Become a Patron!

Anyone get the VCMT yet?

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're better off getting an authentic Crius (authentic) for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8a11deb5e5e011677e353d0f1de164df.jpg
eb037a0e37153dfa873a26484de9ee30.jpg

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude this tank looks ridiculous. Bunch of shops in my area got it in a sold out in hours. Several tank guys in the local FB vape club say its a game changer. 4mm plus ID coils are no problem. 150 watts, no dry hits. Want.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude this tank looks ridiculous. Bunch of shops in my area got it in a sold out in hours. Several tank guys in the local FB vape club say its a game changer. 4mm plus ID coils are no problem. 150 watts, no dry hits. Want.

Yep, looks pretty badass.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I grabbed a 25mm one at the local shop yesterday. Haven't had a chance to build it yet, but I vaped the shop owners tank and she was chucking with a 0.11ohm alien wire build at 100 watts. Will report back with my findings.

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just talked to my preferred local shop. They have the 30mm and will get the 25mm soon. Normally I just mail order my gear, but at $65, I want to see it first. So, I'll probably pick one up within a few weeks.

I grabbed a 25mm one at the local shop yesterday. Haven't had a chance to build it yet, but I vaped the shop owners tank and she was chucking with a 0.11ohm alien wire build at 100 watts. Will report back with my findings.

very nice..Interested in what you think about currently on a Crown

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Started win Clapton coils. 24/28 3mm 5 wrap. Dialing in wattage, working through wick in issues. Trying to nail down a leak through the airhole. So far the vapor is rediculous!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I"m also watching this thread, but if there are any leak issues I'm out!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a drawer full of game changers if yer' interested. :)
You mean like the Pro-Tank?
Which was such a piece of crap I wouldn't pif the 1 I still have in a drawer somewhere.Yep it was craptastic,game changing not so much.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just clownin' ya' mang. I've been pokin' fun at Huck for continuing to use a ProTank.
Thus far, she has resisted most all of my attempts to tempt her to the (sub-ohm) dark side. :)
If it is working for her I'm happy.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't look so game changing imo... I think a 25mm bellus, to upgrade deck size, probably larger airflow and velocity style posts would be the "game changer" for me... Even the Crius hasn't been tempting enough because of bottom airflow.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My game changer was going to sub-ohm tanks.
T3's were good iSmoka Mega were slightly better Aspire Nautilus slightly better than the iSmoka clearos.The Kanger Sub-Tank Plus for me was and still is impressive.
Easy to fill great flavor good clouds.
It's still the tank I use the most.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I'm interested in the 25mm. Looks nice

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was checking this out, between this and a griffin.
Saw it on vapordna website and curious on performance.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watching this thread also. I want to see some people's first impressions before I have to tell the boss I'm buying a $70 tank lolol.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the Griffins juice control might be the deciding factor. I love being able to cut the juice flow when I pocket my gear.

Ya, I don't care about juice control, but I do care about juice cut off. And you can't do that on this tank. I like my Crius, I just want a bigger deck. And not for monster coils. Dual 24g 8/9 wrap coils are plenty. But spacing and 3mm would be nice. That's too big for the crius. I was looking at the Griffin too... Just don't know about deck size and it has a smaller capacity.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks really cool and I can envision one on my new Reuleax DNA 200 that I am getting for Christmas but I am tapped out so for now, will have to wait. I am very interested in hearing about though.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody buy one and test it out. Don't make me be the first.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ya, I don't care about juice control, but I do care about juice cut off. And you can't do that on this tank. I like my Crius, I just want a bigger deck. And not for monster coils. Dual 24g 8/9 wrap coils are plenty. But spacing and 3mm would be nice. That's too big for the crius. I was looking at the Griffin too... Just don't know about deck size and it has a smaller capacity.
The capacity has me a bit concerned also, probably the only reason I haven't ordered one....yet.
Looks like its gonna be easy to fill and the larger chamber would.make it easier to build in, but at the same time im concerned that it'll also make it lose flavor.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After carefully checking this thing out I decided to pass on it.
#1 - It's a RBA I can't see myself wrapping coils for much longer my hands just hurt way too much anymore.
#2 - The price is a bit too steep for me at $65 the max I'm willing to payout is $30 and the tank better come with an extra tube and at least 1 extra coil and some extra o-rings too.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
#1 - It's a RBA I can't see myself wrapping coils for much longer my hands just hurt way too much anymore.
#2 - The price is a bit too steep for me at $65 the max I'm willing to payout is $30 and the tank better come with an extra tube and at least 1 extra coil and some extra o-rings too.
I've been enjoying mine very much. Neither of the "careful" observations you've listed should keep most interested folks away. It's certainly the next level past a well claptoned aromamizer rdta. I'll post more in depth thoughts when time permits.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The capacity has me a bit concerned also, probably the only reason I haven't ordered one....yet.
Looks like its gonna be easy to fill and the larger chamber would.make it easier to build in, but at the same time im concerned that it'll also make it lose flavor.
Well I let you know how it is whenever it shows up. Had to pull the trigger. Seems like a nicer Crius with bigger deck at the expense of capacity. I'm game.

