Become a Patron!

Any new genesis atomizers?

After a 2 year hiatus from vaping, im back at it again. I have always preferred Genesis style atomizers with SS mesh wicks due to superior flavor IMO. I see that they aren't the most popular thing anymore, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend any rta's that can be built using SS mesh wicks.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The NextEra by Vapeware mods, is fantastic...Le Zephyr by Vapournaut...almost nobody uses mesh anymore...it's all about clouds nowdays.

xtommytx123

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey you can always go old school and get something you used back in the day.
My all time favorite atty is the Tobh 2.5. It's a clone, but every time someone sees me using it in a shop or something they are always like oh wow I haven't seen a Tobh in years lol.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey you can always go old school and get something you used back in the day.
My all time favorite atty is the Tobh 2.5. It's a clone, but every time someone sees me using it in a shop or something they are always like oh wow I haven't seen a Tobh in years lol.
the Tobh is a dripper..it is not a genisis atomizer.

Yea kicking myself in the ass for selling all my old stuff because it's was mostly high end stuff thats hard to come by now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea kicking myself in the ass for selling all my old stuff because it's was mostly high end stuff thats hard to come by now.

yeah, even getting parts for those gennys are impossible.and there just aren't many new gennys being made.....the upside is you can buy used high end gennys cheap. what did you have that you got rid of.

I had the fogatti, Orion hybrid, a few ihybrids, the Juggernaut, and a few Zen devices. The Orion v2.1 was probably my favorite hybrid because it had awesome flavor and a small form factor.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the fogatti, Orion hybrid, a few ihybrids, the Juggernaut, and a few Zen devices. The Orion v2.1 was probably my favorite hybrid because it had awesome flavor and a small form factor.

yeah those are real old school the first generation of high end gennys... the Fogatti was one I always wanted to try, but honestly I think genny design really improved after those attys..the trend toward reduced chamber gennys really kicked up the quality of the flavor...even today when people ask me to recommend a genny I always tell them not to bother with any genny that doesn't have a reduced chamber...A friend offered to sell me his old DID but other than just for sentimental value I turned him down because I knew there were just better gennys around.
One of the things to consider is there are still alot of some of the best gennys being cloned..if you can't get an authentic used there are alot of clones around.. after that generation of atys you named there are like a couple of dozen gennys that would have been a big improvemnet.

Last edited:

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just picked up an Origen v2 and was wondering where you can still get good quality mesh from? I saw that kindney puncher has some. New to this and unlike the masses looking for flavor over huge clouds.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up an Origen v2 and was wondering where you can still get good quality mesh from? I saw that kindney puncher has some. New to this and unlike the masses looking for flavor over huge clouds.
yeah there's plenty of mesh around ..there's lightening vapes...and Atomizerwick...and I've been getting 316L ss mesh from a place in england..Rebuildable Supplies.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah there's plenty of mesh around ..there's lightening vapes...and Atomizerwick...and I've been getting 316L ss mesh from a place in england..Rebuildable Supplies.
Thanks pulsevape glad there are some options. Very hard to find current info on mesh.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks pulsevape glad there are some options. Very hard to find current info on mesh.
yeah, you have to go hunt for it,you're not going to find it in 95% of the vaping sites or any of the vaping shops....It's too old school....

Last edited:

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah, you have to go hunt for it,you're not going to find it in 95% of the vaping sites or any of the vaping shops....It's too old school....

