnt through 10k on my credit card. I've spent a grand plus on DIY, Juice and hardware. Work sucks too.. Wife is back preg in 1st trimester so its been rough.

@BumbaCLot,

This is some hell you have been through, and no doubt. I hope you and your wife are getting the support you need.

Knowing that you quit smoking even in the face of such a tragedy makes it all the more impressive. I was just saying to myself the other day: "I must congratulate myself more often". I'm working on that and I think it generalizes to good advice for most of us.

Here's hoping that you, your love and your new baby keep getting healthier and stronger!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BumbaCLot,

This is some hell you have been through, and no doubt. I hope you and your wife are getting the support you need.

Knowing that you quit smoking even in the face of such a tragedy makes it all the more impressive. I was just saying to myself the other day: "I must congratulate myself more often". I'm working on that and I think it generalizes to good advice for most of us.

Here's hoping that you, your love and your new baby keep getting healthier and stronger!
Thanks for the compliment! My wife liked laying next to me when I had mother's milk on me. Probably beat the pfunk and boroUL100 DUST.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HA! If only I were a medical professional, I'd be making more money, for sure! I know about that stuff because I'm old, and after a while, I think you you just start catching on.

I admit, tho, I've spent a lot of time talking to people who have given the matter of coping with trauma and anxiety a lot of consideration and have benefited from their knowledge & experience.

Plus, you know, I'm just wicked smaht like that. :)

Bottom line: It's easy to talk the talk--harder to walk the walk.

Well , you happened to give the advice of real life , real smart medical professionals in the field so i was curious where you got that info from , if you figured it out yourself that impressive since recognizing it starting to creep in and being able to cut it off are two different things.

You really are wicked smart lol, and i agree completely about if you talk the talk you better be able to back it up , not being able to is so irritating and there is a ton of those out there.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh gawd, you shouldn't encourage me! lol.

"...recognizing it [those layers of crappy on crappy] starting to creep in and being able to cut it off are two different things."

They sure as hell are. I had insights as a child that I still can't reliably put into action--which is to say, I can't make them stick as emotional truth. Like, for a quick instance, I smoked for 30 years, knowing full well it was ravaging my body. I wasn't exactly happy about that. The psychological beat-down we take from ourselves for living in a contradiction like that is f*cking brutal. Most smokers could give a lecture on the dangers entailed with smoking, but letting that "knowledge" penetrate to the point where they simply have to stop is another thing entirely. That's what I meant about walking the walk.
Knowing something is not the same as KNOWING something. There's different kinds of knowing, I guess, and and all the great advice in the world is worthless if you can't fully take it on board.

VU Sponsors