Become a Patron!

Anyone get the VCMT yet?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are we talking juice leaking or massive amounts of nearly flavorless condensation that happens? Mine does the latter, it doesn't leak juice from the tank though.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are we talking juice leaking or massive amounts of nearly flavorless condensation that happens? Mine does the latter, it doesn't leak juice from the tank though.
The second lol

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, mine leaks. Been working on getting through the last of some custard then wick it again a little better. It's irritating that it leaks out between bade and AFC ring to the mod. But I love the tank. I just keep reaching for it.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I so want this thing but don't wanna deal with a leaky bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its condensation. It only "leaks" when vaping. If its sitting there it doesnt leak. Well mine does this. Its between the afc n base.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I so want this thing but don't wanna deal with a leaky bitch

There is nothing to leak. The base is solid. Either poor wicking, or condensation. But the tank itself doesn't "leak".

As far as wicking, it's a velocity deck so pretty simple. But I think I can get it a bit better next time. I think that's most of my problem.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have y'all tried to use it with the juice flow control ring removed?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have y'all tried to use it with the juice flow control ring removed?
Some folks have, I don't see the point. It need to be there for the chamber threads to have tension against.

Some people flip it to have the teeth up. Again, I don't know of why. With teeth down, the band on top retains the the wick. It easy to place the wick and cut at the bottom of the band. Then the ends of the wick are right where you want them.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody know of a way to remove the afc ring?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have seen a broken one. The AFC ring is held on by a thin metal "washer" for lack of a better term that covers the bottom surface. It's press fitted onto the base of the 510 in the center it looked like. Once the broken one had been removed, it could not be replaced, hence it was broken. So the actual bottom of the base with text printed on it is a separate "washer" shaped piece.

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely my wicking.... I rebuilt it this weekend. I cut the ends about midway visible in the juice port with the teeth down. I had it like normal... Tips sort of at the top. I just wanted to try a little more, not jam packed. Anyway, plenty of wick, no dry hit, and it's dry as a bone. Spotless.

I have been using my Griffin more to get some use on it and see how it does. But I really love the VCMT. It's hard to put it down. Just don't fool your self. Plenty of good reasonable sized RTAs out there. This is big with big capabilities. No point in getting it if you are going to close the air and put 5 wraps of 28g on 2mm. But if you want plenty of room for big builds, this RTA is it.

I have 10/11 wraps of 24g on 3mm. Plenty of room. I have the air closed maybe a 1/3-1/4... And it laughs at me for being a sissy. But that is plenty for me. :)

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely my wicking.... I rebuilt it this weekend. I cut the ends about midway visible in the juice port with the teeth down. I had it like normal... Tips sort of at the top. I just wanted to try a little more, not jam packed. Anyway, plenty of wick, no dry hit, and it's dry as a bone. Spotless.

I have been using my Griffin more to get some use on it and see how it does. But I really love the VCMT. It's hard to put it down. Just don't fool your self. Plenty of good reasonable sized RTAs out there. This is big with big capabilities. No point in getting it if you are going to close the air and put 5 wraps of 28g on 2mm. But if you want plenty of room for big builds, this RTA is it.

I have 10/11 wraps of 24g on 3mm. Plenty of room. I have the air closed maybe a 1/3-1/4... And it laughs at me for being a sissy. But that is plenty for me. :)
I'm trying to picture your wicking but can't.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, just like any velocity deck, most recommend that the ends of the wick are just into the juice ports /channels. Sort of thinned out maybe. Don't cram the channels full. But then others say cram them full.

On all my velocity style decks... Crius, VCMT, Griffin... I've been tucking the wicks just into the ports. Well, it must not have been enough because my tank has been leaking. However, the VCMT base is solid so the base doesn't leak.

So I wanted a bit more wick in the channels. At the top you will not see wick. I have the wick down to the top of the port where you can see it. The ports are really just a slot. So they are at the top of the slot.

Anyway, everyone can wick their stuff however they see fit. I'm not trying to say this is the perfect way for this tank. I'm just saying I tweaked my wick a bit and no more mess. None. So it getting plemty of juice to the wick, and it's squeaky clean on the outside. I'm really loving this tank.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you can barely see your wick when looking into the juice channel? Looking from the outside of course like as the tank is assembled?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya. But there is the ring part above. And inside that is kinda the top of the deck. So the wick is in the channel a fair amount compared to how most do velocity decks. But the channels are pretty big. Like I said, the deck can do more. So with big channels, and a 3mm coil, it might need a bit more cotton down in them to keep things clean.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a video for wicking the VCMT. Just one way.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It took me until this past weekend to love the VCMT 25mm. Its all a wicking game. I did a very short wick tuck under job just enough to cover the juice holes at the very top on my 5 wrap, 3mm, spaced 30/24 clapton build and now I am in love. 150-175 watts, dense warm vapor production and I do not have to pull hard on the drip tip. The build reads 0.27 and I have been using on the Reuleaux and on my series box almost exlusively all week. I wanted to wait until I rewicked it with the new method to ensure my results were repeatable before posting. I will say, if you can see cotton in the windows of the juice channels, and you run claptons, you are missing out. A tad more fussy of a wick job but if you can nail it down without leaks, you will be cranking up the watts.