I do not mind the hunting I just want a good site with quality mesh. I am after flavor and it would do me no good if the mesh is not high quality. I have read not to buy off ebay or amazon so I was looking for a place that I can trust. Just picked me up some off from Rebuildable Supplies. I am luckly that the local shop is going to help me with coil building so I will have some idea on setup. They are also interested in mesh because they never used it. I have a Pico v2 clone and a genuine Origin Genesis v2 coming in the mail. I can set both of them up with cotton and after I am confident with my builds move over to mesh. Thanks for the sites and glad there is a nice community that are able to help.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not mind the hunting I just want a good site with quality mesh. I am after flavor and it would do me no good if the mesh is not high quality. I have read not to buy off ebay or amazon so I was looking for a place that I can trust. Just picked me up some off from Rebuildable Supplies. I am luckly that the local shop is going to help me with coil building so I will have some idea on setup. They are also interested in mesh because they never used it. I have a Pico v2 clone and a genuine Origin Genesis v2 coming in the mail. I can set both of them up with cotton and after I am confident with my builds move over to mesh. Thanks for the sites and glad there is a nice community that are able to help.
hit youtube..if your local vape shop has never used mesh and almost no vape shop dudes have ever used mesh.then they are worthless. you'll get more help off youtube, I was recently in a vape shop and the owner had never even heard of using ss mesh to vape with...unfortunately most of the better mesh builders have had their videos pulled down because nobody uses gennys anymore and haven't for a couple of years, so it's harder to find good videos about building with mesh,,,,just as a heads up..the reason mesh is not used is because most people don't have the patience to master the learning curve, and so they just go back to cotton..there is a significant learning curve to using mesh as opposed to cotton..it is the price that must be paid. When you say you have an Origen v2 do you mean and Origen V2 MKII...

Last edited:

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hit youtube..if your local vape shop has never used mesh and almost no vape shop dudes have ever used mesh.then they are worthless. you'll get more help off youtube, I was recently in a vape shop and the owner had never even heard of using ss mesh to vape with...unfortunately most of the better mesh builders have had their videos pulled down because nobody uses gennys anymore and haven't for a couple of years, so it's harder to find good videos about building with mesh,,,,just as a heads up..the reason mesh is not used is because most people don't have the patience to master the learning curve, and so they just go back to cotton..there is a significant learning curve to using mesh as opposed to cotton..it is the price that must be paid. When you say you have an Origen v2 do you mean and Origen V2 MKII...

Yes the origen v2 mkii 6 ml tank. I saw it on review and the look of it got me interested in it. Later found out what gennys and mesh building are and how much longer and better flavor you can get with one. The local shop just missed out with mesh building and I do think he tried it but never learned how to do it so he gave up. I have been looking at youtube and understand that it will take time to master. I am very stubborn when it comes to things and when I set my mind to something I will normally finish it no matter how long it takes. I already have most of the tools needed and with a coil master mini kit will have them all.

Have you used either tank? I have an alien with tfv8 baby. Running a Q2 core with duel .4 coils. I set it at 30 watts and besides getting hot some times it is ok. Do you have any suggestion of coil wire size and type? I plan on running a single coil around 1 ohm. Also do you build a coil for a mesh wick and then put the wick in or do you wrap the coil around the wick? Thanks for all the help and if you want we can talk though PM if that is better and we dont get off topic.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I had the V2 MKII..I didn't much care for it..I sold it off....I'd say a good gauge of wire to start with is 28 or 29.30, gauge...you can build a genny either way. by building a coil first and then inserting the wick,,,it is called the Petar K method after a genny modder who used it, or the more commonly used method of building your wick first and then wrapping the coil around the wick.By far most genny users build their wick first and wrap their coil around the wick.

Last edited:

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Here you go, if you're in the states and want it quick. And this shop knows how to build with mesh. How about an Athea Inax MkIII, my vape today.

Athea Inax.jpg

http://bit.ly/CVSSmesh

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the world of vaping where attys and mods go in and out of fashion like shooting stars, and the best atty ever built is forgotten about within a year eclipsed by the atty du jour......the IN'AX has been able to retain a very large body of devoted fans over the years It also has the advantage of having a design that is easier to build than a conventional genny, and many people who have not been very succsesful building a genny, have been able to build things like the in'ax, and the nextgen.....I have to say the only thing that puts me off of the in'ax is that I like glass tanks.

Last edited:

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm glad I met you Pulsevape. Nice to see some gennie people still around. I've got an RSM Rocket R also that is another favorite of mine.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I met you Pulsevape. Nice to see some gennie people still around. I've got an RSM Rocket R also that is another favorite of mine.
ditto..they aren't many genheads left anymore....I was sorry to see RSM close it's bussiness down....

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Me too, I loved their warranty, never needed it, but from what I understand, they were really easy to work with. It's a great old school genny.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to pick up 400 mesh at Kindey Puncher, good quality 316 grade but noticed that they are not re-stocking anymore. Never tried Coval's mesh yet, didn't know they stocked it, does anyone know what grade SS mesh is it?