I'm still considering the VCMT. It's kinda hard to swallow at $65. Not with how cheap stuff is with good quality. If it's actually worth the $65 I'm down. Waiting to hear all the gushing over crazy good build quality. It would look nice on my Evo with it being wider. Thinking...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I let you know how it is whenever it shows up. Had to pull the trigger. Seems like a nicer Crius with bigger deck at the expense of capacity. I'm game.

I'm still considering the VCMT. It's kinda hard to swallow at $65. Not with how cheap stuff is with good quality. If it's actually worth the $65 I'm down. Waiting to hear all the gushing over crazy good build quality. It would look nice on my Evo with it being wider. Thinking...
Right? Im with you there. I don't.lond spending the money if I know it'll be worth it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
How are you wrapping your coils? Maybe we're talking about different things, but wrapping 26 ga. Kanthal on my Coil Master is certainly one of the easier things I do with my hands. (I really need to get back into the habit of regularly using my grip strength thingamabobbers.)

I've got a drawer full of game changers if yer' interested. :)
I'd really like to avoid ending-up in the same position, really I would. *sigh*

I haven't even received the vape gear I know I'll be receiving for Christmas, and I'm already thinking about the next mod, the next tank, the next this, the next that, the next the other thing... This is Not Good.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It happens dude. Im vaping either 1.5 mg or 0 Nic; and, I just bought 4 new toppers and have a new mod coming.
Still can't figure out why, its obviously not the Nic addiction.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cause you are a gear whore. :)

It must be the nic for me. I'm still at 6 mg on Crowns and looking for bigger coil builds. I don't ever Jones, and I don't get head aches (but I did). But if I tried to quit right now, it probably would not be pretty.

Oh... And I have always been a gear whore.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, yes I am a hua! Bahahah
Seriously that's gonna by new years resolution- buy less copies of the same shit. Hahaha

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are you wrapping your coils? Maybe we're talking about different things, but wrapping 26 ga. Kanthal on my Coil Master is certainly one of the easier things I do with my hands. (I really need to get back into the habit of regularly using my grip strength thingamabobbers.)
I have severe nerve damage and arthritis in both hands.So working with small things like wire hurts like the dickens.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have severe nerve damage and arthritis in both hands.So working with small things like wire hurts like the dickens.
Have you tried a Kuro or Coil Master kit yet? This may alleviate your issues with coil building...
coil-master-red-13-600x600.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks really cool and I can envision one on my new Reuleax DNA 200 that I am getting for Christmas but I am tapped out so for now, will have to wait. I am very interested in hearing about though.
+1
I spent so much money on new vape gear with all the sales going on. In addition, bought a Reuleaux DNA, and a Whitecloud DNA. I even bought a Temple :). I'll have to wait until next year for additional purchases. :)

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I nearly pulled the trigger. No interest in the 30mm. From what I've seen it might cause a hernia. I saw a video on the 25mm. It looks so much smaller, but it is still huge. Which is the point... A bigger tank. But it just looks way to big for what I want.

