Become a Patron!

Any interest in a step by step guide to OKR/Raptor mods?

If anyone wants the info, let me know and I'll start an imgur album to give you a little help.
IFZNMO4.jpg
1owC5Ab.jpg
QdmWoEE.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, Yes I would love to see it. I am trying to figure out how to build one myself. Need all the help I can get.

BJ Lowry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
EXTREMELY Interested in seeing this. Have my parts list built for a Raptor Box, what i am lacking is GOOD pics and diagrams to work off of!

I'll start working on it tonight and tomorrow. Should be posted up tomorrow night. If you have any questions about the pics, I'll answer them as soon as possible.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank You Brian. Anything computer, or motorcycle mechanic info I can share, I will. This is a Bitchin' Forum. If we all share, we will be better for it.

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm interested as well. I believe I've seen your work on Reddit. Really good looking box mods man.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say it was this morning when you told your good friend, you dropped your newest Mod, causing darkness in your brain. You only had an Ego to vape on till next Monday. So you went to Kmart & stood in line. (to say the least your in a bind) The tears fell down cause the line was way too slow. You say saw someone Vaping, vaping slow. Out the window, Vaping slow. Steppin' Wolf. (blinded by snow) I forgot the album. Parody. Fuck the FDA, Vape on People!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have helped so many people learn computer skills. I need some help with this. I know their are good people in Our Forum. We will make it happen together. A circuit is not simple when you don't know what to do.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrapped slot car armatures. Coils take skill, but are easy. Making them run properly takes time. When you have it, the skills is awesome. Did it for a lot of people. Please share with me.

Last edited:
Here is the parts list that I am using for my build. The battery holders and raptor chips are backordered.
Does not include -
LED and resistor for rev batt prot
510 connection (http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/)
voltmeter circuit

Mouser Part list - using part list importer.
531-PT10MV-200|1
531-XEJPL5012-NE|1
271-220-RC|1
271-47K-RC|1
271-4.7K-RC|1
581-TAP226K016CRW|2
781-SUP85N03-04P-E3|1
650-RGEF900|2
512-1N5234C|1
706-30-200|1
546-1590B|1
534-1048|1
781-SUP75P03-07-E3|1
894-NSR020A0X43Z|1

I think you can fit it in a 1590g box but I'm not sure. I'm trying to build a 26650 battery holder. With 2 MNKEs in there I'll have a 7000mAh regulated mod.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you can fit it in a 1590g box but I'm not sure. I'm trying to build a 26650 battery holder. With 2 MNKEs in there I'll have a 7000mAh regulated mod.
My Batteries 26650 are 26.50mm 25.40 is the case thickness. Outside Dia.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I built the G box. I have 2 - 18650 VT5 in mine. with the battery holder the lid barely fits. It's a Fast Tech holder so it's anyone's guess who made it. My box has Hammond stamped inside it.

So I just got everything to build a OKR box and everything except the raptors and battery holders to build my raptor boxes. I have 1 G and 2 B boxes. Ya, there's no way I'm fitting the ohmmeter circuit in a G box with the reverse polarity protection and no idle drain circuits. Some people may be able to but I'm not very good at trying to fit a bunch of little stuff into a little box. My DNA 30 box looks ugly as hell inside. lol. I think I will be able to get the OKR to fit into it as I don't have a no idle drain circuit for it and it's a simpler circuit but will probably not do a voltmeter, or just for output with no switch, not sure yet.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in a quandary. I have an OKR T/20 (no Pins) & I can't find anything on it. I am laughing at some of the folks on EBay, buying Evolv 30w Boards sometimes as high as 150.00, :eek: when Fast Tech has the same thing for 24.00. A complete clone is 56.00 and they built it for me. I like the naked box for 20.00. Switches, wires, good price I think.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe you have an OKL as the R in OKR means sip mount or pins. I'm guessing it's this.
http://www.murata-ps.com/datasheet?http://www.murata-ps.com/data/power/okl2-t20-w12.pdf
Yea that's it. I have no idea how to hook it up. If I knew what the pin assignment was, It would be a breeze. I can't find anything on it but the data sheet murata provides. I'm guessing 200ohm resistors, 200ohm pot,22uF 16v cap. IDK it's part of the hobby I guess. It works on the T-10.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my box drilled for 510, pot and switch. To save space I'm using a tactile switch (611-KSJ0M431LFT) like the Hana boxes. Now for some finishing, Think I'm going to go for the brushed natural look. Some 400 grit and scotch brite then see how I like it.
Same box as I have. I went the other way, I made it look like a mirror. Finger print express, but it's mine so I don't care. Their My finger prints. ;)

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got some diffrents diagrams for the OKR chip if any one is intra i them, i use them to made some whit the TI PTR08100 chip an that chip is freaking awesome. Same chip as the OKR..
Im about to make one more but waiting for a couple of boxes, i only have done the soldering for now..
The first one i ever made is still my daily vape mod when i home..