Speaking of coval vapes, they stock some really nice gear, like the Snapdragon, Inax and I noticed they even have the GOTA dripper, great RDA to use if you like using mesh slugs ;)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I used to pick up 400 mesh at Kindey Puncher, good quality 316 grade but noticed that they are not re-stocking anymore. Never tried Coval's mesh yet, didn't know they stocked it, does anyone know what grade SS mesh is it?

Speaking of coval vapes, they stock some really nice gear, like the Snapdragon, Inax and I noticed they even have the GOTA dripper, great RDA to use if you like using mesh slugs ;)

That GOTA is in the clearance section of our website too. I will own one this weekend! As for the mesh, it's all 316. Clean stuff, using in the Inax right now.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

That is the main reason I asked what other companies stock mesh. I figured they were done stocking it. Rebuildable supplies offered free mesh and free coil wire so I ordered from them. Can't go wrong when I first start out with free things I can mess up on. I will have to try coval next time I order mesh. I hope it doesn't take me 2 sheets to learn on

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

hey Ken, how are you doing...did you see the mesh build I did for the mulciber squonker.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I bought one sheet 4 years ago, learned how to make and use mesh wick, and have been using it ever since. Still have over 3/4 of the sheet left. The cool thing about mesh wick is, they don't wear out. I've had the same wick in my Inax now for well over a year and it's still in perfect condition. Yeah, it gets gunky, so I run it under hot water and scrub it clean with an old toothbrush, dry it off, roll it back into shape and use it again.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not sure, he's been staying rather private lately. Sure would like to see more from him though.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one sheet 4 years ago, learned how to make and use mesh wick, and have been using it ever since. Still have over 3/4 of the sheet left. The cool thing about mesh wick is, they don't wear out. I've had the same wick in my Inax now for well over a year and it's still in perfect condition. Yeah, it gets gunky, so I run it under hot water and scrub it clean with an old toothbrush, dry it off, roll it back into shape and use it again.
I use my wick maybe for 3 or 4 builds then just toss it and build new one.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I use my wick maybe for 3 or 4 builds then just toss it and build new one.

Either way, but anyway, mesh is still available and there's very few vapors left that will mess with it. But if you ever wanted to experience the true flavor of your juice, mesh wick in a well designed genesis atomizer is the way to go.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either way, but anyway, mesh is still available and there's very few vapors left that will mess with it. But if you ever wanted to experience the true flavor of your juice, mesh wick in a well designed genesis atomizer is the way to go.
ah man for real flavor a porous ceramic wick like the fc-2000 in a genny takes it up another notch from mesh.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Never have tried ceramic wick. Hmmm, might have to look into that. Fill me in with the details if you could please. You have my undivided attention now. I'm always on the road to achieving the ultimate vape.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never have tried ceramic wick. Hmmm, might have to look into that. Fill me in with the details if you could please. You have my undivided attention now. I'm always on the road to achieving the ultimate vape.
They are extemly fragile they won't tolerate ANY lateral stress so you can snap them in half when installing them in your atty, for that reason you do not want a snug fit in the wickhole....for the best flavor the coil needs to hug the wick and so they are usually hot wrappped or the coil is wrapped around the wick under a torch flame and then installed into the atty..after the wick is insatlled I usually let it sit with a full tank of juice overnight the wick needs to really saturate before you start vaping it...the flavor and performance improves over the next couple of days. they are pricey, fragile, don't last that long, don't work well with high VG juices,tricky to work with makes building a mesh set up in a genny look like like hamfisted shlock ... and give far and away the best flavor of any build I know of.I vaped cermaic wicks in gennys for about a year, then went back to mesh.