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have both sizes yet? I'm curious if there is a size difference in the build deck, airflow, and chimney diameter. And of course, performance. At the moment I'm leaning toward the 25mm. But of the 30mm performs better due to different specs, I might be able to deal with the inevitable overhang.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't own one but I've wicked/ vaped a 30mm. And yes its bigger in all categories. Deck/air/juice/chimney are all larger. Nic was too high for me to keep using it, but I have my 25mm so well dialed in that it's hard to imagine getting a larger,denser vape and actually beating able to enjoy it. I think I am maxxed out.

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I'm I ever torn over this tank. It seems like it will squash anything that ever came before it. The only things putting me off are the price and not being able to access the deck when full. I feel that for $65, It shouldn't have any blatant cons. So I'm stuck between pulling the trigger on this or the griffin. Or holding out for a month or 2 until something comes along that 1 ups them both, which will surely happen...

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man I'm I ever torn over this tank. It seems like it will squash anything that ever came before it. The only things putting me off are the price and not being able to access the deck when full. I feel that for $65, It shouldn't have any blatant cons. So I'm stuck between pulling the trigger on this or the griffin. Or holding out for a month or 2 until something comes along that 1 ups them both, which will surely happen...
I like my vcmt 25mm but i was looking into the 30mm one when i stumbled across the ohmega alpha. Takes care of both of your problems. But only comes in 30 mm

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The alpha has no airflow control... So right now its a question of which kick ass monster tank do I want, in sacrifice of what feature... Damn.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't own one but I've wcked vaped a 30mm. And yes its bigger in all categories. Deck/air/juice/chimney are all larger. Nic was too high for me to keep using it, but I have my 25mm so well dialed in that IRS hard to imagine getting a larger,denser vape and actually beating able to enjoy it. I think I am maxxed out.
That's where I'm at. My Crown was more. Thought that was a lot. Now I'm used to this and Griffin. There is no fighting with the VCMT. All I want. I grabbed my crown today. Still a great vape.... But just makes me miss this one.

I'm on my 3rd wick. First was too short. Ran the next one more into the channels and no leak. But it was too tight. So I thinned it and shortened it... That was a mistake. Leaked more. Thin is better, just need to keep them longer. That's all. Big channels. They just need more cotton than a normal velocity build.

Going to fix it now. It really needs to be running.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The alpha has no airflow control... So right now its a question of which kick ass monster tank do I want, in sacrifice of what feature... Damn.
I run my 25 mm vcmt full open. From what i read the 30 mm alpha and the 25mm vcmt have the same draw. Plus you can comtrol the airflow with a vape band they provide. Funky i know but its an option. Another reason i went with the alpha was you can out your own drip tips. Ill report in when i get it.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking that I'm gonna hold off till tax return time. That way I will see which of these (or newer) tanks rises to the top, and I can pick up a nice fat DNA 200 box that a 30mm tank will sit nicely on. The Boxer comes to mind at the moment. Basically what I'm wanting in my next tank is to out cloud my Tfv4 and to out flavor my Bellus...

Maximumoverdrive

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got the 25mm VCMT last night. Vaped one in a store & dam what a beast. I can't leave anything alone & maybe that's getting worse cause I tore this thing apart before building it even once. I wanted to do a little deburing on the base so AFC had to come off to enable a thorough cleaning. The AFC ring is retained with a press fit flat washer on bottom & is a pain in the ass. If it leaks when filling, the juice runs out the slots and gets between the AFC ring and the base. I came up with a special tool to remove the AFC ring easily. Wait for it........................yep 2 nails & a piece of wood!! see pic. Close AFC and put base upside down centered between nails with nail heads in the AFC slots. Then just tap 510 end with a rubber hammer (I removed the Copper 510 screw first). To reinstall just push the disk on with your thumbs and then screw into a 510 on a mod that allows the atty to seat flush. Screwing it down presses the disk back on.
DSC00443 (2).JPGDSC00442 (2).JPG

