Become a Patron!

Any opinions on MoneyShot RDA?

Komrade

Member For 1 Year
Hello all,
I have been thinking about getting the moneyshot rda to match up with my b2b v4 but I can't seem to find any reviews online and no one I know owns one,considering the price I don't want to blindly get it and find out it doesn't hold its own when compared to the other drippers in my rotation ( kennedy,csmnt,petri v2)
I'd really appreciate if anyone who has experience with this rda could give me their opinion on whether it is worth it or not
Thanks a lot in advance!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I own 2 of them, but the outer diameter is 30mm whereas the B2B V4 is tapered to 28.5mm on top. What you are looking for is called the Skull RDA. (Either that or the Carnage build deck used in cohort with the separately sold Skull Cap, as that would be the exact same thing.)

IMO it is worth it, but please remember that fixed airflow is not for everyone. Seeing as you also like the Kennedy (I own 9 of them myself actually) you probably already know this anyway, though... a useful tip with the Money Shot or Skull or Viper or Head Shot is to line everything up in such a way that a (very) small portion of the air holes will be covered by the wicks (i.e., a lot also depends on how you position the coils, how you wick them up, and how you orient the cap). The reason why this works is because the air hole is round so you get the best results by letting airflow collide with the coil from a laterally angled direction, and IMO you need to position the coil at the same height as the air hole to get the full benefit from this.

Komrade

Member For 1 Year
I own 2 of them, but the outer diameter is 30mm whereas the B2B V4 is tapered to 28.5mm on top. What you are looking for is called the Skull RDA. (Either that or the Carnage build deck used in cohort with the separately sold Skull Cap, as that would be the exact same thing.)

IMO it is worth it, but please remember that fixed airflow is not for everyone. Seeing as you also like the Kennedy (I own 9 of them myself actually) you probably already know this anyway, though... a useful tip with the Money Shot or Skull or Viper or Head Shot is to line everything up in such a way that a (very) small portion of the air holes will be covered by the wicks (i.e., a lot also depends on how you position the coils, how you wick them up, and how you orient the cap). The reason why this works is because the air hole is round so you get the best results by letting airflow collide with the coil from a laterally angled direction, and IMO you need to position the coil at the same height as the air hole to get the full benefit from this.
Hadn't heard of the skull RDA before and I can't seem to find any info on it online,I actually tried the carnage but hated it :( tried some of my favourite builds but couldn't get a decent vape out of it.
I think I'm gonna go for the $shot ,don't really mind the 1.5mm overhand and the ultem version looks quite nice on my black b2b.What are your thoughts on build ? Was thinking something like framed alien

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hadn't heard of the skull RDA before and I can't seem to find any info on it online,I actually tried the carnage but hated it :( tried some of my favourite builds but couldn't get a decent vape out of it.
I think I'm gonna go for the $shot ,don't really mind the 1.5mm overhand and the ultem version looks quite nice on my black b2b.What are your thoughts on build ? Was thinking something like framed alien
IMO the only way to get a really excellent vape out of the Carnage is to use the exact same approach as you would any other high end RDA, which is to figure out what works for you and what doesn't, in terms of coil positioning versus airflow adjustment and draw strength, and also in terms of what coils you put inside, what type, and how big they are. Small-ish, slow vapor producing coil builds typically don't work very well on a big build deck with a tall cap slammed on top of it. Similarly, if you are overzealous with the size of your build, you might be equally disappointed. I find that if the cap is too tall for what build you have in there, then, no matter what RDA you are talking about, the flavor will suffer... it immediately helps to explain why, for example, Kennedy Vapor has newly released, for the Kennedy RDA, an ultem cap that is shorter than the stock cap that comes with this RDA. It also is why I prefer to put a Shawty cap on the CSMNT, and why I have amassed quite a bunch of high quality low profile drip tips such as, for example, the Half Moon Mods 'Stubby' and the Kennedy Vapor 'Stub Dogg' drip tips in multiple versions and quantities.

That said, my go to coil build on a single battery mech is always a .11 ohms dual coil aliens build that's Ni80 27/36, 4.5 wraps at 2.5mm ID. I generally like to position my coils at the same height as the air holes and at a fairly short distance from the air holes, for a well focused, "direct" type of airflow with the kind of restrictiveness that either is medium or is moderate, yet can still clearly be felt, and that I think feels nicely in balance with the speed of vapor production when I adjust the strength of my draw also to it. Framed aliens (fraliens) also are nice, but I need to build to much lower ohms to be able to get a really excellent vape out of them that certainly is different, but not actually better, than the aliens build that I've just described. It is one of those reasons why I like to switch between single battery mechs and various other types of mechs... I like to run anywhere from having 2 batteries in series, to 4 batteries in series (going "all Gandalf and shit", but I mean actually doing it), to paraseries (Hammer Of God), to the 3-parallel Stormbreaker mod (by Vaperz Cloud also). So fraliens need more watts. At least it's what I think. But I don't want to build to .07 ohms because there's the added safety risk, there's the shitty battery life, there's the extra wear and tear on the battery causing the need to buy new batteries 4 times a year because I like to chain vape, and, well... if I want a warmer vape, then there's other, better, ways to get there than to build to .07 ohms. IMO anyway.

VU Sponsors