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pin assignment is on page 12 of the data sheet. I'd try hooking it up just like the raptor chip.
There is a page 12? Damn, I didn't know that. I can stare at something so long I can't see anything. I have always been told that I try too hard. I only have one speed, all the way!
I have been beating my head on the floor for two weeks trying to find the pin assignment and I had it all along. There is none so blind as those who don't pay attention. Sometimes I look so hard I miss it!

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some diffrents diagrams for the OKR chip if any one is intra i them, i use them to made some whit the TI PTR08100 chip an that chip is freaking awesome. Same chip as the OKR..
Im about to make one more but waiting for a couple of boxes, i only have done the soldering for now..
The first one i ever made is still my daily vape mod when i home..
If I don't cool it, I'm going to be munchin' on Ramin Noodles the rest of the month. For ME, this costs way more $ than smoking. But it's so damn much fun, I can't stop. :rolleyes: Thank God, I have all the stuff I want. I tell myself I am going to build these Boxes & sell them on EBay. But I know I won't. Too much still ain't enough. I can breathe, taste, smell. Sometimes money don't mean shit!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my box drilled for 510, pot and switch. To save space I'm using a tactile switch (611-KSJ0M431LFT) like the Hana boxes. Now for some finishing, Think I'm going to go for the brushed natural look. Some 400 grit and scotch brite then see how I like it.
Mine turned out like this. 0720141626.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks very nice. A bit too shiny for me though lol, I'd have to constantly be polishing it. Can you post a pic of the inside? How did you get your switch so low? mine are all to long and hit the battery holder.
Thanks. We own a machine shop. I can drill about anything. My girlfriend has the Mod right now. If she brings it back I will show the inside. Not much to see. Just a chip board with a battery pack. Don't have a screen. I set it to what I like with a screw driver, & close it up. The charging port is on the other side. Got it set to about 15w.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My POS Internet is down again. Clear is almost as bad as Huge Net. Anyway, these are micro switches. Got them @ Mouser I think. My Briefcase is in my Girlfriends car. It's been a glorious day so far. Today just ain't my day. If I knew how today would turn out I could have put some Vasoline on my ass before I got dressed. Hind sight don't always work.

Last edited:

olivier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is the parts list that I am using for my build. The battery holders and raptor chips are backordered.
Does not include -
LED and resistor for rev batt prot
510 connection (http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/)
voltmeter circuit

Mouser Part list - using part list importer.
531-PT10MV-200|1
531-XEJPL5012-NE|1
271-220-RC|1
271-47K-RC|1
271-4.7K-RC|1
581-TAP226K016CRW|2
781-SUP85N03-04P-E3|1
650-RGEF900|2
512-1N5234C|1
706-30-200|1
546-1590B|1
534-1048|1
781-SUP75P03-07-E3|1
894-NSR020A0X43Z|1

This build seems like its for an 18650.

will 2 26650 fit on the battery holder?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1048virtualkey53400000virtualkey534-1048

Nope, you have to build a battery holder if you want to use 26650s. They should fit in the 1590B box. I just finished building the holder on mine.

olivier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The battery holder is the only thing specific to the batteries. Also this list is for a fairly complex circuit including reverse polarity protection and a "no idle drain" circuit. Not all parts are necessary to function. I have not finished building mine to fully test it. So purchase at your own risk lol.

BTW this is in no way my design. I have been following along a thread on ECF started by Mamu and all credit for this evolution of the diagram goes to them.

So I finished my OKR box the other day. The box I used for it was a 1590G and I went with 18650s it it. These boxes have a bit of a tilt to them so the atty sits crooked. I put my DNA30 chip in one of these boxes and it bugs the hell out of me. So I decided to try and straighten it and took it to my belt sander and shaved it.
Here it is next to my DNA box.

Finish is a bit rough but I always get ahead of myself and skip the details.

olivier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ya i saw mamu post the other day. it was a bit hard to follow. but i think i figured it out.

olivier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also. I noticed there is only 1 button?
Do I not need 2 buttons for vup vdown like the dna 20 and 30

VU Sponsors