Last edited:

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They are extemly fragile they won't tolerate ANY lateral stress so you can snap them in half when installing them in your atty, for that reason you do not want a snug fit in the wickhole....for the best flavor the coil needs to hug the wick and so they are usually hot wrappped or the coil is wrapped around the wick under a torch flame and then installed into the atty..after the wick is insatlled I usually let it sit with a full tank of juice overnight the wick needs to really saturate before you start vaping it...the flavor and performance improves over the next couple of days. they are pricey, fragile, don't last that long, don't work well with high VG juices,tricky to work with makes building a mesh set up in a genny look like like hamfisted shlock ... and give far and away the best flavor of any build I know of.I vaped cermaic wicks in gennys for about a year, then went back to mesh.

Ok, now you've got my interest. I LOVE a challenge. Sounds like they're not easy to live with but that's o.k. by me, as long as the end result is a good one. Thank you for the insight, now the search for ceramic begins.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, now you've got my interest. I LOVE a challenge. Sounds like they're not easy to live with but that's o.k. by me, as long as the end result is a good one. Thank you for the insight, now the search for ceramic begins.
fc-2000 I think kidney puncher still sells them.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Also interested in the ceramic wicks so if anyone in the U.K. Finds a link bang it on here for us, ta very much.

I like and build a SS 325 mesh on a Le Zephyir by Vaponaute, 47*19 mm. Four wrap, kanthal 0,32, on thread default bar, very satisfing vape
Also, I like the Joker, high end classic style Genny, much like the Rocket R.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks good, never thought to try it that way when I had my squonker; I just bent a slug horizontally over the squonk hole which worked pretty well, but ended up always going back to my classic genny tank ;) If I still had my squonk setup though, I would definitely have tried it your way. How many pulls do you get before you have to resquonk?
Well with a new build maybe 3 after the wick breaks in maybe 3-4 -5 pulls depednding on if I over squonked or not...the wick really works better after the bedding down period. but like I said I'm vaping a .67 coil at like 28 watts. higher coils and lower watts I'd probablly get more pulls...I mean I'm using like twice the amount of airflow than I do with a genny if not more....yeah I'm gonna get a couple of more mulcibers I really like this build it is great for vaping NET juices I use the Petar K method here..I wrap the coil around a drill bit install it in the atty then roll my wick to fit snug in the coil. it is real easy to pop out the wick dry burn the coil torch the wick and pop it back in... even easier than using cotton.and it performs really well for my standards . the juice going up the wick wets the wick and as it spills over the top off the wick it wets the wick then pools at the bottom of the wick where the wick can wick it up...you just got to bend the legs of the coil in the right way so they hug the wick when you install it rather than wanting to fall away from the wick when it's installed...what gave me the idea was looking at a video of the no tank by noname mods...it has a center post like a genny and you wrap your wick around the center post like an IN'AX or a nextgen....the squonk hole is at the top of the center post and when you squonk it the juice flows down the length of the wick and pools....using this tubed wick you get even more juice traveling through and around the wick.....and the mulciber has put their posts in just the right place in relation to the squonk hole for this to work,but I think you could do it with alot of squonking attys with velocity decks. You aren't gonna be cloud chasing but you can definetly vape higher watts and with more airflow than a genny...although the Le zephyr with the 4mm wickhole and it's airflows could rival it...or alot of two wicked gennys....but then the other advantage of this is fresh squeezed juice.and ease of dry burning and changing coils and wicks.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, do you still have the MCR303? Just heard MCR is closing up shop, another great is now part of vape history :(

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, do you still have the MCR303? Just heard MCR is closing up shop, another great is now part of vape history :(
I think I may..yeah I was sad to see RSM close. that sucks MCR made some pretty tubes.Pretty soon to use mechs we are going to be stuck with the crap china puts out.or competiton mods..the elegant tube mods are a thing of the past...elegant simplicity is being replaced with ugly battery packs unless you wanna drop 500.00...and it seems only vapeware and in'ax are still building gennys. My Pulse G I've had for about 4 years, it;s always been in my daily rotation and it is starting to go hinky on me,I have another one, but I should probablly try and buy a couple of used ones..

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have mine, great little 20mm atty that I think was built better than most of the comparable hellfire gennies. Ridiculously small chamber really helped the flavor pop.

some older pics:

adfc5u.jpg

68g02u.jpg

2dul6kp.jpg

bg7eh3.jpg

And here is an interesting one, MCR303 on a RSM Hybrid ;)

33ekisl.jpg

VU Sponsors