Become a Patron!

Are puff bar going to be banned

Hi,
Everyone I recently read a new on FDA website to remove online stores for selling puff bar. Are puff bar going to ban in USA ??

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I bought some eliquid the other day and they were giving them away for free if you bought two bottles.
I was buying more than two anyway so I have a banana puff bar on the way with my order now. :giggle:
it's not a good sign for a product when they start giving them away.
all flavored disposables will probably end up gone.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless puff bars have an accepted PMTA application on file then yep no more puff bars.
Very soon.

technically only maybe 15 or so vape things will be legal to be sold in the US after September 9.
Maybe less maybe a few more. Has been very hard to get PMTA application statistics since the first of the year.

AFIK NO vape stuff has been approved yet.
But if they have an accepted application on file they can continue to be sold after Sep 9. Until rejected, approved or until 1 year from app filing date.

Of course if approved they can be sold.

I know of NO bottled juice with applications accepted except sealed in a few pods

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is disturbing news
Yep has been since 8-8-2016. Only vape stuff on the market prior to Feb 2007 I think it is is exempt from the PMTA process. Of which none is still for sale. And I think it was 2 cigalikes or somesuch.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Out of curiosity, is this the company? It seems they're keen into nicotine salt juices. Saw they had something working toward compliance under new technology though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is still very questionable if any nic content over 20 mg/ml or so will get FDA approval.
I think not but may be surprised.

Also AFIK NO vape stuff has PMTA approval to sell yet.

I think that under 20 vape products have accepted filed applications.

also per the FDA's stated enforcement priorities of protecting the children... yeah I know...
I expect Puffbars to be an early enforcement target.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also AFIK NO vape stuff has PMTA approval to sell yet.

I think that under 20 vape products have accepted filed applications.

I think the FDA ought to host the applications online, clearly labeled. This way we can see who has filed, who has been denied, passed. The act of trying to keep up with that is bullshit without transparency.

VU Sponsors