Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmmmm.......

I’m just not sure. I’ve never dealt with TFA Apple Pie. TFA Pie Crust is eh. Can come off as burnt. But the cinnamon churro might help?

So this is the problem. I’m not sure you’re gonna get an apple pie because none of those apples are particularly cooked. The Caps is actually not bad. I’d drop the TFA and the FW Dutch. Keep the Caps Double and Apple Pie. Raise the Caps Cinnamon Sugar to maybe 1.50%. The Silverline are weak flavors.

Now.....are you trying for a caramel apple pie? Or just using the caramel as a sweetener? If you’re going for a caramel apple pie, then you’re gonna need a butterscotch to back it up and thicken up the caramel. If it’s just a sweetener, you can drop it down to 1%.

If you’re really looking for an Apple pie, get FLV Apple Filling. It’s amazing. And One on One Pie Crust.....or FA Apple Pie(it’s mostly crust).

Good luck!!!

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hmmmmm.......

I’m just not sure. I’ve never dealt with TFA Apple Pie. TFA Pie Crust is eh. Can come off as burnt. But the cinnamon churro might help?

So this is the problem. I’m not sure you’re gonna get an apple pie because none of those apples are particularly cooked. The Caps is actually not bad. I’d drop the TFA and the FW Dutch. Keep the Caps Double and Apple Pie. Raise the Caps Cinnamon Sugar to maybe 1.50%. The Silverline are weak flavors.

Now.....are you trying for a caramel apple pie? Or just using the caramel as a sweetener? If you’re going for a caramel apple pie, then you’re gonna need a butterscotch to back it up and thicken up the caramel. If it’s just a sweetener, you can drop it down to 1%.

If you’re really looking for an Apple pie, get FLV Apple Filling. It’s amazing. And One on One Pie Crust.....or FA Apple Pie(it’s mostly crust).

Good luck!!!
Hey thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely keep those ideas in mind while tweaking. Caramel is for warm sweetness also used sugar cookie to help with the pie crust. I did plan on adding butterscotch ripple once I got the pie part down. My end goal is the bottom of the bowl of warm apple pie a la mode.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely keep those ideas in mind while tweaking. Caramel is for warm sweetness also used sugar cookie to help with the pie crust. I did plan on adding butterscotch ripple once I got the pie part down. My end goal is the bottom of the bowl of warm apple pie a la mode.
Sounds great! Let us know if you need any more guidance. And post the recipe once it’s done!

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hmmmmm.......

Good luck!!!
First taste test, you were right. The apples I used made it bright. Tastes just like an apple cinnamon pop tart. No bad at all but I’ll look into more of a baked apple flavor with my next ingredient order.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First taste test, you were right. The apples I used made it bright. Tastes just like an apple cinnamon pop tart. No bad at all but I’ll look into more of a baked apple flavor with my next ingredient order.
FLV Apple Filling is your best bet if you want cooked apples with cinnamon. If you want to do your own cinnamon, I’d recommend PUR Country Apple. Cooked apples, no cinnamon. I have both and use them for different things.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second that notion. Apple Filling is one of the best flavors out there. It can be vaped standalone. I mix it with FA Apple Pie, which as noted above is mainly crust, and some custard. Yummy!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Envious. Im apple flavour blind vape wise. Wierd because I can smell it in concentrates, and even taste it on a finger test! But the same mix I can smell and taste on actual contact I get Zero vaping it!
I have heard some get the same with Strawberry. Thankfully im ok with the Strawberry ones I use.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made this up about 9 days ago. I have vaped it a little bit and it's pretty great so far. EDIT: I just refilled my squonk bottle with this and actually it is excellent and taste just like apple pie.
1610562423017.png

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question about WF. On BCV they show Crumble Topping WF. Is this the same as Crumble Topping SC WF? I find it hard to believe they'd have the same flavor in two variations.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question about WF. On BCV they show Crumble Topping WF. Is this the same as Crumble Topping SC WF? I find it hard to believe they'd have the same flavor in two variations.
To my knowledge it is the same flavor. @wildgypsy70 would probably know for certain, but I think it's kind of like FA Strawberry at bullcity would be found on elc as FA Strawberry (red touch)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. It looks like a great flavor to have.
I haven't really done too much playing around with it, but it reminds me a little bit of that CAP Silverline Cinnamon Sugar texture without the cinnamon. It's a little crunchy and crumbly I guess.

VU Sponsors