I did a few mods as follows:
  1. first off I chucked the juice flow control ring, screwed the chamber down tight & drilled 1/16 holes in chamber just below deck. this allows juice level to raise up/equalize to top of channels inside the chamber. It allows you to run very short wick tails. I had already tried and proven this mod on my Goblin Mini. This makes a huge improvement on wicking & had no affect on leaking in the Goblin. I never got a baseline on the VCMT, but so far no leaks & I don't even have wick in front of the new holes.
  2. My buddy at the store told me the glass tanks break easy & with chamber screwed down tight And chimney screwed all the way in I needed/wanted a shorter tank. I made one from Ultem 1000 about .080" shorter then the original. I have some experience with Ultem 1000. It seams to be immune to the juices that notoriously crack tanks. I used to make drip tips/chuffs out of it & have had friends torcher it with juices like Banana custard & Cinnamon that are known to crack tanks.
Just put a basic build in it since I only have 75w to work with. dual 26ga 8.5 wrap spaced 3mm wicked with natural Pima cotton. I wicked it with very short tails. The tails stop just below the top of the channels. So far I've chain vaped about half a tank of 70/30 0 nic with no leaks & no dry hits. I'm using in TC mode and using all 75w all the time. It is a nice warm vape, but didn't hit temp control till I ran the tank dry. The fact that it's not hitting temp protect proves it's wicking great and that I need more watts.
DSC00436 (2).JPG

This thing is a beast now I need a dam 200 w TC mod

Last edited:
Just got the 25mm VCMT last night. Vaped one in a store & dam what a beast. I can't leave anything alone & maybe that's getting worse cause I tore this thing apart before building it even once. I wanted to do a little deburing on the base so AFC had to come off to enable a thorough cleaning. The AFC ring is retained with a press fit flat washer on bottom & is a pain in the ass. If it leaks when filling, the juice runs out the slots and gets between the AFC ring and the base. I came up with a special tool to remove the AFC ring easily. Wait for it........................yep 2 nails & a piece of wood!! see pic. Close AFC and put base upside down centered between nails with nail heads in the AFC slots. Then just tap 510 end with a rubber hammer (I removed the Copper 510 screw first). To reinstall just push the disk on with your thumbs and then screw into a 510 on a mod that allows the atty to seat flush. Screwing it down presses the disk back on.
View attachment 37738View attachment 37741

I did a few mods as follows:
  1. first off I chucked the juice flow control ring, screwed the chamber down tight & drilled 1/16 holes in chamber just below deck. this allows juice level to raise up/equalize to top of channels inside the chamber. It allows you to run very short wick tails. I had already tried and proven this mod on my Goblin Mini. This makes a huge improvement on wicking & had no affect on leaking in the Goblin. I never got a baseline on the VCMT, but so far no leaks & I don't even have wick in front of the new holes.
  2. My buddy at the store told me the glass tanks break easy & with chamber screwed down tight And chimney screwed all the way in I needed/wanted a shorter tank. I made one from Ultem 1000 about .080" shorter then the original. I have some experience with Ultem 1000. It seams to be immune to the juices that notoriously crack tanks. I used to make drip tips/chuffs out of it & have had friends torcher it with juices like Banana custard & Cinnamon that are known to crack tanks.
Just put a basic build in it since I only have 75w to work with. dual 26ga 8.5 wrap spaced 3mm wicked with natural Pima cotton. I wicked it with very short tails. The tails stop just below the top of the channels. So far I've chain vaped about half a tank of 70/30 0 nic with no leaks & no dry hits. I'm using in TC mode and using all 75w all the time. It is a nice warm vape, but didn't hit temp control till I ran the tank dry. The fact that it's not hitting temp protect proves it's wicking great and that I need more watts.
View attachment 37748

This thing is a beast now I need a dam 200 w TC mod

good stuff..I also dumped the juice ring..Gonna try drilling the 1/16 holes

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still don't think I've gotten the most out of my wicking. Plus I want to go to 4mm coils. I'll probably try same wick in bigger coil. But this tank is a monster. My nic was too high at 6. Finally got some 3 for this tank. My intention has never been to use more juice. But with this tanks output... Which I'm not really even pushing... 3mg is much nicer. I don't mind dropping some harshness. Hopefully I can get a new build in tonight.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally.... So I used less, loose in the coil. Wick still a littl long. Crap. So I cut the wick shorter. Better, but still crap. Decided to Renwick like regular velocity... Tips to the deck, thinned a bit. I basically leave the top longer for the curve down, but treat it like a square... Cut the tip to a point on all 4 sides. I figured it would leak, but so far not bad. Wicks, and hits much better. Like it actually has juice.

It's not hard to wick, but has big juice channels. So they will leak if not full. But the channels are deep. The ring is still lower than the deck maybe 2mm. So I was getting the tips into the ring, but it chokes juice flow. Now they are above the ring, but still below the deck. But left pointy and fluffy, wick much better.