I ordered a Griffin RTA. It probably has a big enough deck to do what I want. The 3.5 ml capacity is as small as I want to go. But with bigger coils, the juice will go faster. I'll see how it does when I get it. I'll either get another one, or maybe look at the VCMT again if capacity is a problem.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So my 25mm came in today. Yes I ordered one. Had to find out for myself. Got it built.... So some things I like, some I'm not so sure of. The juice control ring is just silly. Like it's an afterthought. I'm not sure yet I like how the tank comes apart. Seems easy for it to come apart unintentionally. I need more time with it.

It is nice. I'm liking the top cap with no 510. Just a cap. I'm good with that. The deck is huge. I built 10 wraps of 24g on 3mm. I could easily do 3.5mm. You can definitely put big Clapton in although I have no plans to. 10 wraps of 20g on 3.5? Probably. Lots of room. And a crap ton of air. Finally have to use a AFC. Half way open is still a lot of air. Overall, if I keep using it, I'm definitely going to have to drop down to 3mg. My usual 6 is too much. ☺

I definitely think I'm going to like the 6-7ml capacity. I'll write more later. Still waiting on my Griffin to ship.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So A little more... it's a beast. Not that anything comparable isn't. It has a huge deck, you can put huge coils in. I have the air flow at half and it's still a ton of air. I don't notice it is good for taste or bad. I'm probably not the guy to ask. To me, get a huge dense hit of vapor, you can taste it. If others think the Crown and Crius has good flavor, this is certainly comparable. I would venture to say if you don't use big coils, it will have too much air.

The air flow control is very smooth. Very quiet too. One thing I am noticing I don't care for, is rings on the bottom of the base that are open to the mod. Leaks go to the connector and might not be visible. (Crius). That is how this is. But what I do like is the air channels are tunneled into the base. Drilled straight in. And both sides are separated. Its just a channel on each side that is independent of the other. I like the fact you can just see in it and see any juice. You don't have to wait to tip the tank over to find out you had a puddle stored in the base. The ports on the inside are sort of closer to the center than in the middle of the coil. Not hard to put the coil over the port, but bigger coils are pushed further out, allowing the air flow to sort of bypass the coil more. Maybe not a big deal to some, maybe a loss of a bit of flavor for others.

Oh, and last nit pick... the AFC has no internal stop. So it spins 360 degrees. I have come to appreciate those that have a stop when it comes time to take the tank off the mod.

I sort of don't like that the glass is not captured by rings top and bottom. It's just sandwiched between the internal parts and just sits on the base. The inside of the chamber/chimney/top are screwed together. If you don't hold the glass, you could unscrew it and have a mess. You have to ensure the top ring is not turning. Maybe other tanks are the same, but this is my first like this. One advantage though is double o-rings top and bottom. So how air and liquid look through glass... any leaks you will see. You know if the rings are leaking, you don't have to guess. And once it is put together, it does not need to come apart. Top fill is very nice, and the top derlin or steel cap is also very nice.

And one more nice thing... the base is solid. No o-rings, no possible leaks. Out the wick into the air holes, or out the tank down the side. Nothing internal to worry about.

If you do have to take it apart... you have to empty the tank. When you unscrew it to take the base off, it's a guess as to whether the chimney will unscrew out of the chamber, or the chamber will unscrew off the base. If the chamber unscrewed off the base, then you could leave juice in it, but so far I think the chimney has unscrewed more. Oh... duh... doesn't matter because again the glass is not captured and it all just slides apart at that point.

On the outside, the tank does look like quality. On the inside, there are a lot of machine marks. $65 isn't a lot to spend... I just think I have gotten really spoiled by well made super cheap stuff from China. This is well made, don't get me wrong. But some might not be impressed with some of the design features and internal machining at that price.

Some won't like the non 510 drip tip. I don't have a collection of them, and I like the fact it is all one piece top cap and nothing to come loose. It has the same bore as a Crown. I put that as a plus. I have not noticed much heat with this tank. I am using the derlin, but will try the steel. It does have better knurling for more grip. But so far the smooth derlin cap has not been a problem getting off.