It's been pissing me off. With TC, no burnt hit, but very weak. After putting it together with a primed wick, holy shit. I even went so far as to dump juice down the chimney like a dripper... Holy shit! So with a really weak vape, I knew I was choking juice flow. So far it's much better. Can't say it's best, but much better.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing is a beast

This tank is franking amazing. There aren't enough good things I can say about this thing. My buddy has pushed his VCMT to his limit of over 600watts and no burnt hits. Anything you can think up this will handle

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This tank is franking amazing. There aren't enough good things I can say about this thing. My buddy has pushed his VCMT to his limit of over 600watts and no burnt hits. Anything you can think up this will handle
What the hell is he using where he's getting 600w?

What the hell is he using where he's getting 600w?

One of the custom boxes my store makes. It can use a 6 cell lipo battery so max power is 24V. Our standard custom box is tripple 18650 box and will max out at your batteries power, We recommend using the 40A AWT batteries as they work the best

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I was doing a quick bit of mental math thinking you'd have like a 6 battery mod, that or a car battery :D

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the custom boxes my store makes. It can use a 6 cell lipo battery so max power is 24V. Our standard custom box is tripple 18650 box and will max out at your batteries power, We recommend using the 40A AWT batteries as they work the best
Sounds like overkill

I have a triple 18650 box and keep it roughly at 6.3V and sit right around 200-250W. Then again the nice thing is no ramp up time so I use large coils and enjoy a warm vape. PM me if you want more info since this is on the VCMT

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pushing your batteries pretty hard aren't ya?

Not too bad I have a .2 coil and I'm sitting just under 200W With no heating time I never hit the constant current level of the batteries

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started win Clapton coils. 24/28 3mm 5 wrap. Dialing in wattage, working through wick in issues. Trying to nail down a leak through the airhole. So far the vapor is rediculous!
Have you fixed the leaking through the air holes I have the 30mm but u can't lean itnor nothing or it will leak but if its straight up then no leaking needing some help thanks
No 22mm version?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 37142 Tank is good. Chucks like a monster but have been getting leakage through the AFC. just rebuilt hoping it sorts the issue. For the price I really don't expect to have to deal with leaks.
Have you got the leaking to stop I have the 30mm VCMT and its leaking if it tilts over or filling from the too but standing straight up its good need a little help thanks

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Part of custom work, we make it to what the customer wants. He wanted something with "stupid amounts of power" So we made him a custom box with a 6 cell lipo battery.
Freeedoom! I love it. Why build dragsters that go 0 to 300 mph in 4 seconds? Cause merica thats why :-D

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So.... Gotta say, this tank is really frustrating. It's all about the wick, and I have yet to figure it out. Too little or too short it leaks. If it doesn't leak, then it's too much.

Forget power, I only do TC. TC will never burn a hit, but if the wick is starved for juice, then it's anemic. So mine leaks, or is anemic, or both.

What am I comparing to....? Well I flood it. Screw the top on when full, huge hit. Blow/suck with AFC closed... Huge hit. Pour juice down the chimney, huge hit. I have plenty of coil, not enough juice.

I thinned it, leaks. Thought I had it figured out, anemic. Said screw it, put the wick to the top of the channel, Ran out everywhere. I have wicked it like videos, anemic. Just got it cleaned, coiled, wicked, anemic. I literally unscrew the top and leave the tank open and it's good. Of course if I forget I have a mess.

The tank is the tank. Nothing wrong with it. There are ridiculous tanks with tiny channels that have to be opened up. That is not the problem here. The tank is capable of a lot more than I am getting out of it. I just can't figure out how to wick it to have plenty of juice without leaking.

I'm using 4 mm coils with jap cotton pads about 4/5 mm wide strips. Used more, used less. Stuffed channels full to empty. Ring up, ring down. It's like the vacuum is too much for any wick that won't leak. Unscrew the cap, all good. But that isn't how it should be.

sorry your having so many problem with the VCMT..my first time building on I had problems with it..After the first attempt, what I do now is juice the cotton especially the wicks in the well till they stick and stay put..I leave them a little long(a hair) so they stick out the juice hole,then put the chimney on, after that, I gently push the cotton hanging out back in...hope that makes sense

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man do I ever have an itchy, itchy, trigger finger for the 30mm VCMT... I have been waiting to see if any other tank was going to be released that would top this, or at least have a better price. The only thing that seems to come close is the Ohmega Alpha tank, which I heard has questionable build quality and vape band airflow control. Vape band AFC is a huge turn off for me. I was hoping to see 26650 form factor tanks to gain more popularity on the market and more to be designed and released, but not seeing the push that I was hoping for. Especially with the tendency for massive, juice guzzling builds and high wattage.So I'm about to pull the trigger on the VCMT, with the hopes that it will be my dream tank. Meaning a tank so powerful that i will not outgrow it any time soon. This thing is basically a full size bottom airflow Velocity RDA surrounded by 10 ml of juice. I'm also leaning towards a RX200 mod to put it on. Knowing my luck, a dual 26650 regulated mod and a similar tank for half the price will drop the same day I pull these out of my mailbox?

VU Sponsors