The juice control ring is sloppy. It's thin and is bigger than the base. So it can move a bit and could easily be bent. The one nice thing about it is it makes wicking easy. Fold the ends down, cut them even exactly where you want in the channel, slide the ring over. No tucking. It must be easy because my very first attempt went well and didn't leak one bit.

Final Verdict.... I really like the tank. It might sound like I'm nit picking.... but at $65, you expect a lot from a tank. It does look good, and it is well made. And it is exactly what it is... a big tank with a big deck that will fit big coils and has big air flow. Flavor is on par with all my other great tasting tanks. The velocity style deck is easy to build on and very forgiving. Plenty of room, and easy to wick. As in wick it like every other velocity deck, ends to the top of the channel. While the juice control might be cheesy, it does work. And the ring aids in wicking, and then capturing it and keeps it out of the way when you screw the chamber on. It is no more tall than any other tank, but it is wider... 25mm. My Psyclone Evo is 28mm and it looks like it was made for it. Perfect pairing. And 6-7 ml of juice, is 6-7 ml of juice. What's not to like about that in a relatively short fat tank.

Oh ya, last plus.... the grub screw holes do not go into the other side of the post. So it seats flush to capture the wire. And I did check the grub screws... they are polished and smooth. Nothing to cut a wire.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So A little more... it's a beast. Not that anything comparable isn't. It has a huge deck, you can put huge coils in. I have the air flow at half and it's still a ton of air. I don't notice it is good for taste or bad. I'm probably not the guy to ask. To me, get a huge dense hit of vapor, you can taste it. If others think the Crown and Crius has good flavor, this is certainly comparable. I would venture to say if you don't use big coils, it will have too much air.

The air flow control is very smooth. Very quiet too. One thing I am noticing I don't care for, is rings on the bottom of the base that are open to the mod. Leaks go to the connector and might not be visible. (Crius). That is how this is. But what I do like is the air channels are tunneled into the base. Drilled straight in. And both sides are separated. Its just a channel on each side that is independent of the other. I like the fact you can just see in it and see any juice. You don't have to wait to tip the tank over to find out you had a puddle stored in the base. The ports on the inside are sort of closer to the center than in the middle of the coil. Not hard to put the coil over the port, but bigger coils are pushed further out, allowing the air flow to sort of bypass the coil more. Maybe not a big deal to some, maybe a loss of a bit of flavor for others.

Oh, and last nit pick... the AFC has no internal stop. So it spins 360 degrees. I have come to appreciate those that have a stop when it comes time to take the tank off the mod.

I sort of don't like that the glass is not captured by rings top and bottom. It's just sandwiched between the internal parts and just sits on the base. The inside of the chamber/chimney/top are screwed together. If you don't hold the glass, you could unscrew it and have a mess. You have to ensure the top ring is not turning. Maybe other tanks are the same, but this is my first like this. One advantage though is double o-rings top and bottom. So how air and liquid look through glass... any leaks you will see. You know if the rings are leaking, you don't have to guess. And once it is put together, it does not need to come apart. Top fill is very nice, and the top derlin or steel cap is also very nice.

And one more nice thing... the base is solid. No o-rings, no possible leaks. Out the wick into the air holes, or out the tank down the side. Nothing internal to worry about.

If you do have to take it apart... you have to empty the tank. When you unscrew it to take the base off, it's a guess as to whether the chimney will unscrew out of the chamber, or the chamber will unscrew off the base. If the chamber unscrewed off the base, then you could leave juice in it, but so far I think the chimney has unscrewed more. Oh... duh... doesn't matter because again the glass is not captured and it all just slides apart at that point.

On the outside, the tank does look like quality. On the inside, there are a lot of machine marks. $65 isn't a lot to spend... I just think I have gotten really spoiled by well made super cheap stuff from China. This is well made, don't get me wrong. But some might not be impressed with some of the design features and internal machining at that price.

Some won't like the non 510 drip tip. I don't have a collection of them, and I like the fact it is all one piece top cap and nothing to come loose. It has the same bore as a Crown. I put that as a plus. I have not noticed much heat with this tank. I am using the derlin, but will try the steel. It does have better knurling for more grip. But so far the smooth derlin cap has not been a problem getting off.

The juice control ring is sloppy. It's thin and is bigger than the base. So it can move a bit and could easily be bent. The one nice thing about it is it makes wicking easy. Fold the ends down, cut them even exactly where you want in the channel, slide the ring over. No tucking. It must be easy because my very first attempt went well and didn't leak one bit.

Final Verdict.... I really like the tank. It might sound like I'm nit picking.... but at $65, you expect a lot from a tank. It does look good, and it is well made. And it is exactly what it is... a big tank with a big deck that will fit big coils and has big air flow. Flavor is on par with all my other great tasting tanks. The velocity style deck is easy to build on and very forgiving. Plenty of room, and easy to wick. As in wick it like every other velocity deck, ends to the top of the channel. While the juice control might be cheesy, it does work. And the ring aids in wicking, and then capturing it and keeps it out of the way when you screw the chamber on. It is no more tall than any other tank, but it is wider... 25mm. My Psyclone Evo is 28mm and it looks like it was made for it. Perfect pairing. And 6-7 ml of juice, is 6-7 ml of juice. What's not to like about that in a relatively short fat tank.

Oh ya, last plus.... the grub screw holes do not go into the other side of the post. So it seats flush to capture the wire. And I did check the grub screws... they are polished and smooth. Nothing to cut a wire.
Thanks for the review! Either way, I'm sure to get one myself. However, I haven't decided on the 28 mm, or 30 mm tank yet.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the review! Either way, I'm sure to get one myself. However, I haven't decided on the 28 mm, or 30 mm tank yet.
The 25mm is a big tank. But like other big tanks... Sub tank plus.... I've only seen pics of the 30mm...people have them, seems a little ridiculous. I'm not some big builder.... But with all the room in the 25, I can't see what you would need a 30mm for. It's a beer can. Other than winning a dick measuing contest that is. IDK... What do I know... I thought the sub tank nano was it, then the mini, then the Crown, now this. I don't think this tank is leaving my Evo. I think I will like the Griffin too, but maybe more a back up.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The 25mm is a big tank. But like other big tanks... Sub tank plus.... I've only seen pics of the 30mm...people have them, seems a little ridiculous. I'm not some big builder.... But with all the room in the 25, I can't see what you would need a 30mm for. It's a beer can. Other than winning a dick measuing contest that is. IDK... What do I know... I thought the sub tank nano was it, then the mini, then the Crown, now this. I don't think this tank is leaving my Evo. I think I will like the Griffin too, but maybe more a back up.
I would like the RX200 to have a Centered 510 and then use the 30mm on it, would love to fit bigger builds in a RTA...

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would like the RX200 to have a Centered 510 and then use the 30mm on it, would love to fit bigger builds in a RTA...
How big? I've seen pics of the 30mm on a RX200. It over hangs the front a tad. But both are fat so it does "fit" on a RX.

I'll take some pics at some point. I forgot when I finished my build. I wanted to show how much room there was.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both the vcmt and the griffin. Bith excellent tanks. I have the vcmt on my rx200 with a 6 wrap 22/32 3mm clapton in it and its insane. I like it in RDA mode also. I wish i had pics of it but i lent it to a friend of mine. Ill post pics when i get it. In the griffin i have it on my decimus with a 5 wrap 26/32 2.5mm clapton and the flavor is awesome. Clouds are good as well. Had an aromamizer and this bends it over a barrel.
2bf0058459c6a3a788df94b18a671589.jpg

eabecbfac06a19412e7d8f881cf8be44.jpg

I dont think $65 is too bad for the vcmt. Well i oaid $58 with the couon code 10percentoff on eciggity. People pay that much for a good rda and this has more parts.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg Tank is good. Chucks like a monster but have been getting leakage through the AFC. just rebuilt hoping it sorts the issue. For the price I really don't expect to have to deal with leaks.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 37142 Tank is good. Chucks like a monster but have been getting leakage through the AFC. just rebuilt hoping it sorts the issue. For the price I really don't expect to have to deal with leaks.
Ive ordered two from them. The first one leaked through the afc ring. The second not so much

f51ac9de69ee4d28e9354ce6db0264e8.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors